University of Florida

University of Florida Employee Reviews

Hostile work environment, but not the entire university.
Admissions Officer (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLMay 29, 2015
Pros: The distinction that follows the name
Cons: Hostile work environment
Typical day is interacting with current and prospective freshman via phone and in person. Learned to not trust anyone. Management is lacking and co-workers are highly unprofessional. Hardest part of the job is interacting with the co-workers, best part is meeting and speaking with excited prospective families.
Working in an environment that has inconsistent leadership at the school level
Supervising Instructor (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLMay 28, 2015
Pros: students
Cons: poor leadership and delegation at the school level
The most enjoyable part of my job was my students. What I have learned is to go with the flow, administration at my school was very inconsistent and indecisive. it sent myself and co-workers into a state of "survival of the fittest." The most difficult part of my job was the fact that instructors needs were not met nor that instructors had input. Administration stated "assume good will and transparency" but it was far from it. I learned to look at the positives each day and to be the best teacher for my students than I can be despite the difficult environment at this school.
Great Learning Experience
Student Research Assistant (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLMay 21, 2015
This lab was more clinical based and worked with cognitive behavioral therapy techniques on mostly adolescent patients. The experience was rewarding and taught me a lot about the therapy techniques we were studying. All in all it was a good learning experience but I am looking for more lab-based research.
very good place for research.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLMay 18, 2015
very good place for research.

very good team work.

reasonable work time.

brilliant scientist group.

very good place to learn.
Productive and highly functioning multifaceted environment.
Program Assistant (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLMay 14, 2015
• Worked with customers in various inside and outside agencies and hospitals to resolve differences and to insure procedures (radioactive implants, surgical therapeutics, external beam radiation), and other therapies were completed without incident.
Related well to/and supervised an administrative pool of 4 people.
Knowledge of office procedures and practices and hospital/clinic policies.
Proficient in Medical Terminology.

The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with the different personalities of our customer base and the great team moral of my coworkers.

Everyday was a learning experience as you never knew what challenges would present themselves.
Review of UF
Accountant (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLMay 13, 2015
Pros: Flexible Work Schedule
Cons: Hard to advance in College of Medicine
I have worked at UF off and on since 1992 for a cumulative total of 20 years. It is a great company to work for but I feel as if I have plateaued. In my current area there is no growth opportunity. My work has doubled since I began in my current position three years ago and my job description does not accurately reflect my duties. Overall UF is a great place to work with great benefits and leave time.
great place to work, pay could be better
Statistics Consultant (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLApril 29, 2015
great place to work, pay could be better, but great benefits. The commute can be a bit of pain, but you get tons of holidays.
Secretary.
Secretary in the Department of Dentistry (Former Employee), Gainesvill, FLApril 21, 2015
I started at the University in the College of Dentistry as a secretary. It was very interesting.

I then went to the Physician Assistant program as an administrative secretary to the direct of the program. It was challenging work. I also got to work with the students.

I then went to the College of Medicine and was a senior work processing operator. I typed for the doctors in their practices.
Great be a TA
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLApril 18, 2015
Pros: Sometimes have free pizza and the best TA awards
The fun part of this job is I can communicate with so many different students because they all have different personalities and stories. At same time, I also have to know how to handle some conflicts. The hardest part of this job is I have to have really strong background knowledge of every experiment and there are 12 different experiments and be able to explain their questions very well. I learned a lot from this job and I love to do it again if I have a chance.
Nice work place.
Assitant of the office manager (Former Employee), Homestead FlApril 17, 2015
Pros: Free Fruits, and plants
Cons: great health insurance
There is a nice place to work. I learned how to deal with different people from other cultures. My coworkers were super nice, we were closer to each other. The hardest part of the job was the audit month, every year we had a audit, it was so stressful for everyone. I have a great memories when I worked in University of Florida, I used to have a lot of fun in Christmas seasons. All employees prepared a great parties for the children.
Math teacher
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLApril 15, 2015
Teaching in the inner city has surprising challenges that may be difficult to overcome. I did enjoy being able to use Portuguese to teach math.
Photographer (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLApril 13, 2015
I learned to work as a team. My job involved traveling and an opportunity to explore Florida. As a photographer I was able to represent UF/IFAS in print on magazines, news releases and other print materials.
Productive and constructive
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLApril 13, 2015
Great place to work. Good environment and its a place you can grow and learn. I learned how to work with a variety of people and how to plan professional meetings.
Productive, educative
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLApril 11, 2015
Like it very much, not much pressure during work. The environment was perfect and the salary is reasonable. Colleagues here are very helpful and warmhearted.
Post Doctoral Associate (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLApril 7, 2015
The work place was full of discoveries and solving the life complex problems. I learn how to work as a team and with collaborators while being able to work independently on the the assigned responsibility. I also learnt consultation and always being goals oriented
productive and challenging
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLApril 7, 2015
Pros: flexibility
Cons: food
Can experience friendly-environment for work.
Can concentrate your work and find flexibility of the work.
can approach all the equipment for experiment and measurement.
Very limited ability to make "on the spot" decisions and very limited access to management and supervisors.
Family Nutrition Educator (Former Employee), Lake Butler, FLApril 7, 2015
Pros: Exciting curriculum
Cons: no access to supervisor
Hardest part of the job - no ongoing communication system between workers and supervisors.

Most enjoyable part of the job - reaching out to community
Go Gators
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLApril 6, 2015
What else can be said about UF except GO Gators! The job was fun and it was a pleasure getting to work with the students. The only negative was the soils lab was in the basement and smelled like mold.
Stressful workplace
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Gainesville, FlApril 2, 2015
It's a nice place to work however a little bit stressful depending on who you work under and what project is defined for.
The hardest part of the job is satisfying your boss.
Overall good place to work with a diverse work force and intellectual environment
Section Manager and Chief Photographer (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLApril 1, 2015
University Of Florida overall is a great place to work. Individual departments vary as to employee relations and work environment.

1 2 3 4 5

Research Assistant
$10.00 per hour

University of Florida Photos

Me with Albert & Alberta at graduation
Me, working at the Gel Electrophoresis station.
Gator Baseball