University of Delaware Employee Reviews in United States

Fun Times
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJuly 11, 2016
As a student, I worked at the health center, and I became friends with the nurses I had to work with, as well as the students I had to orient. Pretty easy job to take on while you're swamped with work; you'll almost always have time to study on the job. My particular job was fun, but I can't speak for any of the other jobs at the university.
Great experience with the remotely operated vehicle
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJune 15, 2016
Gained a lot of experience with the remotely operated vehicle and had a great time in the machine shop. The most exciting part is to run the text for the remotely operated vehicle.
It is a good school
AV Technician (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEJune 10, 2016
A great school that treats it's employees very well. Also allows for flexible schedules and gives good pay. It's also got a great environment.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Short houts
Excellent Place to work.
Part Time, Medical Transport Driver (Current Employee) –  Newark, DE 19716June 2, 2016
Transporting students to different location around campus, and reported mileage onto log. I learn patience is the key to a productive environment. Management is fair, and willing to work with your personnel issues. Co- workers are very nice, and willing to share their work experience. the hardest part of the job is not having anyone to transport are drop off. the most enjoyable part of the job is laughing with co-workers.
Pros
U.D. Ice Cream Dairy
Educational experience
Undergraduate Research Student (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJune 1, 2016
As a undergraduate research assistant, I had learned a lot about my lab's purpose and helped to create recruitment tools, coding schemes, and data analysis tools - under the supervision of the lab director and the graduate students.
Good side job as student
Programing Director (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJune 1, 2016
Work was simple and always during the night so it never interfered with course work. Worked with others and had to make last minute changes as the shows usually had some issue. Mainly worked with the president of the club for show times and lengths.
costume shop
Costumer Service (Former Employee) –  wilmington deMay 13, 2016
slave, coven, bully, repression is worst then slavery, needs a undercover boss for real I said it needs a undercover boss is that plan enough for you Undercover boss
Pros
learning atmostpher
Cons
bullyed need a undercover boss
Great Working Environment
Student Advisor (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEMay 12, 2016
I enjoyed going to work each day. I worked with the director of the Center and learned a lot of new things each day. I gained skills that will help me with my career later down the line
great workplace
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEMay 11, 2016
great place to work. Love getting to know my residents, learned crisis management and other leadership qualifications. Flexible schedule great coworkers and supervisors.
Dynamic educational environment
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEMay 6, 2016
As a Graduate Teaching Assistant, you are able to get your doctoral coursework completed while still fulfilling the work requirement.
Work Day
Assistant I (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEApril 12, 2016
I have learned a lot about the work environment at UD. I keep applying until a door opened I was so excited. My enthusiasm quickly turned in to over worked, hurt feelings and discriminated against. If you are not management in the department I work for than you as a worker or person do not matter.
Benefits
Cons
Management are bullies
Good learning enviornent
Graduate Program/Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEApril 8, 2016
This was an enjoyable place to work and was a good learning environment. I was a student here at the time of being a gragduate assistant.
Highly Productive
Men's Basketball Scholarship Student-Athlete (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEApril 5, 2016
Student-Athlete at the University of Delaware. I graduated with a BA in Sociology. I has an invaluable experience on and off of the playing field that allowed me to intact and cultivate relationships that will last forever.
Great Workplace with lots of talented PhD students
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEApril 2, 2016
Work Description:
Measured muscle’s hydraulic permeability to understand the physical constrains in muscle-bone cross-talk
Dissected mice to harvest the intact tibial muscle from hind limbs
Harvested bovine gastrocnemius muscle by sectioning along the muscle fibers from bovine knee samples
Conducted indentation tests on harvested muscles and collected data
Derived muscles’ mechanical properties by using FEBio simulation and Matlab
Compared simulated results and experimental results by using Origin

I learned how to perform indentation test on muscle.
Pros
Learn how to use lab equipment; Learn how to use Matlab
Excellent Opportunity
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEMarch 28, 2016
I was proud to serve the University of Delaware effort in the regional schools and share my insights in education, technology, and best practice with members of the staff.
good location, nice professors
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEMarch 15, 2016
I have spend over 6 years in University of Delaware and obtained my bachelor and master degree here. Currently, I work as a research assistant for my boss.
Pros
work at home
dishroom
Server/ Stocker / Event Helper (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEMarch 13, 2016
My typical day at work was stressful because the boss was very hard on me and was demanding. The things I learned was serving, cooking ,refilling the soda machines with more soda,placing the trash were it belonged ,refilling the coffee machines ,washing pots/ pans and last stocking napkins. My co-workers were nice they were very helpful when needed. The hardest part of my job was the dish room because I was the only one washing pots/pans and they were coming back to back. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new people and interacting with them motivating me to want to come in every day
Pros
work place
Cons
short breaks demanding people
field construction and lab test
intern (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEMarch 8, 2016
I worked with a doctor student and a senior undergraduate student. We designed and constructed the field for Biochar field tests. I also did disk infiltrometer test for measuring saturated hydraulic conductivity. I learned a lot in both lab and field work.
ok place
Research Fellow (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEFebruary 12, 2016
good people. good work place. small town. not enough exposure. not too many big companies in the area. not very competitive environment.
State of the art facility, too many employees
Fitness Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJanuary 29, 2016
The facility was beautiful, hard pressed to find a better fitness center. I learned a great deal about providing quality customer service. The management was lacking, they hired too many people so the hours were very sparse. The co workers were all very dedicated fitness advocates and made the environment a pleasant one.

4.3