University of Houston Downtown Employee Reviews

My Review
Admissions Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 3, 2015
Dealing with international student was the best because I do not know why I love dealing with immigration aspects of life.
I got the chance and ability for speak the languages I am aware of such as arabic, Urdu and punjabi.
Loved when there were senior administration guiding me through so much of knowledge I possess now.
Receptionist for the tutoring center at the University of Houston-Downtown
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 18, 2015
Scheduling appointments for students to meet with writing center tutors
Answered incoming call pertaining to tutoring center inquiries
Basic Office Responsibilities, such as faxing, copying, sending and receiving correspondence.
Pros
Located on campus where I attend school
Cons
the pay was very low as well as the hours
A very good and productive workplace.
Education Admissions Evaluator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 8, 2014
Working with students, coworkers, faculty and staff. Processing applications, transcripts, advising students and working in a fast pace environment. i learned that you are never too old to learn. Many people came back to school after raising their kids to pursue a degree. Management is always implementing new technology, new ideas, new ways of perfecting a system directed at providing quality education. My coworkers were team players. We got the job done. The job was tedious at times, but, never hard. We got the job done. We had chili cookout contests. We won 2nd place in the chili tasting contest and 1st place in theme and decorations. Who creative mine constructed this "ME"! I really enjoyed that contest.
Pros
chili contest
Cons
not enough eating places.
Proactive
Admissions Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 19, 2014
Very involved
Willing to assist others
Dealing with students personal information
Academic Computing Lab Supervisor
Academic Computing Lab Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 1, 2013
Trained and supervised 20 Computer Lab Support staff.
Provided PC, Macintosh & Unix mainframe hardware and software technical support to students, faculty & staff.
Maintained computerized record keeping systems for usage analysis, hardware/software inventory, scheduling, and payroll.
Conducted hands-on computerized training sessions and prepare software user documentation.
production worker
Information technology assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 24, 2013
First of all, congratulations on the new job. I have some good news about day one: nobody's expecting much from you. I solicited the opinions of many bosses and the general consensus was that a new employee should show up on time, ready to learn. Put my worries aside. Expectations on day one are very low. I am new, after all. That said, day one makes my first impression. It's the first time i meet people. I am going to experience the company for the first time. One day isn't going to make or break my reputation at a company, but how i handle myself over the first few months matters. There are a few things i will want to keep in mind as i am settling in to my new place of work.
Good place to work while in school
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 25, 2013
University of Houston was a great place to work becase their I was able to gain experinece and be whom I am today

I always will be recommending UHD as a good place to start you carrer
ok workplace.
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 26, 2013
There was a lot of favortism by the Director of the program. Made it hard for employees to want to come in to work. It had potential to be a success, but was hard. Didn't really like working there.
Kept you busy
Testing Coordinator/Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 8, 2012
The University of Houston Downtown was a great place to work. They kept me busy, which is something I like to be.
Pros
they offer great benefits and raises in pay
Cons
some of the people that worked with me only created problems

4.5