University of Florida

University of Florida United States Employee Reviews

Secretary.
Secretary in the Department of Dentistry (Former Employee), Gainesvill, FLApril 21, 2015
I started at the University in the College of Dentistry as a secretary. It was very interesting.

I then went to the Physician Assistant program as an administrative secretary to the direct of the program. It was challenging work. I also got to work with the students.

I then went to the College of Medicine and was a senior work processing operator. I typed for the doctors in their practices.
Great be a TA
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLApril 18, 2015
Pros: Sometimes have free pizza and the best TA awards
The fun part of this job is I can communicate with so many different students because they all have different personalities and stories. At same time, I also have to know how to handle some conflicts. The hardest part of this job is I have to have really strong background knowledge of every experiment and there are 12 different experiments and be able to explain their questions very well. I learned a lot from this job and I love to do it again if I have a chance.
Nice work place.
Assitant of the office manager (Former Employee), Homestead FlApril 17, 2015
Pros: Free Fruits, and plants
Cons: great health insurance
There is a nice place to work. I learned how to deal with different people from other cultures. My coworkers were super nice, we were closer to each other. The hardest part of the job was the audit month, every year we had a audit, it was so stressful for everyone. I have a great memories when I worked in University of Florida, I used to have a lot of fun in Christmas seasons. All employees prepared a great parties for the children.
Math teacher
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLApril 15, 2015
Teaching in the inner city has surprising challenges that may be difficult to overcome. I did enjoy being able to use Portuguese to teach math.
Photographer (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLApril 13, 2015
I learned to work as a team. My job involved traveling and an opportunity to explore Florida. As a photographer I was able to represent UF/IFAS in print on magazines, news releases and other print materials.
Productive and constructive
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLApril 13, 2015
Great place to work. Good environment and its a place you can grow and learn. I learned how to work with a variety of people and how to plan professional meetings.
Productive, educative
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLApril 11, 2015
Like it very much, not much pressure during work. The environment was perfect and the salary is reasonable. Colleagues here are very helpful and warmhearted.
Post Doctoral Associate (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLApril 7, 2015
The work place was full of discoveries and solving the life complex problems. I learn how to work as a team and with collaborators while being able to work independently on the the assigned responsibility. I also learnt consultation and always being goals oriented
productive and challenging
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLApril 7, 2015
Pros: flexibility
Cons: food
Can experience friendly-environment for work.
Can concentrate your work and find flexibility of the work.
can approach all the equipment for experiment and measurement.
Very limited ability to make "on the spot" decisions and very limited access to management and supervisors.
Family Nutrition Educator (Former Employee), Lake Butler, FLApril 7, 2015
Pros: Exciting curriculum
Cons: no access to supervisor
Hardest part of the job - no ongoing communication system between workers and supervisors.

Most enjoyable part of the job - reaching out to community
Go Gators
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLApril 6, 2015
What else can be said about UF except GO Gators! The job was fun and it was a pleasure getting to work with the students. The only negative was the soils lab was in the basement and smelled like mold.
Stressful workplace
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Gainesville, FlApril 2, 2015
It's a nice place to work however a little bit stressful depending on who you work under and what project is defined for.
The hardest part of the job is satisfying your boss.
Overall good place to work with a diverse work force and intellectual environment
Section Manager and Chief Photographer (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLApril 1, 2015
University Of Florida overall is a great place to work. Individual departments vary as to employee relations and work environment.
Warm, Beautiful and Gators
Post-doc Associate (Current Employee), GainesvilleMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Year round sun
Cons: No white christmas
University of Florida is one of the largest public Universities. Although Gators and Gatorade takes the lion's share of its popularity, it does have excellent research to not-so-bad research labs. Some of the buildings are very old and there are no windows which makes it hard to completely appreciate Florida's weather or it's greenery, for some its even depressing and had to take therapy. People are always smiling if not they will be jogging, some of them do both. You have all amusement parks closeby and can have a weekend getaway if you have kids. You definitely don't have to worry about compromising your social life as its warm all-round the year you can party as much as you want, which makes it a popular destination of old well established rich senior professors from ivy leagues to retire in UF....:). Viva Gators...chomp..chomp.
Overall great experience
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLMarch 27, 2015
-Interesting people
-High level of academic research
-Great educational background
-Located in an amazing place.
-Easy day-to-day life.
Data migration
Data Analyst (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLMarch 23, 2015
I had been given few courses which had to be migrated from one management system to another. I had converted lot of courses and had the opportunity to work with a mammoth of data. Interestingly, I had the opportunity to work directly with the client on regular basis.
Great working environment
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLMarch 20, 2015
A great place to work and learn that exemplifies its goal of being a top 10 university. I would recommend it to those interested in becoming Entomologists.
Great introduction into IT
Application Developer (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLMarch 14, 2015
Pros: relaxed atmosphere, great co workers, outstanding management
Cons: lack of learning environment
This is a groundbreaking area if you had never been in IT before, like me. I was always good with computers, just never desired to pursue the career feild. I was introduced into the functional workings of a Data center, network engineers, and various areas of IT.
Excellent team and working environment
Lifeguard (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLMarch 10, 2015
It is an excellent working experience as a lifeguard within such a great team. RecSports offers flexible schedule due to our school schedule and the supervisors are awesome!
A great place to spend a career
Director of Instructional Services (Former Employee), Located in the College of PharmacyMarch 6, 2015
Pros: north central florida close to both gulf and east coast and orlando attractions
Cons: not always the easy to find a parking place. use public transportation if you can.
The University of Florida is an excellent place to gain an undergraduate degree or proceed towards any number of post graduate degrees. It also a great place to work as a staff member. The benefits are great and the location is wonderful.

1 2 3 4 5

Research Associate
$35,000 per year

University of Florida Photos

Me with Albert & Alberta at graduation
Me, working at the Gel Electrophoresis station.
Gator Baseball