University of Idaho Employee Reviews in United States

Detail-oriented workplace mixed with efficiency
Painter (Former Employee) –  Moscow, IDJune 4, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed the work I performed here. A typical day began with a morning meeting about what job sites were to be painted and what the expectations of our team would be. We would spend time cleaning equipment/supplies if required. My co-workers and management were good, honest people with a drive to set reachable goals.
Pros
Monday through Friday schedule
Cons
N/A
Research Assistant
Research Assistant -Urban Planning (Former Employee) –  Moscow, IDFebruary 9, 2016
Researched and presented zoning code audit for the city of Colfax, WA. Researched historical and cultural aspects of potential biofuels refinery sites in the Pacific Northwest for federally funded Northwest Advanced Renewables Alliance.

Management and colleagues were great.

There is a steep learning curve for newcomers on the project.

Best part was researching potential biofuels sites and getting to present zoning code audit to the City of Colfax planning and zoning committee.
Pros
Good pay!
Cons
Steep learning curve
A new experience
Associative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Moscow, IDMarch 28, 2016
Since I have mainly worked in food service and/or retail for my entire career, it was nice to work at a receptionist job that was a completely different pace. I learned a lot of new skills I had never practiced before, and the people I worked with were lovely.
Pros
great staff, good pay
Reasonable
Team Cleaning Specialist (Former Employee) –  Moscow, IDFebruary 17, 2016
I really can't say much. I worked here on workstudy for a short period of time so I don't believe my experience there is representative of a regular employee.

The school was flexible with my schedule and allowed me plenty of time to complete coursework.
Cleaned dorms
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  University of IdahoJuly 12, 2016
I went to school to expand my horizons and learning capacity here where i studied accounting. School got too expensive so I had to drop out. I was a cleaner during one summer.
B-squad...
Coordinator for Student Conduct (Current Employee) –  Moscow, IDApril 12, 2016
A wannabe landgrant-flagship university in a stone age state led by amateurs and scarier than amateur peeps. I'm looking forward to change.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Sucky pay
Safe and informative workplace
LAB TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Moscow, IDJune 5, 2016
I learned how to preserve and identify varying species. Logging data and a lot of use with excel. My co workers were great.
Good summer Job
summer design staff (Former Employee) –  Moscow, IDMay 23, 2016
Held a professional environment. Met lots of different people and experienced what it was like to work with a variety of team mates.
no oversight from superiors
equipment maintenance (Former Employee) –  Moscow, IDFebruary 17, 2016
easy part time schedule very flexible hours no workday plan of responsibilities no shop area always outdoors even in winter
Pros
no set hours
Cons
lack of supervision from superiors
Easy job.
Grader/TA (Former Employee) –  Moscow, IDMarch 23, 2016
Nice job for a student. Time consuming but easy work to make a few extra bucks. Would recommend to fellow students.

Only lasts a semester is one downfall.
Pros
Easy.
Cons
Time consuming.
Respectful and appreciative scientific environment with highly cooperative staff.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Moscow, IDJuly 3, 2016
Assisted in the planning, assembly, execution, measurement, analysis and interpretation of a variety of micro and molecular biological experiments. Ordered, categorized and stored a large selection of lab equipment, chemicals and biological agents. Learned proper safety and handling techniques for maintaining sterile environments and disposing of bio-hazardous materials. Expanded on pre-existing skills in data entry, management and reporting (both written and oral). Co-workers were all informative and friendly, explaining advanced concepts in understandable terms. Hardest part of job was understanding advanced biological concepts and performing precise procedures to ensure correct and efficient experimental results. Most enjoyable portion of job was the satisfaction of completing complex and lengthy tasks and obtaining large amounts of valuable data.
Pros
Experience and knowledge gained in a scientific field, specifically a laboratory environment.
Cons
Required very precise and attentive measurements and procedures, or days worth of work could be ruined.
Daily substitute teacher
Financial Assistant (Former Employee) –  Moscow, IdahoOctober 5, 2015
Teaching K-12 has been a great experience for getting to know students from all areas of Toledo. These are great children, with potential and skills.
A typical work day consist in following teachers lesson plan. This is a difficult job considering that in very short moments I have to get to know the class, students and staff. Most important part is to get to know my students and I spend time to make sure that we introduce and get to know each other.
Teaching maths and science is my favorite, but I have taught history, geography and other subjects.
Long term strategy is poor.
Annual Giving Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Moscow, IDNovember 1, 2015
Poor long term development strategy. Management is short sighted and avoids accountability. Difficult HR process. Pay is not competitive with WSU. Health care benefit and retirement benefits are expensive compared to other institutions.
Good place to work, learned many skills
Cleaning Specialist (Former Employee) –  Moscow, IDAugust 26, 2015
I was able to give a valuable product each day as I worked on a team and was supported by everyone. I learned a lot about customer service, how to lead a team as a supervisor, how to support my team by the efforts I can give each day, learned new skills.
Pros
benefits, good wage, good schedule
Cons
poor management skills from supervisors
University of Idaho
Americrops VISTA (Former Employee) –  Moscow, IDDecember 13, 2015
I had a nice office with easy access to the University's services. My supervisor was a great influence on me and the culture helped to me progress.
can do better
Graduate Research and Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Moscow, IDAugust 13, 2015
can do better in paying well. Overall it's a place to excel and move on to higher feats. Moscow is a nice place to pursue your dreams
Pros
friendly peopl
Cons
too far removed from everywhere
Enjoyable work environment
Assistant Director of Admissions (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDAugust 6, 2015
The University of Idaho offers, a great work environment for it's employees. Everyday is a new day, with different challenges and goals.
Grad Student
Graduate Student Mentor (Current Employee) –  MoscowApril 30, 2015
I worked at a Graduate Student Mentor for a new undergraduate research summer experience in the College of Natural Resources. I learned a lot and I like that the program's goal was to promote the inclusion of under-represented minorities in the conservation workforce.
Pros
networking
Cons
funding
best work place i have ever been a part of
Intermural Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Moscow, IDApril 29, 2015
learned how to be a manager at this position
would supervise all sport programs
helped in the office with paperwork
would manage the equipment room
mange the marketing and advertising of the programs
organized and ran training seminars for officials
Radio Librarian
Radio Librarian (Former Employee) –  Moscow, IDJuly 8, 2015
This was a work study position, I was able to set my own hours. I entered data from CDs into an online catalog and sorted through the physical library to ensure that everything was where it should be.

4.2