University of Florida Employee Reviews in United States

Learning experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 20, 2016
The patients were happy to be assisted with a smile
Quick response from Nurses
Enjoyed the in house training and additional training to enhance the job
Great place to work, Top Graduate Facility, Most award winning place of employment, Great activites
Custodial Worker (Former Employee) –  GainesviileJuly 15, 2016
I enjoyed my time at UF. The environment was great. The most fun on any job, I every had. The student life was very pleasing. The flexible holiday schedule was the best.
Pros
Best diverse culture
Cons
NA
Operations, Manager (Current Employee) –  Hialeah, FLJuly 7, 2016
Great team, awesome benefits. Working for UF is phenomenal
Patient flow is heavy
building needs renovations
most medicaid plans are accepted
they treat people with respect
great customer service focus
Benefits
Cons
Not any
learning enviornment
REU Internship (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLJuly 6, 2016
gave insight into what an actual lab setting would be like. Also learned more about my field in the process. enjoyed the trips taken as well.
University of Florida Baseball Camp Instructor
Baseball Camp Instructor (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 21, 2016
During my summer experience at the University of Florida baseball camp we had baseball players from all around the state of all different ages wanting to learn more about the game of baseball and teach them life skills along with fundamentals. During our days the players and camp leader would organize games early in the morning and we had to set everything up. I was involved in checking in players, putting them in their groups by age, and teaching them fundamentals. I also took kids to tour the University athletic areas such as weight room, locker room, and nutrition office. The management was great and very helpful if us players had any issues with the kids. The hardest part was getting the much younger players to comply and listen at times due to excitement and being around a bunch of other kids. The most enjoyable part was watching the kids have a great time, meet new people, and experience the University of Florida how us baseball players experienced it every day.
internship
Student (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 15, 2016
work for my graduation thesis. Learn how to use Ansys Fluent and improve my knowledge in fluidinamics. the hardest part of the work was learning numerical methods , but after studying it start to be very fun.
Not helpful preceptors
Student (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 7, 2016
They do not teach. You have to watch online classes and guess your answers with no guidance. If you call someone they will tell you to call someone else in the distance pharmacy program. The videos are what teach you basics
Fantastic Learning Environment
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 6, 2016
The University of Florida School of Music provided a great environment for their students' learning and growth as musicians. Students were often encouraged to explore a broader range of options regarding their individual musical and artistic talents. Graduate students had myriad opportunities for growth both academically, and as teachers.
Incredible benefits, decent pay, great students, poor politics
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 3, 2016
UF is an amazing employer. The benefits are unbeatable. Decent pay depending on the department you work in. The structure allows for amazing growth opportunities. The only problem is the political/management aspect. Depending on your department management you can still run into the same unhealthy toxic environment you see in corporate America just with a little more job security. UF wants to avoid lawsuits and negative images so they have to at least abide by some moral values, however, if you do run into issues things aren't necessarily going to be resolved. HR only "recommends" actions, it falls on the next in the hierarchy to actually decide how to handle it and that can often mean its ignored. Hopefully as the poor leadership moves out, they will be replaced with actual good leaders. President Fuchs seems nice but not happy with the state approved low 1.5% raises which have now been pushed back to January instead of 3-4% beginning with the fiscal year as they used to. Aside from that, UF is better than most other employers out there due to all the perks and the exciting environment of working with great students.
Pros
Great work/life balance. A true 8-5. High growth potential. Movement within structure.
Cons
Middle and upper management do not necessarily support the feel good best practices they preach, If you have an issue you might as well transfer to another department in many cases.
Developing knowledge in natural science
Research Assistant in Horticultural (Current Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLJune 1, 2016
The development of horticulture and environmental, applying new techniques in plant nurseries, citrus grove, laboratory.
Great place to get an education!!
Student Assistant Coach (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 28, 2016
Graduating from the University of Florida was one the biggest highlights of my life. It was an amazing 4 years and I learned so much about myself and what I truly want in the years to come.
Florida Agriculture and Information Retrieval System
Database Coordinator FAIRS (Former Employee) –  Gainesville FLMay 26, 2016
Database Manager for collection and delivery of extensive library of Agricultural Information to Florida County Extension offices and Agricultural Research Centers. System software was custom and delivered the information (textual as well as images) daily in a period of time prior to "Web".
Event Planning Director
Director of Special Events (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 25, 2016
I coordinated,planned and organized all special events to raise funds for breast cancer. Recruited and trained all volunteers for special events. Planned and organized all executive board meetings and events and art shows. Was responsible for obtaining auction items for all special events. Coordinated media outreach and imitative promotions.
Pros
Planning special events to raise funds for cancer patients.
Cons
Long days and nights
Cutural Tolerance
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 20, 2016
Although they teach an acceptance of all diverse cultural differences, I found that co-workers are not as tolerant of your differences as they want you to be about their beliefs.
Florida Health Support Tech (Phlebotomist) (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 19, 2016
Very much enjoyed working in such a caring and family orientated environment. Meeting students from all over the globe.
Pros
Meet new people.
Cons
Parking
Effective lessons
Lead Referral Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 19, 2016
Typical work day would be peaking to patient's and insurance companies as well as the physician
Every insurance company has their policies and procedures for approvals
Management had a great character
Staff were really caring
Having to not have an answer for a patient at that moment
Keeping constantly busy
Resident Assistant position at The University of Florida
Resident Assistant (RA) (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 17, 2016
As a resident assistant I didn't have many set hours. I worked an average of 20 hours per week. My responsibilities included coordinating programs, individually and with my staff, planning monthly socials for community building, and mediating roommate conflict. I would be On Call on average about twice a month and I also worked at the Yulee Area desk for 4 hours per week. I learned a lot about working with other people. I believe that the hardest part of the job was helping my residents that has anxiety, depression and other mental health issues. The most rewarding part of my job was being able to help people everyday. I loved being there for my residents
Pros
Free meal swipes, flexible schedule, great coworkers
Cons
N/A
Excellent university
Volunteer Project (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 13, 2016
Excellent place to learn and work at. I learned all the skills I possess here. Management is excellent. I miss being here and would like to go back.
Top notch faculty and flexible schedule and projects
POST DOCTORAL ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 12, 2016
Enjoyed my time at UF- Go Gators!

Hardest part of the job was acquiring funding, high stress, and competition. Never felt like I could relax.

Best part of the job was the training. Always learning something new. Exciting research. Excellent facilities. Knowledgeable faculty and staff. My service contributed to humanity and society.
Pros
Flexible schedule and exciting projects
Cons
High stress environment
Volunteer/Student position
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 4, 2016
Learned more about background research, complex neurological tests of consciousness, and questionnaire and thought experiment design. Often worked independently under instruction. A valuable and challenging learning experience.

4.4