University of Florida Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Enriching educational environment and incredible workplace
Instructor of Record- Visual Arts (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLSeptember 22, 2017
I grew so much a a graduate student and valued my experience as an Instructor of Record in the School of Art and Art History. I would highly recommend this program to other artists.
Laid back, collaborative, assistive atmosphere.
Instructional Designer (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLSeptember 21, 2017
Excellent! Flexible scheduling, modern technology, high-level software and tools. There are four teams in my department, with Team Leads. Everyone jumps in to make certain everyone has what they need to be successful.
Big happy family
ACCOUNTING COORDINATOR III (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FL 32608September 21, 2017
I would say the University of Florida is a good place to work if you lived in Gainesville area. The advancement for employment is really good. I worked there for more than 10 years and I don't have much to complain.
Pros
employment advancement
Cons
parking
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLSeptember 15, 2017
Great place to work as a research student. Research advisor takes takes keen interest in your work and guide you through your thesis. I would recommend this place for a master student.
Could be steady, but numbing
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Innovation HubSeptember 14, 2017
I know lots of people who have worked at the University for decades and were really happy there. It's not tremendously stressful for the most part; folks get sort of regular cost-of-living raises. On the other hand, if you are ambitious, it can be VERY political and you may have to jump around departments a bit to advance as a non-faculty member.
Pros
pretty chill
Cons
boring
Productive and relaxed work culture
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLSeptember 14, 2017
As a student assistant, your job is to make people feel welcomed and do homework while working. The atmosphere is light and friendly, and the job requires nothing heavy-duty or stressful. All you have to do is create a culture of care, be knowledgeable of work and school resources/policies, and do your homework.
Pros
paid to study
Cons
not enough hours
Engaging
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLSeptember 11, 2017
Positive Universe focused University. Deep philosophy of respect and all for one, one for all. Location in Florida is amazing! Nature abounding. People are fantastic!
it is peacful and great place for working and educating
Visiting Scholar (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLSeptember 10, 2017
it is calm and peaceful place, most of the stuff are friendly and respectful,
they are mostly responsible, the management is great
the most enjoyable part of the job is meeting and doing new exprements
Development
Alumni Affairs Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLSeptember 8, 2017
Boss was a total wack job, but overall I feel it would be a great place to work. UF is able to provide opportunities for advancement and has many areas to transfer and work within. Pay is not the best.
Outstanding place to work
Assistant Football Coach (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FloridaSeptember 7, 2017
Excellence in everything they do. Most supportive administrators that strive to be the best in everything they do. Very positive culture. Very fast paced, but most enjoyable environment.

Want to know more about University of Florida?

Ask a question
Liked it
Lead Extension Program Assistant- Family Nutrition (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLSeptember 5, 2017
Time balanced between in the office and in schools/facilities teaching. Great benefits. Nice culture and people. Most enjoyable part of job was the smiles on the kid's faces.Pay could be better.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
State guidelines
The people are great
Medical Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLSeptember 5, 2017
I feel overall, in the College of Dentistry the salaries were not very competitive with the outside world. Hard to ever get a raise since all raises contingent on the Governor the President of the University. If you want to make more money you have to try to find another job on campus paying more
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Lack of ability to advance without changing jobs
productive environment where I was given the opportunity to expand my knowledge of the medical field
Vascular Surgery Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLAugust 30, 2017
Managed patient calls, directed appropriate calls to the healthcare provider, filed patient paperwork accordingly, managed in hose office meetings, scheduled patient services.
Pros
free lunches, excellent work environment
Cons
odd hours, low (student) pay
Awesome place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLAugust 28, 2017
I enjoyed working at UF although it was a quick pace environment we also had down time with time to study if anyone was taking classes or do some online work. I really enjoyed the professionalism and the staff.
Pros
very professional
Cons
budget cuts and positions ended
Nice place to work with friendly staff, but low salary
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLAugust 28, 2017
University of Florida is a great place to work. The staff is usually very helpful and friendly. The people makes the work environment great.
As a graduate research assistant, I learned a lot and will bring all of this knowledge and experience with me once I leave.
However, the salaries are very low and not competitive.
Pros
Nice work environment, friendly staff
Cons
Low salary, bad work/life balance
UF Bookstore
Sale's Associate - Textbook Department (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLAugust 25, 2017
Working at the campus bookstore was a great first job for any students looking for part time work. Management was very flexible in letting students put their studies first.
okay place
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLAugust 25, 2017
some times may be a little tough to work but it's manageable. Some of the people are great! I love it there although I may be seeking a higher pay elsewhere.
Slow paced
Chiller mechanic (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLAugust 25, 2017
Slow paced environment that does not typically have enough work to keep you busy. Many team members lack proper training to do their jobs and lack direction and accountability.
adjuncting is a challenging path
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLAugust 24, 2017
they support you as best they can, but adjuncts have a hard time. I think I did get benefits, but I'm a little hazy on the details at this point. Students were generally pretty driven, if not wildly curious.
State of Florida Employer
Engineering Tech (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FL 32611August 20, 2017
Working at University of Florida can be FUN, large campus, sporting events. I am not saying UF is not a good place to work; I did not have a good experience - politics, family members working in same departments, preference to certain people are obvious.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Pay