University of Denver Employee Reviews

University of Denver
Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 18, 2017
There is a definite disparity in how DU pays one person to the next (I believe there is a large, high profile and on-going law suit against DU on this matter) There has also recently been a very large shift in senior and executive level management and as a result, the stable, friendly culture that once existed there has become much more mechanical in nature. Not nearly as a coveted of a place to work as it once was.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Equal pay for fair work seems to elude most of the institution
like working for the government, but less efficient
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 12, 2017
DU is not centralized, every department functions independently and communication is nil. Creates frustration. People either reach out and establish cross-department protocols, give up and do the best they can, or get frustrated and give up and move on. Annual reviews are token. Prove you went above and beyond your job duties to get a 2% raise they call "merit". Authoritarian management style, generally. Nice campus, great 401k double matching, double vacation time after 7 years.
Pros
double 401k matching
Cons
diversity training ad nauseum
Challenging and educational position.
Adjunct Faculty of the University College (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 21, 2017
An enjoyable opportunity to continue my personal educational growth and share business experiences with students. Always challenged to maintain a complete curriculum and student interest.
University environment
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 16, 2017
Worth the hard work as a research assistant! I love my research team and my supervisor has been absolutely wonderful! It's been a lot of work to add in addition to my graduate studies, but it's a wonderful campus with lovely people!
a fun place to work
Visiting Professor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 9, 2017
I would spend most of my time working with students. I enjoyed the interaction with students quite a bit. The overall management structure at DU is very disjointed making it very difficult to follow through with projects or initiatives. The overall administration seems to believe they are doing most everything thing well which makes it difficult to institute new and often times efficient processes.
Pros
students
Cons
disjointed management structure
Its a productive workplace and fun.
Colorado - Spanish Adjunct (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 30, 2017
I go to my office and prepare the lessons I will be teaching. Have meetings with my co-workers. My work place is very pleasant. The hardest part of my job is when student complain but really is not hard.
The most enjoyable part of my job is to see that my students will accomplish their goals and they can be able to put into practice what I have taught them.
Love it.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 8, 2017
Everyone is super nice, and very fun to work with. While working here, I got to help a lot of other students and made a lot of friends. As a research assistant, I worked on very challenging projects that made me scratch my head, but the sense of satisfaction after conquering them is beyond words.
Pros
Nice people, and challenging work
Cons
I worked part time, so pay is not very impressive
Great Campus
Senior Financial Aid Advisor & Loan Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 8, 2017
Loved working for DU. My goal was to earn an MBA while working there. Unfortunately, the rules for attending graduate school changed along with management, and I decided to leave DU and enroll into their MBA program.
Pros
Beautiful Campus
Cons
Low Wages
faculty member
Postdoctoral fellow (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 6, 2017
I like to work as a faculty member to develop my self more. I can teach any graduate and under graduate courses. I worked in University of Denver as postdoc for almost one year.
Beautiful campus with lots of great benefits, but lacking in values
Archival Processor IV (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 19, 2016
Benefits: great tuition policy, engaging environment, company sponsored EcoPass, genuine and caring colleagues

Drawbacks: low pay, staff not valued by administration, disconnect between job couture and stated values, lack of transparency, no valid/trustworthy grievance process, no system to "check" those in power
Good job
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 13, 2016
Tedious and time consuming work, but not extremely difficult. Job experience is highly dependent on the organization and enthusiasm of the professor.
It is a good place to work
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 23, 2016
It was a good experience, I learned a lot about over all maintenance. But I want to go back to what I have done most of my life, drywall and painting.
University College offers many opportunities for working adults to achieve persona land professional balance
Adjunct Graduate School Faculty (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 18, 2016
Excellent opportunities for those seeking life balance of personal and professional life. Adjunct facilitators bring the classroom alive with hands on business discussion and experiential learning.
Great University
Full-Time Student (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 12, 2016
This is a great place to be and a great place to learn I enjoyed all of my time at the university of Denver and would recommend it to anyone. The campus is beautiful and the staff and faculty are all professional
Education is Expensive, but a Great Program
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 18, 2016
UD is a private institution, with tuition currently around $55,000/year. As a graduate student, I received a stipend, but otherwise this would have been too expensive. The smaller chemistry department allows for great hands on access to instrumentation and one-on-one instruction.
Pros
Small class size; great faculty
Cons
Very expensive
Event Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 12, 2016
Great place to work, room for advancement, low pay, University of Denver is definitely a place where I love to work but I would be happier if they offered more for the job I am doing especially when the city average is around 50,000.
Sadly the LEP does not live up the hype
Academic Counselor (Former Employee) –  LEPJune 21, 2016
Working in the LEP at DU is dissapointing. They boast about what an amazing program they are yet, management could not tell you why they are great. In fact management has spent the past year having the employess write a manual about what makes them great.

There are very few staff that have knowledge and background in this field. You create your own job with no support.
Pros
Tuition waver
Cons
poor management, horrible parking
Great Local School.
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 4, 2016
DU provides great benefits to its graduate students. Tuition, health insurance, and a stipend are provide for Graduate Teaching and Research Assistants.
Great temporary position
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 1, 2016
I substituted for a professor who was on sabbatical. Overall it was a pleasant experience, nice people who were willing to work with my on schedule.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Temporary
Quality location to work. Modern facilities, commitment to excellence and friendly atmosphere. Located in residential area near downtown Denver.
Director of Basketball Operations (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 11, 2016
Enjoyable location to work. Friendly employees, vibrant student body and quality environment to learn, excel and improve.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Denver. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2