University of Denver

University of Denver Employer Reviews

great experience with great management
Chaplain's Assistant/ Iliff Intern (Former Employee), Denver, COJune 3, 2014
Job was varied in responsibilities and allowed for a great amount of flexibility. Job allowed use of all of my talents and abilities as I ran groups and did outreach and put together worship services. I learned a lot about the politics of a large university as well as how to work with the students. Management was excellent to work with and I utilized – more... them well.
The hardest part of this job was trying to balance my time with another job and school. The best part of this job was sharing my faith with others. – less
Fun place to work
Web Services Manager (Former Employee), Denver, COMay 26, 2014
Pros: fun, i was able to workout at work, great co-workers
Cons: lots of long hours
I worked in the Department of Recreation so everyone was energetic and fun. I was a member of the marketing team and worked primarily on our web preseance and did some tech support for my department. I also wrote 2 monthly newsletters, 1 for the Division of Athletics staff and 1 for all the Department of Recreation program customers.
Good job for students
Student Assistant (Current Employee), Denver, COMay 7, 2014
Through this job I have learned how to use the program SPSS and gained a deeper knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
University of Denver (DU)
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Denver, COMarch 27, 2014
DU have very good professors. They are knowledgable and professional.
Great people, salary leaves something to be desired.
Administrative Director (Current Employee), Denver, COJanuary 28, 2014
I have worked at DU for 4 years and have advanced through 4 positions during that time. The department I'm in is very supportive and open to new ideas.
GTA
Head Technology Coach (GTA) (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 28, 2014
Head Technology Coach, Daniels College of Business (GTA)

Assisted undergraduate students with their queries on Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Visio and Word.
Assisted undergraduate professors in accounting classes
Challenging, productive and enjoyable
Thesis Researcher (Current Employee), Denver, COJanuary 25, 2014
As a private thesis researcher I was able to work on my project with the help of the University and was offered support and resources necessary to complete my work.
Excellent place to learn cutting edge technology
Hardware Technician / Fiber Optic Engineer (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: great environment for new projects and learning
Cons: payscale could've been higher
Meeting with Supervisor in the morning to discuss projects and status of existing projects. Travel the campus to check on projects and complete installations or assist co-workers with problem resolution.

I learned everything about the first computers and software during the late 80's when MSDOS, Windows and the "internet" were just starting to become – more... standards for the world.

Management was efficient and worked as a team to acheive successful completion of projects.

I had a great relationships with all of my co-workers and we werea great team.

The hardest part of the job was meeting critcial deadlines when equipment would fail and we had to obtain different solutions quickly to avoid loss of income to the University.

I believe learning all the latest programs and launching projects were the best aspects of this job. – less
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Current Employee), Denver, CONovember 23, 2013
write papers and proposals
do project
learn some technology about smart grid and microgrids
Great benefits, with all the problems of private education institutions
Campus Safety Officer (Former Employee), Denver, COAugust 30, 2013
Pros: 200% retirement match
Cons: the intentional lack of attention to the safety of the campus
The work environment was good, and the retirement benefits were great. However, I continually an into difficulties when I attempted to offer improvements to the safety of the campus. The week before the Virginia Tech shootings, I had prepared a brief for the administration highlighting the vulnerabilities of the DU campus for just such an attack. The – more... administration told me I was being alarmist and stated that large universities were not likely targets for such violence. After the shooting, they buried the brief, never to see the light of day again.

I became aware that they feel that their Department of Campus Safety only existed for insurance reasons. They wanted us to be seen and not heard. I caught a serial sex assault suspect, and was admonished for doing so. They stated that now they would have to report the arrest on the Clery Report. They artificially keep their crime statistics low by not taking actions to address the crime on campus. This is done purely for marketing reasons

As an example, there is a large problem with alcohol abuse and alcohol related crime on the campus. We had proposed that we hire off duty Denver Officers to perform DUI patrols on the campus. The response from the administration was that not only would they not bring in the Denver Officers, but they were baring their own officers from enforcing alcohol related offenses as well. Don't get me wrong, the men and women in the Department of Campus Safety are good people ad do what they can within their restraints. This is an organizational issue from the administration of the university itself.

All an all, it was not worth the good retirement. – less
Appealing aspects of work / life balance, lacking options in benefits and advancement
Information Technology Coordinator (Current Employee), Denver, COJuly 25, 2013
Pros: parental leave, beautiful campus, education benefits
Cons: limited options in healthcare, limited options in advancement
One of the most enjoyable aspects of my job is working with many different technologies that are always changing and evolving. The challenges of new technologies are what continue to keep my interest in the technology industry. I also enjoy interactions with different departments on campus and the many different companies that I work with outside of – more... the university.

I gained extensive knowledge of the security industry, especially in the areas of digital video recording, fire and security alarms and law enforcement related software solutions.

One of the continuing challenges is helping non-technical management understand the complexities and value of technology. – less
Chemistry graduate research assistant
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Denver, COJune 24, 2013
Pros: flexible hours as a graduate student
Cons: not real employment
This review is not typical for employment at DU. I worked as a graduate research assistant during my master's education. I had a very positive experience during my time there.
Publish or perish, and I published.
Professor Emerita (Former Employee), Denver, COJune 5, 2013
Pros: invited speaker from oxford to algiers to istanbul to cali.
Cons: no pension from private university.
I taught a 2-2-1 load across a university trimester for 15 years, reduced the years I served as Director of Graduate Studies. The extracurricular demands were the hardest part of my job; my exchanges with students, both at the undergraduate and graduate level, the most enjoyable.
School Environment
Tutor (Former Employee), campus buildingMarch 17, 2013
Overall the environment was a great, clean, professional one. This was a position for tutoring students in computer science courses. The supervisors and advisors were all very professional and delightful to work with.
Purchasing Assistant
Purchasing Assistant (Former Employee), Denver, COMarch 12, 2013
Worked for the University Purchasing Department for approx 6 years, starting from a basic learning of Purchasing to a Purchasing Assistant. Earned a Certificate in Purchasing Management while employeed at the University,
Law school clinic
Student Attorney (Former Employee), Denver, COMarch 1, 2013
Earn credits while advocating for those most in need! It was an incredible experience and I wish I could do it all again!
college job
Operations Manager, Operations Staff (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 17, 2013
Pros: co-workers
Cons: schedule
There was never a typical day. I learned to work with people of all different backgrounds and language skills. Management was okay not always the best at communicating but we did what we could. My co-workers were great a lot of fun we threw some great parties. the hardest part of never knowing what the day was going to lead to. The most enjoyable was – more... the ways we found to entertain ourselves. – less
Professional workplace with fun atmosphere and passionate individuals
Ritchie Center Events Intern (Current Employee), Denver, CODecember 4, 2012
-Set-up for Ritchie Center Events
-Manage athletic events
-Strong management
-Co-workers are professional and passionate
-Long hours
-Sports and athletics are my passion
-My experience within the University of Denver Athletic Department has taught me valuable skills in order to succeed in the Sports Management field.
University of Denver, DRI, Department of Justice/ National Institute of Justice / NLECTC, Denver, CO
Department of Justice- University of Denver (Former Employee), Denver, COAugust 30, 2012
Senior National Program Manager and Principle Investigator of Public Safety Communications Technology
• Providing technical and information support to federal, state and local agencies
Fun environment where much time is invested to develop employees.
Lead Research Assistant (Former Employee), Denver, COAugust 9, 2012
Pros: investment in employee developement
DU has high expectations, however, support is offered to reach such expectations. Great management and great employees.