University of Florida Employee Reviews

Typical graduate school
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  GainesvilleJune 22, 2017
University of Florida is located in a small town, Gainesville where you may not find much to do but good for education and focus on research.

Typical graduate school, possible to involve in research with very successful faculty members.
Loved the experience
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 15, 2017
Learned a lot of different analytical techniques in the lab on how to evaluate things. Loved my doctor I worked under as well as the other assistants in the lab
Productive, fast paced, and fun.
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 15, 2017
I volunteer here with my church every year in the concessions. It's a fast-paced work environment, but it was actually really fun. The job does get a little wild during half-time, but with everyone working together it was easy.
Great company
Data Collector (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 15, 2017
This company is friendly, understanding and very accommodating for their employees. Always had meetings that kept everyone up to date on what was going on.
Great compensation, benefits and time off.
Administrative Assistant, College of Pharmacy (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 14, 2017
Compensation and benefits are the REAL reason to work for UF. The work is all over the board. Crazy. Boring. Intimidating. Training for a particular position can be laborious and riddled with seemingly endless minutia that must be retained. The people in the department I worked for are actually pretty good folks. Gotta make a buck somewhere!
Great Place To Work
Call Technician (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 13, 2017
Management is very understanding. There is great open communication across the board. I am able customize my hours to fit my needs. There is a lot of training and opportunity for advancement within the company.
Pros
Flexible hours, great management team
Cons
Low on hours in slower seasons
Very good university
Student (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 12, 2017
Good environment for learning with lots of opportunities for personal growth. Affordable tuition and financial aid services. Downside would be relationship with professors impersonal.
fun and educating
Data Analyst Intern, Ticket Systems and Analytics (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 11, 2017
it is a very good place to start for people who doesn't have too much work experience. I learnt how to extract data from ticketmaster with the help of SQL.
effective
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  museum roadJune 7, 2017
As a lab technician I learned how to extract DNA from frog samples and amplify select said DNA to further study the evolution of the amphibians migration patterns. I worked under great management where my skills were cultivated to be performed quickly and efficiently.
Pros
research opportunities
ff
Fiscal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 6, 2017
The position was very monotonous. The position did not challenge me mentally and there did not appear to be much room for advancement. I also was not compensated well.
Very Disconnected workplace, The work is very unfulfilling, Management is unresponsive and cold, Not recommended for long term work
OPS security (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FL 32611June 5, 2017
Going into this line of work, I was looking to improve and move up. But, as the days crept on, I noticed this job was more of a revolving door rather than a climb. Management does not really keep in touch or coach when behavior is reflected negatively. The workplace is beautiful but the work is tedious and unfulfilling. I would not recommend this job for very long.
i think it a good job
Utility, Worker, Cook (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 5, 2017
Most thing it has great benefits and great team leaders. I love being at work each day. work everyday doing great work handling different tasks daily.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
30 minute breaks
productive work and good team
Graduate student and Research Assistance (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 3, 2017
Good research and productive. Team great to work with. Good management. The most enjoyable part the job is the research and working with a great team.
Pros
research
Great work Culture
Quality Analyst (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 2, 2017
University of FL has very friendly work culture environment, i love to work there once again. i work there as • Maintaining common Library Functions for each separate set of Modules in Self Administration tool.
• Descriptive Programming for developed QTP scripts.
• Registering the Functions created and using them as QTP functions
I'm currently working at UF as a software engineer
Full Stack .Net Developer (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 27, 2017
UF definitely have a good job security for software engineer, great benefit since it is a state job. No bonus, lower pay, and almost impossible to get into manage field. Since everybody around you have been working there for 10, 20, or more years. So, great place to work if you don't want to get into management and you are fine with your salary.
Pros
Job Security, Benefits
Cons
Low Pay, Growth opportunity
Head Flyman (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 26, 2017
Here at the University of Florida, there are many great things to learn. This job is definitely that, there are a lot of things that can be learned at your time at this roadhouse. Many different shows come and go, each of them varying from major Broadway shows to small 5 people student shows. We accommodate them all. The environment is fast paced and constantly needs you to think on your feet. One of the major things to keep in mind is that this is a team effort, anything and everything done is done as part of a team and you will always be working with at least one other person.
Pros
Everyday is something new, have a hand in every department, always have something to do
Cons
Sometimes posted hours you will work are no 100% acurate
Its a place that gave me secure future to retire with benefits and fulltime employment. Its a nlessing to work with students & staff.
Custodian 1 (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 24, 2017
I love my job the hours are great, the benefits can't be beat. Nut the pay need to be better per hour. I am blessed to still be working here since june 23, 1998.
Pros
Retire package & awesome place to grow.
Cons
Paying for parking is worst.
Teaching is rewarding work
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 24, 2017
I taught first year architecture students how to think differently about how to make architecture that was thoughtful and inspiring. This was a very rewarding position with the university which helped me to pay for my degree.
Go gators!
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 22, 2017
The University of Florida is an amazing place! The campus is gorgeous, classes are interesting, and gator football games are the best It's great to be a Florida gator!
Fast pace environment
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 17, 2017
Fast pace environment that is centered around research. Workplace culture is pleasant and people are enjoyable to work with. There is definitely room for advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Florida. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4