University of Florida

University of Florida Employer Reviews

Great working environment
Graduate Assistance (Former Employee), FLDecember 6, 2014
Supervisors are willing to help any time. working times are also flexible, you will learnt alot from Professors.
Good level of organisation for teaching such a big course.
Teaching Assistant and Tutor (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLNovember 26, 2014
Pros: free pizza and drinks during the exams, yeah
Cons: basically none
I was one of 18 TA's for a Stats course that was taught to over 2000 students(per semester). It didn't require more than 10 hours/week:
MWF I would teach one lab(50 minutes), grade all the labs(about 2-3 hours) and had tutoring hours 3 times a week. Plus during exam days each TA had to proctor and take care of their part of students and that was organised – more... pretty smoothly:
- All of the TA's would gather in a room with pizza and drinks;
- Listen to course instructor talking about basic rules of proctoring;
- Each TA leaves to their respective rooms to proctor the exam.

Favorite part of the job - probably the "performance aspect" of teaching labs. Material was not that hard so it was more of a pleasure than a hustle to explain it to students. And it was good to get some teaching experience under the belt.

There was not that many difficulties with that job, grading was a little monotonic, but that's about it.

So overall a pretty balanced environment and a well managed course. – less
Interesting working environment
Aerobiologist (Current Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 4, 2014
Given the multi-cultural melting pot the University of Florida is, no two days are ever the same. Although the work in general may be within the same classification, the cultural aspect of whom you work with on a day to day basis is what makes working at UF so interesting. The science being performed here is unbelievable but it's the ability you gain – more... from being able to understand the science from different backgrounds and views that makes the experience here. – less
Place to learn and possibly grow, not long term place.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee), Archer, FLNovember 3, 2014
Prefer not to rate this work place. Do not reccomend this area to anyone.
Great place to work for motivated professionals
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLOctober 29, 2014
Perfect balance of work and fun
Great training and friendly work environment
Exciting and challenging biomedical research lab
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Biomedical Sciences BuildingOctober 28, 2014
A typical day would involve the design and execution of research projects in the area of biomedical engineering. My primary focus was on the DNA transfection of neurons, which involved learning about the areas of genetics and nanotechnology. As the first student in my second lab at UF, I was most often the person to train new students and handle financial – more... and regulatory matters. Experiments would commonly deviate from the expected outcome, sometimes leading to a dead end. My research colleagues were friendly, supportive and knowledgeable, which promoted a productive laboratory environment. that I enjoyed participating in. There were many challenges associated with achieving the goals of individual research projects, with many failures along the path to success. The best part of academic research occurred when an experiment would demonstrate the validity of a hypothesis that was derived from the findings of previous experiments and other researchers. – less
Great place to learn
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLOctober 21, 2014
Great faculty, and state of the art instruments in a great location
Lab Supervisor (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLOctober 16, 2014
My coworkers are all great people make UF a great place to work.
I learned a lot by being a teacher
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLOctober 13, 2014
I had to teach 3 lab session a week which means 9 hours a week on teaching. Besides, I have to run the experiments before the lab and also prepare my teaching materials and handouts. I enjoyed a lot being a TA and I think I did my best.
Great institution for higher learning
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLOctober 12, 2014
I worked for one of the best professors in the chemistry department at the time. The lab had excellent equipment, and my peers and advisors taught me a lot and were quite fun to work with. It was a great experience that provided me the foundation for my career.
Great work environment
Senior Health Support Tech (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLOctober 10, 2014
Pros: great environment
Cons: only temporary
I was able to develop my skills in research and work with different individual within healthcare.
Great atmosphere for a student
Graduate Research in Molecular Dynamics (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLOctober 7, 2014
Professors are really nice and are vested in making sure you do well
fun place to work
CUSTOMER AMBASSADOR (Former Employee), gainesvilleOctober 1, 2014
Pros: fun place, friendly managers
Cons: short breaks
winn Dixie is a great place to work with friendly co workers and great managers to help you learn the art of customer service I couldn't complain. the hardest part was to mop the entire store. the most enjoyable part of working at winn Dixie was the customers.
Helpful job for both workers and customers
UF Veterinary Staff (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: amazing co-workers
Out of all my jobs this was by far the most rewarding. Although it was a volunteer job I was happy to go in a six o'clock and stay till six to seven until all the customers had left. During this job I learned how to interact with customers in a pleasing and effective way. We helped the people along with the animals they brought in a long lasting way.
Herbarium Technician- Work Experience was okay.
Herbarium Technician- Plant Mounter (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: earn experience while studying toward degree
Cons: short breaks
I loved working at the herbarium. My pay was fair and I enjoyed the laid-back attitude. My one qualm with working for University of Florida is the administrative department. My position was a work-study position, and my funding ended. Despite several letters of appeal made by my manager, I was not able to get that funding back.
Fun environment that provides for continuing potential to learn
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLAugust 6, 2014
Very educational environment, great atmosphere and people to work with.
I absoulutely love the travel industry!
Centralized Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 6, 2014
This was by far one of my favorite jobs. It was fun, fast, and my co workers were amazing.
Challenging and rewarding time
Grad. Research Asst., Mat. Sci. and Engineering (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLJuly 29, 2014
Pros: great department, great town for young people
Graduate school experiences are highly dependent on college, department, and advisor, among other factors. My experience was extremely rewarding because I was in a well-run and -funded department working under a challenging and fair mentor. I got to learn from and work with great colleagues and gained laboratory responsibility and experimental latitude – more... with experience. – less
Office Manager (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLJuly 24, 2014
It is a great for a pension and benefits. The hardest part of the job is finding someone for training. That is the biggest thing that needs to be corrected ASAP.
UF MSE
Facilities assistant and basic IT (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLJuly 21, 2014
The workday is 8-5 M-F. My position is a contract position but I like to give as much help to professors and students as possible. I find if I show I show a genuine interest in others needs, I can establish a stronger professional relationship. Working in adverse condition is a challenge. Persevering and having mind over matter is the key to completing – more... a task. Accomplishing my work and contributing to a positive day is rewarding. – less

1 2 3 4 5