University of Idaho Employee Reviews

Many positions all positive!
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee), Moscow, IDMay 21, 2015
Orientation leader positions and a teacher's assistant position taught me a ton about myself, people, and the university. The university is a great place and it is in a great town for a person looking for something nice, calm, and cold.
Great balance between indoor labwork and outdoor fieldwork.
Supervisor (Current Employee), Moscow, IDMay 18, 2015
A perfect job for those who are still in school or have just graduated. Lots of indoor labwork and fieldwork in the summer months. Management is very nice, understanding and helpful.
Grad Student
Graduate Student Mentor (Current Employee), MoscowApril 30, 2015
Pros: networking
Cons: funding
I worked at a Graduate Student Mentor for a new undergraduate research summer experience in the College of Natural Resources. I learned a lot and I like that the program's goal was to promote the inclusion of under-represented minorities in the conservation workforce.
best work place i have ever been a part of
Intermural Supervisor (Former Employee), Moscow, IDApril 29, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: none
learned how to be a manager at this position
would supervise all sport programs
helped in the office with paperwork
would manage the equipment room
mange the marketing and advertising of the programs
organized and ran training seminars for officials
Great learning and working environments
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Current Employee), Moscow, IDApril 29, 2015
I have learned how to prepare class material and give the lectures in front of 90 students. I have learned problem solving skill from my professor. I enjoy learning new things everyday including hardware and software.
A great school!
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Moscow, IdahoFebruary 12, 2015
The University of Idaho is a really good school. I am glad I had the opportunity to go there. The math at MIT and Harvard is the same math they teach at U of I, and for a fraction of the cost.
Great atmosphere and cultural experience
Mentor (Former Employee), Moscow, IdahoFebruary 4, 2015
Overall it was a good experience working for the University of Idaho. I typical day consisted of helping exchange students adjust to living in America and guided them through the U of Idaho systems.
A cost effective education
Statistics Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Moscow, IDJanuary 15, 2015
I attended for Graduate School - no benefits! But I got enough scholarships to cover the cost of attending. The cost of living in the city of Moscow, ID is relatively low.
Ideal barn setting
Livestock Showmanship (Former Employee), Moscow, IDSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: unique experiences
Cons: hard, dirty work
A typical day at work consisted of hands on training. I learned how to show and handle bulls. The management was shady. My co-workers were all trying to succeed. The hardest part of my job is over-coming frustration. The most enjoyable part was showing my livestock.
great learning place
Undergraduate Researcher (Former Employee), Moscow, IDAugust 11, 2014
The University offers a lot to students willing to learn and is a great place to start
Wonderful Employers
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Moscow, IDJuly 28, 2014
Pros: lots of potlucks, free seminars
Cons: limited upward advancement
I loved my time with the University of Idaho. All of my co-workers and managers were kind and generous and respectful. They became friends as well as colleagues. Barbecues outside of work were commonplace and the environment at work was relaxed and professional. There was significant opportunity to further personal and professional growth. Great experience!
Great place to work and grow
Team Cleaning Specialist, Kibbie Dome (Current Employee), Kibbie DomeJuly 5, 2014
At the University of Idaho Kibbie Dome I have a relatively simple job most days- keeping the Dome clean for the coaches, athletes, and guests who frequent the offices and public areas. Other days, preparing for events (or cleaning up after) can be tedious and time consuming.

The best part about this job has to be that I was able to complete my M.S. degree in two years (without accumulating debt) while working and moving toward my future.

Now that I've graduated, I'm looking forward to obtaining a grant-writing job, and using leadership skills obtained from both my degree program and working at the University of Idaho.
Easy job for college student
Janitor (Current Employee), Moscow, IDMay 28, 2014
Pros: easy work
Cons: some coworkers
Basically, you show up and do the things that you need to do every day and there won't be any issues. The only complaint I have is that the management really look into complaints that other employees have about slacking employees. Some people tend to get special treatment, but it really does not affect the effort or time you need to put into a job. It just makes it kind of irritating, because these "slackers" fly under the radar and continue to have a job here, while some employees get yelled at for forgetting to clean something or doing a substandard job.
Never a dull moment with a different experience for every new production.
Master Electrician (Former Employee), Moscow, IDMay 21, 2014
Pros: was able to have access to all theatre spaces.
Cons: low pay, no benefits
When not working on a production, there is always maintenance work to do with the instruments.
During a production, I would receive a light plot and then come up with a game plan to accomplish everything in a timely manner.
I was a teacher/supervisor to work study and lab students, and I learned how to delegate work so that others would learn and gain the most benefit from the experience.
The regular tech team was very close with good communication skills to make sure all departments had what they needed and accomplished all of our goals.
Was able to collaborate with a team, as well as be independent.
Each day was something new.
The most difficult part was when others might not keep to deadlines, which then would push back the amount of time we had to do our job making the electrics team have to work weird hours to still get everything done on time.
I loved the creative problem solving I had to do whenever something came up. It was very rewarding to be the one to find a solution to a problem.
Good job culture
Research Assistant (Current Employee), May, IDApril 17, 2014
I Learned a lot here
I had the chance to work on some of the most challenging projects and increase my experience.
Diverse working experience.
Video Production Center Technician (Current Employee), IDMarch 20, 2014
Great and diverse opportunities. Low hours and great for students. Can have difficulties with scheduling but plenty of available hours.
fun workplace and amazing research projects
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Moscow, IDMarch 13, 2014
Pros: great environment and flexible schedule
Cons: no cons
A great environment to work. If you do your job, you don't have to worry about the rest
Amazing Experience
STUDENT RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Moscow, IDMarch 4, 2014
Pros: working outside, great staff, and a brilliant educational experience.
Cons: not guaranteed to go past graduation date, medical benefits, and couldn't exceed ten hours a week during the school year because of budget constraints.
Working for amazing faculty in conducting field research trials was the most valuable experience I had while in college. In the summer's I would work 40 hours a week outside taking data, setting up trials and taking samples or I would be in the office on a rainy day compiling all of the data that we had on hand and doing miscellaneous laboratory experiments with the samples we collected in the field. I was the only girl among three male coworkers and two male graduate students. By no means was I spoiled, I was just one of the guys which was perfect. The best part about this job was being outside the majority of the time, the people that I worked with, and the information that I learned throughout my time here.
Relaxed and laid back work enviornment.
Data Entry (Former Employee), Moscow, IDFebruary 8, 2014
Was a very quiet environment and the boss was easy to work for.
Large, diverse workplace
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Moscow, IDJanuary 13, 2014
I will not comment on any specifics. The experience working here depends greatly on the individual you work for.