UNIVERSITY OF EVANSVILLE Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Productive and welcmoming environment
Tutor, School of Business (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJune 8, 2017
People are friendly, welcoming, willing to help and to coach you when needed. numerous opportunities to get involved in different activities in the community.
Academic setting with definite perference for the male gender, good benefits
Associate Professor of Physical Therapy (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJune 7, 2017
A typical day included teaching in both lecture and lab formats, committee meetings, class preparation, grading, advising students. I learned how to teach in an organized fashion, patience, how to transfer classroom teaching to patient teaching. My direct supervisor was excellent and supportive. She is no longer with the department but has a higher administrative position at the University. The workplace culture was unbalanced, with preference in advancement and salary weighted toward men. The hardest part of the job was balancing its demands with family life. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with students in their development toward becoming physical therapists and physical therapist assistants.
Inclusive environment to work in
academic coach (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INApril 26, 2017
I am a student employee at the university so my experience is slightly different than anyone else's say working in administration. But the college is small yet inclusive and filled with very friendly people who are enjoyable to work with.
The perfect team and the perfect job.
Assistant Professor of Physical Therapy (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 25, 2017
A passionate and creative team that is supportive, selfless, driven toward transformative industry change, and dedicated to excellence. This is my dream job in every way.
Pros
Best team I have ever had the pleasure to work with.
Cons
Not enough hours in the day.
Wonderful environment for work/study combination
Admissions Office Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INSeptember 16, 2016
Typical day may include data entry of prospective students, filing test scores or applications, preparing mailings, and other odd jobs deemed necessary by employer. The people are warm and friendly, promoting a positive, relaxed work environment which makes the job very enjoyable and I look forward to working every day!
Pros
Great work environement, good work and study balance, friendly people, flexible hours
Cons
Office temperature is cold
University Life
Desk Worker (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJanuary 16, 2016
Great university, valued education and teaching students about high-minded subjects, wish I could be in college forever, minus the homework.
Incredible resources and a supportive environment
Undergraduate Researcher (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INNovember 20, 2015
A typical day consisted of lab work, project evaluations, and literature review. I learned instrumental skills as an undergrad with instruments not generally available at undergraduate institutions. In addition, working with expensive instrumentation taught me confidence and respect for laboratory procedures. Management was supportive. The hardest part of the job was overcoming daily obstacles, like instrument break-downs. The most enjoyable part of the job was the freedom to explore ideas and determine where the research project was going.
Good opportunity for work during college
Resident Assistant Program (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJanuary 2, 2014
I enjoyed working for the college while I was in school. I have nothing bad to say about them.
A wonderful place to work
Secretary's or Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INSeptember 18, 2013
As an undergraduate student at UE, I held multiple work study positions, depending on what was available to me at the time, and I was only allowed to work part-time for each position because of my heavy course load. Between my classes, I would spend a few hours at a time at work, either performing clerical duties, tutoring, or overseeing lab activities. I thoroughly enjoyed all of the jobs I worked at UE because of the wonderful management, the flexible hours, and friendly co-workers.
Execellent for a student
Resident Students Association Treasurer (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMay 6, 2013
Great job for a student to have but you have to be elected to it. I gained leadership experience and had a fun time doing so all while getting paid
Pros
Leadership experience, fun work environment
Cons
Little pay, not much advancement opportunity, few hours
Job security
Safety and Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 13, 2013
On a typical day of work we patrol the campus answering any calls we may get emergency and nonemergency. While patrolling we make sure that the students and campus are safe and secure and question anyone who looks as though they may not belong. We are also in charge of locking and unlocking all of the campus buildings on a daily basis. In general all the co-workers and managers get along well, which makes for a easier and more laid back work environment.
Pros
the ability to patrol and stop people at your own discretion
Cons
healthcare, hourly rate is not very competitive, hardly any room for advancment
productive and fun workplace
Undergraduate Assistant Soccer Coach (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INDecember 31, 2012
learned how to manage a DI soccer program from planning soccer practice to keeping high academic standards
Pros
gained coaching experience from a di soccer program
refer to resume
Assistant Coach Boys and Girls Swim Team (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INDecember 9, 2012
typical: nothing, i was the director
learned: do not slack up when the job gets easy
management: she was a nice professor and very stern
co-workers: so much fun
hardest part: leaving
enjoyed: learning management skills early in my career
Pros
all good
Cons
leaving
Student System Analyst - Intern (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INOctober 15, 2012
I am working as part time system analyst.
Very nice and friendly co-workers and manager.
Learning datatel was bit difficult initially, but now it is fun to work on datatel.
Great place to go to school and to work
Supplemental Instructor (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INAugust 31, 2012
I worked as a tutor during my senior year for students in lower levels of French. As I am considering teaching French at the collegiate level later on in life, this helped me become more confident in explaining common problems beginning French students often have.
Pros
helping others, flexible hours
Cons
not much work
very fun and productive job
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMay 16, 2012
Got along with students, staff and other co-workers, I was always on time, and very dependable. but the hrs got cut due to some set backs in finances in our department
benefits
Cons
short breaks
Adjunct Instructor, Center for Adult Education (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INApril 4, 2012
Although only an adjunct instructor, I feel my opinion and views are always respected and I get the support of a full time faculty member. Pay is decent and the opportunity to help non traditional students meet their life-long goal of completing a degree is an added bonus!
Pros
convenient, easy to work with
Cons
part time opportunities only