University of Florida

University of Florida Employer Reviews

Overall great experience
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLMarch 27, 2015
-Interesting people
-High level of academic research
-Great educational background
-Located in an amazing place.
-Easy day-to-day life.
Data migration
Data Analyst (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLMarch 23, 2015
I had been given few courses which had to be migrated from one management system to another. I had converted lot of courses and had the opportunity to work with a mammoth of data. Interestingly, I had the opportunity to work directly with the client on regular basis.
Great working environment
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLMarch 20, 2015
A great place to work and learn that exemplifies its goal of being a top 10 university. I would recommend it to those interested in becoming Entomologists.
Great introduction into IT
Application Developer (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLMarch 14, 2015
Pros: relaxed atmosphere, great co workers, outstanding management
Cons: lack of learning environment
This is a groundbreaking area if you had never been in IT before, like me. I was always good with computers, just never desired to pursue the career feild. I was introduced into the functional workings of a Data center, network engineers, and various areas of IT.
Excellent team and working environment
Lifeguard (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLMarch 10, 2015
It is an excellent working experience as a lifeguard within such a great team. RecSports offers flexible schedule due to our school schedule and the supervisors are awesome!
A great place to spend a career
Director of Instructional Services (Former Employee), Located in the College of PharmacyMarch 6, 2015
Pros: north central florida close to both gulf and east coast and orlando attractions
Cons: not always the easy to find a parking place. use public transportation if you can.
The University of Florida is an excellent place to gain an undergraduate degree or proceed towards any number of post graduate degrees. It also a great place to work as a staff member. The benefits are great and the location is wonderful.
I assisted real research in computer vision. I love what I did.
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLMarch 4, 2015
Pros: learnt a lot coding skills.
Cons: salary for assistant was a little bit low.
Although the project I participated in was about transportation research, data, nearly 8T video, were mainly (pre)processed by me. I coded a lot and was happy to learn new structures and even new language. Actually, I used to use C/C++ in computer vision but learnt JAVA when I did the job.

To face new problems and to find out the solution was the most enjoyable part to me while to focus on one task for a relatively long time was somewhat difficult. The good thing is this work trained me a lot on this aspect.

Since I was the only assistant on that project, I did not have a co-worker. But my advisor / boss did help me a lot and we had a very good time to cooperate.
it is ok
Postdoctoral Associate (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLFebruary 9, 2015
it is ok, weather is nice and people is nice.I enjoy the weather most.
I like the natural environment. I see many gators. It is fun.
GIS Technician (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLFebruary 3, 2015
The University of Florida offers a great work environment. It can be hard to deal with the bureaucracy when trying to get anything done that involves administration.
Relaxing place to work
OPS Assistant (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLJanuary 27, 2015
I have been affiliated with the University of Florida on two separate occasions. Currently, I work as an OPS assistant reconciling grants. I have enjoyed being able to improve with working on Excel.
Research Scientist (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLJanuary 25, 2015
Great weather and nice people all around the town.There are lots of great restaurants where you can have food from various countries.
Great learning experience
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLJanuary 20, 2015
Peer learning has been the important part. Good Management and excellent peers help me to enhance my technical as well as management skills. My role includes managing the admission system and student record information system and developing new web based tools which eases and manages the operations of Department.
Not terrible
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLJanuary 15, 2015
UF likes to screw its grad students by assessing colossal fees every semester. However, there is free health insurance for students and a reasonably vibrant intellectual environment.

If you can find a good advisor then you will probably have a decent time in Gainesville, despite it being a cultural backwater.
Very unique job opportunity. I was very pleased with all the skills I learned while working there for 2years
Lab/Field Technician (Former Employee), Wimauma, FLJanuary 14, 2015
Learned a great work ethic.
Very thankful to have had the opportunity to do such a unique job.
Most enjoyable part of the job was working with the inmates as part of their rehabilitation process
An anti-intellectual University
UF Waldo W. Neikirk Term Professor (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLDecember 29, 2014
Pros: not much
Cons: most everything
I've worked here now for 25 years and I've never seen a University go downhill so fast.
Excellent University to study
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLDecember 17, 2014
It is excellent University to study, the professors are more professional and knowledgeable.
Good benefits and time off, large variety of positions
Assistant Director (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLDecember 8, 2014
UF is a pretty good place to work - hours for most positions are normal (8a-5p), benefits and time off are good and since the University is so huge, you have a large variety of departments/entities to choose from when applying (and moving around job-wise).
Great working environment
Graduate Assistance (Former Employee), FLDecember 6, 2014
Supervisors are willing to help any time. working times are also flexible, you will learnt alot from Professors.
Good level of organisation for teaching such a big course.
Teaching Assistant and Tutor (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLNovember 26, 2014
Pros: free pizza and drinks during the exams, yeah
Cons: basically none
I was one of 18 TA's for a Stats course that was taught to over 2000 students(per semester). It didn't require more than 10 hours/week:
MWF I would teach one lab(50 minutes), grade all the labs(about 2-3 hours) and had tutoring hours 3 times a week. Plus during exam days each TA had to proctor and take care of their part of students and that was organised pretty smoothly:
- All of the TA's would gather in a room with pizza and drinks;
- Listen to course instructor talking about basic rules of proctoring;
- Each TA leaves to their respective rooms to proctor the exam.

Favorite part of the job - probably the "performance aspect" of teaching labs. Material was not that hard so it was more of a pleasure than a hustle to explain it to students. And it was good to get some teaching experience under the belt.

There was not that many difficulties with that job, grading was a little monotonic, but that's about it.

So overall a pretty balanced environment and a well managed course.
Interesting working environment
Aerobiologist (Current Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 4, 2014
Given the multi-cultural melting pot the University of Florida is, no two days are ever the same. Although the work in general may be within the same classification, the cultural aspect of whom you work with on a day to day basis is what makes working at UF so interesting. The science being performed here is unbelievable but it's the ability you gain from being able to understand the science from different backgrounds and views that makes the experience here.

1 2 3 4 5