University of Findlay Employee Reviews

job responsibilities
Housekeeping/Physical Plant (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OH 45840November 7, 2017
I was responsible to make sure my buildings were clean to the standards of the school, I also had to shovel the sidewalks when it snowed. We were required to fill in for other housekeepers when they were out for the day.
Old and stodgy institution
Title Vice President for Business Affairs (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHAugust 16, 2017
The institution is stuck in the "we have always done it this way" culture. Very change adverse. Management doesn't support new ideas. It was fine for a few months after that it became apparent it was the wrong place for me.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Change adverse
Great benefits.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHJune 14, 2017
I worked here for a free education for my kids and myself. It was hard work but made some good relationships there. There are many good benefits available to university employees.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
Low pay.
Great work environment and learning experience
Assistant Coach (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHJune 9, 2017
I had a great time as a graduate assistant coach at the University of Findlay. I learned how to conform my teaching style to best fit particular individuals. I helped the school produce 6 NCAA all-american and many more national qualifier. While coaching I also developed a skill in knowing how to motivate different types of people by finding out what "makes them tick". I worked with a great team of coaches who taught me the ins and outs of recruiting and event planing.
Environmental Safety
HSE Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHMay 9, 2017
High respect for the environment and safety of the public. Protecting the air, water and land with experiments and data that help resolves the toxic and contamination created by consumers. Its exciting to be a part of that.
Pros
Concerns
Cons
Weather
Pleasant atmosphere
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Findlay, OHApril 24, 2017
The students provide an energy you don't have within corporate businesses - their desire for new knowledge is inspiring. The campus is highly attractive and ever-growing.
Pros
fringe benefits
Cons
compensation
A good workplace with flexible hours.
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHFebruary 7, 2017
A typical day at work would start with checking trash cans and patrolling the pool deck for anything that is not supposed to be there. Then another lifeguard and I would take 30 minute shifts on the stand.
Work Life Balance
Assistant Coach (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHFebruary 2, 2017
Have flexibility and freedom with schedule for the most part. Supervisors are generally lenient. Outside of track season, my days and weeks are normally filled with personal rime.
Fun Place
Student Consultant (Current Employee) –  Findlay, OHOctober 22, 2016
Fun place to work as a student for part time basis as it provides some money to survive. Good opportunity for the students.
Fun and energetic, satisfying
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHJuly 15, 2016
relaxed and satisfying. Cultivating Organic crops brought me close to the nature. Distributing it to the University staff and students gave me the experience in management
Pros
free lunches
Cons
n/a
Wonderful coworkers and students
Speech Lab Director (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHJune 24, 2016
Diverse student population provides multiple learning experiences on many levels. Advancement opportunities are presented and the environment is positive.
Pros
Student Interaction
Great environment with engaging bosses and co-workers.
Resident Director for Office of Student Affairs (Current Employee) –  Findlay, OHApril 17, 2016
The workday is not overwhelming yet there is plenty to do, co-workers are very friendly and helpful. Bosses are knowledgeable and understanding.
Fun and Family Oriented
Youth Basketball Coach and Mentor (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHFebruary 23, 2016
University of Findlay is a fun and caring organization that allows people to work without stressing as well as helping others in the process.
N/a
University of Findlay Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Findlay, OHJanuary 27, 2016
Excellent staff and comfortable work environment. Flexible hours to allow me to continue and be successful in my studies. Most enjoyable part of the job is being close to my living quarters.
Pretty good
Security (Former Employee) –  OhioApril 15, 2014
I interned in a job at this university, schedule wise they were very lenient, in my case was even allowed to pick my own hours which was GREAT. Work environment I didn't mind too much(although sometimes I will admit other faculty can come off quite rude and unprofessional). The only down side was the pay but then again I was an intern so I guess that should be expected anyway.

P.S. to the comments below me decrying racism. Really get over yourself. I somehow doubt that was true and it even seems like it could be the same individual doing it. Just seem to be looking for trouble to be honest.
Pros
Flexiable schedule, nice small university, tolerable work environment
Cons
pay(although was an intern in this case)
Stay away!
Assistant Professor, Reading (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHNovember 14, 2013
I couldn't believe how unprofessional this university is. I felt like I was back in junior high. Plus, it is the most racist place I have had experienced.
Pros
None.
Cons
If you are a white, straight and conservative you will love this palce. Others beware!
Great balance of education and work
Senior Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Biology DeartmentSeptember 25, 2013
Great balance of education and work. Exceedingly well instructed. Professors take their time with students
Pros
Mentoring
Cons
No job placement
It was an extended class experience that enhanced my knowledge in the field of International Business and Marketing
GRA/GA, ISAP Assistant Coordintor (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHSeptember 27, 2012
Class Preparations
Full office job duties
Handled logistics for India Study Abroad Program (ISAP) & India USA Global Business Planning & Networking Strategy Conference
Correspondence with students
Maintain course websites
Recording of finances India Study Abroad Program (ISAP) & India USA Global Business Planning & Networking Strategy Conference
Government document collection India Study Abroad Program (ISAP) & India USA Global Business Planning & Networking Strategy Conference
English/Hindi translation during trip to India
unfair treatment of employees
Administrative Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHSeptember 13, 2012
The University of Findlay is a place that you dont want to work at. This University do not treat black people/ African Americans fairly. Since I attended this University I seen a hand full of black people get fired, and there was no reason.
Cons
everything