UNIVERSITY OF IDAHO

UNIVERSITY OF IDAHO Employer Reviews

Diverse working experience.
Video Production Center Technician (Current Employee), IDMarch 20, 2014
Great and diverse opportunities. Low hours and great for students. Can have difficulties with scheduling but plenty of available hours.
fun workplace and amazing research projects
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Moscow, IDMarch 13, 2014
Pros: great environment and flexible schedule
Cons: no cons
A great environment to work. If you do your job, you don't have to worry about the rest
Amazing Experience
STUDENT RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Moscow, IDMarch 4, 2014
Pros: working outside, great staff, and a brilliant educational experience.
Cons: not guaranteed to go past graduation date, medical benefits, and couldn't exceed ten hours a week during the school year because of budget constraints.
Working for amazing faculty in conducting field research trials was the most valuable experience I had while in college. In the summer's I would work 40 hours a week outside taking data, setting up trials and taking samples or I would be in the office on a rainy day compiling all of the data that we had on hand and doing miscellaneous laboratory experiments – more... with the samples we collected in the field. I was the only girl among three male coworkers and two male graduate students. By no means was I spoiled, I was just one of the guys which was perfect. The best part about this job was being outside the majority of the time, the people that I worked with, and the information that I learned throughout my time here. – less
Relaxed and laid back work enviornment.
Data Entry (Former Employee), Moscow, IDFebruary 8, 2014
Was a very quiet environment and the boss was easy to work for.
Large, diverse workplace
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Moscow, IDJanuary 13, 2014
I will not comment on any specifics. The experience working here depends greatly on the individual you work for.
good place to work
Visiting Faculty (Former Employee), Moscow, IDDecember 4, 2013
excellent scientific opportunity in different branches of physics
Summary
Motor pool/Inventory aid (Former Employee), Moscow, IDNovember 25, 2013
Does not adhere to EOE practices.
Used Microsoft office products.
Productive researcher and research is fun and challenging
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee), Moscow, IDNovember 14, 2013
I start my day with a new reaction. I am always cheerful with other co-workers and they are very helpful. I give suggestions to graduate students whenever they need my help. I enjoy my research and present in group meetings.
Excellent Place to Gain Experience Conducting Science
Research Lab and Field Technician (Former Employee), Moscow, IDOctober 17, 2013
Great place to gain experience conducting field and lab science while assisting established scientists accomplish their research. Flexible with schedule. Decent pay at the entry level for research support.
a nice and collegial enviornment
Assistant Professor of Economics (Current Employee), Moscow, IDAugust 26, 2013
a nice and collegial environment. small college town life.
Nice place to work, staff and faculty friendly and good to work with.
Sheet Metal Worker/ Control Technician (Former Employee), Moscow, IDAugust 7, 2013
Pros: friendly campus, supportive management, loyal employers.
Cons: compensation and benefits were lower than surrounding states.
I enjoyed working at the U of I except for the pay. Their compensation was low compared to states around them. But the people I worked with good and the general campus atmosphere was friendly. For the most part my supervisors were supportive and helpful.
Dynamic group of individuals to work with
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee), Moscow, IDJuly 26, 2013
Pros: small campus but with a larger feel, great benefits
Cons: no chance for promotion in the admin position
While working here I have met great people with amazing personalities and enjoy the interactions with students.
Opportunity to be innovative and many unique benefits
Instructor (Current Employee), Moscow, IDJune 28, 2013
Students at the University of Idaho are amazing to work with.
Well run math lab
Algebra and Trigonometry Tutor (Former Employee), Moscow, IDApril 25, 2013
Much of the lower level math classes was taught online. This allowed the math department to focus its expensive resources on higher level classes and research. They hire students to tutor the students in these partially online classes. That way there are real people to discuss the problems and problem solving techniques with.

I learned quite a bit – more... about verbal technical communication during my work at the U of I. Additionally, the job helped me learn how to deal with a people from an incredibly diverse background. – less
Productive and fun place to work
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Moscow, IDApril 18, 2013
Great school to attend for a graduate program.
Fun and inviting.
My work place is very productive fill with students from different backgrounds.
General Office Support /Lab Monitor/Tutor (Former Employee), Moscow, IdahoApril 6, 2013
As a soon to be a graduate student from University of Idaho (May 2013), every day at work are face with new challenges. These challenges includes creating new strategies in order to fully communicate with athletes on how to balance school and sports. Also I do communicate with all the staff on how we can help the different athletes and student be able – more... to create their own social groups and well as respecting others. I do work in a very diverse environment where everyone and every student does bring something different to the table as well as in education. – less
Great place to Work.
Marketer / Researcher (Former Employee), Moscow, IDFebruary 6, 2013
Cons: large bureaucratic system when it is time do any sort of paperwork
I worked remotely with a small Team that was grant funded. the people i worked with were a tribute to there individual fields. the work itself was enjoyable and fore a good cause.
Great place to work....
Custodian (Former Employee), Moscow IdFebruary 6, 2013
Pros: great perks
Cons: work ethics dont account for anything.
Great place to work but no matter how well you work if your not friends with everybody then you will end up being let go.
Graduate Research Assistant
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Idaho Falls, IDJanuary 16, 2013
The professors can get away with treating their student like garbage at this university. If you are considering being a student here I would suggest getting a full time job and finishing your graduate degree on the side.
Amazing faculty in power systems engineering
Research Associate (Current Employee), Electrical and Computer Engineering DepartmentJanuary 16, 2013
Currently the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at University of Idaho consists of three faculty members in the area of power systems engineering.

The department has strong ties with topnotch power and energy companies and organizations such as Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Power Engineers and Office of Naval Research to name – more... a few.

The faculty in the area of power systems teach many graduate level courses on dynamics, protection and power electronics. – less