University of Florida Employee Reviews in United States

Event Planning Director
Director of Special Events (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 25, 2016
I coordinated,planned and organized all special events to raise funds for breast cancer. Recruited and trained all volunteers for special events. Planned and organized all executive board meetings and events and art shows. Was responsible for obtaining auction items for all special events. Coordinated media outreach and imitative promotions.
Pros
Planning special events to raise funds for cancer patients.
Cons
Long days and nights
Top notch faculty and flexible schedule and projects
POST DOCTORAL ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 12, 2016
Enjoyed my time at UF- Go Gators!

Hardest part of the job was acquiring funding, high stress, and competition. Never felt like I could relax.

Best part of the job was the training. Always learning something new. Exciting research. Excellent facilities. Knowledgeable faculty and staff. My service contributed to humanity and society.
Pros
Flexible schedule and exciting projects
Cons
High stress environment
Resident Assistant position at The University of Florida
Resident Assistant (RA) (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 17, 2016
As a resident assistant I didn't have many set hours. I worked an average of 20 hours per week. My responsibilities included coordinating programs, individually and with my staff, planning monthly socials for community building, and mediating roommate conflict. I would be On Call on average about twice a month and I also worked at the Yulee Area desk for 4 hours per week. I learned a lot about working with other people. I believe that the hardest part of the job was helping my residents that has anxiety, depression and other mental health issues. The most rewarding part of my job was being able to help people everyday. I loved being there for my residents
Pros
Free meal swipes, flexible schedule, great coworkers
Cons
N/A
Fantastic Learning Environment
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 6, 2016
The University of Florida School of Music provided a great environment for their students' learning and growth as musicians. Students were often encouraged to explore a broader range of options regarding their individual musical and artistic talents. Graduate students had myriad opportunities for growth both academically, and as teachers.
Fun place to work
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLApril 28, 2016
I love it however I am relocating. I have worked here for over 10 years they have great benefits. The University of Florida is a comprehensive learning institution built on a land-grant foundation. We are The Gator Nation, a diverse community dedicated to excellence in education and research and shaping a better future for Florida, the nation and the world.

Our mission is to enable our students to lead and influence the next generation and beyond for economic, cultural and societal benefit.
Great Benefits, Horrible Pay, Horrible Management
IT Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLApril 6, 2016
I have worked here for the past 10 almost 11 years. In that time frame I have had management change hands 5 or 6 times and in each case that has brought new problems. I am unable to grow in the current job I am in because I am here by myself while my boss is on ADA and FMLA leave. He has been out for the past 2 years so all of the groundwork and dealing with people face to face has been up to me. I don't have enough time in a day to deal with everything that comes my way and in turn am always in a constant state of catching up with everything. I have been overall unhappy with this job since about 2011 and it seems to get worse every year.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Stifling interactions with faculty, staff and management
Florida Agriculture and Information Retrieval System
Database Coordinator FAIRS (Former Employee) –  Gainesville FLMay 26, 2016
Database Manager for collection and delivery of extensive library of Agricultural Information to Florida County Extension offices and Agricultural Research Centers. System software was custom and delivered the information (textual as well as images) daily in a period of time prior to "Web".
Effective lessons
Lead Referral Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 19, 2016
Typical work day would be peaking to patient's and insurance companies as well as the physician
Every insurance company has their policies and procedures for approvals
Management had a great character
Staff were really caring
Having to not have an answer for a patient at that moment
Keeping constantly busy
Hardworking Team Who Saves Lives of Children With A Rare Diseasse
Program Coordinator, UF GSD Program (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLFebruary 21, 2016
It is rewarding to work with a team who supports a doctor who treats a rare disease, and works well together. I talk with the patients, and interact with the medical side of the team to do my job. It is amazing to speak to that mother for the first time who has found a doctor who actually understands her child's disease and who now has hope. The hardest part is that our doctor does such a good job that I have to turn away new patients.
Admissions Office
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMarch 1, 2016
Working at the University of Florida, Office of Admissions has been a great experience. We provide exemplary services to enhance students' academic and personal success. Having great customer is the mandatory for this job, because we deal with different types of students. The workplace is very professional.
Pros
Professionalism, resources, customer service
Cons
high volume of students
Great place to work, Top Graduate Facility, Most award winning place of employment, Great activites
Custodial Worker (Former Employee) –  GainesviileJuly 15, 2016
I enjoyed my time at UF. The environment was great. The most fun on any job, I every had. The student life was very pleasing. The flexible holiday schedule was the best.
Pros
Best diverse culture
Cons
NA
Meeting scholars from the world opened my horizons.
Research Fellow (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLFebruary 2, 2016
I spent the happiest three summers of my life at Gainesville Center for African Studies.The Center brought scholars from all over the world to take advantage of the resources of the Africana Library, which was US State Department supported. It was there that I met such luminaries like Governor Richardson of New Mexico and many others.
Pros
Moonies provided us with free lunches
Volunteer/Student position
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 4, 2016
Learned more about background research, complex neurological tests of consciousness, and questionnaire and thought experiment design. Often worked independently under instruction. A valuable and challenging learning experience.
Operations, Manager (Current Employee) –  Hialeah, FLJuly 7, 2016
Great team, awesome benefits. Working for UF is phenomenal
Patient flow is heavy
building needs renovations
most medicaid plans are accepted
they treat people with respect
great customer service focus
Benefits
Cons
Not any
Not helpful preceptors
Student (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 7, 2016
They do not teach. You have to watch online classes and guess your answers with no guidance. If you call someone they will tell you to call someone else in the distance pharmacy program. The videos are what teach you basics
University of Florida Baseball Camp Instructor
Baseball Camp Instructor (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 21, 2016
During my summer experience at the University of Florida baseball camp we had baseball players from all around the state of all different ages wanting to learn more about the game of baseball and teach them life skills along with fundamentals. During our days the players and camp leader would organize games early in the morning and we had to set everything up. I was involved in checking in players, putting them in their groups by age, and teaching them fundamentals. I also took kids to tour the University athletic areas such as weight room, locker room, and nutrition office. The management was great and very helpful if us players had any issues with the kids. The hardest part was getting the much younger players to comply and listen at times due to excitement and being around a bunch of other kids. The most enjoyable part was watching the kids have a great time, meet new people, and experience the University of Florida how us baseball players experienced it every day.
Great place to get an education!!
Student Assistant Coach (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 28, 2016
Graduating from the University of Florida was one the biggest highlights of my life. It was an amazing 4 years and I learned so much about myself and what I truly want in the years to come.
internship
Student (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 15, 2016
work for my graduation thesis. Learn how to use Ansys Fluent and improve my knowledge in fluidinamics. the hardest part of the work was learning numerical methods , but after studying it start to be very fun.
Fun and enlightening expereince as a Stagehand
Stage Hand (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJanuary 31, 2016
Usually the job requires to move around heavy objects and setting up the stage with my other co-workers, who are quite pleasant to be with. The only difficult part is the heavy lifting which by itself is not very difficult, but it was also rather enjoyable as an exercise.
Working for the University of Florida College of Dentistry has been very exciting. The students treat the employees with respect.
Senior Clerk (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLDecember 14, 2015
The Team Leaders treat the assistants well also.They acknowledge your strengths.Challenges you with an open mind. You learn a lot.
Pros
Team leaders give awesome gifts year round. They let you know how much you are appreciated.
Cons
The management is a major problem. Look forward, to having supervisors who does not work in the clinics.

4.4