University of Denver

University of Denver Employer Reviews

Amazing Leadership
Analyst (Current Employee), Denver CoJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: work-life balance
Amazing Leadership who's focus is to develop a team of top-performers.

Great environment focused on inclusive excellence. this school talks the talk and walks the walk.
Fast-paced and educational work environment
Strength and Conditioning Intern (Current Employee), Denver, COJanuary 6, 2015
The staff was extremely knowledgeable and passionate about training and educating their athletes as well as their interns. The hours were long and the days were taxing but rewarding, which made the days go by quickly.
Great flexibility
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Denver, CODecember 30, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: low pay
Great Staff, good working environment. Prepared and presented courses on natural resources management
A Great Private University
Grants Accountant and Project Administrator (Former Employee), Denver, CODecember 23, 2014
As with many universities, DU tends to have a decentralized structure and a culture of independence. At the divisional and departmental levels, the atmosphere is more relaxed and concerned with the students and their education. As you climb the ladder into the central offices, the culture is much more corporate - you start finding more rigid supervisory styles, dress codes, and the like. DU provides great benefits, including a decent amount of vacation time (though not as much as CU or Denver Public Schools). There are many great people who have been there for decades and make the university a great place to work.
Amazing atmosphere and great for full time students
Head Assistant (Former Employee), Denver, CODecember 7, 2014
Amazing opportunity to work and learn from such successful and accomplished people. They were great with letting me work around my school schedule and allowed me leeway when it came to study for finals.
A typical day would start after my classes were finished, I would help around the department with whatever needed to be done. When the professors had projects to be done or organized they would ask me to do them as well as help them with any grading that needed to be done.
I truly enjoyed and loved my two years there.
Love working on campus!
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Denver, COOctober 30, 2014
The University of Denver is a fun place to work...the students bring an energy that is contagious. DU is a diverse campus with a lot going on all the time and the people who work here are amazing.
Academic work place
Program Assistant (Current Employee), Denver, COSeptember 27, 2014
Hours are very sporadic and self assigned. Worked for a professor.
Great environment and staff! Wonderful office space
Study Abroad (Current Employee), Denver, COJuly 28, 2014
Relaxing physical space. Spacious offices.The office culture is laid back and cooperative. Students for the most part are great to work with and eager to go overseas. Challenges arise when expectations for what an international experience is versus what it is idealized to be do not match. Most of the job is expectation management.
Professional development in counseling and counseling psychology
Psychologist (Current Employee), Denver, COJune 6, 2014
Strong program committed to ethical development of professionals-in-training.
great experience with great management
Chaplain's Assistant/ Iliff Intern (Former Employee), Denver, COJune 3, 2014
Job was varied in responsibilities and allowed for a great amount of flexibility. Job allowed use of all of my talents and abilities as I ran groups and did outreach and put together worship services. I learned a lot about the politics of a large university as well as how to work with the students. Management was excellent to work with and I utilized them well.
The hardest part of this job was trying to balance my time with another job and school. The best part of this job was sharing my faith with others.
Fun place to work
Web Services Manager (Former Employee), Denver, COMay 26, 2014
Pros: fun, i was able to workout at work, great co-workers
Cons: lots of long hours
I worked in the Department of Recreation so everyone was energetic and fun. I was a member of the marketing team and worked primarily on our web preseance and did some tech support for my department. I also wrote 2 monthly newsletters, 1 for the Division of Athletics staff and 1 for all the Department of Recreation program customers.
Good job for students
Student Assistant (Current Employee), Denver, COMay 7, 2014
Through this job I have learned how to use the program SPSS and gained a deeper knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
University of Denver (DU)
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Denver, COMarch 27, 2014
DU have very good professors. They are knowledgable and professional.
Great people, salary leaves something to be desired.
Administrative Director (Current Employee), Denver, COJanuary 28, 2014
I have worked at DU for 4 years and have advanced through 4 positions during that time. The department I'm in is very supportive and open to new ideas.
GTA
Head Technology Coach (GTA) (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 28, 2014
Head Technology Coach, Daniels College of Business (GTA)

Assisted undergraduate students with their queries on Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Visio and Word.
Assisted undergraduate professors in accounting classes
Challenging, productive and enjoyable
Thesis Researcher (Current Employee), Denver, COJanuary 25, 2014
As a private thesis researcher I was able to work on my project with the help of the University and was offered support and resources necessary to complete my work.
Excellent place to learn cutting edge technology
Hardware Technician / Fiber Optic Engineer (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: great environment for new projects and learning
Cons: payscale could've been higher
Meeting with Supervisor in the morning to discuss projects and status of existing projects. Travel the campus to check on projects and complete installations or assist co-workers with problem resolution.

I learned everything about the first computers and software during the late 80's when MSDOS, Windows and the "internet" were just starting to become standards for the world.

Management was efficient and worked as a team to acheive successful completion of projects.

I had a great relationships with all of my co-workers and we werea great team.

The hardest part of the job was meeting critcial deadlines when equipment would fail and we had to obtain different solutions quickly to avoid loss of income to the University.

I believe learning all the latest programs and launching projects were the best aspects of this job.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Current Employee), Denver, CONovember 23, 2013
write papers and proposals
do project
learn some technology about smart grid and microgrids
Great benefits, with all the problems of private education institutions
Campus Safety Officer (Former Employee), Denver, COAugust 30, 2013
Pros: 200% retirement match
Cons: the intentional lack of attention to the safety of the campus
The work environment was good, and the retirement benefits were great. However, I continually an into difficulties when I attempted to offer improvements to the safety of the campus. The week before the Virginia Tech shootings, I had prepared a brief for the administration highlighting the vulnerabilities of the DU campus for just such an attack. The administration told me I was being alarmist and stated that large universities were not likely targets for such violence. After the shooting, they buried the brief, never to see the light of day again.

I became aware that they feel that their Department of Campus Safety only existed for insurance reasons. They wanted us to be seen and not heard. I caught a serial sex assault suspect, and was admonished for doing so. They stated that now they would have to report the arrest on the Clery Report. They artificially keep their crime statistics low by not taking actions to address the crime on campus. This is done purely for marketing reasons

As an example, there is a large problem with alcohol abuse and alcohol related crime on the campus. We had proposed that we hire off duty Denver Officers to perform DUI patrols on the campus. The response from the administration was that not only would they not bring in the Denver Officers, but they were baring their own officers from enforcing alcohol related offenses as well. Don't get me wrong, the men and women in the Department of Campus Safety are good people ad do what they can within their restraints. This is an organizational issue from the administration of the university itself.

All an all, it was not worth the good retirement.
Appealing aspects of work / life balance, lacking options in benefits and advancement
Information Technology Coordinator (Current Employee), Denver, COJuly 25, 2013
Pros: parental leave, beautiful campus, education benefits
Cons: limited options in healthcare, limited options in advancement
One of the most enjoyable aspects of my job is working with many different technologies that are always changing and evolving. The challenges of new technologies are what continue to keep my interest in the technology industry. I also enjoy interactions with different departments on campus and the many different companies that I work with outside of the university.

I gained extensive knowledge of the security industry, especially in the areas of digital video recording, fire and security alarms and law enforcement related software solutions.

One of the continuing challenges is helping non-technical management understand the complexities and value of technology.