University of Florida Employee Reviews in United States

Supplemental Instructor (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLAugust 29, 2016
Good place to work. I enjoyed working there. Co-workers are friendly. Gainesville is a nice city to raise a family. I would work there again if given the opportunity.
Neutral
Referral Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 19, 2016
VERy good company to work for, excellent benefits. I enjoyed working with my providers on a daily bases. Co workers worked well as a team. Have several mangers, some were very good leaders and some had no leadership capabilities. Loved working with the patients, our providers were on target.
Pros
providers
Cons
some managers did not have leadership capabilites
Good place for a PhD program
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLAugust 18, 2016
Good place for a PhD program. Not that good for Postdoc career, since most lab is PhD program oriented. More politics than research focus.
Pros
Lower cost and safer town
Cons
Boring
Fun place to work for
Medical Assistant/Referral Coordinator/CSR (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 18, 2016
at work by 8am, I get clocked in and start working on my referrals and messages. If by chance the MA in the back need help with a lab draw or an injection I will help her while she rooms her patient.I would then come back to my desk and continue my referrals and messages. I will help the CSR if she need help checking in a patient or taking a chart back to MA. There is no hard part about my job, we are for the most part one big huge happy family. I really enjoy my job and very happy with my job. Of course patients are and always will be our number one priority and we do give the the best that we have.
Pros
my job is very flexible.
Generic lab assistant job
Student Lab Assistant - EE Dept (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLAugust 12, 2016
Good please to work as a student. Flexible hours. I believe that every job is different when you work for the university. I was lucky, I had an easy-going boss and everything worked out.
Pros
cash money
Cons
none really, you get what you expect
Great opportunity if you are interested in working in the pharmacy field.
Pharmacy Adherence Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 27, 2016
Overall, this company is very reputable to work for. Great for anyone interested in a pharmacy related field. Hours were flexible, and pay was based on previous experience. Overtime was available most of the time. However, the position was temporary and considered OPS. Only members of faculty had a permanent position. Also, there is hardly room for advancement. And dismissal is given at any given time.
Learning experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 20, 2016
The patients were happy to be assisted with a smile
Quick response from Nurses
Enjoyed the in house training and additional training to enhance the job
Great place to work, Top Graduate Facility, Most award winning place of employment, Great activites
Custodial Worker (Former Employee) –  GainesviileJuly 15, 2016
I enjoyed my time at UF. The environment was great. The most fun on any job, I every had. The student life was very pleasing. The flexible holiday schedule was the best.
Pros
Best diverse culture
Cons
NA
Operations, Manager (Current Employee) –  Hialeah, FLJuly 7, 2016
Great team, awesome benefits. Working for UF is phenomenal
Patient flow is heavy
building needs renovations
most medicaid plans are accepted
they treat people with respect
great customer service focus
Benefits
Cons
Not any
learning enviornment
REU Internship (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLJuly 6, 2016
gave insight into what an actual lab setting would be like. Also learned more about my field in the process. enjoyed the trips taken as well.
University of Florida Baseball Camp Instructor
Baseball Camp Instructor (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 21, 2016
During my summer experience at the University of Florida baseball camp we had baseball players from all around the state of all different ages wanting to learn more about the game of baseball and teach them life skills along with fundamentals. During our days the players and camp leader would organize games early in the morning and we had to set everything up. I was involved in checking in players, putting them in their groups by age, and teaching them fundamentals. I also took kids to tour the University athletic areas such as weight room, locker room, and nutrition office. The management was great and very helpful if us players had any issues with the kids. The hardest part was getting the much younger players to comply and listen at times due to excitement and being around a bunch of other kids. The most enjoyable part was watching the kids have a great time, meet new people, and experience the University of Florida how us baseball players experienced it every day.
internship
Student (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 15, 2016
work for my graduation thesis. Learn how to use Ansys Fluent and improve my knowledge in fluidinamics. the hardest part of the work was learning numerical methods , but after studying it start to be very fun.
Not helpful preceptors
Student (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 7, 2016
They do not teach. You have to watch online classes and guess your answers with no guidance. If you call someone they will tell you to call someone else in the distance pharmacy program. The videos are what teach you basics
Fantastic Learning Environment
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 6, 2016
The University of Florida School of Music provided a great environment for their students' learning and growth as musicians. Students were often encouraged to explore a broader range of options regarding their individual musical and artistic talents. Graduate students had myriad opportunities for growth both academically, and as teachers.
Incredible benefits, decent pay, great students, poor politics
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 3, 2016
UF is an amazing employer. The benefits are unbeatable. Decent pay depending on the department you work in. The structure allows for amazing growth opportunities. The only problem is the political/management aspect. Depending on your department management you can still run into the same unhealthy toxic environment you see in corporate America just with a little more job security. UF wants to avoid lawsuits and negative images so they have to at least abide by some moral values, however, if you do run into issues things aren't necessarily going to be resolved. HR only "recommends" actions, it falls on the next in the hierarchy to actually decide how to handle it and that can often mean its ignored. Hopefully as the poor leadership moves out, they will be replaced with actual good leaders. President Fuchs seems nice but not happy with the state approved low 1.5% raises which have now been pushed back to January instead of 3-4% beginning with the fiscal year as they used to. Aside from that, UF is better than most other employers out there due to all the perks and the exciting environment of working with great students.
Pros
Great work/life balance. A true 8-5. High growth potential. Movement within structure.
Cons
Middle and upper management do not necessarily support the feel good best practices they preach, If you have an issue you might as well transfer to another department in many cases.
Developing knowledge in natural science
Research Assistant in Horticultural (Current Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLJune 1, 2016
The development of horticulture and environmental, applying new techniques in plant nurseries, citrus grove, laboratory.
Great place to get an education!!
Student Assistant Coach (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 28, 2016
Graduating from the University of Florida was one the biggest highlights of my life. It was an amazing 4 years and I learned so much about myself and what I truly want in the years to come.
Florida Agriculture and Information Retrieval System
Database Coordinator FAIRS (Former Employee) –  Gainesville FLMay 26, 2016
Database Manager for collection and delivery of extensive library of Agricultural Information to Florida County Extension offices and Agricultural Research Centers. System software was custom and delivered the information (textual as well as images) daily in a period of time prior to "Web".
Event Planning Director
Director of Special Events (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 25, 2016
I coordinated,planned and organized all special events to raise funds for breast cancer. Recruited and trained all volunteers for special events. Planned and organized all executive board meetings and events and art shows. Was responsible for obtaining auction items for all special events. Coordinated media outreach and imitative promotions.
Pros
Planning special events to raise funds for cancer patients.
Cons
Long days and nights
Cutural Tolerance
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 20, 2016
Although they teach an acceptance of all diverse cultural differences, I found that co-workers are not as tolerant of your differences as they want you to be about their beliefs.

4.3