University of Florida

University of Florida Employer Reviews

I wish I would have staye in my first position
Administrative Specialist II (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLApril 28, 2014
Pros: culture, people, security, benifits
Cons: pay, room for advancement, not many chances to fail
Over all UF was great! the only reason for me leaving was because of the pay.My second position there was not so Great, Left wishing I was not ambitious and looked for a job that paid better and had room for advancement. i would have been better off.
Awesome School
Fuel Cell Research Assistant (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLApril 25, 2014
I greatly appreciate my study and life spent in University of Florida. Chemical Engineering here is a awesome program, I met great people and enjoy my stay here.
A good school for Master's degree
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLApril 23, 2014
1. nice climate;
2. professors are highly professional;
3. students are very nice;
4. courses are good at least;
Very good people to work around and exciting research opportunities
Research Student (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLApril 12, 2014
Pros: funding, variety of research projects and the people
Cons: no bad things to say at this point.
The culture of my research group was a very positive vibe. The people were very open and discussion was very ethical. The University of Florida has many possibilities with research because of the variety of disciplines they offer.
Good
Project Assistant (Current Employee), GainesvilleApril 9, 2014
Nice experience with actual distillation column. Got to learn important functioning of flow meters.
Home of the Gators
Assistant Director of Business Services (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLApril 7, 2014
Pros: job work/life balance, healthcare
Cons: col increases (lack of)
The Assistant Director, Business Services Division is an operations management position that assists in the management of over $70MM in annual sales revenue through contracted food services, vending and bookstore operations at the fifth largest university in the US.

The position develops and implements strategies for strategic purchasing including – more... the administration and management of vendor and contract administration of a large and multi-disciplinary purchasing program.

The position also administers and manages procurement, vendor and contract administration, process and policy development and implementation and related activities of a large and multi-disciplinary purchasing program procurement, spend analysis and contract management program. – less
Good place
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLApril 6, 2014
Several learning opportunities, leading scientists. Several research facilities available.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLMarch 27, 2014
Pros: great view from the office, flexible hours
Cons: low pay - only paid hourly for grad ta!
Working as a TA at UF was my favorite job ever. The work was very satisfying and I had a great relationship with my manager. Five Stars!
It is called Office Politics
Cashier/Office Assistant (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLMarch 26, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits package.
Cons: not always being able to avoid the office politics.
This is one of the worst experiences I have had with Office Politics. A lot of gossip about one another and petty jealousy. The job, however, was a great experience as far as patient contact and ease of doing the work assigned. I loved being away in my booth and talking to people. I also enjoyed the experience of working with programs such as Excel – more... in the office when I was able to do so. – less
Complete Package
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLMarch 23, 2014
Offers plenty of resources, insight, activity, for a curious and motivated mind.
Very Good
Master of Science (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLMarch 15, 2014
Very good place to gain knowledge, I learned a lot of knowledge about swine nutrition and immunology, also I obtained skillful lab techniques there
Researcher
Researcher (Former Employee), MultipleMarch 11, 2014
good place to work
people are friendly
learned a lot
highly recommended
Extremely competitive and stressful but learned much.
e-Learning Support Services / Help Desk (Former Employee), Academic TechnologyMarch 10, 2014
Pros: access to all of the latest technology
I was able to use all of my degree skills in technology in my continued progressive job description and duties.
I continued my education concurrently while employed as well allowing me to utilize and practice newly mastered tasks.
Piezoelectric Bimorphs and Energy Harvesting
Undergraduate Researcher (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLMarch 4, 2014
Tested piezoelectric Bimorphs made out of PZT to harvest energy around the D33 pole.

Developed more efficient to harness energy and minimize loss via resonance.
A major educational instution with a strong focus on leading research
Computer Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLFebruary 26, 2014
As a major University, UF is always working to provide for student needs, but there are always departments such as mine, the Department of Research, which focus most of it's attention on providing for the administration's needs. We provided all forms of computing support for all aspects of managing the research process.
The work environment was supportive – more... and understanding of employee needs within the provided guidelines. – less
A nice place
Master Degree Student (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLFebruary 20, 2014
It's located in a warm states: Florida
almost everybody is friendly.
there are a lot of place for summer activities
Rescpectable place for an internship
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: good experience, hands on experience with patients, easy hours
Cons: hard to get good letter of recommendation due to absent supervisor
Typical day would consist of greeting subjects, setting up EECP machine and strapping subjects in, calling and scheduling new subjects, taking medical histories of subjects, assisting PhD students with drawing blood, pipetting blood and spinning it, labeling and freezing plasma samples. There is a lot of down time in this internship. While the PhD students – more... were ok to work with, the supervising PhD is usually absent and is not aware of your day-to-day activities. This makes it difficult to obtain a good letter of recommendation after the internship. – less
Working at an event venue was very exciting.
Assistant Business Manager (Former Employee), Gainesville, FlFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: free concerts, sports, fundraisers
Cons: very long hours, no appreciation for dedicated work ethics.
My over all experience of working with the University of Florida was very enjoyable and educational. I was able to to advance my positions and received excellent training and knowledge. The management aspect within the departments is a bit on the rough side and the Administrators should have more training in how to manage people.
Cover Letter
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLDecember 7, 2013
4. Data Entry and Basic Computer Skills
Most of my other skills are about dealing with people, but I have some customer service skills that are about things I need to do for the company. In nearly all cases, I was trained to know how to work with some sort of computer program that needs me to record data about my call. Moreover, I can type quickly so – more... that customers do not have to wait, and I do understand the basics of using a computer and software so that I can properly perform my job.
5. Understanding Human Psychology
While everyone is certainly different, there are commonalities among us as human beings. For those who take the time to study at least some basic psychology, the job of helping people over the phone is much easier to do. This can often help me defuse tense situations and anticipate what a customer wants before he or she verbalizes it. I fully acknowledge that this is one of my many skills that can impress customers and my superiors alike. Furthermore, I did take many classes in human psychology as an undergraduate.
6. Basic Acting Skills
The fact is, sometimes in order to maintain professionalism, I know that I am going to have to put on a mask of friendliness and concern. This does not mean I am attempting to deceive anyone for a nefarious purpose as I am naturally a cordial and empathetic individual, but it is important for me to know how to keep my calmness and professionalism in both stressful, problematic, and ambiguous situations. Therefore, even if a customer's malevolent attitude is irritating , it is not appropriate to act irritated. Therefore, I have basic acting skills that can help me present certain information in a more cheerful and upbeat tone, make sure my body language and facial expressions convey what I mean to say and generally help me to get into the mindset I must be in so that I can do my job well. This skill also helps me to get through various awkward situations, such as staying calm and poise even when I am being insulted by a customer. – less
Young leading the young
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLDecember 1, 2013
Pros: fun
Cons: low compensation
Great atmosphere with staff. Lots of opportunity to interact with all levels of management. Engages regularly to maintain high level of satisfaction with employees.

University of Florida Photos