University of Illinois at Chicago Employee Reviews

Productive company
Mental Health Counselor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 20, 2017
University of Illinois at Chicago hospital is a hospital that is flexible with there stay the only kick back is there is no room for advancement in this company but I still would recommend it to someone without a job
Great place to work. Quality experience
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 19, 2017
Coworkers are friendly and knowledgeable. Learned a lot about PM sensors and circuit design. Best part about working here is having an environment to work and learn at the same time.
ACNP Student
ACNP Student (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 18, 2017
I worked at U of C as a student Nurse Practitioner and it was great to see another hospital and patient demographic. My preceptor was incredibly knowledgeable and taught me an immense amount.
Productive and enjoyable
Program Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 13, 2017
Great benefits and culture here. I truly enjoyed the program I worked on under a grant here. I don't have any cons other than I wish my role wasn't temporary.
Overnight position temporary
Maintenance /House Keeping (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 11, 2017
I enjoyed the experience and learned overall a lot about detailed Maintenance /House Keeping. I would definitely refer anyone to work for the University of Illinois in Chicago
Secretary/Receptionist, sitter (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 7, 2017
Worked thru the nursing office as a sitter or unit secretary, thru out the hospital. Depending of vacation or sick leave...
Loved the atmosphere, that part of town
Pros
love the hospital location
Cons
not long enough
A good school for obtaining a graduate degree in Mechanical Eng.
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 26, 2017
- The applying procedure for graduate school at UIC is smooth and well designed. The employees are responsive and the environment is friendly. The school is located close to downtown Chicago and there is a great accessibility.
great working environment and great people to work together with everyday
Assistant to the Head (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 22, 2017
The University, in general is a great place to work at. 18 years of experience at my job enables me to work in a very organized and efficient way even during busy proposal submission times.
Pros
great working environment
Cons
long commute
Productive in assisting students with help who need help icontent n course
Human Anatomy Teaching Assistant and Tutor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 16, 2017
Was able to teach and provide students with information and help in understanding difficult course concepts and improve their performance on exams and in the class.
Work environment depends on group
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 13, 2017
Nice place to work with many facilities and services on site.
Long working hours in the lab. Good opportunities for collaboration with other groups of the department.
under new managerment, the university has become a extremely stressful enviroment
Housing Officer Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 12, 2017
in my supervision role there was no such thing as a typical day, I learned some skills, I also lost much trust in the higher management area, the workplace became very stressful after new management moved in, the department became very unbalanced and unequal all around, unreasonable deadlines were set only for certain individuals, too many bosses, and not all on the same page with projects causing much confusion for the entire staff, students and staff were very unhappy as well as frustrated with upper management poor style of managing the department. I enjoyed working with my co-workers and the students, we were very supportive of one another. staff felt there was a war between upper managerment and support staff.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
hard to advance and transfer within the univeristy
Excellent
Public Health Doctoral Candidate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 8, 2017
Excellent workplace and fellowship opportunities that allow for much growth potential in either an academic or career environment. The candidate is only limited by their creativity.
Good School
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 6, 2017
If you spend time to pick your professors properly, you will find it to be a pleasant experience. Its also really close to the city and offers a diverse crowd,
Enjoyed the job and some of the people worked I with
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 6, 2017
The job was fulfilling and I really enjoyed working with the patients and helping them with the information needed to get them service. I enjoyed learning the process to deal with different insurance companies.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 6, 2017
Worked at UIC and helped build a website. It was a really good experience and I am I was able to work at UIC. My manager was helpful and always was there to help us.
Did not learn anything here
Graduate Student (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 3, 2017
The education department is garbage here. Except for 1 or 2 professors, the others do not care about teaching (they get paid either way). I feel that I did not lean anything from these people. Overall waste of my time.
Pros
Less student dept than private colleges
Cons
Long commute
Research & Admin
Visiting Research Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 2, 2017
Learned a ton about neuroscience research and enjoyed working in an university setting. Decent job/life balance. My coworkers were knowledgable, helpful and hardworking.
Great Place
Medicine - IMA, Research Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL 60612May 31, 2017
Wonderful team to work with and great team effort. Great location in the heart of the city. Great leadership and management. A great environment to learn about many different specialties.
Productive workplace
Intercollegiate Athletics (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 23, 2017
The University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) is located on the near West Side of Chicago. The Flames compete in the Horizon League, an Indianapolis-based Division I conference.
Some people are very helpful
Assistant to the Chief Medical Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 21, 2017
A typical day at work includes analyzing month end reports, analyzing accounts receivables , re-classifying unidentified expenses, disburse accounts payable checks to vendors, chart of accounts corrections, analyzing contracts and updating the contract folder, matching payments recorded in the University's Financial System verses what was recorded in the Patient Accounting System etc.
Pros
Some people go out of their way to help you
Cons
Place is very complex

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Illinois at Chicago. Our community is ready to answer.

University of Illinois at Chicago Reviews by Location