University of Delaware Employee Reviews

Productive and great people
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEApril 26, 2017
Working for University of Delaware has shown me how to work with students and make sure everyone is handled correctly. It is a great atmosphere because it is on a college campus.
is a stable job
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEApril 24, 2017
ud has good benefits and most of the coworkers are willing to help you get settle in , management sometimes don't help as much and can be really pushy, they really don't have a job advancement witch
Teaching Assistantship at CISC department
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEApril 17, 2017
It is an excellent opportunity, and if you have the right professor. Its a breeze. I work on average 20 hours a week, and the compensation and benefits are really good.
Very great
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEApril 5, 2017
Working at UD was amazing. I was also a student there, a nursing major, and so it was really nice to share my insight with the students that I was teaching.
Great Work Environment
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEMarch 29, 2017
Great place to be productive and get work done.In addition to this, the graduate TA who was seeking his PhD was also extremely useful and generous. If I didn't understand something, he would offer assistance.
res life UD
Residence Hall Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEMarch 27, 2017
Good organization, consistently trying to improve. Definite propensity to play favorites - and I was lucky to be one. In the end, the work life balance of being expected to be on call close to 24/7/365 was not good for me. For res lifers and higher ed lovers, it's a dream role.
Good times good vibes
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEMarch 27, 2017
It was a great time, I was a teacher's assistant and I helped the professor run the class. I took attendance and helped a lot with class activities and teaching.
Great place to work, live and grow!
Digital Imaging Specialist/Photographer (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEMarch 18, 2017
Terrific place to work with many, many resources available through online training and workplace educational opportunities available to improve and advance.
Great benefits and scenic campus
Postdoctoral Fellowship (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEMarch 15, 2017
Vibrant and active faculty make the University of Delaware a productive place to learn and work. The University of Delaware promotes work life balance in their generous benefits package.
Great academic setting
Instructor of Geography (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEMarch 11, 2017
With access to Philadelphia, Wilmington, and Baltimore, UD has opportunities for instructors and students alike to incorporate different cultures into their experiences. The facilities are improving every year, and the endowment has been fueling a lot of great research.
Professional responsibility in work place
Researcher (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEMarch 9, 2017
The environment should be conducive for professional enhancement such as on job training. The employees should embrace dedication, efficiency, commitment, loyalty, and need to contribute to the success of the organization as part of their everyday goals.
Fun place to work
Business Process Analyst (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEMarch 2, 2017
I worked part time on campus. It is a good place to work. Relaxed. The timings are generally flexible. I had a great experience working here.
Grad School
Ph.D Graduate Student (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEFebruary 16, 2017
Great facilities, great professors, great colleagues. Some were a little full of themselves, but were nice enough otherwise. There's not much else to do in Delaware, so weekends will be spent traveling to the major cities nearby.
Amazing the time flew by
Cashier (Former Employee) –  ConcessionFebruary 15, 2017
The Concession Stand taught me allot of the skills needed to work in the food and customer service environment. I very much enjoyed the fast paced festive basket ball game concession stand environment, I thought it was a great experience.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Short Breaks
It is a good program.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJanuary 28, 2017
The hospitality program is intensive and time and cost save. You could make friends and gain career here. I had good experience at this school, which is acceptable of different culture.
A nice workplace
Misc Wage Employee (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJanuary 12, 2017
So far I haven't had any complaints with working here aside from not being able to receive any benefits due to being a part time employee.
Great place for grad students
Graduate Research Assistant/Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJanuary 11, 2017
I was just a TA (and a research assistant), but my TA experience was pretty typical. Some of the grading got a little out of hand but I was able to balance it with the rest of my work.
University Life
Associate Scientist (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEJanuary 11, 2017
Not much headroom for a non-faculty track scientist/engineer, but the hours are flexible, the work is interesting, and the benefits are great.
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
Not much room for professional growth
Productive work environment
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEJanuary 5, 2017
It has been a great opportunity for me to expand my skills out of the classroom. I am able to balance my school work while putting in a flexible amount of hours as a TA.
Nice place to work and go to school
Assistant to Professor of Marketing (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEDecember 13, 2016
Nice soft entry job into the real world. Its not hard and depending on who you work for you can learn a lot. It all depends on who you work for.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Delaware. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3