University of Florida Employee Reviews

The University of Florida is a fun and fullfilling place to work
Active Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Florida Museum of Natural HistoryFebruary 19, 2017
I have learned a tremendous amount both in general education and marketable skills at the University of Florida. I could not be more satisfied with my major advisers, the work I have been privileged to work on, and the education I have received
Great place to work with not a whole lot of overbearing management.
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLFebruary 18, 2017
As a TA, I am limited to 10 hours a week. However, the work is easy and I have great leeway with regards to creating additional office hours and I am able to easy communicate with students
Pros
easy work
Cons
limited to 10 hours a week
The best university in the South
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLFebruary 17, 2017
A typical day included cleaning lab equipment and processing samples. The job also included doing field work and travel.
Good position
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLFebruary 17, 2017
I have been working at Cellular Sales (Less than a year)
Pros
If you are a great sales professional but feel like you are not getting paid your worth. This is a great company for you. The compensation here is great and is at a higher rate than any other cell phone store. Great The training and team spirt makes it an easy transition when new
Cons
Keep an open mind because you have to learn a whole new way to sale. The trainers are great to help with the transition though
Interactive internship
English as a Second Language Intern (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLFebruary 16, 2017
This internship provided me the opportunity to apply the skills I learned in the TESL courses. I taught visiting scholars and created interactive lessons. The topics were flexible and as an intern we received valuable feedback from our teacher.
The internship helped me grow through reflective teaching practices.
Pros
good feedback, apply what you learn in class, engaging, motivating
University of Florida, International Center is student focused
Study Abroad Advisor (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLFebruary 9, 2017
The Center was/is very focused on broadening the students focus by integrating international learning into the students core academics. THe staff work with students to cater and define programs that work around the student's strength.
Excellent opportunities to grow as a researcher
Lab Researcher (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLFebruary 9, 2017
The university of Florida offer many opportunities to gain experience as a researcher and to grow in various fields. It is also an excellent place to network and make lifelong connections.
An employee-centered environment t
Science Writer and Public Information Officer (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLFebruary 7, 2017
It's hard to beat working here. Employees have great benefits, including more than two-week vacation time and some of the best health care plans offered in the state.
Exciting Workplace
Volunteer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLFebruary 4, 2017
University of Florida has professors that are very dedicated to their research which makes the lab experiences much more interesting. I was able to work with multiple professors and learn a variety of techniques.
Fun workplace with good learning opportunity
Salesforce Developer(OPS) (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJanuary 31, 2017
I learned salesforce over here.
I leaned to administer actual salesforce DB
Started multi-tasking of learning and doing work
Leaned to work efficiently and giving possible user friendly solutions
Harn Art Museum
SECURITY GUARD (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FL 32611January 28, 2017
Management looks at their bottom line as opposed to the need for hours or time off. Co-workers are pleasant to work with, high turn over rate for security personnel.
Cons
Location and traffic volume
Good graduate program
PhD Researcher (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJanuary 28, 2017
Intense graduate program from a top Chemistry department. The Department takes good care of their students and provide a great foundation for research based PhDs.
Great Environment
Lead End User Computing Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FL 32611January 24, 2017
Great Environment to work in. It is defiantly a great place to grow as a professional employee. There is also amazing benefits.
Great Place to work at
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJanuary 20, 2017
High quality in research, State of the Art laboratories and world renown faculty members. Great oportunities to develop as a researcher and great reputation among other universities.
Low wage and not strong on facilities
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJanuary 9, 2017
I loved the students, but there was little money going into the program which resulted in inadequate teaching spaces.

I taught in both the M.F.A. program and the B.A. program. I also published and presented several articles in books and conferences.

See Vita
Pros
Great students
Cons
bad facilities
Awesome boss
HORTICULTURE TECHNICIAN ─ INTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLJanuary 2, 2017
Nice coworkers and management. Always management took care of me and help me to develop. nice work environment and good learning experience
Pros
knowledge
Cons
insurance
Great people
Control Room Operator (Former Employee) –  Perry, FLDecember 30, 2016
Great people, they tried really hard, but didn't have a clue on industry scale. I really think it could have worked if we could have met in the middle of textbook and reality.
Fun and informative work environment
Undergraduate Lab Assistant/Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLDecember 27, 2016
Took this position during my undergraduate in order to gain experience, so compensation was not my major focus for this position. I learned a lot and loved all of my coworkers.
Teaching Assistant Review
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLDecember 19, 2016
My job as a teaching assistant was very simple, and I had clear instructions from the professor in how to complete the tasks that were given to me. The hard part about the job is the interaction between student and I regarding their grades.
Pros
Working with the Professor
Cons
Student interaction
Research Assistant
Student (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLDecember 18, 2016
Unpaid position where I assisted with research in the performance psychology lab at the University of Florida. Learned a lot about basic research methods as well as how to use various computer programs required of our lab.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Florida. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3