University of Florida Employee Reviews

Excellent Culture
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLFebruary 9, 2016
Great flexibility in work schedule. Many opportunities to interact with employee's from all over the University. Great place to make advances.
Great environment to work
Postdoctoral Researcher (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLFebruary 4, 2016
UF is a great place to study and work. I studied here and worked as a teaching assistant and research assistant. The pay is ok for the life in Gainesville, which is a small college town.
The work environment is friendly and relaxed
Application Developer (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLFebruary 1, 2016
Great boss, great people, great envionment to work. The boss is the nicest guy I've ever met, coworkers here are willing to help you anytime. We do databse and web development here.
Fun and enlightening expereince as a Stagehand
Stage Hand (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJanuary 31, 2016
Usually the job requires to move around heavy objects and setting up the stage with my other co-workers, who are quite pleasant to be with. The only difficult part is the heavy lifting which by itself is not very difficult, but it was also rather enjoyable as an exercise.
Challenging and Rewarding
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJanuary 14, 2016
Research at the University of Florida is rewarding and challenging. My responsibilities included: data entry, punctuality, independent and supervised catalyst production, operation of technical equipment, adherence to lab SOP, maintenance of proper chemical storage and organization, and adherence to a chain of command. Professors are flexible with research hours. Graduate students are helpful and knowledgeable. Because not all the instruments in the lab worked, I had to use some instruments in unintended ways to serve another function. Minor troubles occurred in workplace organization however I properly disposed of used chemicals and returned all materials to their designated locations after cleaning and use. I felt that I was making a difference in human progress and bettering the world around me.
Pros
Positive Work Environment, Helpful Coworkers
Cons
Workplace Organization, Lack of Working Equipment
I worked with very smart people
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJanuary 11, 2016
Working as a research assistant, I learned the proper way to record data, interact with participants, and analyze raw data.
busy but not productive
graduate research assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJanuary 4, 2016
the school is good for undergrads not so much for higher education in science and technology fields. The school focuses so much on sports and athletics which technically have nothing to do with the graduate research
Pros
parties
Cons
no money for research
Great work environment
Women's Soccer Coach (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJanuary 4, 2016
Great place to work! I was a GA so wasn't able to continue working there after my position was done but would have loved to if they would have allowed.
Great Experience
UF- Controls Lab Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLDecember 31, 2015
Enjoyed being a teaching assistant (TA) for the controls lab. Was constantly able to help students troubleshoot issues with their code and hardware. Hardly ever even noticed what time it was due the amount of interest and focus I had with my job. The pay is not great but work is fun.
Top research university in Taiwan
Research Assistant in Mechanical Engineering (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLDecember 22, 2015
It's a school with smart people, but the education system still has room for improvement. Teaching quality should be improved since that has a huge impact on the young researchers.
Working for the University of Florida College of Dentistry has been very exciting. The students treat the employees with respect.
Senior Clerk (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLDecember 14, 2015
The Team Leaders treat the assistants well also.They acknowledge your strengths.Challenges you with an open mind. You learn a lot.
Pros
Team leaders give awesome gifts year round. They let you know how much you are appreciated.
Cons
The management is a major problem. Look forward, to having supervisors who does not work in the clinics.
Positive environment; opportunity for growth and development
Word Processor (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLDecember 3, 2015
Very slow paced environment. However, a positive environment which encouraged opportunity for self development. Ended up going back to school taking advantage of employee benefits. Met a lot of wonderful people from different walks of life and from different countries.
Pros
Employee benefits; opportunity to meet a lot of people from different places.
Cons
slow paced environment
School
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLDecember 3, 2015
Exciting place to work and go to school. Good place to learn more about whatever you are passionate about. Would recommend it to other people.
productive
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLNovember 27, 2015
it is the same as the first time I review this job. I do not have any else to add to this job I love working with my coworkers we are like a family there. cant really say about the management
Fun place to work
Executive Secretary, College of Medicine (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLNovember 25, 2015
- great boss
- learned new skills in academic management
- learned how to budget office accounts
- I enjoy my boss and the chairman
- great resources if there are questions
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Pay
Very Productive Place
Office Mnager (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLNovember 19, 2015
Very Productive but no room for advancement. Very progressive management and I worked very well with all of my co-workers. The Department is growing but not in the area I work in. So I would like to find a position with room to move up/advance.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Non-Flexible working hours
The University of Florida is an excellent place to work.
PAYROLL/PERSONNEL MANAGER-OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLNovember 18, 2015
University of Florida is an excellent place to work. GOOD BENEFITS!
Pay is good (all depends on positions) but usually it's good.
Pros
Benefits, great advancements
Cons
Parking isn't the best due the high number of students. Plus you will have to pay for your decal.
Data Entry Position great first real job
Surgical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 10, 2015
i think this was one of my most enjoyable position i ever had. i enjoy keying customer information and the learning the company. They always showed the employees how much the appreciated them on numerous occassion. it was said that the outsource the company to Chicago.
Great university for career advancement and networking
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLOctober 26, 2015
UF is great in terms of networking opportunity and for career advancement. For a job seeker, it is one of the great public institutions to be graduated from.
Very good work environmet.
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Financial aid departmentOctober 20, 2015
Excellent work place. Very conducive to enhancing work skills. Learned all facets of student loan programs.Excellent co-workers and top of the line Institution.

4.3