University of Florida Employee Reviews

Great place to work.
Fiscal Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLSeptember 29, 2017
The University of Florida is a great place that provides excellence in teaching, research, scholarship, and service. It also has great benefits and opportunities.
Grad Assistant in Engineering
Teaching Assistant, Dept Mech Eng (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLSeptember 28, 2017
I fully enjoyed the time teaching classes but recognized I was not a career academic so I left for full time employment following graduation. The environment was good in that it was stable, the courses offered and curriculum required were consistent and the idea of helping others following the path I took was rewarding.
Pros
College hours
Cons
College pay
immediate supervisor was great, but upper administration is corrupt and unethical
ASSISTANT/ASSOCIATE DEAN OF STUDENTS (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLSeptember 25, 2017
They scapegoat lower level employees for poor decisions they make. The place was great for a while but in the last two years of new leadership it has become very corrupt and cutthroat. Good people have been let go without good cause and have been trashed in the media for no good reason while bad people still have their jobs.
Great work environment
Student Archivist (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLSeptember 24, 2017
The University of Florida Special Collections is a great working environment where I was able to learn a lot and develop new, important skills for future jobs
Enriching educational environment and incredible workplace
Instructor of Record- Visual Arts (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLSeptember 22, 2017
I grew so much a a graduate student and valued my experience as an Instructor of Record in the School of Art and Art History. I would highly recommend this program to other artists.
Laid back, collaborative, assistive atmosphere.
Instructional Designer (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLSeptember 21, 2017
Excellent! Flexible scheduling, modern technology, high-level software and tools. There are four teams in my department, with Team Leads. Everyone jumps in to make certain everyone has what they need to be successful.
Exciting place to work
Interim Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLSeptember 21, 2017
Great place to work while developing exciting new instruments from scratch with Engineers from the electrical, mechanical, Optical and software disciplines.
Pros
Interesting Work
Cons
No comment
Big happy family
ACCOUNTING COORDINATOR III (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FL 32608September 21, 2017
I would say the University of Florida is a good place to work if you lived in Gainesville area. The advancement for employment is really good. I worked there for more than 10 years and I don't have much to complain.
Pros
employment advancement
Cons
parking
Great experience.
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLSeptember 18, 2017
I enjoyed my time at University of Florida. I left the position because I relocated to Boston, MA. Overall, it was a positive experience and it introduced me to working with the elderly population.
Consistent
Infant Toddler Developmental Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 18, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to work with children and families. Every day is different and fulfilling getting to help others and make changes in people's lives.
Excellent benefits
Interim Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLSeptember 16, 2017
The University of Florida has a fantastic benefits package. When you first begin, you already earn over 4 weeks of vacation plus 3 weeks sick leave plus 10 paid holidays plus the 4 days between Christmas and New Years.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLSeptember 15, 2017
Great place to work as a research student. Research advisor takes takes keen interest in your work and guide you through your thesis. I would recommend this place for a master student.
Could be steady, but numbing
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Innovation HubSeptember 14, 2017
I know lots of people who have worked at the University for decades and were really happy there. It's not tremendously stressful for the most part; folks get sort of regular cost-of-living raises. On the other hand, if you are ambitious, it can be VERY political and you may have to jump around departments a bit to advance as a non-faculty member.
Pros
pretty chill
Cons
boring
Productive and relaxed work culture
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLSeptember 14, 2017
As a student assistant, your job is to make people feel welcomed and do homework while working. The atmosphere is light and friendly, and the job requires nothing heavy-duty or stressful. All you have to do is create a culture of care, be knowledgeable of work and school resources/policies, and do your homework.
Pros
paid to study
Cons
not enough hours
Engaging
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLSeptember 11, 2017
Positive Universe focused University. Deep philosophy of respect and all for one, one for all. Location in Florida is amazing! Nature abounding. People are fantastic!
it is peacful and great place for working and educating
Visiting Scholar (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLSeptember 10, 2017
it is calm and peaceful place, most of the stuff are friendly and respectful,
they are mostly responsible, the management is great
the most enjoyable part of the job is meeting and doing new exprements
Development
Alumni Affairs Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLSeptember 8, 2017
Boss was a total wack job, but overall I feel it would be a great place to work. UF is able to provide opportunities for advancement and has many areas to transfer and work within. Pay is not the best.
Outstanding place to work
Assistant Football Coach (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FloridaSeptember 7, 2017
Excellence in everything they do. Most supportive administrators that strive to be the best in everything they do. Very positive culture. Very fast paced, but most enjoyable environment.
Liked it
Lead Extension Program Assistant- Family Nutrition (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLSeptember 5, 2017
Time balanced between in the office and in schools/facilities teaching. Great benefits. Nice culture and people. Most enjoyable part of job was the smiles on the kid's faces.Pay could be better.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
State guidelines
The people are great
Medical Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLSeptember 5, 2017
I feel overall, in the College of Dentistry the salaries were not very competitive with the outside world. Hard to ever get a raise since all raises contingent on the Governor the President of the University. If you want to make more money you have to try to find another job on campus paying more
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Lack of ability to advance without changing jobs