University of Houston

University of Houston Employee Reviews

Second Pressman
Pressman (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 22, 2015
Pros: great company
Cons: none
Great company to work for. I learned alot working with this company I enjoyed working with the people and the environment was great.
Great benefits and networking opportunities
Marketing & Communications Assistant (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 22, 2015
Pros: Benefits, networking opportunities, professional development
Cons: Slow processes, fickle upper administration
Pros: Benefits, networking opportunities, professional development

Cons: Slow processes, fickle upper administration
best place to work
Student Researcher Assistant Intern (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 19, 2015
Had the best crew and one of the best team leaders. It's something that i would definitely recommend to anyone that's in school and needs their lab on experience
It's a good work experience.
Intramural Sports Official (Current Employee), Campus Recreation and Wellness CenterMay 18, 2015
I work along side with a great group of co-workers who are like minded like me. The time I spend at work is not too demanding or stressful.
Productive work place
Therapist Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 16, 2015
Pros: Gained very good knowledge on how to work with children with behavioral problem.
I llove that this was an educational setting, It gave me the opportunity to put theory into action. I also like the fact that the instructor was passionate about the population that we served, she made sure we treated every cleint with highest regard. She also made sure we stayed up to date with the latest literature, so we will also be able to give our best work.
Great place while you're a student
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 14, 2015
UH is a great place to work with lots of perks while you're a student.
They offer student health insurance and a free membership to the gym if you're an employee.

While you're working, you have several opportunities to take classes, workshops.
Great review of an overview of the crude oil forward and futures markets
Energy Trading Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 13, 2015
Pros: Networking and building relationships, and helping others also benefitted me as a refresher of the course material
Cons: Trying to get all of the enrolled students to learn the course material, and attempting to do the homework themselves first, instead of just automatically asking for help, and just trying to memorizing course material just to pass the course
This was a great experience and a very good review as I was required to attend the course again, but as the Energy Trading Teaching Assistant. It helped keep the basic fundamentals of the crude oil forward and futures markets fresh in my head. I actually really enjoyed tutoring and helping students out with the course material. The required weekly work hours were very flexible with my schedule as I worked another job and attended my last year at the University of Houston, for my BBA in Finance. The most difficult part about this job was trying to get the students to actually learn the material for themselves instead of just memorizing things to pass the course. I like interacting with people so that was fun and exciting to network and build relationships.
Learning experience
Office Assistant (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 8, 2015
Pros: Schedule
I am a full time student and a part time staff at the University of Houston. The work environment was great. Staff is very helpful, friendly, and understanding.
Friendly environment with soccer field
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 7, 2015
Pros: Diversity
Cons: Healthcare
I spend my time mostly with coding.
I have learned many things while working on different projects: architecture design, patterns, ORMs, MVVM, RESTfull Apps ..
My works is flexible.
My team is of 3 people, and we usually contribute to one project together.
The hardest part is to trace on old code that has been written by somebody else.
I enjoy starting a new projects, it makes me more excited to research and learn something new to utilize on it.
Productive and Software Savvy
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 4, 2015
Pros: many events and free t-shirts
Cons: menial salary
Great place to work and with menial salary you could enjoy the benefits until your degree is finished. A typical day would be starting from 8:00 am and end at 5:00 pm . Pretty self reliant and satisfying job. No great daily challenges. Manageable work.
Good Position
Adjunct Professor and Instructional Designer (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 3, 2015
Pros: Great People and Resources
Cons: Long Hours
I would have never left if I hadn't graduated.It was a wonderful and fulfilling experience to work for the university. I hope to be back in this environment someday.
Fun Place to Work
Tutor (Level 3) and Supplemental Instructor (SI) (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 28, 2015
I work as a tutor for the Student Success Center. I enjoy the flexible hours and easy-going culture. The pay is a little low, but still decent for someone working through college.
Great place to work.
Customer Service Technician (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 22, 2015
I Greet customers, answer questions, and resolve minor issues; Serve as liaison between customers and staff; supervise daily activities of customer service counter, data entry and work flow; input information into applicable databases. Great place to work. Flexible scheduling. Supervisor is accommodating.
Good for while you study
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 20, 2015
I worked with my department while I was a full time student. Very understanding to time restraints and encourages self-development.
Dietetic Intern
Dietetic Intern (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 17, 2015
Currently I am in a supervised dietetic internship program to attain my RD. This internship is clinically focused and fast paced. It is unpaid, which is related to a low score rating on compensation/benefits.

-Typical work hours are between 8-10 hour days 5 days a week with volunteering on weekends.
-5 rotations sites; I work with a variety of different people with different job titles and skills. Rotations change about every 4-5 weeks.
-The hardest part about the job is constantly changing work environments. There is not a lot of opportunity for a learning curve.
-The most enjoyable part about the job is having the opportunity to learn a variety of skills sets hands on.
Productive environment
Research Associate (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 10, 2015
Pros: helpful advisors
Cons: Student body is non cooperative
It is a fine school to work for, however the salary is low. The advisors are helpful as long as you do their work. The days are full as you are usually overworked and the co-workers are non-cooperative.
Innovative and Great Co-workers
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 2, 2015
My job has work to be done in an innovative way, which keeps me interested in the work and gives me lot to learn. I have the opportunity to work with multi-cultured people in my work place where I am able to learn different cultures and mingle with them.
Great Institution
5th Grade Assistant Teacher (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 1, 2015
Pros: Great casual workplace
Cons: Management was allowed to do as they pleased, little checks and balances to prevent abuse of power.
This is a large institution so your experience will be determined by which college you are governed by. A typical day consisted of working with students and office personal to ensure the education process was streamlined and students needs were met. I experienced much micromanagement by supervisors.
Job life
Facilities Supervisor (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 1, 2015
Pros: diversity
Cons: crime rate on campus
This is a great place to grow in ones career. Great core values and mission. Team work is strong and leadership is fresh. All of my coworkers work well with me and I enjoy being a leader for our maintenance teams.

I spend 60% of my day delegating and managing projects. and 40% at the desk completing paper work, and communicating with stake holders.
Research oriented University
Instructional Assistant (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 30, 2015
Good work life balance. Employer is really cool. Understands his employees (who are current students) and gives them enough time to learn things.

1 2 3 4 5

About University of Houston

Founded in 1927, the University of Houston is the leading public research university in the vibrant international city of Houston, – Read more