University of Idaho Employee Reviews

Interesting Work Environment
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Moscow, IDNovember 8, 2017
I worked in the archaeology department while I was employed at U of I. I found this department very interesting, and I was constantly learning new things.
Pros
Works around school
Cons
Short hours
Educational
Student Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  Moscow, IDOctober 20, 2017
Thoroughly enjoyed my time working with the athletic training staff at the university. All very knowledgeable and friendly. Very welcoming and willing to help.
Pros
Great Education
Cons
No social life
Productive workplace that improved job skills
Nursery Technician (Former Employee) –  Moscow, IDOctober 17, 2017
Working with the university was a great place, always had wonderful experiences with the managers. It helped me improve my customer service and office management skills. Every issue was met head on but multiple people to get the job done correctly.
Pros
Lunch breaks and mid-day breaks provided
Overall great place to work
Admin Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Moscow, IDOctober 7, 2017
There are problems everywhere, and UI is no different; HOWEVER, on an average day the good far outweighs the bad. The pay is out of whack with the market, as our market-based analysis just verified, but our benefits are good, and there is an effort to close the salary gap. Politics can be a pain, but I almost always feel like I’m going to have a job tomorrow. Most of the people are great to work with, and I enjoy the students. The climate has changed a lot in 30 years. There were problems then too, they were just different problems and at the time, or perhaps in hindsight, they didn’t seem as impactful.
Pros
Beautiful campus, great colleagues, Education benefits
Cons
Politics, below-market salaries
Temporary Job
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Moscow, IDOctober 5, 2017
was a temporary job at the university of idaho which ranged from lab teaching assistant to research assistant where i worked on designing a load shedding scheme.
Laboratory setting was professional and fun
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Moscow, IDOctober 2, 2017
I enjoyed my time in the lab but felt like it wasn't the right fit for me. I am a social person and I found myself alone a lot of the time while working. The research, however, was very invigorating.
Pros
Work life balance was great
Cons
Lonely
I was a grad student there. I learned a lot about teaching.
Instructional assistant (Former Employee) –  Moscow, IDSeptember 26, 2017
The University of Idaho is a fine university. the community is lively considering it's isolation. I enjoyed teaching and was given a lot of opportunity to innovate.
Pros
good colleage
Cons
isolated area
Horrible working environment
Custodial for BUILDING SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Moscow, IDSeptember 20, 2017
Building Services under the new management sucks working for! No one is held accountable for work that is not done or done poorly, as you also do NOT get praised for good work either. Not enough staff to be able to get the whole building looking nice.
Great Position
Associate Director of Strength and Conditioning (Former Employee) –  Moscow, IDSeptember 4, 2017
Assistant Director of Vandal Football Sports Performance: Develop and administer year round comprehensive speed, agility, strength & conditioning program for Vandal Football. Directly oversee Vandal Volleyball & Basketball performance programs. Pregame & practice preparation for Vandal Football, Nutritional assessment/ guidance for Vandal Athletics and direct supervision of strength and conditioning assistant, graduate assistants and intern coaches.
The School is a govt. institution, and the workers behaved that way.
Housing Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Moscow, IDAugust 11, 2017
The work was good, but the politics were bad. The maintenance crew were lazy because they knew they would be fired, or even checked with any superior as to the quality of labor they did. Superiors would only punish them for being slow or sub-par by under-funding their workforce. But the workers would never get better for it. Consequently, the units that students lived in were pretty poorly maintained. That's government for you!
Why do I need to review every job?
Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Post Falls, IDAugust 5, 2017
Why do I need to put a review in for every last job that I've done? Work was ok, no training. Would expect that a company that wants to succeed would have clear training.
It has so much potential
Faculty (Current Employee) –  Moscow, IDAugust 2, 2017
I enjoyed the people and the small community of Moscow, however, the University leadership has many struggles that they are working through. Turn-over is high, cultural climate in most areas is not where it should be, and pay is below industry standards. Don't get me wrong, I love the people, I love the community, and I love the Alumni. Hopefully they can turn things around.
Best university ever
Vandal Solutions Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Moscow, IDJuly 24, 2017
Great university with some of the most opportunity to grow and gain employment once graduated. Everything about this university is amazing and i would recommend it to anyone.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Productive and well diversed community
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Moscow, IDJuly 13, 2017
Working as a secretary for the University's LGBTQA office was a rather enjoyable experience. I got to meet and befriend people every day while working there and the job was set up as an easy and steady-going pace.
Great place to start or end a career
Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Moscow, IDJuly 5, 2017
There are departments at the UI that are wonderful to work for. There are some that are not so wonderful. But overall the upper administration is out of touch with the everyday employee, and the lack of promotion from within puts a big damper on moral. For just starting out and getting experience the UI is wonderful. But upper administration likes to hire externally after a certain level making growth from within rather difficult.
Friendly environment
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Moscow, IDJune 26, 2017
All the staff are very amiable and provide a good hospitality which makes anyone to work easily. They follow strict timing rules and it will be hard sometimes.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Strict timings
Tough but rewarding work
Captain of Football team (Former Employee) –  Moscow, IDJune 9, 2017
Although these tasks were difficult, the employee showed a great amount of care to teach me the ins and outs. I spent little time at these places but encountered little difficulty working with the employers.
Hey, its a job.
IT Manager (Current Employee) –  Pocatello, IDJune 6, 2017
Good life/work balance employer. Liberal time off only barely compensates for lack of job fulfillment and poor salary however.

Poor communication and lack of direction by management. Upper administration is stocked with highly paid people but the lower positions are poorly compensated.
Cons
Low salary, poor direction over all.
Good networking environment
President, Criminology Club (Former Employee) –  Moscow, IDJune 2, 2017
Co-workers are helpful and enthusiastic about working on projects. Supervisors are always available for assistance when needed. Learned networking skills and planning events for students and staff.
Pros
Fun and interesting work environment
Cons
Not always a clear division of labor on projects
very poor experience
Feeder Operator (Former Employee) –  Moscow, IDMay 31, 2017
I was not treated well there and they seemed too nit have verry good organizational skills in my department there was allways confusion beetween.management that would pass the blame off to someone else