University of Florida Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and highly functioning multifaceted environment.
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 14, 2015
• Worked with customers in various inside and outside agencies and hospitals to resolve differences and to insure procedures (radioactive implants, surgical therapeutics, external beam radiation), and other therapies were completed without incident.
Related well to/and supervised an administrative pool of 4 people.
Knowledge of office procedures and practices and hospital/clinic policies.
Proficient in Medical Terminology.

The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with the different personalities of our customer base and the great team moral of my coworkers.

Everyday was a learning experience as you never knew what challenges would present themselves.
Enjoyed my co-workers
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLSeptember 16, 2015
Very stressful place to work. Hired several managers who were not familiar with the system and they would implement things that would not work and then blame the employees.
UF is good employer with good benefits being a state organization, see below
Forest Scientist (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLApril 5, 2012
Working for the University of Florida is a great way to learn what the leading minds in their respective fields are thinking.

For me, working on the forest research project is a great experience because it allows me to utilize some of the skills I learned in college and throughout my career as an environmental consultant in both north and south Florida.

The pay is decent, but below private industry, the benefits are better usually since it's a state job. All is all a positive experience.
Pros
per diems, paid hotels
Cons
nothing worth mentioning
Learning Environment
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLAugust 9, 2015
This position was at first a volunteer position I work with a graduate student for a year and a half then I needed some help to pay for classes and my professor helped me to pay for them. I would calibrate flowmeters, build frames and record data from experiments conducted.
Very rewarding and a satisfied feeling of accomplishment of helping families even doing phone calls.
Medical Secretary/Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 8, 2015
Working at University of Florida with children with Autism and related disability is a challenge and rewarding experience. The family that we serve are so appreciative of the work we do for their children.
Although it maybe a long waiting list to see patients we involve the families in other services and activities to help with the distress with their children.
Pros
Making someone smile.
Cons
Family Wait list
A great place to spend a career
Director of Instructional Services (Former Employee) –  Located in the College of PharmacyMarch 6, 2015
The University of Florida is an excellent place to gain an undergraduate degree or proceed towards any number of post graduate degrees. It also a great place to work as a staff member. The benefits are great and the location is wonderful.
Pros
north central florida close to both gulf and east coast and orlando attractions
Cons
not always the easy to find a parking place. use public transportation if you can.
AWESOME Workplace
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLAugust 24, 2015
I was about to help past, current, future students at the University of Florida. Also, I was about to assist Faculty & Staff too. I had one of the best Supervisors. I enjoyed my co-workers!!!
Pros
Staff Development
Cons
Office Setup
It is called Office Politics
Cashier/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMarch 26, 2014
This is one of the worst experiences I have had with Office Politics. A lot of gossip about one another and petty jealousy. The job, however, was a great experience as far as patient contact and ease of doing the work assigned. I loved being away in my booth and talking to people. I also enjoyed the experience of working with programs such as Excel in the office when I was able to do so.
Pros
excellent benefits package.
Cons
not always being able to avoid the office politics.
Good
Economic analyst (Former Employee) –  GainesvilleSeptember 4, 2015
Everyone is friendly and helpful. It gave me a lot of opportunity to get access on entry level data analysis, financial analysis and economic analysis.
Great on-line program
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLAugust 9, 2015
An innovative and highly regarded on-line Masters Degree program that prepares students for the real world. Run by a supportive team that make teaching in this program a truly rewarding experience.
Warm, Beautiful and Gators
Post-doc Associate (Current Employee) –  GainesvilleMarch 30, 2015
University of Florida is one of the largest public Universities. Although Gators and Gatorade takes the lion's share of its popularity, it does have excellent research to not-so-bad research labs. Some of the buildings are very old and there are no windows which makes it hard to completely appreciate Florida's weather or it's greenery, for some its even depressing and had to take therapy. People are always smiling if not they will be jogging, some of them do both. You have all amusement parks closeby and can have a weekend getaway if you have kids. You definitely don't have to worry about compromising your social life as its warm all-round the year you can party as much as you want, which makes it a popular destination of old well established rich senior professors from ivy leagues to retire in UF....:). Viva Gators...chomp..chomp.
Pros
Year round sun
Cons
No white christmas
great place to work, pay could be better
Statistics Consultant (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLApril 29, 2015
great place to work, pay could be better, but great benefits. The commute can be a bit of pain, but you get tons of holidays.
Learning place
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Immokalee, FLJuly 12, 2013
Every day has new challenge.
Opportunity to work under pressure and learn how to be effectively productive under adverse circumstances.
Management is just ok.professional attitude of the co-workers and pleased to work as a team.
Work not appreciated
research based laboratory develop interest.
Pros
opportunity to learn beyond the limits of the position and bebefits.
Cons
chances of promotion are negligible
Data migration
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMarch 23, 2015
I had been given few courses which had to be migrated from one management system to another. I had converted lot of courses and had the opportunity to work with a mammoth of data. Interestingly, I had the opportunity to work directly with the client on regular basis.
The Union was the hub of the University's activities
Internal Review Accountant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLNovember 9, 2012
I enjoyed working at UF, the benefits were good and so was the work environment and my co-workers. The work was interesting and fairly routine.

I enjoyed the production for the financial statement and account reconciliations.
Pros
diversified cliental, quiet place to work, had my own office so i was seperated from the activaties
Cons
micro-management
Productive, educative
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLApril 11, 2015
Like it very much, not much pressure during work. The environment was perfect and the salary is reasonable. Colleagues here are very helpful and warmhearted.
Great be a TA
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLApril 18, 2015
The fun part of this job is I can communicate with so many different students because they all have different personalities and stories. At same time, I also have to know how to handle some conflicts. The hardest part of this job is I have to have really strong background knowledge of every experiment and there are 12 different experiments and be able to explain their questions very well. I learned a lot from this job and I love to do it again if I have a chance.
Pros
Sometimes have free pizza and the best TA awards
Great learning experience
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJanuary 20, 2015
Peer learning has been the important part. Good Management and excellent peers help me to enhance my technical as well as management skills. My role includes managing the admission system and student record information system and developing new web based tools which eases and manages the operations of Department.
Worst work experience of my life
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  UF & Shands, Jacksonville, FloridaAugust 30, 2011
Dept of Emergency medicine; Very unprofessional administrative management; high turnover of administrative workers; retaliation for telling HR the truth. Terrible administrative supervisor allowed by upper management to harass employees.
Cons
unrealistic work load, low compensation, harassment

Comment – June 15, 2012

AMEN , AMEN, AMEN

Comment – June 18, 2012

AMENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!

A good university
Posdoc Associate (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJuly 8, 2015
It has a beautiful campus with grasslands everywhere.

The employees in College of Medicine are very diligent in their work and try their best to generate reliable research data.

4.3