University of Illinois at Chicago Employee Reviews

Great to work!
Computer Programming Aide (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 20, 2017
It was amazing to work with the CHECK department. They were extremely welcoming and friendly.

I was also given the flexibility to work whenever I wanted.
University Position
Teaching Assistant, Community Health Sciences (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 17, 2017
University of Illinois like most academic institutions has limitations on funding and pay options but is always doing advanced research and striving to do more. Employees are treated fairly.
Pros
Research
Cons
Long Hours
Productive and Fun Work Place
Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 13, 2017
Awesome Experience in work. More chance to work as a developer and got to know how things are working beyond the concepts studied in class. Flexible timing.
great place to learn
PhD Candidate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 12, 2017
This is a world class University in a world class city. The best part was the wonderful people I met and interacted with, especially at journal clubs.
Great Urban University Experience
Visiting Research Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 11, 2017
High quality university in the heart of Little Italy in Chicago.Great faculty and student mix on two campuses separated by Little Italy. Easy Metra ride from either of major train stations in Chicago loop.
Pros
great faculty
Cons
no free parking
Productive and fun workplace
Writing Center Tutor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 11, 2017
The staff is very encouraging and hands-on. They help guide you so that you can do better each day. If I ever had a problem I felt no hesitation to ask anyone a question -- great atmosphere. I enjoyed helping students with their writing pieces (resumes, cover letters, essays, speeches, and other pieces of writing).
Pros
experience and flexible
Cons
spent a short amount of time there
Comfortable environment
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 5, 2017
I tutored at the Math and Science Learning Center. The workplace is very pleasant, where other students come for help. The workplace taught me to be patient and understand. Also, it helped me further boost my knowledge in Math and Statistics. The place is managed by a director, who keeps track of time and working hours. The hardest part of the job is when students come for help that is completely unrelated to what you know. The most enjoyable part is interacting with fellow students and looking at problems from their perspective.
IT helpdesk job
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 30, 2017
Typical day would involve helping out people with the problems that would come up with desktops, laptops and presentation/conference setups. This includes installing OS, essential software, resolving connectivity problems, setting up printers etc. The helpdesk also maintains the inventory of systems and services them when needed.
Graduate Assistant at University
Graduate Assistant, DHD - UIC (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 30, 2017
I worked as a graduate assistant at the Applied Health Sciences College - Department of Disability and Human Development.
I learnt a lot about windows administration. My manager is a very practical and straightforward person. I enjoyed working in the department.
productive
Building Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 21, 2017
uic is a great place to work you get to meet a lot of different people. doing a lot of different things.. there is room to grow with the company which is a plus
Good University with waiver options
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 7, 2017
Good University with waiver options. Its a university with good infrastructure and highly qualified faculties. Fees are bit higher but at the same time students get paid well if they get an on campus job
ok
Care Coordinator/Nursing Medical Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lombard, ILMarch 2, 2017
Great benefits but poor pay, job security was also an issue. If you work as a nurse in their hospital I hear the pay is great, but the commute wouldn't be good for me.
Productive and near Chicago downtown
Postdoc, Professor Guido F. Pauli Group (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 23, 2017
College of pharmacy is a good research and teaching school, which can train Ph.D. and PharmD students.
It is not far away from downtown Chicago and right next to pink line station, which makes your life more exciting.
Good workplace
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 8, 2017
Lovely place to work.
Lots of benefits, very understanding supervisors. Get to meet a variety of people .
Very helpful and helps me grow as a person.
Great to work at as a student
Chemical Waste Technician (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 6, 2017
The departments are very understanding towards student employees. School always comes first and will therefore allow time off to study for upcoming exams
Productive and nice environment
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 26, 2017
As a research assistant, I mostly do my work at my own time, at my own pace which is nice. My professor is really nice and understanding so if I can't meet my quota for the week she understands. The study I am doing is very diverse and interesting.
Okay to work for. Bad pay.
Simulation (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 29, 2016
The state of IL owes the university money, so raises are scarce. The pay for my position was awful, and I had to work a second job. No one makes what they should. The cost for parking is awful as well. Almost $100 a month on poor pay.
Outstanding educational institution
Associate Director of Student Financial Aid (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 4, 2016
Experienced growth and knowledge on student financial aid during my years at UIC. Worked well with staff and students to process federal applications for awarding and disbursing financial aid,
Pros
Working with students
Cons
Balancing compliance institutional, state, and federal requirements.
Productive and Friendly Work Place
Steady-state PFD simulations using Aspen (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 4, 2016
I learned that safety, management, and compatibility between the employers in the industry are very crucial in an engineering industry.
Design TA
Design Teaching Assistantship (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 29, 2016
It was very rewarding helping other architecture students in their freshman year of collage. Worked in coordination with class professor to organize daily topics to be discussed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Illinois at Chicago. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2