University of Houston Employee Reviews

Very creative place to work in Contin Educ
Contin Educ (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 16, 2017
I was in Contin Education so we had freedom and were able to offer creative programs to develop others. I liked it a lot until manager became a micromanager so I left. very political.
Pros
freedom
Cons
politics
Productive and fun work place
C# Developer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 16, 2017
Good exposure to different sensor devices.It was a good experience in exploring their SDK. It sharpened my skills in developing software using C#. Presenting my work to bigger audience boost my self confidence
Outstanding University
Lecturer Political Science (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 14, 2017
This was the most rewarding experience of my rides Dio all career. The outstanding administration and faculty were amazing. I would happily teach here again.
Great
Information Technology Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 10, 2017
This is a great school with great people. You always get to meet new people from different places and it provides you with all of the opportunity you need.
Pros
The school itself.
Cons
None.
Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 8, 2017
Management is so friendly and job is not so stressful, Flexible timing. Will have good work life balance. Compensations/benefits are not satisfactory.
Lovely work with students.
Historical Content Analyzer, Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 8, 2017
Analyzed content with my professor of communications for her PHD assignment that she was working on. It was a paid position and a lot of journalistic practices
Pros
One on One with professor learning experience.
Cons
No cons
Fitness Room Attendant, Campus Recreation
Fitness Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Clear Lake City, TXAugust 7, 2017
Basic facility operations, opening and closing procedures. Mainly worked by self overseeing the facility. Strong member services experience required to excel.
Pros
relaxed atmosphere
Cons
no breaks
University of Houston is a great place to work for
Gift Processor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 4, 2017
I had great employees to work with. It was a fast paced work but it kept you busy all day. I would recommend anyone to work there. I was there for three years and enjoyed the work. The staff are incredible people to work with.
Great campus to work as a student
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 3, 2017
I worked as a Teaching Assistant for two semesters during my Masters program. I assisted students with the course work. For one semester, I was working under two professors and it was quiet challenging to juggle between my course work and my TA duties.
One drawback with our department was that the hiring schedule is not disclosed to the students and we are asked to report to school in a day or two during semester break
Cons
Short breaks
Learning environment
Simulation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 3, 2017
Project specific job requirements. I enjoyed working here as I had an opportunity to learn a lot. Managers and team is very friendly, helping and cooprative
Great Work Life Balance
Senior Auditor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 2, 2017
Quick paced but not stressful. Great place to work depending upon the department and management. Great workplace culture. A lot of areas for advancement within other departments.
Adjunct
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77058August 1, 2017
I worked as an adjunct lecturer. I was satisfied with my job. However, the salary was not fair. I believe if you are working as a full-time job this place will be the best place to work and grow.
Pros
Coordination between the departments
Cons
Less salary to Adjunct
okay workplace
Graduate Research Student (Former Employee) –  Department of physicsJuly 31, 2017
working as a graduate research student especially in the experimental field is mediocre. Though there are all sorts of facilities they are old and many of them are not properly operated. Anyway one can take advantage of the facilities in the Rice university.
Nice environment and helpful people to work around
Student Assistant for Admissions Office (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 29, 2017
A very well cultured environment with helpful and easy people to work around. Managed really well, flexible with students schedule, supervisors are always around for questions!!!
Good Place to work
Statistic Tutoring (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 29, 2017
I worked for less than 6 months at UHD, mostly as tutor, being in contact only with students. Not much contact with direct manager or supervisor was needed.
Multitask is a must.
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXJuly 26, 2017
Great place to work for because you learn how to multitask in a fast pace environment and learn how to be a team player. Front desk experience and event planning .
Excellent
Thesis Student (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 25, 2017
I loved to be at University of Houston-Clear Lake. Very friendly professors who helps the students in all the available means. My experience with UHCL is excellent and one of the memorable life time events.
summer camp for 6 weeks
Support Staff/Site director (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 22, 2017
Although this was just a summer job for 6 weeks i really enjoy being part of it. I have been hired every summer since 2015 . I meet new students every week. management was great. enjoyable part of the job was being able to learn the different types of STEM programs available.
Pros
learned STEM activities that i can use at home.
Cons
I got off work at peak rush hour traffic
Great workplace with good benefits
Accounts Payable Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 22, 2017
Working at the University of Houston is great, the only thing I do not like is that the pay is not very competitive. Slow process on moving up the corporate ladder.
Benefits
Cons
Salary not very competitive for staff workers
Flexible but Underpaid
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 20, 2017
My day includes walking into the classroom and delivering the topic material to students. Great interacting with students and faculty as well as being able to select the topic that relates to the class. My only complaint is that we are underpaid and not provided with enough classes as adjunct instructors. Not for the individual who wants to start a family.
Pros
Flexibility on hours and scheduling
Cons
Underpaid

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Houston. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3