University of Florida Employee Reviews

Fun place to work for
Medical Assistant/Referral Coordinator/CSR (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 18, 2016
at work by 8am, I get clocked in and start working on my referrals and messages. If by chance the MA in the back need help with a lab draw or an injection I will help her while she rooms her patient.I would then come back to my desk and continue my referrals and messages. I will help the CSR if she need help checking in a patient or taking a chart back to MA. There is no hard part about my job, we are for the most part one big huge happy family. I really enjoy my job and very happy with my job. Of course patients are and always will be our number one priority and we do give the the best that we have.
Pros
my job is very flexible.
Cons
Great opportunity if you are interested in working in the pharmacy field.
Pharmacy Adherence Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 27, 2016
Overall, this company is very reputable to work for. Great for anyone interested in a pharmacy related field. Hours were flexible, and pay was based on previous experience. Overtime was available most of the time. However, the position was temporary and considered OPS. Only members of faculty had a permanent position. Also, there is hardly room for advancement. And dismissal is given at any given time.
Neutral
Referral Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 19, 2016
VERy good company to work for, excellent benefits. I enjoyed working with my providers on a daily bases. Co workers worked well as a team. Have several mangers, some were very good leaders and some had no leadership capabilities. Loved working with the patients, our providers were on target.
Pros
providers
Cons
some managers did not have leadership capabilites
Event Planning Director
Director of Special Events (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 25, 2016
I coordinated,planned and organized all special events to raise funds for breast cancer. Recruited and trained all volunteers for special events. Planned and organized all executive board meetings and events and art shows. Was responsible for obtaining auction items for all special events. Coordinated media outreach and imitative promotions.
Pros
Planning special events to raise funds for cancer patients.
Cons
Long days and nights
Fantastic Learning Environment
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 6, 2016
The University of Florida School of Music provided a great environment for their students' learning and growth as musicians. Students were often encouraged to explore a broader range of options regarding their individual musical and artistic talents. Graduate students had myriad opportunities for growth both academically, and as teachers.
Resident Assistant position at The University of Florida
Resident Assistant (RA) (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 17, 2016
As a resident assistant I didn't have many set hours. I worked an average of 20 hours per week. My responsibilities included coordinating programs, individually and with my staff, planning monthly socials for community building, and mediating roommate conflict. I would be On Call on average about twice a month and I also worked at the Yulee Area desk for 4 hours per week. I learned a lot about working with other people. I believe that the hardest part of the job was helping my residents that has anxiety, depression and other mental health issues. The most rewarding part of my job was being able to help people everyday. I loved being there for my residents
Pros
Free meal swipes, flexible schedule, great coworkers
Cons
N/A
Top notch faculty and flexible schedule and projects
POST DOCTORAL ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 12, 2016
Enjoyed my time at UF- Go Gators!

Hardest part of the job was acquiring funding, high stress, and competition. Never felt like I could relax.

Best part of the job was the training. Always learning something new. Exciting research. Excellent facilities. Knowledgeable faculty and staff. My service contributed to humanity and society.
Pros
Flexible schedule and exciting projects
Cons
High stress environment
Fun place to work
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLApril 28, 2016
I love it however I am relocating. I have worked here for over 10 years they have great benefits. The University of Florida is a comprehensive learning institution built on a land-grant foundation. We are The Gator Nation, a diverse community dedicated to excellence in education and research and shaping a better future for Florida, the nation and the world.

