University of Hartford Employee Reviews in United States

Fun and never micro managed
Administrative Assistant/Coordinator (Current Employee) –  West Hartford, CTMay 31, 2016
My job at UHA is never dull and never the same. It is self rewarding and a happy atmosphere even on the most hectic of days.

The diversity of my job is what helps keep me so interested. There are many things that do remain the same, but the amount of students I deal with each day from all different countries and backgrounds is what makes the position so diverse at the same time.
Pros
People and diversity
Cons
rate of pay is low and cannot get position to be full time, although easily could use the time for work.
Fun place to work
Coordinator of Student Activities (Former Employee) –  West Hartford, CTMay 10, 2016
Overall I enjoyed working at the University of Hartford. I received a well rounded work experience in every job I had. My Co-workers were probably the best part of each job. A lot of hard work and dedication went into every job I had the opportunity to have. The hardest part of the job was trying to please a campus of very diverse students. While being a student myself it was a bit difficult being an employee as well, but it was manageable.
A Solid School
OFFICE CLERK (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTMay 6, 2016
The Hartt School provided me with many opportunities to flex my acting muscles. The teachers put a lot of care into the students they teach and are 100% present with you in the room. This school feels like a family and that same quality comes through in the way you are taught there. I learned the importance of working with others to create unique performance experiences and how to do that while maintaining healthy working relationships with co-workers. The social construct of the class will ultimately lift up or tear apart a show being rehearsed. Finally, I learned that communication is key. It is important to say clearly what you mean to say all the while conveying that message with all due respect to the person you are speaking with.
Pros
Connections Made At Hartford Stage
Cons
Some classwork/textbooks outdated
Lab Instructor, University Of Hartford
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Hartford, CTJune 17, 2016
Conducted lab sections for undergraduate courses.
Provide instruction for students to perform the lab assignments, which include demonstration of lab equipment, scopes and meters.
Teaching the basic concept regarding electronic components to the undergraduate students.
Productive and fun place!
Red Cap (Current Employee) –  West Hartford, CTJuly 10, 2016
I enjoyed every moment working here. It wasn't extremely stressful but yet it was very serious. There was always a bucket list of different responsibilities that had to be taken care of daily, which keep me on my toes.
Good Knowledge about instruments
Graduate and teaching assistant (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 12, 2016
Worked as both lab assistant and graduate assistant.
The management was very good they used to handover the lab keys for security reasons.
Networking opportunities, fun environment.
Data Consultant (Current Employee) –  West Hartford, CTJune 17, 2016
I have learned that networking and meeting new people is one of the most vital aspects of employment with any company or organization!
very work intensive and productive
Transgenic Mice Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Hartford, CT 06117May 23, 2016
Every day in the Research lab is like a day on an adventure. There is always new information to discover and new cures to find.
great experience
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJune 6, 2016
Being the secretary of the Caribbean American Student's Association was a great experience. There were many trying times but I learned alot
Parts/Service Associate
Mechanical Engineer/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  West Hartford, CTFebruary 22, 2016
Great company to work for. No longer located in Columbia, only in Ellington. Great staff and owner. Awesome benefits within the company.
Pros
Events
Univerisity of Hartford
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTNovember 11, 2015
While UHa, as it is known, has an exterior appearance of accomplishments and productivity, it's working conditions for the University's non-union staff bordered on unorganized, misunderstood ramblings of persons either unqualified to hold positions of management, or not fully comprehending exactly what was involved to complete a job to satisfaction.

Often times materials and resources required to undertake even the simplest of repairs were unavailable. Duties were assigned to various departments without basic knowledge of the department's responsibilities and purpose. Interdepartmental cooperation was non-existent, and talking to students/parents/faculty was discouraged by the various Facilities Supervisors.

Overall, the idea of working as a carpenter at UHa greatly exceeded the actual experience.
Pros
Decent Healthcare and Short-term disability insurance
Cons
Poorly-equiped, atmosphere of "Cover Yourself, toss others under the bus"
Productive, fun and enriching workplace
Student Television Network (Current Employee) –  West Hartford, CTJune 12, 2015
The setting of the Student Television Network at the University of Hartford is a very diverse and dedicated one. Everyone aims to succeed and show their best work in a professional manner. It is a great step in the direction of TV production, the news industry, engineering and much more. The organization is a great way to meet new people, learn how to work as a team, lead a team and work well with other under any circumstance.
A relaxed teaching experience.
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Hartford, CtJuly 6, 2015
A pretty relaxed setting for the growth of learning and ample time for discussion to solidify understanding of the tasks at hand.
Pros
Not a huge time commitment when paired with classes
Excellent learning community and work place.
Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Hartford, CTMarch 15, 2015
The UofH Chemistry Department faculty are the most enthusiastic, helpful, and caring group of people I have met. I was provided with excellent instruction as a student and the opportunity to work within the department as a lab assistant and instructor.
Pros
amazing coworkers, great working environment
I had productive time during the tutoring sessions
Tutor for Engineering Mechanics (Former Employee) –  West Hartford, CTJanuary 30, 2015
I met with my tutees individually at the school's library to help them understand what they learned in class. I tried to review what their professor taught them in class first then I let them solve some questions by themselves after I worked with them on a question. I love seeing my tutees when they are able to understand the topic well and work on problems with confident.
I have to plan ahead for the tutoring sessions to not interfere with my class and school projects; I have learned how to manage my time from working at the University of Hartford as a tutor.
Pros
free events
Cons
food court
Great place but very demanding
Athletic Facility and Event Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  West Hartford, CTFebruary 7, 2015
University of Hartford is a great place to work, especially in athletics. Working with the staff who share the same passion for sports is exciting. Putting on an athletic event from start to finish is great to see...putting in the long hours to make an event run smoothly from an operational stand point.
Pros
close knit department
Cons
long hours and demands
Innovative workplace
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Hartford, CTJuly 25, 2015
Cope up with team
Knowledge in efficient usage of resources
Rapid work flow
Dealing with International students
Time management
Great Learning Experience
Intern Analyst in Budget/Financial Affairs (Former Employee) –  West Hartford, CTDecember 22, 2014
An unpaid internship, that was mainly fueled to gain more knowledge of financial analysis and budget analysis techniques. Was satisfactory in teaching me different analytical software and techniques to better myself in the finance world. Sadly, as an unpaid internship it was not an ideal atmosphere. Environment is very independent, and teamwork is not stressed. Management structure is not well defined.
Highly supportive atmosphere
Graduate Student Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Hartford, CTDecember 9, 2014
The University of Hartford is a great place to learn and work. Due to its small size, it is easy to meet people and develop long lasting friendships and contacts. The school is highly accommodating to adult learners and offers many avenues for advancement in learning.The best part of the job was being able to use my creativity on a daily basis and to have a great support network in place encouraging me to reach all my goals.
Pros
highly engaged professionals who care
Cons
parking situation
Good Experiece
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Neuroscience LabApril 25, 2015
Teaching students was a great experience. It helped me interact with different students and their courses. It also gave me confidence in myself and enlightened my knowledge.

4.4