University of Hartford Employee Reviews

Great Place
Grad Assistant (Former Employee) –  CampusJune 15, 2017
Great place to work, I enjoyed the campus, the culture and my coworkers. Students really look to learn. It excels in many many ways. Again, great place to work.
Its a good place to work
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMay 10, 2017
I enjoyed working here and all the staff are very co operative also along with studies there are lots of extra curricular activities to relax and rebuild our energy to work.
Positive and relaxed environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  200 Bloomfield AveMay 2, 2017
• Provide excellent customer service to parents and students by answering questions and resolving complaints.
• Greet people as they enter the office.
• Perform administrative duties such as scanning documents, typing Word documents, updating Excel spreadsheets and photocopying.
• Maintain documentation of University’s residential keys and keep work area organized.
Flexible
Lab Supervisor (Current Employee) –  West Hartford, CTApril 18, 2017
Work is very flexible. They allow you to put school first before work. The Supervisor is very nice and understanding as well. I would recommend working here if you are attending school.
Average
Visiting Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  West Hartford, CTApril 17, 2017
The pay is not good, I worked all the summer and the compensation was not good the job is not under Union,
Otherwise good facilities for the labs, but there was so much money shoratge
Public Safety
Public Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  West Hartford, CTApril 11, 2017
Working with the students keep you entertained. Great co-workers, management can be a bit difficult if you get on there bad side. The bad part of this job is the completion of reports.
Pros
summertime vacation because there is no class in session
Cons
forced overtime
Clean
LIFEGUARD (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMarch 9, 2017
A clean environment with a flexible schedule that allowed me to work and continue my studies to graduate on time while making some money. I appreciate my time there.
Pros
Clean
Busy, but rewarding.
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTMarch 7, 2017
RAs are never off the clock. They constantly interact with residents. Employees learn how to better balance school, social and work lives. The best part of the job is the lifelong friends one makes throughout the position. There is potential for growth, but it is moreso on a personal level than a higher status or pay raise.
Amazing
Computer Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Hartford, CTFebruary 13, 2017
Amazing environment to work in, students are always focused on doing their assignments. Usually very quiet but at times the area may be empty and the lab may close early.
Works around class schedule, very convenient
Technical Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Hartford, CTJanuary 15, 2017
Working as a student technician at the Wilde Auditorium/1877 Club has been very convenient for the fact that I can work around my class schedule and homework.
Enjoyable Work, not treated with much respect
Student Employee (Former Employee) –  West Hartford, CTDecember 15, 2016
There have been some very enjoyable projects that have been made available as a student. However, the pay is always minimum, and for the most part administration does not want to be bothered and assume incompetence. Very hard to communicate.
Great opportunity for students
primary electrical lead on the project (Current Employee) –  West Hartford, CTNovember 10, 2016
The project was a great opportunity for engineering students to gain experience within the multiple engineering disciplines while providing necessary field specific guidance to the project.
I enjoy academia very much.
Student (Current Employee) –  West Hartford, CTNovember 7, 2016
The university of Hartford has enabled me to better understand basic theory's related towards the civil engineering field and has helped me with my skills in interacting with people.
accomodating
Usher (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTNovember 1, 2016
It was nice to work at the school i was attending, i didn't have to drive anywhere just, walk out my apartment and go. it was nice to work with a diverse group of people as well.
Productive and Interactive Work Place
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTOctober 25, 2016
A typical day at work would be completely hectic which would take almost the entire day. I have learned and gained a hands-on experience on CMM machining and various other machines from the metrology lab. Most importantly, I have learned time management and to interact with several individuals from different companies of the industry. The hardest part of the job was to calibrate the models in case of errors in CAD designing which took hours and sometimes days. Most enjoyable part of the job was to interact with several intellectual people and many new things which would benefit my personal skills.
Supportive work environment with valuable experience in market research analysis
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Hartford, CTOctober 7, 2016
Staff was highly supportive and focused on my development and learning through the internship. Work load could at times be overwhelming but solid organizational skills and strategic planning can ease work load. Gained vast knowledge of market research and subsequent analysis
Pros
Flexible schedule and supportive staff
My Review
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  West Hartford, CTAugust 17, 2016
Each work day is different with different challenges. May encounter different people which builds work relationships. it develop problem solving skill
Pros
team player, trainable, organized, take positive feedback, think out side the box
Cons
pay too much attention to details
good job location
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 19, 2016
Working As GA and Research Assistant will helps to improve knowledge about subject and will real time experience .
Good Knowledge about instruments
Graduate and teaching assistant (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 12, 2016
Worked as both lab assistant and graduate assistant.
The management was very good they used to handover the lab keys for security reasons.
Productive and fun place!
Red Cap (Current Employee) –  West Hartford, CTJuly 10, 2016
I enjoyed every moment working here. It wasn't extremely stressful but yet it was very serious. There was always a bucket list of different responsibilities that had to be taken care of daily, which keep me on my toes.