Our mission is to enable our students to lead and influence the next generation and beyond for economic, cultural and societal benefit.
Florida Agriculture and Information Retrieval System
Database Coordinator FAIRS (Former Employee) –  Gainesville FLMay 26, 2016
Database Manager for collection and delivery of extensive library of Agricultural Information to Florida County Extension offices and Agricultural Research Centers. System software was custom and delivered the information (textual as well as images) daily in a period of time prior to "Web".
Referral Coordinator and Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 12, 2016
I have enjoyed my years of employment with UF Health. I am currently looking for a change and opportunity for growth/advancement. Benefits are great with PTO and paid holidays.
Pros
Annual Increases
Cons
not enough positions/staff - increased work load
Effective lessons
Lead Referral Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 19, 2016
Typical work day would be peaking to patient's and insurance companies as well as the physician
Every insurance company has their policies and procedures for approvals
Management had a great character
Staff were really caring
Having to not have an answer for a patient at that moment
Keeping constantly busy
Great place to work, Top Graduate Facility, Most award winning place of employment, Great activites
Custodial Worker (Former Employee) –  GainesviileJuly 15, 2016
I enjoyed my time at UF. The environment was great. The most fun on any job, I every had. The student life was very pleasing. The flexible holiday schedule was the best.
Pros
Best diverse culture
Cons
NA
Great Benefits, Horrible Pay, Horrible Management
IT Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLApril 6, 2016
I have worked here for the past 10 almost 11 years. In that time frame I have had management change hands 5 or 6 times and in each case that has brought new problems. I am unable to grow in the current job I am in because I am here by myself while my boss is on ADA and FMLA leave. He has been out for the past 2 years so all of the groundwork and dealing with people face to face has been up to me. I don't have enough time in a day to deal with everything that comes my way and in turn am always in a constant state of catching up with everything. I have been overall unhappy with this job since about 2011 and it seems to get worse every year.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Stifling interactions with faculty, staff and management
Generic lab assistant job
Student Lab Assistant - EE Dept (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLAugust 12, 2016
Good please to work as a student. Flexible hours. I believe that every job is different when you work for the university. I was lucky, I had an easy-going boss and everything worked out.
Pros
cash money
Cons
none really, you get what you expect
Productive and Fun place to work
Quality Improvement Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLSeptember 7, 2016
Typical day at work, is arriving getting coffee and short talking with the team. I have learn plenty when it comes to data entry and health administration.
Pros
Events and culture celebration
Cons
N/A
Operations, Manager (Current Employee) –  Hialeah, FLJuly 7, 2016
Great team, awesome benefits. Working for UF is phenomenal
Patient flow is heavy
building needs renovations
most medicaid plans are accepted
they treat people with respect
great customer service focus
Benefits
Cons
Not any
Good place for a PhD program
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLAugust 18, 2016
Good place for a PhD program. Not that good for Postdoc career, since most lab is PhD program oriented. More politics than research focus.
Pros
Lower cost and safer town
Cons
Boring
Admissions Office
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMarch 1, 2016
Working at the University of Florida, Office of Admissions has been a great experience. We provide exemplary services to enhance students' academic and personal success. Having great customer is the mandatory for this job, because we deal with different types of students. The workplace is very professional.
Pros
Professionalism, resources, customer service
Cons
high volume of students
Hardworking Team Who Saves Lives of Children With A Rare Diseasse
Program Coordinator, UF GSD Program (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLFebruary 21, 2016
It is rewarding to work with a team who supports a doctor who treats a rare disease, and works well together. I talk with the patients, and interact with the medical side of the team to do my job. It is amazing to speak to that mother for the first time who has found a doctor who actually understands her child's disease and who now has hope. The hardest part is that our doctor does such a good job that I have to turn away new patients.
University of Florida Baseball Camp Instructor
Baseball Camp Instructor (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 21, 2016
During my summer experience at the University of Florida baseball camp we had baseball players from all around the state of all different ages wanting to learn more about the game of baseball and teach them life skills along with fundamentals. During our days the players and camp leader would organize games early in the morning and we had to set everything up. I was involved in checking in players, putting them in their groups by age, and teaching them fundamentals. I also took kids to tour the University athletic areas such as weight room, locker room, and nutrition office. The management was great and very helpful if us players had any issues with the kids. The hardest part was getting the much younger players to comply and listen at times due to excitement and being around a bunch of other kids. The most enjoyable part was watching the kids have a great time, meet new people, and experience the University of Florida how us baseball players experienced it every day.

4.3