University of Hartford

University of Hartford Employer Reviews

Productive environment
Lab Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), West Hartford, CTMay 27, 2014
A typical day at work: I would come in early to unlock the drawers for the students and set up the lab. Then I would walk the students through the experiment, let them know of specific safety hazards then they would do the lab and I would walk around checking up on them.
great people great place
Staff Accountant (Former Employee), West Hartford, CTMay 23, 2014
its a terrific place to learn the tricks of the trade, they are very inclined to teach you the employee as well as the student
Intimate learning experience
Student Researcher (Former Employee), West HartfordMay 15, 2014
A lot of freedom to decide the direction you want to take

your project. Assistance from an advisor with a PHD and

significant industry experience is always promptly available.
Work Study Job
Computer Lab Monitor- Engineering Department (Current Employee), West Hartford, CTMay 9, 2014
• Open and close computer lab on time.
• Maintain cleanliness of workspace.
• Set up desktop’s for incoming students.
Not a bad experience
Preceptor (Former Employee), West Hartford, CTMay 7, 2014
Precepting offered many unique challenges and allowed me to develop my leadership, public speaking, and organizational abilities.
Bloated Administrative salaries
Professor (Current Employee), West Hartford, CTApril 22, 2014
Pros: med size private university
Cons: low faculty salaries
Faculty salaries are way below market, almost 30% below compared to similar Universities.
high energy, enthusiastic workplace
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee), Hartford, CTFebruary 12, 2014
This job was very fun because I got a chance to help kids improve their basketball skills on a fundamental level, and also show them real team work.
Productive and active enviroment working with fun people
Graduate Admission Assistant (Former Employee), West Hartford, CTFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: free seminar pass
Cons: health care
Nice environment.Friendly management people.
fair compensation.
Flexible work hour
An establishment of higher educational
Student Administrative Service Center (SASC) (Former Employee), Hartford, CTJanuary 16, 2014
The knowledge I acquired over my four years at the University changed me as a person. It broadened my horizons and expanded my thought process. The work environment was amazing, and the Doctorates that taught me were intelligent beyond my understanding. They seemed to possess a knowledge of everything. I learned quickly and efficiently, the intricacies – more... of biology and chemistry in a way that was geared towards me. – less
Great environment
Research Assistant (Former Employee), West Hartford, CTJanuary 12, 2014
Great atmosphere to work in. The academia is very great to be a part of and the work environment was very balanced. There was proper guidance and opportunities for personal growth.
Productive and Conservative work environment
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), West Hartford, CTSeptember 25, 2013
Pros: encourages networking, ethics and liberalism
Cons: short breaks, health care.
A typical day at work is interesting. Everyone basically knows what is expected of them and this allows for a productive work environment.

My job has improved on my communication skills and along side exposed me to some news ideas and work culture in the american environment, which seems to be more liberal yet productive.

The management functions – more... with an open door policy, which encourages mutual respect and courteously welcomes opinions and suggestions from employees. collectively is highly emphasized.

My co-workers are a combination of graduate students like me and also full time university staff, they are pretty supportive, nice and yet focused. it is entirely a wonderful experience working with such amazing people. It feels as though i am part of one big family.

The hardest part of my job is getting accustomed to some of the new softwares that i have to work with. I am making remarkable progress so far with those.

I enjoy every part of my job and work environment. However, the most enjoyable part for me is the flexibility. Being a graduate student, flexibility is very important to me. I appreciate the fact that I am able to work for hours that fit perfectly into my class schedule, thereby creating a balance and giving me more study time. – less
Great time working with college students in late night cafe`
Assistant Food Service Director (Former Employee), Westhartford, ConnecticutSeptember 13, 2013
Pros: working with students
Cons: late night shift
What a learning experience.
Branded Pizza Cafe`
Student labor of 20
Working with opening and closing deposits
Very down to earth community; comfortable work environment.
Model (Current Employee), West Hartford, CTJune 13, 2013
Students and Professors were very respectful and their humble attitudes made them very approachable.

Management is a little tricky, as this job is not of a consistent nature and you are likely to be scheduled to model only once or twice or sometimes not at all.

The hardest part of the job was sitting on a chair for 20 minutes at a time; you get sore – more... after the first five minutes.

The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the students' drawings of you. – less
Fun Experience
Event Programmer/Publicity Chair (Former Employee), Hartford, CTJune 2, 2013
Pros: meet performers at annual concert, free stuff
Cons: 8 hrs/week
This was by far my favorite job that I've had so far. I was able to gain experience in planning events with my peers for the university students and make money doing it. I would recommend this for anyone looking to get involved on campus.
management of MBA Program and administrative work
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), West Hartford, CTMay 25, 2013
Pros: in office work
Cons: culture
• Managed university website and worked on content management system
• Practiced MBA Manager’s responsibility on his departure practicing complex organizational skills
• Formulated and controlled admission and recruiting process which improved the credit registration
statistic by 30%
• Coordinated inter departmental activities
Great School.
Student Television Network (Former Employee), West Hartford, CTMay 16, 2013
Provides hands on programs which help students become prepared for the real world.
Good work environment
Research Assistant-Lead Data Collector (Former Employee), West Hartford, CTApril 16, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
People had their eyes on their goals. A fun research environment with plenty of opportunities to join research teams.
An institution with passionate professors and administration that care for your success.
Mechatronics, Senior Project (Current Employee), West Hartford, CTApril 12, 2013
A learning environment that has transformed me from a student into a young professional.
Great to help students learn and grow
Computer Science Tutor (Current Employee), West Hartford, CTMarch 4, 2013
My day as a CS tutor usually involves assisting 3-5 students with their programming assignments. Its never anything to complicated but I enjoy getting to help people with their studies. I have found that it is a nice way to keep up on my programming skills, specifically in Java and Visual Basic.
Work Study
Building Manager (Former Employee), West Hartford, CTJanuary 15, 2013
I love my school and I loved working for them. My supervisors were amazing and I love the events I had to cover.