University of Illinois at Chicago Employee Reviews in United States

release of information Specialist
Release Of Information specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 25, 2016
Reviewing all medical record request, and assuring all request are inputted in the company system. Picking up patients calls on the phone, as well as Doctors, lawyer ect. Attending to incoming patients requesting for their medical records.
Good
Student (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 21, 2016
I studied master degree at UIC, it is a very great school with very great education and faculty. People can learn a lot of knowledge from the college.
Pros
Everything is great
Cons
Collaborating with group members was most beneficial.
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 18, 2016
We did research, prepared reports and created presentation for group participants and our professor. Interaction with other research participants was great experience and got to learn lots of things.
Execellent Place!!
Telecommunication Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 18, 2016
The benefits were awesome! had to chance to go to school free of charge. Management was very workable with the employees!
Rewarding
Kids Room Staff/Intern (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 12, 2016
I have been working for the University of Illinois at Chicago Campus Housing for the past three years. The best part of the jobs is people will recognize you and remember you months sometimes years after giving them a tour. I think that is one of the most rewarding parts about being a tour guide.
Productive workplace
Exhibit Translator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 9, 2016
The most enjoyable is working with students. I learned different perspectives from co-workers. Team work is very important.
Pros
Good environment and flexible hours
Cons
Temporary
Great University
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 1, 2016
Very good eduction and great place to be, fantastic professors and helpful environment to learn and live. Really great experiences and no complaint about it.
Great work environment with flexible hours
Lab Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 25, 2016
My job experience as a Lab Consultant at UIC was a great one; the work environment was stress-free, the management was very amiable, the hours were very flexible for student employment, and I enjoyed interacting with my coworkers.
Productive and fun place to work
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 1, 2016
University of Illinois at Chicago has good environment to work. Management and co-workers are friendly and team oriented. Working here has some advantages as learning industry and gaining real life experience.
Great for Student Employees
Office Worker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 23, 2016
As a student who worked there while studying for a degree, the job was flexible but they started cutting hours and paid below minimum wage.
good
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 22, 2016
I am doing reasearch in organic chemistry and organometallic chemistry area
very good place for research and good medium
great place to perform research
Visiting Research Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 18, 2016
A typical day of research is to design/perform experiments
Everyday I feel like I have something new learned, including new methods, new understanding of my projects, new ideas, new way to present/analyze the data.
I also enjoys working with my co-workers, training trainees.
Even though there is always something that you are not feel comfortable, but in the end, you find it will be Okay.
Fun environment and great people
Intramural Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 14, 2016
Fun environment with nonstop events to keep each day interesting. Management knows how to ensure a good balance between work and school.
Productive Workplace with extensive responsibility
Building Manager, Student Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 13, 2016
In charge of opening all doors of the student center, posting signs for events, taking action in case of any medical emergency in building, and responsibility of team. My co-workers and management were all on the same page which led to a great work environment. Most enjoyable part of the job was satisfaction of helping students, while the hardest part was attending to medial emergencies.
Outdated equipment, Top Heavy
it manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 13, 2016
Control from the top, loose 700k daily in write offs or 3 million a day
in out dated systems, and interns or residence are ordering unnecessary orders. Very Top Heavy using out dated methodology and equipment software etc. No wounder the State is in the red!
Clean the house starting from the CIO down.Management by fear of loosing one's job. No open communications, too many hurdles.
Pros
PTO
Cons
No proactive or supporting management C-suite down
General Office Aid
General Office Aid (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 19, 2015
Amazing place to work. Amazing, knowledgable people to work with. I look forward to going into work on a daily basics. They provide detailed instructions on whatever you have to do, and there is also room for questions.
Good School
Bioengineering Organizational Alliance Member (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 15, 2015
Good Opportunities. Good research opportunities. Overall, I recommend this school for academic study as well as job search.
Productive workplace
Assistant to Assistant Director - Utilities (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 9, 2015
Excellent place to work. Great benefits. Management style is transformation ...superb. Could work past retirement. Co-workers are all hard workers.
Educational Environment
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 21, 2015
Educational Environment. Decent amount of red tape and politics. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning from colleagues.
A diverse environment.
Pros
Educational
Cons
Salaries
Busy and productive
MEDICAL OFFICE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 16, 2015
Patient registration through Cerna and Microsoft outlook,co-pays,surgery billing, answering the phones, filling charts, The most
enjoyable part of my job is to see the patients happy and satisfied with the service they received.
Pros
No weekend hours
Cons
No morning and afternoon breaks

4.2