University of Illinois at Chicago Employee Reviews

great working environment and great people to work together with everyday
Assistant to the Head (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 22, 2017
The University, in general is a great place to work at. 18 years of experience at my job enables me to work in a very organized and efficient way even during busy proposal submission times.
Pros
great working environment
Cons
long commute
Productive in assisting students with help who need help icontent n course
Human Anatomy Teaching Assistant and Tutor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 16, 2017
Was able to teach and provide students with information and help in understanding difficult course concepts and improve their performance on exams and in the class.
Work environment depends on group
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 13, 2017
Nice place to work with many facilities and services on site.
Long working hours in the lab. Good opportunities for collaboration with other groups of the department.
under new managerment, the university has become a extremely stressful enviroment
Housing Officer Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 12, 2017
in my supervision role there was no such thing as a typical day, I learned some skills, I also lost much trust in the higher management area, the workplace became very stressful after new management moved in, the department became very unbalanced and unequal all around, unreasonable deadlines were set only for certain individuals, too many bosses, and not all on the same page with projects causing much confusion for the entire staff, students and staff were very unhappy as well as frustrated with upper management poor style of managing the department. I enjoyed working with my co-workers and the students, we were very supportive of one another. staff felt there was a war between upper managerment and support staff.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
hard to advance and transfer within the univeristy
Excellent
Public Health Doctoral Candidate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 8, 2017
Excellent workplace and fellowship opportunities that allow for much growth potential in either an academic or career environment. The candidate is only limited by their creativity.
Good School
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 6, 2017
If you spend time to pick your professors properly, you will find it to be a pleasant experience. Its also really close to the city and offers a diverse crowd,
Enjoyed the job and some of the people worked I with
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 6, 2017
The job was fulfilling and I really enjoyed working with the patients and helping them with the information needed to get them service. I enjoyed learning the process to deal with different insurance companies.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 6, 2017
Worked at UIC and helped build a website. It was a really good experience and I am I was able to work at UIC. My manager was helpful and always was there to help us.
Did not learn anything here
Graduate Student (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 3, 2017
The education department is garbage here. Except for 1 or 2 professors, the others do not care about teaching (they get paid either way). I feel that I did not lean anything from these people. Overall waste of my time.
Pros
Less student dept than private colleges
Cons
Long commute
Research & Admin
Visiting Research Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 2, 2017
Learned a ton about neuroscience research and enjoyed working in an university setting. Decent job/life balance. My coworkers were knowledgable, helpful and hardworking.
Great Place
Medicine - IMA, Research Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL 60612May 31, 2017
Wonderful team to work with and great team effort. Great location in the heart of the city. Great leadership and management. A great environment to learn about many different specialties.
Productive workplace
Intercollegiate Athletics (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 23, 2017
The University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) is located on the near West Side of Chicago. The Flames compete in the Horizon League, an Indianapolis-based Division I conference.
Some people are very helpful
Assistant to the Chief Medical Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 21, 2017
A typical day at work includes analyzing month end reports, analyzing accounts receivables , re-classifying unidentified expenses, disburse accounts payable checks to vendors, chart of accounts corrections, analyzing contracts and updating the contract folder, matching payments recorded in the University's Financial System verses what was recorded in the Patient Accounting System etc.
Pros
Some people go out of their way to help you
Cons
Place is very complex
Good starting hopital position
Anesthesia Technician Trainee (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 18, 2017
I like working at the University of Illinois. I learn the in and outs on running an operating room with equipment and turning the surgery room around for the next procedure.
Pros
Cons
no room for advancement
Research
Graduate Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 18, 2017
I was a research assistant at the health policy research center at the University of Illinois at Chicago. My mentors were very nice back in 2003. I am not sure current environment there.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Hard working company.
Cashier/Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 11, 2017
I enjoy working with Compass Group, they are an expanding business and brand. They give you opportunities to grow within the company. I've been with the company for 5yrs and with the university for 10yrs they are a good, hard working company who strive for perfection, I enjoy being apart of their team.
Pros
You're family gets to have lunch with you
Cons
There are no health coverage, no retirement plan.
Good benefits, good co-workers
Graduate Assistant, Dialogue Initiative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 7, 2017
Working at an institution of higher education is typically not the most lucrative, but it can be very rewarding. Staff have the opportunity to also participate in educational programs and events. Also, some positions do allow you to take academic courses. Typical work hours are 9-5.
Absolutely no time for anything else but basketball.
Women's Basketball Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 1, 2017
This job has an expectation for you to be there every back and call. They promise you many perks, however the team gets 1st priority of course. You will basically be their servant.
Great to work!
Computer Programming Aide (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 20, 2017
It was amazing to work with the CHECK department. They were extremely welcoming and friendly.

I was also given the flexibility to work whenever I wanted.
University Position
Teaching Assistant, Community Health Sciences (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 17, 2017
University of Illinois like most academic institutions has limitations on funding and pay options but is always doing advanced research and striving to do more. Employees are treated fairly.
Pros
Research
Cons
Long Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Illinois at Chicago. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval