University of Illinois at Chicago Employee Reviews

The Best University!!
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 19, 2017
Looking back, as an alumni of UIC, it is an excellent place to study and work. The people are amazing, the faculty and staff are amazing and city is amazing. As a student, Chicago is one of the best places to be.
Grad student
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 17, 2017
I was a student here and I enjoyed my time. I also worked as a graduate assistant during my time as a student and UIC was careful to ensure that I was able to balance my workload with my studies.
Productive nad fun-loving
Graduate Student Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 11, 2017
They will assign you work on different background and technologies that will make you flexible enough to handle different task efficiently. They encourage new ideas and implementation.
you can't go wrong
Associate Director (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 11, 2017
Great place to work, strong competent colleagues committed to the work. Strong fundraising program in place. A great place to cut your teeth and get experience in lots of facets.
Pros
benefits for sure
Cons
hard to get advancement
Productive workplace, balanced time between being a teaching assistant and conducting graduate-level research
Graduate Research Assistant and Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 7, 2017
Built-in system of balances ensures students don't take too many courses to efficiently function as a teaching assistant or research assistant. During my time at UIC, my time was balanced between being a teaching assistant/research assistant and conducting my own graduate-level research prior to defending my Ph.D thesis.
Fun and diverse job
Student Help (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 6, 2017
This place was great. There was many opportunities that had presented themselves by meeting highly educated and wealthy people. I learned a lot and had met my mentor here.
Pros
interesting days
Cons
short breaks and no down time
Instructor - positive experience but very poor resources (State of IL)
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 1, 2017
Significant issues with Illinois budget and the university is heavily impacted (negatively). Limited resources in social sciences - but have heard great things re: hard sciences/opportunities.
Great place to work!!
Adjunct Faculty-Graduate Studies (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 30, 2017
I enjoy the variety of students that come through the program. I enjoy being challenged. I have improved my communication skills greatly during my time at UIC. I have one of the best bosses I could ever ask for. He is supportive, encouraging, and challenges me to continue to grow professionally.
Fun place with great co workers.
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 24, 2017
Worked for one year as a Data Analyst. Working in UIC is relaxed with a steady pace and great co workers. Compensation is pretty good as per market, with good benefits.
excellent opportunity for a graduate student
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 23, 2017
It's a simple, low effort job. It pays very well, and it's a rewarding experience. I genuinely enjoyed teaching and helping my fellow students achieve their goals.
Summary
Admissions Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 23, 2017
On a typical day, I provided operations assistance to the college and assisted faculty. I enjoyed improving the operations of the college and university.
Nice, but low pay
Accounting Associate (Current Employee) –  ChicagoAugust 22, 2017
The most enjoyable thing is it's easy and relax, good benefit, good manager. However, it is low pay and lack of advancement. ...................................
Hard to balance work
Division Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 19, 2017
I found it difficult to find a balance . I enjoyed working there it was just a bit stressful at times. I would definitely go back to the University of Illinois at Chicago.
Safe space for growth
Student Educator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 15, 2017
Spent two years working and the culture is open and radical in thought. Public programs vary but always connect to social justice and issues. they are the most enjoyable part of the center and their management is not perfect but is highly efficient.
For my university
Student (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 2, 2017
Actually a fair school. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a research school. The student body is diverse and friendly. A beautiful school in a vibrant city.
Easy
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 29, 2017
Easy money, simple pay. Nice management. Good hours. Easy job overall. Customers are kind, mostly students. Everyone is overall great. Not hard at all.
Pros
Easy
Cons
boring
Interesting place to work
Clinical Research Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 24, 2017
This University provides several learning opportunities. Room for advancement is limited and something you must seek out for yourself. Mentors are not very easy to come by. Overall, UIC is a nice place to work.
Pros
Learning opportunities
Cons
Room for advancement
Experiences in learning the life in working at a hospital
Food Service Laborer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 23, 2017
A typical day working at University of Illinois at Chicago was providing food for over 300 to 400 patients per day. Responsibilities included prepping food trays, delivering to patients and cleaning all supplies and equipment.
Pros
Enjoyed working with the patients at the hospital
Productive company
Mental Health Counselor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 20, 2017
University of Illinois at Chicago hospital is a hospital that is flexible with there stay the only kick back is there is no room for advancement in this company but I still would recommend it to someone without a job
Great place to work. Quality experience
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 19, 2017
Coworkers are friendly and knowledgeable. Learned a lot about PM sensors and circuit design. Best part about working here is having an environment to work and learn at the same time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Illinois at Chicago. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2