University of Florida

University of Florida Employee Reviews

Graduate Student
DARPA Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMarch 22, 2017
Not a bad place to go for graduate school, be careful when choosing your adviser. They tend to expect you in the labs 24 hours a day working on your research. But if you stay on top of it overall not bad
Great but needs some improvement in moral
Dispatcher Police (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMarch 22, 2017
Very stressful job, not worth the salary. The training is great and getting better. Management is friendly. Lots of overtime available, never enough coverage or enough dispatchers during hectic situations, and when mistakes do occur because that is the nature of the beast management comes down hard instead of being constructive. But great coworkers and great law enforcement officers.
Bad place
OPS (Former Employee) –  Balm, FLMarch 19, 2017
I loved working but the other employees made bad on you so you would leave. They care more for there students then the hard working employees that dont even get s thank you
Extreme learning wonderful
Student (Former Employee) –  FloridaMarch 19, 2017
Way too expensive than other online schools.....our counselor does not give actual cost and teachers never know the answer to kinetics questions...the best of them are retired.
Loved working for UF!
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMarch 16, 2017
UF is so great to their graduate students, and this position was funded through the university for teaching purposes. It was a fun place to work and the experience I have gained while working here was invaluable.
A place where gators are energetic, athletic and passionate
Graduate Student (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMarch 12, 2017
The University of Florida is a wonderful place with fabulous natural landscape, comfortable subtropical climate, and fantastic alligators around the campus. Here you can obtain the most advanced library resources as well as various sports facility and passionate instructor who would like to help you.
Pros
Excellent sports facilities, patient professors.
Cons
Less career fair related to Horticultural Science related majors
Great Learning Experience and Team Efforts Daily
Coordinator, Administrative Services (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMarch 11, 2017
I worked with the University of Florida for thirty-three years, most of that time in the College of Medicine, Office of the Dean, Personnel Section. I also spent two years in the College of Nursing and Shands Teaching Hospital at the beginning of my employment which all at the time was a part of UF.

I loved my job, management and the workplace culture. I learned everything administratively an employee could learn and had great supervisors, mentors who helped me climb the ladder from a Clerk Typist I, retiring from UF as a Coordinator, Administrative Services. I started out making less than $7,000 a year in 1972 and left making $80,000. I thank God for how he Blessed me on the job and when I became a Supervisor/Manager, I did the same for people entrusted to me.
Pros
benefits, leave, pay, promotibility
Cons
parking and parking cost
Great benefits, co-workers were great
Senior Clerk (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMarch 10, 2017
I have held a variety of clerical positions at the University of Florida. I began as being a Secretary Specialist for the Department of Engineering in I believe 1984. I next worked as a Word Processing Specialist for Admissions and later worked as a Senior Clerk for the Registrar's Office in 2004. People generally worked well together as a team to provide excellent customer service and benefits were excellent.
Pros
Healthcare, retirement, flexible work schedule
Cons
low pay
Good experience
Undergraduate Researcher / Intern (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMarch 7, 2017
I worked in a lab as an intern as part of college credit. I learned a lot and picked up a lot of skill that are relevant in the lab. I even was able to get a Publication out of it
Great school
Producer/Editor (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMarch 7, 2017
Fantastic learning environment, great mentors and professors. I have learned alot about Adobe Premiere Pro as well as camera work, lighting, sound and live radio. I feel very equipped to find a great job once I graduate in Fall 2017.
great for my first job
Assistant Venue Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLFebruary 28, 2017
not a ton of money, but that's not why you work at a university. if you want to be surrounded by college kids 24/7, it's perfect.
Great independently-managed work
UF OPS Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLFebruary 27, 2017
UF's lab assistant positions tend to be great for those who have odd schedules but can mange their own time well. Lab managers or leading professors provide you with work training and deadlines and then mostly leave you to your own devices. As long as the requested work is completed on time, you could come in to the lab at any hour. Great for learning to set your own deadlines as well. Depending on the lab you work for, you might work with other lab staff or on your own.
Pros
I got to work by myself, Not having to rely on others except direct superior for necessary inventory/tools
Cons
I got to work by myself, Some long work periods in isolation could be boring if you prefer interactive work
well diverse opportunity in healthcare
Executive Director/Administrator (Current Employee) –  UF HealthFebruary 26, 2017
oversee and operate a Pediatric infectious disease department supervising medical staff- MAs and Nurses, office/fiscal staff, and multi-disciplinary team providing services to children and adults diagnosed with HIV/AIDS. The program includes primary care and mental health services to its population served in the community. Services are offered at multiple sites in Jacksonville including Daytona Beach.
Pros
Positive outcome with a varies funding sources and working with several Physicians
Cons
challenge of medical services for non-compliant patients with this target population
Productive and fun work place
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLFebruary 23, 2017
Its a great experience to work at UF. You get experience to witness one of the finest Horticulture research going on in the nation. Besides you own research project, there are enormous opportunities of getting yourself involved with other research projects and meet people from your desired field. Sometimes, the work can be more, but if you enjoy it, it is interesting.
The University of Florida is a fun and fullfilling place to work
Active Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Florida Museum of Natural HistoryFebruary 19, 2017
I have learned a tremendous amount both in general education and marketable skills at the University of Florida. I could not be more satisfied with my major advisers, the work I have been privileged to work on, and the education I have received
Great place to work with not a whole lot of overbearing management.
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLFebruary 18, 2017
As a TA, I am limited to 10 hours a week. However, the work is easy and I have great leeway with regards to creating additional office hours and I am able to easy communicate with students
Pros
easy work
Cons
limited to 10 hours a week
The best university in the South
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLFebruary 17, 2017
A typical day included cleaning lab equipment and processing samples. The job also included doing field work and travel.
Good position
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLFebruary 17, 2017
I have been working at Cellular Sales (Less than a year)
Pros
If you are a great sales professional but feel like you are not getting paid your worth. This is a great company for you. The compensation here is great and is at a higher rate than any other cell phone store. Great The training and team spirt makes it an easy transition when new
Cons
Keep an open mind because you have to learn a whole new way to sale. The trainers are great to help with the transition though
Interactive internship
English as a Second Language Intern (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLFebruary 16, 2017
This internship provided me the opportunity to apply the skills I learned in the TESL courses. I taught visiting scholars and created interactive lessons. The topics were flexible and as an intern we received valuable feedback from our teacher.
The internship helped me grow through reflective teaching practices.
Pros
good feedback, apply what you learn in class, engaging, motivating
University of Florida, International Center is student focused
Study Abroad Advisor (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLFebruary 9, 2017
The Center was/is very focused on broadening the students focus by integrating international learning into the students core academics. THe staff work with students to cater and define programs that work around the student's strength.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Florida. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3