University of Houston-Clear Lake Employee Reviews in United States

Loved to assist students and work on campus
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 30, 2015
Assisting Students and clearing their question was always encouraging to me.
Grading papers was just a different kind of experience
Served as a lab assistant for UHCL.
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 29, 2015
In this job I would help students with any technical problems that they had and helped them print out their materials. I would clean up the lab every hour or two and ensure that everything was in proper order and stocked. Not the most interesting job as I had long periods of time when there was no one in the lab. The schedule changed every few weeks so I was expected to open and close the computer lab every so often. This was an okay job for awhile but it is not something that I would do in the future.
learning experience
Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 24, 2015
everyday at work was a learning experience. Very productive for my further career. The skills and knowledge gained in school and using that in real life was changing. but with the proper guidance of Dr. Rob, everything was easier.
Pros
flexible hours.
Cons
short breaks
Dynamic and diverse work environment!
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 12, 2015
Campus has such a great atmosphere and wildlife. There are really great people to work with, and very flexible 20 hours a week schedule depending on your professor. It is a pretty relaxed working environment and the support you get is awesome.
Instructional Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 6, 2015
Very good management and working environment. Provides learning opportunity to students. Professors empower students.
Excellent family atmosphere within the entire university made it a wonderful place to work. I enjoyed the resposibilites of my job.
Senior Business Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 6, 2014
Work with individuals in seven departments answering questions to enable them to work efficiently. Handle interruptions and maintain efficient in doing my required job responsibilities such as reports, meeting and budget issues. I learned to multitask efficiently.
I developed excellent work relations with management and department employees as well as with many individuals in many other departments.
The hardest part of the job was working within the constrains of mandated budget cuts.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the people and students at the university. I enjoyed participating with graduation of students by assisting students with getting caps, gowns and award ropes on to receive their diplomas.
Pros
release time for physical fitness
Cons
when budget constraints reduced student worker time to assist me.
Assisted in maintaining the Assesment Database
Database Developer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 1, 2014
• Troubleshoot the already existing Student Assessment Database for School Of Business and fix issues.
• Designed and Developed new assessment database with normalized tables in Microsoft Access.
• Worked on developing new queries.
• Worked on developing Forms and Report using access and VBA.
As a student worker in University of Houston-Clear Lake
Instructional Assistant for Accounting Professors (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 8, 2014
I worked for three Accounting professors as a Instructional Assistant in the University of Houston-Clear Lake. I worked 16 hours per week as a student worker. I assisted a professor in business computer lab classes and actively coached students in applying their accounting knowledge into complex business simulation. I designed mid-term and final examinations for another professor. I also help him to collected data and prepared analytical report for research job. In addition, I graded students’ exams, quizzes and papers and provided summary for professors' final review.

I had a better understanding of Accounting software through coaching students in the computer lab and I enjoyed communication with students. Research job was not a easy part of the job due to the heavy workload.
Company Review
Student Technician II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 21, 2014
My job consisted in supporting the graphic artist with publication content in the Digital Media Studies Lab at the University of Houston-Clear Lake. In addition to that, I managed all of the social media accounts for the School of Human Sciences and Humanities at UHCL. I also managed, updated and/or created faculty web pages for the school of HSH using Adobe Dreamweaver in tandem with their web content management system - Portal.
Pros
i had my own office.
Cons
i wish i could have worked more hours.
Fun place to work
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 15, 2014
typically busy day
learned leadership skills
amazing co-workers
flexible and harmonious workplace
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 5, 2013
Prepare laboratory reagents and set up all the equipments for each lab research ahead, during this working experience, I lalso earnt the functions and mechanism of each equipments, such as Atomic Absorption, Gas Chromatography, Mass Spectrometer,etc. I also learnt how to pack the column for the Column Chromatography and how to make the electrophoresis, even though these parts are all quite complicated, to set up the equipments, illustrate each function, show the trouble-shooting skills, when seeing students can get all of these, it all deserves.
Working as a Teaching Assistant for Management Information Science Department.
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 18, 2013
• Responsible for assisting students with various courses like Databases: Excel, Access & Oracle, C#.NET, SAP ERP and System Analysis & Designs.
• Maintained Student Database and the online portal for Distance Students, logistical duties for students.

It is a really good experience to working as teaching assistant for MIS department.Also,we are doing different type of fun activity at job.
I'm a hard-worker, young, energetic and able to take up challenges.
Reconciler (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 16, 2013
I'm currently working for the University of Houston-Clear Lake for more than a year. I work weekday from Monday through Wednesday. I pay attention to details so I'm enjoying what I'm doing now. This is my first job which I have learned a lot. Especially, I have learned how to handle the time strain between job and school. In order to do a good job in both, I have decided that when I go to work I need focus only to my job to get it done, and when I come to class I need pay attention only to the class. That is how I handle the time strain when there is many things happen at the same time.
Fun loving place to work with!
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 28, 2013
Speaking with different people with different cultures is one thing i like about my job
Good place to learn
Teaching Assistant for Fault Tolerant Computing (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 28, 2013
working as TA is very good experience. responsibilities include mentoring and tutoring graduate students in Fault Tolerant Computing.Assignment evaluation and invigilation during examination.Best place to learn and checkback self with more questions and learn things.
Pros
work environment
Good place to learn
working as TA is very good experience,to check back self with more questions and learn things
A rewarding learning experience
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 25, 2012
As a tier one technical support specialist we would answer phone calls to help with peoples computer issues. If classrooms had equipment problems we would personally resolve them so the class could continue. We would help students access their accounts, get their laptops connected to the network, and resolve their password problems.
Over all working at the University of Houston-Clear Lake was great. Managers there were very nice, the scheduling was very flexible, and helping people was very rewarding.
Pros
the working environment
Cons
pay/benefits
good work environment, people help each other
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 27, 2012
• Performed monthly journal entries, ensure account accuracy
• Completed accounts receivable and accounts payable reconciliation
• Performed credit check when necessary
• Completed monthly bank reconciliation
• Performed monthly profit & loss reports to headquarter
• Completed monthly financial package, including all the supporting documents

4.4