University of Florida

University of Florida Employee Reviews

Great institution for higher learning
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLOctober 12, 2014
I worked for one of the best professors in the chemistry department at the time. The lab had excellent equipment, and my peers and advisors taught me a lot and were quite fun to work with. It was a great experience that provided me the foundation for my career.
Great work environment
Senior Health Support Tech (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLOctober 10, 2014
Pros: great environment
Cons: only temporary
I was able to develop my skills in research and work with different individual within healthcare.
Great atmosphere for a student
Graduate Research in Molecular Dynamics (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLOctober 7, 2014
Professors are really nice and are vested in making sure you do well
fun place to work
CUSTOMER AMBASSADOR (Former Employee), gainesvilleOctober 1, 2014
Pros: fun place, friendly managers
Cons: short breaks
winn Dixie is a great place to work with friendly co workers and great managers to help you learn the art of customer service I couldn't complain. the hardest part was to mop the entire store. the most enjoyable part of working at winn Dixie was the customers.
Helpful job for both workers and customers
UF Veterinary Staff (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: amazing co-workers
Out of all my jobs this was by far the most rewarding. Although it was a volunteer job I was happy to go in a six o'clock and stay till six to seven until all the customers had left. During this job I learned how to interact with customers in a pleasing and effective way. We helped the people along with the animals they brought in a long lasting way.
Herbarium Technician- Work Experience was okay.
Herbarium Technician- Plant Mounter (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: earn experience while studying toward degree
Cons: short breaks
I loved working at the herbarium. My pay was fair and I enjoyed the laid-back attitude. My one qualm with working for University of Florida is the administrative department. My position was a work-study position, and my funding ended. Despite several letters of appeal made by my manager, I was not able to get that funding back.
Fun environment that provides for continuing potential to learn
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLAugust 6, 2014
Very educational environment, great atmosphere and people to work with.
I absoulutely love the travel industry!
Centralized Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 6, 2014
This was by far one of my favorite jobs. It was fun, fast, and my co workers were amazing.
Challenging and rewarding time
Grad. Research Asst., Mat. Sci. and Engineering (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLJuly 29, 2014
Pros: great department, great town for young people
Graduate school experiences are highly dependent on college, department, and advisor, among other factors. My experience was extremely rewarding because I was in a well-run and -funded department working under a challenging and fair mentor. I got to learn from and work with great colleagues and gained laboratory responsibility and experimental latitude with experience.
Office Manager (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLJuly 24, 2014
It is a great for a pension and benefits. The hardest part of the job is finding someone for training. That is the biggest thing that needs to be corrected ASAP.
UF MSE
Facilities assistant and basic IT (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLJuly 21, 2014
The workday is 8-5 M-F. My position is a contract position but I like to give as much help to professors and students as possible. I find if I show I show a genuine interest in others needs, I can establish a stronger professional relationship. Working in adverse condition is a challenge. Persevering and having mind over matter is the key to completing a task. Accomplishing my work and contributing to a positive day is rewarding.
Microbiology lab teachers assistant
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLJuly 10, 2014
Pros: experience with lab equipment
Cons: no pay
Worked in a microbiology teaching lab helping undergraduate students while working with a graduate student TA.
Not Diverse
Financial Services Assistant (Former Employee), FloridaJuly 10, 2014
Pros: nice enviroment
Cons: pay
I do not have much to say regarding this position. It was a temporary job. People were nice, but they did not hire a diverse group of individuals.
Research is important to farmers
Research Coordinator/Farm Manager (Former Employee), Live Oak, FLJuly 9, 2014
The farm conducts research for farmers that they can benefit from the results.
Excellent Research Facilities
Researcher (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLJuly 3, 2014
Dynamic, hardworking, intelligent work environment. Colleagues are very friendly and helpful; collaboration is highly encouraged by the faculty.
Excellent Place to study and play
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLJuly 2, 2014
It make me relax, I enjoy the campus life! Lots of nice people, good sports facilities make University of Florida an comprehensive college
Great Advisor and Excellent Experience
Ph.D. Candidate, Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLJune 30, 2014
Excellent experience and great work environment. Learned alot from working here.
Great environment
Turfgrass Science Technician (Former Employee), Jay, FLJune 27, 2014
Work was enjoyable and so was the co workers management was great and easy to get along with
Good !!
Part time lab assistant (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLJune 26, 2014
It was a part-time job as IT assistant in a molecular pathology laboratory.
Great environment
Senior Biological Scientist - Vector Entomology (Current Employee), Lake Alfred, FLJune 26, 2014
Pros: lots of vacation
Cons: stagnant salary dictated by the state
University of Florida is a great place to work. The research environment makes every day a little different, not routine at all.
The PIs are smart and hardworking, I have learned much from each of them.

University of Florida Salaries

IT
$49,788 per year

University of Florida Photos

Me with Albert & Alberta at graduation
Me, working at the Gel Electrophoresis station.
Gator Baseball