UNIVERSITY OF IDAHO

UNIVERSITY OF IDAHO Employer Reviews

great learning place
Undergraduate Researcher (Former Employee), Moscow, IDAugust 11, 2014
The University offers a lot to students willing to learn and is a great place to start
Wonderful Employers
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Moscow, IDJuly 28, 2014
Pros: lots of potlucks, free seminars
Cons: limited upward advancement
I loved my time with the University of Idaho. All of my co-workers and managers were kind and generous and respectful. They became friends as well as colleagues. Barbecues outside of work were commonplace and the environment at work was relaxed and professional. There was significant opportunity to further personal and professional growth. Great experience!
Great place to work and grow
Team Cleaning Specialist, Kibbie Dome (Current Employee), Kibbie DomeJuly 5, 2014
At the University of Idaho Kibbie Dome I have a relatively simple job most days- keeping the Dome clean for the coaches, athletes, and guests who frequent the offices and public areas. Other days, preparing for events (or cleaning up after) can be tedious and time consuming.

The best part about this job has to be that I was able to complete my M.S. – more... degree in two years (without accumulating debt) while working and moving toward my future.

Now that I've graduated, I'm looking forward to obtaining a grant-writing job, and using leadership skills obtained from both my degree program and working at the University of Idaho. – less
Easy job for college student
Janitor (Current Employee), Moscow, IDMay 28, 2014
Pros: easy work
Cons: some coworkers
Basically, you show up and do the things that you need to do every day and there won't be any issues. The only complaint I have is that the management really look into complaints that other employees have about slacking employees. Some people tend to get special treatment, but it really does not affect the effort or time you need to put into a job. – more... It just makes it kind of irritating, because these "slackers" fly under the radar and continue to have a job here, while some employees get yelled at for forgetting to clean something or doing a substandard job. – less
Never a dull moment with a different experience for every new production.
Master Electrician (Former Employee), Moscow, IDMay 21, 2014
Pros: was able to have access to all theatre spaces.
Cons: low pay, no benefits
When not working on a production, there is always maintenance work to do with the instruments.
During a production, I would receive a light plot and then come up with a game plan to accomplish everything in a timely manner.
I was a teacher/supervisor to work study and lab students, and I learned how to delegate work so that others would learn and gain – more... the most benefit from the experience.
The regular tech team was very close with good communication skills to make sure all departments had what they needed and accomplished all of our goals.
Was able to collaborate with a team, as well as be independent.
Each day was something new.
The most difficult part was when others might not keep to deadlines, which then would push back the amount of time we had to do our job making the electrics team have to work weird hours to still get everything done on time.
I loved the creative problem solving I had to do whenever something came up. It was very rewarding to be the one to find a solution to a problem. – less
Good job culture
Research Assistant (Current Employee), May, IDApril 17, 2014
I Learned a lot here
I had the chance to work on some of the most challenging projects and increase my experience.
Diverse working experience.
Video Production Center Technician (Current Employee), IDMarch 20, 2014
Great and diverse opportunities. Low hours and great for students. Can have difficulties with scheduling but plenty of available hours.
fun workplace and amazing research projects
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Moscow, IDMarch 13, 2014
Pros: great environment and flexible schedule
Cons: no cons
A great environment to work. If you do your job, you don't have to worry about the rest
Amazing Experience
STUDENT RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Moscow, IDMarch 4, 2014
Pros: working outside, great staff, and a brilliant educational experience.
Cons: not guaranteed to go past graduation date, medical benefits, and couldn't exceed ten hours a week during the school year because of budget constraints.
Working for amazing faculty in conducting field research trials was the most valuable experience I had while in college. In the summer's I would work 40 hours a week outside taking data, setting up trials and taking samples or I would be in the office on a rainy day compiling all of the data that we had on hand and doing miscellaneous laboratory experiments – more... with the samples we collected in the field. I was the only girl among three male coworkers and two male graduate students. By no means was I spoiled, I was just one of the guys which was perfect. The best part about this job was being outside the majority of the time, the people that I worked with, and the information that I learned throughout my time here. – less
Relaxed and laid back work enviornment.
Data Entry (Former Employee), Moscow, IDFebruary 8, 2014
Was a very quiet environment and the boss was easy to work for.
Large, diverse workplace
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Moscow, IDJanuary 13, 2014
I will not comment on any specifics. The experience working here depends greatly on the individual you work for.
good place to work
Visiting Faculty (Former Employee), Moscow, IDDecember 4, 2013
excellent scientific opportunity in different branches of physics
Summary
Motor pool/Inventory aid (Former Employee), Moscow, IDNovember 25, 2013
Does not adhere to EOE practices.
Used Microsoft office products.
Productive researcher and research is fun and challenging
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee), Moscow, IDNovember 14, 2013
I start my day with a new reaction. I am always cheerful with other co-workers and they are very helpful. I give suggestions to graduate students whenever they need my help. I enjoy my research and present in group meetings.
Excellent Place to Gain Experience Conducting Science
Research Lab and Field Technician (Former Employee), Moscow, IDOctober 17, 2013
Great place to gain experience conducting field and lab science while assisting established scientists accomplish their research. Flexible with schedule. Decent pay at the entry level for research support.
a nice and collegial enviornment
Assistant Professor of Economics (Current Employee), Moscow, IDAugust 26, 2013
a nice and collegial environment. small college town life.
Nice place to work, staff and faculty friendly and good to work with.
Sheet Metal Worker/ Control Technician (Former Employee), Moscow, IDAugust 7, 2013
Pros: friendly campus, supportive management, loyal employers.
Cons: compensation and benefits were lower than surrounding states.
I enjoyed working at the U of I except for the pay. Their compensation was low compared to states around them. But the people I worked with good and the general campus atmosphere was friendly. For the most part my supervisors were supportive and helpful.
Dynamic group of individuals to work with
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee), Moscow, IDJuly 26, 2013
Pros: small campus but with a larger feel, great benefits
Cons: no chance for promotion in the admin position
While working here I have met great people with amazing personalities and enjoy the interactions with students.
Opportunity to be innovative and many unique benefits
Instructor (Current Employee), Moscow, IDJune 28, 2013
Students at the University of Idaho are amazing to work with.
Well run math lab
Algebra and Trigonometry Tutor (Former Employee), Moscow, IDApril 25, 2013
Much of the lower level math classes was taught online. This allowed the math department to focus its expensive resources on higher level classes and research. They hire students to tutor the students in these partially online classes. That way there are real people to discuss the problems and problem solving techniques with.

I learned quite a bit – more... about verbal technical communication during my work at the U of I. Additionally, the job helped me learn how to deal with a people from an incredibly diverse background. – less