University of Detroit Mercy Employee Reviews

good
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 15, 2017
great place to work and chance to keep learning through contact wirh risidents and faculties. opportunity to attend CE courses on low rate and great exposure to general and specialized dentistry.
student life
PA Student (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 6, 2017
I was a student in UDM and really loved this place. Great parking, fantastic teachers, cozy campus. Fast access to highway.
Quality of education is worth the money.
Time off
Dispensing Technician (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 28, 2017
The type day is M-F 8-5:30. I've learned the management does not offer enough training you have to figure things out on your own. The workplace culture can seem very uptight. The hardest part about the job is the poor attitudes of different individuals. This place offer good time off but no room for advancement. Pay scale is too low for amount of responsibilities.
Pros
Paid time off. Pay is very low
Cons
No room for advancement
Great place to work.
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 17, 2017
Great place to work. Friendly supervisors, friendly staff. Diverse student population. University is safe and clean, and worth it to go to school or work there.
PA student
Physician Assistant Internship (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 15, 2017
As a PA student there's a lot of information to take in and some difficulties maintaining balance with everyday life. UDM is the best school and I would recommend to anyone interested in PA school.
Very demanding
Associate Professor (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 23, 2017
Although my colleagues were great, University of Detroit Mercy is a very demanding place to work. The administration believes that there isn't much to life outside of work.
Good Staff
Assistant Coach (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 17, 2017
Great place to work with great people! The facilities are not up to date but they are trying to change that. The people are what makes this place a fun atmosphere to work at
Attended as a student
Health Information Management student (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 10, 2017
I recived both Bachelors degrees from University of Detroit Mercy. Both were good programs that I would recommend to anyone who would like a career in either field.
A good place to start when you are a student , learn hands on experience with various instruments.Give a
Research and Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MichiganFebruary 26, 2017
A good place to start when you are a student , learn hands on experience with various instruments and get to know the team well.
This is a wonderful place to work .
Library Assistant (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 5, 2017
Great place to work. I really enjoy working with the staff and helping people. My typical day includes helping students getting information that helps them with their classes. I also help faculty with their research and preparation of the classes.
A very colorful place a work and a good place to learn useful skills
Student Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 23, 2017
The workplace culture at such a small school like UDM means that everyone is your neighbor and everyone knows your name for the most part. Your co-workers become your friends and family. My typical work day as a Student Library Assistant was spent either assisting our patrons with finding and checking out books or troubleshooting any computer problems they might run into, making signs for various library events, completing search requests for our lost items or assisting with Interlibrary Loans or the Cataloging department with sending out and receiving books. The best part of my position was probably the opportunity to gain several different mentors with different responsibilities throughout our library and gaining an abundance of perspectives from our clientele.
Pros
Close-knit, friendly working environment, Willing to work with alternative schedules
Cons
Based on University enrollment, Not much room for upward mobility in the workplace
Teaching Assistant
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 10, 2017
Fun way to work in the lab and help the professor run their chemistry lab. Keep everyone safe by following safety guidelines. Make stock solutions for experiments
Flexible and friendly environment
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 26, 2016
The faculty are very easy-going, helpful and flexible with work schedules and meeting times. They are passionate with what they do, so if you have any question or concern, they are willing to help.
Pros
Friendly faculty
Productive workplace
Teacher's Assistant/ Lab Assitant (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 26, 2016
- Lab safety protocol.
- Performed Inventory of all Lab Chemicals.
- Assisted Students with Assignments, Tutoring, Instructions, and
project assistance.
Behind The Times
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 31, 2016
This is a University stuck behind the modern times. Although there are small attempts to modernize, the Jesuits are struggling to bring this univeristy into a competitive, modern, higher learning institution.
Pros
Jesuit Education
Cons
High Price, Elderly faculty
Great experience for the college student
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 26, 2016
Being a T.A. helps you develop a mentor student type relationship that is applicable to life. Helps you in a professional setting as well as a community personable setting.
The Best Family Nurse Practtioner Program
Family Nurse Practitioner student (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 20, 2016
Excellent university, probably the best one in Michigan. Teachers are very through in the subject.I learned almost everything I can learn as a family Nurse Practitioner. I enjoyed each part of my program, The grading in the exams were the hardest part. In fact that made me a perfect Nurse Practitioner.
Fun to work with students
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 23, 2016
Few faculty do not work and skip days of work, ending I am covering for them. Whenever, you complain, No respond, they do not care as long as there is someone does the work for the rest.
Pros
develop teaching experience
Cons
low pay, unfair work distribution
TA at Detroit Mercy
Teaching assistant (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 20, 2016
Awesome school worked as a TA and got my master degree there.
I had very important classes helped me through my work experince
Pros
free lunch
Cons
break
Productive and customer centric employeer.
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 10, 2016
The usually agreeable part of the job of a was the experience of an authentic teacher and student relationship towards improving the educational intent of the student. Our development as teachers depends on our willingness to take risks and regularly ask ourselves, which of our own behaviors are helping or hindering our personal and professional growth. If we could allow ourselves to become students of our own extraordinary self-education, we would be very well placed to facilitate the self-education of others. Unfortunately, teacher education does not always highlight the connection between a teacher’s self- awareness and his or her ability to build and maintain meaningful relationships with youth with emotional and behavioral disabilities. Although teachers need to learn how to recognize signs of emotional distress in their students, it is equally important to acknowledge that teachers’ own personalities, learned prejudices, and individual psychological histories have helped shape their attitudes and responses to certain behaviors.