University of Georgia Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Pretty good internship
Olympic Sport Strength and Conditioning Intern (Current Employee) –  Athens, GASeptember 19, 2017
Can help you on your way to a job in the S&C field. Gained valuable experience coaching with a variety of DI sports. Very long hours and no compensation or guarantee of a job once completed.
Very productive and fun place to work.
Education Program Specialist (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Athens, GA 30602September 18, 2017
Enjoy what I do and a great benefit to the community, however, the pay scale for most positions at the University (aside from professor and/or associate professor) is very poor.
Pros
Lots of academic and community benefits
Cons
No benefits for Part time employees
Open environment with options to transfer within.
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAAugust 29, 2017
I enjoyed working with the University! The pay is not very impressive but the benefits soften the blow. I would recommend taking the opportunity to become involved with this institution if possible.
ASSOCIATE ACCOUNTANT (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAAugust 29, 2017
Please communicate with you employees. The future of the administration staff is up in the air on the direction in which it is going. Everything else is wonderful.
Uga it worker
IT Professional (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAAugust 24, 2017
I have been with the university for four years and love it. The climate and people are fantastic and the help you can get with issues you can not figure out is incredible. The give you the week between christmas and new years paid leave without having to use your own leave. You get great benefits like full retirement after 30 years, football tickets, discounts places, ect. There is always room for advancement and your options for training and schooling are endless. The ONLY downside to working here is the pay. I get paid 40k a year, and in atlanta and even other jobs in athens i can make 50k+. I stay simply for the retirement, no other company is doing retirement like they are anymore.
Pros
retirement, flexible schedule, benefits
Cons
pay
Graduate Assistant at UGA
Teaching Assistant, Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAAugust 21, 2017
University of Georgia is the first public higher education institute in the country and I am pleased and proud that I did my education there. I learned a lot in the cs department and have tackled challenging real world problems during my phd studies.
great organization to work for
Part/Full Time (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAAugust 18, 2017
I was a student worker in the Horticulture Dept. Plant Tissue Culture Laboratory and found it to be a great learning experience. They worked with me on my class schedules and made allowances for any schedule conflicts that arose.
University of Georgia
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAAugust 17, 2017
UGA is a great place to work, multicultural and open-minded environment.Great job-personal life balance, lots of resources for career advancement.Cutting-edge facilities.
Opportunity to earn an advanced degree
Research Intern - Kinesiology (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAAugust 16, 2017
The University of Georgia has allowed me to pursue a Masters degree in Kinesiology, through support from graduate assistantships. I am excited to begin and continue working with University of Georgia as I pursue Master and Doctoral degrees.
fun and eventful
Building Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAAugust 15, 2017
I absolutely loved working for uga. you never knew what was going to be the entertainment the next day. I worked in the freshman dorms and they definitely kept us entertained
Outstanding climate and energy
Professor (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAAugust 14, 2017
Excellent location, high energy university in an incredible town. Lots to do and see; great sense of community. Friendly city and supportive employer, opportunities for advancement, great supportive leadership.
Excellent work environment
Laboratory Technician III (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAAugust 13, 2017
Excellent work environment to start a scientific career. Requires ability to mentor others. Diverse culture. Ability to grow and improve academic and scientific knowledge.
Pros
Flexible work culture
Cons
poor pay
A great research university
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAAugust 4, 2017
Very few places have as competitive a work environment as UGA. Great lecturers, fantastic students and an absolutely ideal learning avenue. Take the plunge, you won't regret it
Best culture
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAAugust 3, 2017
UGA has a great international culture and friendly environment. Graduate students are working together and helping each other. Unfortunately, there is a poor management.
Pros
culture
Cons
management
facilitator
Facilitator of SAAF Program (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAJuly 10, 2017
Working with the public helping kids and adults this was a great experience I facilitated groups which helped them with problems that they faced on a daily basis
Pros
working with different people
Cons
seasonl position
Great Temp Job
Clerk I (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAJuly 9, 2017
Great pay for a temporary position with small work load. Very friendly environment. Great management. Worked on a data entry project which I expected to hate but actually enjoyed.
N/a
PA Announcer for Men's Tennis & Women's Volleyball (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAJuly 5, 2017
It was a very enjoyable time. Great, hard-working and committed people who truly love what they do. It is a great place to begin as a stepping stone for future careers.
Clueless HR Department, Directors/Leaders Inexperienced
Public Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chatham County, GAJune 15, 2017
After working with UGA Extension, and now simply a Georgia taxpayer, all I can say is the taxpayer is NOT getting it's money- and quality-worth with the University. There was NO accountability, it was all about office politics (and there was a lot of lying, showing up to work late, insubordination and insolence).

Regardless of having University-wide policies to uphold and follow, there was no consequence for blatantly breaking them, or having outside vendors break policies. Facility leadership and upper management (including those IN ATHENS) did nothing about it, denied it, etc. even with years of documented complaints and evidence.

Again, as a mere taxpayer now, I will request to my state legislators and the governor that line-item funding for Cooperative Extension be cut drastically. I'm also contacting my county commissioners to voice my disgust with the money-pit and incompetence this branch of the University has revealed itself to be.
Pros
Benefits (but since it's paid with my taxes, it's screwing me/us over!)
Cons
NO accountibility, life-long career employees, good ole'boy/gal
Fun Job!
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJune 9, 2017
I really enjoyed working as a Program Assistant. I was able to do a variety of exciting events and worked with students from 5th grade through 12th grade. I helped plan curriculum that would be taught in the classroom and coordinated events that would take place within the county and state. I also served as an adult leader at summer camp.
Nice people to work with!
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAJune 7, 2017
I worked as a bus operator. I went through paid training that last a couple of weeks. I was drug-tested and also received my CDL/class A driver's license after passing the test (that they train you for and also pay for). It's pretty independent work and you don't have to really see or communicated with co-workers if you don't want to. They are all really great people to work with though and made me feel very welcomed! You learn some pretty cool skills driving a bus and also learn a lot of the transit system and the campus. I don't remember exactly what I made per hour after training but it was around $9-$10 an hour.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Can be a little stressful at times