University of Florida Employee Review

View all University of Florida reviews

Flexible Schedule
Reseach Intern (Former Employee) –  Plant City, FLNovember 19, 2012
Wonderful place to intern/work. Gained great experience and always had a flexible schedule.

Other University of Florida Employee Reviews

Educative and interactive workspace
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLDecember 8, 2017
A typical day at work would start with an exchange of work performed on the previous day as well as ideas to execute for the day between colleagues. Involvement in other's work improved the well-being of the group and helped progress as a whole. The supervisor was friendly and gave full control of the project to the graduate students. This improved our decision-making and time-management skills. Hard days occurred when there were limited progress and creativity. A shift in focus like having a cultural conversation or listening to good music lifted spirits. The most satisfying part of the job was to make good sense of numbers and what they mean. Interpreting results in a creative way opened doors for speculation, experimentation and finally, the production of solid facts.
Pros
Earn valuable contacts at the university and the industry
Cons
Work-life balance
Medical Physicist Special Project (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLDecember 7, 2017
I was there only to learn NEW modalities, and development of NEW modalities for clinical usage. I could have stayed there longer but my family did not want to relocate.
Pros
The best Place for research and clinical applications