University of Florida

University of Florida Employer Reviews

Great learning experience, extremely helpful professors and staff
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLJuly 8, 2013
A typical day consisted of organizing the lab when a little when I got to work. Then I would ask the graduate students if anyone needed help in particular, if nobody did I would get to working on a previous task I was working on. If I didn't have much to do I would work on homework until someone needed help, but I was pretty busy most of the time I – more... was in the lab. All the co-workers were very helpful and I learned a lot about working with actual physical systems and the precautions that need to be taken. – less
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLJuly 5, 2013
regular work hours, nice co-workers, wonderful working environments
N/A
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLJuly 2, 2013
UF is a great place for student to learn new knowledge and build up their network.
Good Place To Work
Database Manager (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLJuly 2, 2013
Flexible Hours, Family Friendly, Low Salary, Lots of Sick and Vacation TIme
Sr. Laboratory Animal Technician (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLJune 26, 2013
Great place to work untill you reach leadership levels. Policies make it impossible for you to deal with problem employees.
My work days at University of Florida
Division Secretary (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLJune 25, 2013
Pros: great people, and great place to work!
Cons: i was laid off due to a budget cut
I worked independently as an Administrative Division Secretary to the Hospitalist Division, back up Secretary to the PICU division, daily patient billing/coding for the Hospitalist team, General Division (In-house/Outpatient), as well as the Assistant Professor, Program Director of General Pediatrics, the Sr. VP, Professor for the Department of Pediatrics, – more... and the 2 Pediatric Chief rotation Residents. Created monthly block schedules for the residents, and post/update the On-call schedule. Created and updated daily billing sheets and with daily patient census sheets. Updated monthly local contact sheets with local doctors for the Hospitalist doctors. Coordinated monthly block schedules to post onto the on-call system. Scheduled sedations for the sedation team and coordinated with the MRI department and bed admissions. Prepared travel, scheduled appointments, created Itineraries, coordinated meetings and doctor calendars, transcribed letters for the sedation team and the division, created billing invoices for the PICU and PPST division, created spreadsheets and various documents, ordered supplies, supervised student OPS workers – less
Pefect
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLJune 25, 2013
Have the chance to study in Univ of Florida is the best in my life. I learnt a lot not just in knowledge but also in every field of my life.
Teaching Assitant is easy job, low pay
Teaching Assistant for Aerospace Senior Design (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLJune 23, 2013
Pros: low work effort
Cons: low pay
Make your own hours, only 4 required per week. Tuition is covered, plus small stipend on top of that. Students may not come in for help some weeks, leaving you time to do your own research or homework.
OPS Clerical (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLJune 23, 2013
Great company to work for. There are many opportunities to advance in the company. Since I've started, I've gained so much knowledge that will help further my career. A typical day would be dealing with patient charts, reimbursing travel, processing invoices. There are many ways that knowledge can be gained on a typical day. My coworkers are great people – more... to work with. – less
Excellent place for students and professionals
Research and teaching assistant (Former Employee), Gainesville, Belle GladeJune 22, 2013
I completed my Ph.D. in environmental sciences at University of Florida majoring in Soil and Water Science. During this time I was a research as well as a teaching assistant. My research project focused on ecological aspects of the wetland ecosystem of the Everglades in South Florida. During this time I was elected the co-vice president of the students' – more... body at the department. Probably the most challenging aspect of my graduate career was to manage my roles as a researcher, a teaching assistant and all my responsibilities in a timely manner and with efficiency. I have learnt that proper planning of responsibilities and communication with supervisor is key to a successful structured program. – less
New department
Receptionist (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLJune 17, 2013
Pros: good atmosphere.
Cons: no parking any place on campus without a high priced decal.
This was a temporary job fill in for someone on leave. It was a new department to go up and needed someone to help set it up.
Department of Medicine - Largest Department at UF
Office Manager (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLJune 12, 2013
I have enjoyed my position at UF for the last 6 years. I currently have a staff of 4 that I supervise and I am responsible for over 900 employees in the Department of Medicine.
I was responsible for teaching an upper-division lab under the tutelage of the department supervisor.
Microbiology Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLJune 8, 2013
I was required to create and grade lab quizzes and tests as well as teaching students proper microbiological techniques, including PCR, ELISA, gel electrophoresis, and proper culture creation.
Productive and fun place in a vibrant community
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLJune 3, 2013
It was a great place to nurture young minds while I pursued my Masters in Fine Art.
Love it
OPS Clerk (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLMay 25, 2013
I had the best learning experience here. I had the best supervisor and co-workers.
productive and eventful place
hospital tech (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLMay 23, 2013
its a very eventful place you never know whats going to happen.
Great
Seneior Research (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLMay 23, 2013
Was a great few years, the graduate students and professors were helpful.
Challenging project and Hard work to handle it
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLMay 21, 2013
I learnt a lot of the experimental side of working on fuel cells. After attending class I would spend my evening in the lab working on getting the characterization results for our catalyst samples.
Knowledgeable and meaningful experience
Musical Entertainer (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLMay 19, 2013
Knowledgeable and meaningful experience .Led over 150 campus tours to potential students and hosted UF Presidential events. Learned leadership and conflict resolution skills.
Great benefits and pay
Registered Nurse Specialist (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 9, 2013
I had the privilege of working autonomously with a small crew of 3 other people. My job consisted primarily of interviewing study participants and collecting specimens pertinent to a longitudinal research project. It was a great opportunity to build rapport with both staff and study participants. UF offers a great benefits package and excellent pay.