University of Delaware

University of Delaware United States Employee Reviews

fun
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Newark, DEOctober 20, 2014
I am currently working as a research assistant in a food safety lab in University of Delaware while pursuing my master's degree in food science. The university offers various benefits.
Assistant I.T. Support Specialist
Assistant I.T. Support Specialist (Former Employee), Newark, DEOctober 19, 2014
• Provided support with software and hardware issue resolution
• Developed a support ticket management system for stakeholder IT issue resolution
I worked for my school
Chemistry Student (Former Employee), Newark, DEOctober 14, 2014
I enjoyed tutoring but it was a bit stressful at times because I also was a full time student.
Great Job
Library Assistant-Access Services (Former Employee), Newark, DEOctober 14, 2014
I loved working here. One of the most beautiful universities on the east coast, with a great staff and lots of energy.
Great job for a student who is willing to work
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Newark, DEOctober 7, 2014
Great opportunity for professional development, as well as helping to pay for school.
Fun learning expericence
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Newark, DESeptember 20, 2014
Typical day at work:
Keeping up to date information for the residents
Scheduling floor meetings
Acting as a mediator between roommates
Calling campus emergency services if needed
Updating resident room information

What I've learned:
How to work in an authoritative position
Manage a group of students
Take charge in a higher position and decision making
What to do in emergency situations
Coordinate activities
Scheduling office duties with other RA's

I had a wonderful time working with the other Resident Assistance and learning with them. We had to rely on each other for answers to questions, learning policies withing the dormitories, and advising the students. The hardest part was dealing with unruly residents and seeking emergency services for intoxicated students.

Overall this job was the best learning experience
Enjoyable place to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Newark, DEAugust 28, 2014
The ticket office was an enjoyable place to work due to the great co-workers and low stress work. Requirements including helping customers purchase and renew season tickets to athletic events, as well as working individual events.
Social Part-time Job
Bartender (Former Employee), Newark, DEAugust 23, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: disconnect between bartending staff and event coordinators
The school did a good job preparing all bartenders for the required work, management had good, quick communication and were very accommodating. The work environment was very relaxed.
Quite good
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Newark, DEAugust 22, 2014
It was a pretty good experience as an intern. The compensation was good and works are easy.
Fun academic and motivating place to work
Electrical Engineering Research Assistant (Current Employee), Newark, DEAugust 20, 2014
Pros: care for your personal life, family and professional success
You arrive at work with tasks to complete from previous day or weeks or months, a problem in mind to solve or learn more about. One learns quickly that it is better to work as part of a team than being alone all the time, but yet again you realize that there is some stuff left to you to figure out regardless of the team you have.

Coworkers relate with one another politely and respectfully offering help and engaging in intellectual dialogue at the slightest mention of a topical issue.

The institute creates time for fun, parties and picnics are organized religiously and taken very seriously. It is a family oriented place
Fun and fast-paced work environment
Intramural Referee (Former Employee), Newark, DEAugust 13, 2014
Set up/break down various equipment needed for sports (i.e. volleyball, soccer, football, basketball)
Referee/keep score for intramural sports for college recreational athletes
Great benefits, little opportunity for advancement
Technology Support Specialist (Current Employee), Newark, DEAugust 7, 2014
Pros: education and health benefits
Cons: unbalanced work distribution
The majority of my time is spent at the service desk helping students, faculty and staff use multimedia and productivity software. During this time as the service desk, I am also supervising the students who are on shift to ensure optimal customer service outcomes. When away from the service desk, I complete administrative tasks such as; write performance comments, process payroll, write/ respond to confidential emails, and work on focus-driven multimedia projects.

In this job, I have learned how to lead by example and developed my unique leadership style, which is a cross between democratic and laissez-faire leadership styles. I believe that an engaged employee should have the autonomy and freedom to be creative and share his/her point of view.

I work with an interesting group of people, all of which, have different perspectives and points of view. This mix gives me insight into the mindsets of a diverse population and has driven my decision making.

The hardest part of my job is managing service desk time with administrative tasks. I am a highly focused, organized and goal-oriented individual. Getting my work done in a timely and stress-free fashion is the greatest challenge at this job.

The most enjoyable part of my job helping people, whether student employees or the university community, achieve their goals.
Fun atmosphere where you can be a part of college athletics
Field Liaison - UD Football (Current Employee), Newark, DEJuly 31, 2014
Pros: watching and working in sports
Cons: does not pay particularly well
Helping the Media in any capacity during sporting events. The work is primarily during the games and requires employees to show up a few hours before the games start.
very organized company to work for
Security Officer (Former Employee), Newark, DEJuly 23, 2014
Pros: take classes for free
Cons: low paying salary
I really enjoyed working here because it had great benefits, well organized, and I got to take classes for free. We were held to the same standards as the police officers and i loved it. It made me feel more professional and made me feel like I was important.
University of Delaware, Technical Solution Center (TSC)
Computing Consultant (Former Employee), Newark DEJuly 22, 2014
• Troubleshooting and resolving student and faculty/staff IT problems
• Virus / Malware / Spyware cleaning and removal
• Operating system repair / restoration; Hardware diagnostic
• Removal of student copyright infractions
• Technical maintenance supervising and training of new employees; overseeing level-1 and level-2 technician work duties
Student based health center
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Newark, DEJuly 20, 2014
A rewarding job providing care care to University students in both inpatient and outpatient clinics. Applied skills in health promotion, flu shot clinics, and more. Worked with a variety of physicians and other ancillary staff.
Finance Professional
Asst. Director, Research Acctg (Former Employee), Newark, DE 19716July 15, 2014
Pros: work flexibility
Cons: pay structure
Working at the University consists of meeting multiple, conflicting deadlines, all with great significance. When beginning at the University I did so as a temporary employee and demonstrated that I would be an asset to the University and was shortly offered a permanent full-time position. Starting as an entry-level position I gained valuable knowledge that I retained and taught to others as I was recognized, and promoted over the years to a Senior level position. The work was challenging, but rewarding, and varied daily. The most enjoyable component of working at the University was being able to work with a diverse group of individuals.
Very Large
Lab Experimenter (Former Employee), Newark, DEJuly 14, 2014
Pros: very interesting
Cons: hours
a typical day at work was meeting with my group and discussing ways to improve our study and actually practice the study

I learned a lot about how people interact with each other

Management was typically done by the TA and the professor

My coworkers were students that i got along with

The hardest part of the job was how demanding the hours were

The most enjoyable part of the job was actually conducting the experiment
competitive
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Newark, DEJuly 8, 2014
An environment that allows for constant learning. Each lab is different so choosing the right lab for you is important. The people are easy to get along with and are willing to help out.
Good academic environment for research
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Newark, DEJuly 4, 2014
UDel is commited to providing their employees with endless opportunities in regards to great benefits, free education and other perks such as free gym membership among other things.

University of Delaware Salaries