IT Technical Associate (Database Administrator) –Information Technology Services
Location: University of Illinois Hospital and Health Sciences System
The University of Illinois Hospital & Healthcare Systems is seeking an Information Technology Technical Associate (Database Administrator) position for the Information Services department. The incumbent will be responsible for Cache’ and Oracle database administration, including set up, tuning, and support of a variety of databases. Research new technologies and associated equipment to perform assessments for implementation within the infrastructure. As part of the team design tools and automated features to improve efficiency of departments on Campus. Troubleshoot technical problems associated with applications, network connectivity, and/or hardware issues. Monitor database environments for continual availability, high performance, and security. Participate in the design, development and implementation of infrastructure for database high availability and disaster recovery. Identify process improvements, automate deployment tasks, and promote innovative solutions to common business tasks. Develop custom scripts to automate various database management processes. Assist in Defining and enforcing database standards, best practices, methodologies, processes and procedures. Design and develop reports and handle ad-hoc data requests. Install, configure, and integrate third party applications and tools as needed. Provide support to critical production systems on Campus. Identify, troubleshoot and resolve database issues. Troubleshoot database and application errors.
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications
1. Any combination totaling two years from the following categories:
a) Progressively more responsible work experience in IT-related profession
b) College course work in Information Technology (IT), IT Management, or a closely related discipline, as measured by the following conversion table or its proportional equivalent:
- 60 semester hours or Associate’s Degree equals one year
- 90-120 semester hours or Bachelor’s Degree equals two years
2. Experience in Database Management
- Bachelor’s Degree in any field.
- Oracle DBA Certified with Cache’ experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a Database Administrator
- Experience with Cache’ and Oracle Database Server or Microsoft SQL Server, Structured Query Language (SQL), SQL Server technologies, Sybase.
- Experience with performance monitoring and tuning using statspack and database management tools (such as OEM/GRID Control).
- Experience with enterprise level backup and recovery.
- General understanding of technology infrastructures.
Basic knowledge of computer operating systems (Windows, UNIX, or Linux) and networking concepts (IP address, VPN, firewall, etc.).
Interested candidates please submit a cover letter and resume to the email address indicated:
through the close of business on Thursday, February 28, 2013. Please reference Job Code: H55221 and the position title in the cover letter and email.
UIC is an AA/EOE.