University of Florida Employee Reviews

Great place to work in Higher Education
Academic Support Coordinator (Current Employee), Gainesville FLAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits, Awesome Community
My career at UF has been a great diverse journey. Having spent most of my time in the financial core administration area, I have had the opportunity to work with the IT area, learning about the way the systems work, al the while learning the needs of the different departments and what we, as a core office, can do to help them be more efficient in fulfilling the mission of the University. I have been fortunate to have amazing bosses that allowed me to move around and learn about how our institution runs, getting involved in areas that help me understand the why and how. I love being a part of this industry.
AWESOME Workplace
Program Assistant (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Staff Development
Cons: Office Setup
I was about to help past, current, future students at the University of Florida. Also, I was about to assist Faculty & Staff too. I had one of the best Supervisors. I enjoyed my co-workers!!!
Supportive and challanging
Senior Biological Scientist (Former Employee), UFAugust 21, 2015
Pros: flexible
Cons: parking
Great co-workers, managers/supervisors

HR department needs work but par for the course at large institutions

Great benefits

easy commute

large active community
good work/life balance
Great Place to Learn
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Flexibile hours
Cons: Long Hours
Worked in the College of Pharmacy in the department of Pharmacotherapy and Translational Research. As an undergraduate student, it was a great experience.
Great on-line program
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLAugust 9, 2015
An innovative and highly regarded on-line Masters Degree program that prepares students for the real world. Run by a supportive team that make teaching in this program a truly rewarding experience.
Learning Environment
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLAugust 9, 2015
This position was at first a volunteer position I work with a graduate student for a year and a half then I needed some help to pay for classes and my professor helped me to pay for them. I would calibrate flowmeters, build frames and record data from experiments conducted.
Great work environment
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Very supporting
Working at the LAKEWATCH laboratory at University of Florida I learned a great deal of people skills and interactions. This is a volunteer based program and they will call you at any time of the day. I enjoyed teaching water quality parameters and helping one understand. Every employee is a hard working and this company is very family orientated.
Fun working experience
Intern (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedules, nice people
People were very nice and enthusiastic about this field of study. Leaned a lot about urban Entomology and gained more lab experience. Hardest part of the job was the waiting that occurs with these experiments. Most enjoyable was working with insects and talking with coworkers about their interests in Entomology. A typical day was setting up the bioassays in order to conduct the choice test. The experiment had a lot of down time before having to check the mosquitoes so this time would be used to convert data into visual media, like graphs, and complete research papers.
Amazing
Citrus Horticulture Assistant (Former Employee), Immokalee FloridaJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Everything
Cons: pay
I loved working here. I learned so much. My bosses were wonderful and they worked with my high school hours. I worked outside in the greenhouses. I only left because i was following my career.
Productive and Respectful Work Place.
Student Assistant Disability and Resource Center (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLJuly 18, 2015
Pros: lunch at desk, flexibility
Cons: short hours, low pay
At my most recent job working as a student assistant at the University of Florida, a typical day at work would require data entry, answering phone call, responding to emails, and deal with time sensitive and personal information. At this job I learned time management and great customer service skills. I also learned how to juggle several task at once, work collaboratively in a team environment, and remain calm under stressful situations.

The work environment was also very pleasant and encouraging.The management provided support and guidance within respective departments and allowed the employees to grow individually with important skills.

The hardest part of the job would be learning to to respond in a timely manner to stressful situations. Helping others achieve their goals and helping the office facilitate smoothly was the most enjoyable part of the job.
A good university
Posdoc Associate (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLJuly 8, 2015
It has a beautiful campus with grasslands everywhere.

The employees in College of Medicine are very diligent in their work and try their best to generate reliable research data.
Top 10 Higher Education
Program Assistant (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Great health benefits
Cons: So much turmoil within the university, regulations changed daily
Fast paced, diverse and required multi tasking with priority on a daily basis. Learned keen management skills with continuing education always available. Worked mainly independently but supported faculty and staff on many levels as well as Assistant to the Director. Soft money funded so all faculty and staff funding was paid my grants and contracts. I main responsibility was grant budgeting and proposal submissions. Had a lot of red tape but that is expected and even normal in an educational setting.
Productive Workplace.
Lab Assistant (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLJuly 5, 2015
Good coworkers, and good management. Fun, productive environment. Flexible hours. Moving up can be difficult and take time, but overall the job was fun and exciting.
a good place to work if you want to live in Gainesville
Database Administrator (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLJune 27, 2015
Good job for a few years after you graduate, after that there isn't much (if any) opportunities for technical advancement. Opportunities for advancement are geared towards management. Seems that the majority of the people who work at UF at non-academic positions have either recently graduated and want to stay in Gainesville for a few years, or are going to soon retire. There aren't many people in between.
Productive and fun place
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLJune 25, 2015
Productive with supportive management with a great technical team. Room to grow and improve technically and an amazing workforce
Fun workplace
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLJune 24, 2015
Pros: Nice work atmosphere
Cons: Low paid
It's very productive work.
Nice work environment.
There are a lot of work can be done using expertise.
Professors take our suggestions for improvement of reactor design.
Amazing
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLJune 10, 2015
Pros: You meet a lot of people
Cons: No spring break
This was the best experience I have ever had in life. The opportunity to represent such a great institution and visit high schools all around the state of Florida is immeasurable. I love everything about this job
Very rewarding and a satisfied feeling of accomplishment of helping families even doing phone calls.
Medical Secretary/Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 8, 2015
Pros: Making someone smile.
Cons: Family Wait list
Working at University of Florida with children with Autism and related disability is a challenge and rewarding experience. The family that we serve are so appreciative of the work we do for their children.
Although it maybe a long waiting list to see patients we involve the families in other services and activities to help with the distress with their children.
overall a good experience
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT (Current Employee), Gainesville,FlJune 7, 2015
Pros: good people
Cons: fill they need to broaden their thinking
interaction between donors and colleges within the University to coordinate all fundraising activity. Continue to grow my portfolio to maximize my fundraising efforts.
Not UF, UF Housing
Network Administration Asst for UF Housing (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLJune 3, 2015
When I started here, I thought I was getting my foot in the door at UF, As it turned out, I got my foot in the door at UF Housing, a completely separate entity who's IT dept has long been trying to stave off a takeover from UFIT. My first gig here had a job description that was WAY more technical than the job actually was. What sounded like a Jr Netowrk Admin job turned out to be L1 Helpdesk. It allowed me to get into an actual JrAdmin position where I'm doing my boss' old job for half the pay. The rest of the job is great but the pay is laughably low for some positions while right on point for others. Want the responsibility of a SysAdmin with the pay of helpdesk? Apply for my job! I'm trying to get out of here.