University of Houston Downtown

Proactive
Admissions Analyst (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 19, 2014
Very involved
Willing to assist others
Dealing with students personal information
Academic Computing Lab Supervisor
Academic Computing Lab Supervisor (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 1, 2013
Trained and supervised 20 Computer Lab Support staff.
Provided PC, Macintosh & Unix mainframe hardware and software technical support to students, faculty & staff.
Maintained computerized record keeping systems for usage analysis, hardware/software inventory, scheduling, and payroll.
Conducted hands-on computerized training sessions and prepare software user documentation.
production worker
Information technology assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 24, 2013
First of all, congratulations on the new job. I have some good news about day one: nobody's expecting much from you. I solicited the opinions of many bosses and the general consensus was that a new employee should show up on time, ready to learn. Put my worries aside. Expectations on day one are very low. I am new, after all. That said, day one makes my first impression. It's the first time i meet people. I am going to experience the company for the first time. One day isn't going to make or break my reputation at a company, but how i handle myself over the first few months matters. There are a few things i will want to keep in mind as i am settling in to my new place of work.
Good place to work while in school
IT Technician (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 25, 2013
University of Houston was a great place to work becase their I was able to gain experinece and be whom I am today

I always will be recommending UHD as a good place to start you carrer
ok workplace.
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 26, 2013
There was a lot of favortism by the Director of the program. Made it hard for employees to want to come in to work. It had potential to be a success, but was hard. Didn't really like working there.
Kept you busy
Testing Coordinator/Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 8, 2012
Pros: they offer great benefits and raises in pay
Cons: some of the people that worked with me only created problems
The University of Houston Downtown was a great place to work. They kept me busy, which is something I like to be.

About University of Houston Downtown

Applied Business & Technology Center is a self-sustaining, non-credit granting center of the University of Houston-Downtown. – Read more