University of Florida Employee Reviews

Great but needs some improvement in moral
Dispatcher Police (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMarch 22, 2017
Very stressful job, not worth the salary. The training is great and getting better. Management is friendly. Lots of overtime available, never enough coverage or enough dispatchers during hectic situations, and when mistakes do occur because that is the nature of the beast management comes down hard instead of being constructive. But great coworkers and great law enforcement officers.
Great Place to work with fun people
Videographer (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMarch 22, 2017
I love working here! The people are great, the work is enjoyable, and I got to gain so many skills working with all kinds of production equipment. I've gotten to do a lot of studio recording, field recording, and a lot of green-screen production as well. The management is great and we have a very interactive and fun office environment.
AWESOME PART-TIME JOB (if you aren't in it for the money)
Language Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMarch 21, 2017
The ELI is a FANTASTIC place to work if you don't really need the money. The culture, people, and experiences you have working there are so special and valuable that it really is tough to beat.
Pros
People, culture, experiences
Cons
wages
Fun place to work if you like animals
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMarch 21, 2017
UFCVM is a great place to work as far as culture and experience go, but wages and compensation probably lag behind fair market value. Would definitely recommend.
Pros
Animals, people, culture
Cons
low wages
Good, stable workplace but with low wages.
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMarch 21, 2017
The workplace and the people are generally good, the wages are probably significantly beneath free market value, especially if compared to a larger city.
Pros
Stability, Experiences
Cons
Low wages
Bad place
OPS (Former Employee) –  Balm, FLMarch 19, 2017
I loved working but the other employees made bad on you so you would leave. They care more for there students then the hard working employees that dont even get s thank you
Extreme learning wonderful
Student (Former Employee) –  FloridaMarch 19, 2017
Way too expensive than other online schools.....our counselor does not give actual cost and teachers never know the answer to kinetics questions...the best of them are retired.
Great people
Marketing and Communications Intern (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMarch 19, 2017
Overall was a positive experience. Had an incredible internship where I was able to take on a lot of responsibility and make crucial decisions. 10/10 would recommend.
Loved working for UF!
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMarch 16, 2017
UF is so great to their graduate students, and this position was funded through the university for teaching purposes. It was a fun place to work and the experience I have gained while working here was invaluable.
Fun experience
Biomedical Research Technician I (Bioinformatics) (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMarch 13, 2017
This was my first job out of college and I learned so much in my research lab. Ended up getting published from it and took away many technical skills, memories, and education.
A place where gators are energetic, athletic and passionate
Graduate Student (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMarch 12, 2017
The University of Florida is a wonderful place with fabulous natural landscape, comfortable subtropical climate, and fantastic alligators around the campus. Here you can obtain the most advanced library resources as well as various sports facility and passionate instructor who would like to help you.
Pros
Excellent sports facilities, patient professors.
Cons
Less career fair related to Horticultural Science related majors
Great Learning Experience and Team Efforts Daily
Coordinator, Administrative Services (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMarch 11, 2017
I worked with the University of Florida for thirty-three years, most of that time in the College of Medicine, Office of the Dean, Personnel Section. I also spent two years in the College of Nursing and Shands Teaching Hospital at the beginning of my employment which all at the time was a part of UF.

I loved my job, management and the workplace culture. I learned everything administratively an employee could learn and had great supervisors, mentors who helped me climb the ladder from a Clerk Typist I, retiring from UF as a Coordinator, Administrative Services. I started out making less than $7,000 a year in 1972 and left making $80,000. I thank God for how he Blessed me on the job and when I became a Supervisor/Manager, I did the same for people entrusted to me.
Pros
benefits, leave, pay, promotibility
Cons
parking and parking cost
Great benefits, co-workers were great
Senior Clerk (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMarch 10, 2017
I have held a variety of clerical positions at the University of Florida. I began as being a Secretary Specialist for the Department of Engineering in I believe 1984. I next worked as a Word Processing Specialist for Admissions and later worked as a Senior Clerk for the Registrar's Office in 2004. People generally worked well together as a team to provide excellent customer service and benefits were excellent.
Pros
Healthcare, retirement, flexible work schedule
Cons
low pay
Product and growing environment
North East District Computer Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMarch 10, 2017
Working at UF - IFAS has allowed me to expand my knowledge and skills in ways which I would not otherwise have been able to.
The culture of the workplace is one which is family-oriented, and promotes a group efforts through consolidation of services.
Good experience
Undergraduate Researcher / Intern (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMarch 7, 2017
I worked in a lab as an intern as part of college credit. I learned a lot and picked up a lot of skill that are relevant in the lab. I even was able to get a Publication out of it
Great school
Producer/Editor (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMarch 7, 2017
Fantastic learning environment, great mentors and professors. I have learned alot about Adobe Premiere Pro as well as camera work, lighting, sound and live radio. I feel very equipped to find a great job once I graduate in Fall 2017.
great for my first job
Assistant Venue Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLFebruary 28, 2017
not a ton of money, but that's not why you work at a university. if you want to be surrounded by college kids 24/7, it's perfect.
Great independently-managed work
UF OPS Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLFebruary 27, 2017
UF's lab assistant positions tend to be great for those who have odd schedules but can mange their own time well. Lab managers or leading professors provide you with work training and deadlines and then mostly leave you to your own devices. As long as the requested work is completed on time, you could come in to the lab at any hour. Great for learning to set your own deadlines as well. Depending on the lab you work for, you might work with other lab staff or on your own.
Pros
I got to work by myself, Not having to rely on others except direct superior for necessary inventory/tools
Cons
I got to work by myself, Some long work periods in isolation could be boring if you prefer interactive work
Great way to increase skills of conduct, thought and idealism
Band Member (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLFebruary 27, 2017
This organization is not paid. It is simply a voluntary time commitment for around 360 students at the University of Florida. We all love what we do. We work in the sun for 14 hour days during band camp, and up to 20 hours a week when there are games. The students involved are motivated, dedicated and beyond hardworking.
well diverse opportunity in healthcare
Executive Director/Administrator (Current Employee) –  UF HealthFebruary 26, 2017
oversee and operate a Pediatric infectious disease department supervising medical staff- MAs and Nurses, office/fiscal staff, and multi-disciplinary team providing services to children and adults diagnosed with HIV/AIDS. The program includes primary care and mental health services to its population served in the community. Services are offered at multiple sites in Jacksonville including Daytona Beach.
Pros
Positive outcome with a varies funding sources and working with several Physicians
Cons
challenge of medical services for non-compliant patients with this target population

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Florida. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4