University of Houston-Clear Lake Employee Reviews

Effective and Good learner
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 30, 2017
A very Friendly environment at work with a great management and I learned lots of new technology like JDBC, JSF and Javascript. Hardest part was projects requirement gathering and most enjoyable part was project group meeting where interacting with everyone comes handy to learn and know about lots of in trend technologies.
College part time
Teaching Assistant- Advanced Linear Circuits Lab (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 2, 2017
My role is to assist the professor and also this job deals clearing the doubts of the students. Hence I can able to share my electronics skills to all the students.
Great University
School Project (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 15, 2017
Welcoming University. Professors are happy to teach, and helps students. Class timings are limited as you get to more intermediate courses.
Event Coordinator
Event Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 30, 2017
Events happen 2-3 times weekly. The planning takes awhile but when finished the end product is worth all the work. Lots of fun, different daily. Coworkers are very friendly. It's a team effort.
Great work study job
Student Worker in Undergraduate Advising (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 10, 2017
If you are going to school fulltime this is a great way to gain some kind of work experience to put on your resume. Great job overall.
Instructional Assistant, School of Business (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 31, 2016
I stayed busy while working part time as a Instructors Assistant. I did whatever the instructor needed help on to include entering grades, researching different topics etc.
Pros
hours, enviroment
Cons
nothing..made rough days
Amazing admin team, great working environment
Writing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 7, 2016
A great place to work where the admins truly care about the consultants. The student population is full of caring individuals who treat the consultants and staff with respect as well.
Good learning environment
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 13, 2016
From setting up the lab, assisting students in their coursework, trouble shooting few lab protocols to grading the exams, there was an extensive learning of skills like group facilitation, leadership, good laboratory practices, team-orientation and adaptability
cool and lot to learn
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 22, 2016
• Lead weekly lab sessions of Advance methods of biotechnology I and II, and review concepts with up to 35 students.
• Maintaining lab records and lab equipment’s
• Monitor course procedures and address student issues.
• Preparation of various cultures, Buffers and reagents required for lab.
• Isolation DNA,RNA, Proteins from plant, animal, yeast and bacterial samples.
• Protein Quantification Assays, Chromatography techniques.
• Doing backup experiments to provide results for students.
• Carrying out experiments for Professors on behalf of their research.
Pros
pretty good environment to learn
Cons
cannot stay after graduation
good
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clear Lake City, TXMarch 13, 2016
It is good place to learn. My professor is friendly. The university helped me gaining knowledge. Friendly Management and staff
Loved to assist students and work on campus
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 30, 2015
Assisting Students and clearing their question was always encouraging to me.
Grading papers was just a different kind of experience
Served as a lab assistant for UHCL.
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 29, 2015
In this job I would help students with any technical problems that they had and helped them print out their materials. I would clean up the lab every hour or two and ensure that everything was in proper order and stocked. Not the most interesting job as I had long periods of time when there was no one in the lab. The schedule changed every few weeks so I was expected to open and close the computer lab every so often. This was an okay job for awhile but it is not something that I would do in the future.
learning experience
Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 24, 2015
everyday at work was a learning experience. Very productive for my further career. The skills and knowledge gained in school and using that in real life was changing. but with the proper guidance of Dr. Rob, everything was easier.
Pros
flexible hours.
Cons
short breaks
Dynamic and diverse work environment!
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 12, 2015
Campus has such a great atmosphere and wildlife. There are really great people to work with, and very flexible 20 hours a week schedule depending on your professor. It is a pretty relaxed working environment and the support you get is awesome.
Instructional Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 6, 2015
Very good management and working environment. Provides learning opportunity to students. Professors empower students.
Excellent family atmosphere within the entire university made it a wonderful place to work. I enjoyed the resposibilites of my job.
Senior Business Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 6, 2014
Work with individuals in seven departments answering questions to enable them to work efficiently. Handle interruptions and maintain efficient in doing my required job responsibilities such as reports, meeting and budget issues. I learned to multitask efficiently.
I developed excellent work relations with management and department employees as well as with many individuals in many other departments.
The hardest part of the job was working within the constrains of mandated budget cuts.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the people and students at the university. I enjoyed participating with graduation of students by assisting students with getting caps, gowns and award ropes on to receive their diplomas.
Pros
release time for physical fitness
Cons
When budget constraints reduced student worker time to assist me.
Assisted in maintaining the Assesment Database
Database Developer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 1, 2014
• Troubleshoot the already existing Student Assessment Database for School Of Business and fix issues.
• Designed and Developed new assessment database with normalized tables in Microsoft Access.
• Worked on developing new queries.
• Worked on developing Forms and Report using access and VBA.
As a student worker in University of Houston-Clear Lake
Instructional Assistant for Accounting Professors (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 8, 2014
I worked for three Accounting professors as a Instructional Assistant in the University of Houston-Clear Lake. I worked 16 hours per week as a student worker. I assisted a professor in business computer lab classes and actively coached students in applying their accounting knowledge into complex business simulation. I designed mid-term and final examinations for another professor. I also help him to collected data and prepared analytical report for research job. In addition, I graded students’ exams, quizzes and papers and provided summary for professors' final review.

I had a better understanding of Accounting software through coaching students in the computer lab and I enjoyed communication with students. Research job was not a easy part of the job due to the heavy workload.
Company Review
Student Technician II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 21, 2014
My job consisted in supporting the graphic artist with publication content in the Digital Media Studies Lab at the University of Houston-Clear Lake. In addition to that, I managed all of the social media accounts for the School of Human Sciences and Humanities at UHCL. I also managed, updated and/or created faculty web pages for the school of HSH using Adobe Dreamweaver in tandem with their web content management system - Portal.
Pros
I had my own office.
Cons
I wish I could have worked more hours.
Fun place to work
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 15, 2014
typically busy day
learned leadership skills
amazing co-workers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Houston-Clear Lake. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5