University of Illinois at Chicago Employee Review

View all University of Illinois at Chicago reviews

I love teaching. UIC gives me this opportunity to find my favorite job.
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 20, 2014
As a TA, I am also a PhD student. I have to spend some time in my learning. But I enjoy my teaching job. I give students discussion sessions on Tuesdays and Thursdays, I also need to grade their quizzes and exams, and record their scores. I like discussion sessions the best, my students and I have positive and active interactions.
Sometimes, when I made more efforts to explain, my students got more confused. I was very upset about that. Fortunately, I got ideas from my students, and I realized many details that I didn't pay attention at first. For example, My teaching should be consistent with their professor's teaching, I shouldn't skip too many algebra steps.
I hope I can have a job of teaching after I graduate from UIC.

Other University of Illinois at Chicago Employee Reviews

Good experience for students advancing their career
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 21, 2018
I was grateful to earn a competitive graduate research assistantship. This benefit pad for my second year of graduate school and allowed me to add enough credits to also earn an additional certification. The University sometimes suffers delay in processing payments which can impact paying tuition. It is important to prove to professors that you are responsible and will work hard for the assistantship.
Learning while Working
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 20, 2018
I am working as a Teaching Assistant and UIC provides its TAs with not only hourly wages but fee waivers as well. Being an international student, this opportunity was of utter requirement for me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Illinois at Chicago. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2