University of Illinois at Chicago Employee Reviews

Outstanding educational institution
Associate Director of Student Financial Aid (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 4, 2016
Experienced growth and knowledge on student financial aid during my years at UIC. Worked well with staff and students to process federal applications for awarding and disbursing financial aid,
Pros
Working with students
Cons
Balancing compliance institutional, state, and federal requirements.
Productive and Friendly Work Place
Steady-state PFD simulations using Aspen (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 4, 2016
I learned that safety, management, and compatibility between the employers in the industry are very crucial in an engineering industry.
Design TA
Design Teaching Assistantship (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 29, 2016
It was very rewarding helping other architecture students in their freshman year of collage. Worked in coordination with class professor to organize daily topics to be discussed.
Productive workplace
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 1, 2016
I am usually in the office at scheduled hours to assist students in understanding the concepts related to the course. It gives me immense pleasure when I can share my knowledge with my fellow students. The work place arranged by the University is excellent, making it a classroom environment.
Work was very flexible
Sales Associate/ Admissions (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 27, 2016
During the time i was working at the university the employment office knew that i was full time and they were very flexible with working with my schedule to get the job i needed.
good university to work and learn
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 26, 2016
I really like the environment at the UIC.
It is a good place to learn advanced knowledge and build up skills. Besides, the I felt so lucky to have the opportunity to work with talented and nice people at this University.
a place with a mission to advance in medicine and education.
N/A (Current Employee) –  912 S. Wood Street, Chicago,IlOctober 5, 2016
The University of Illinois at Chicago hospital and higher education is an institution that cares for students and staff and faculty and benefits of others.
Great place
Asst. Coord. of Construction and Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 5, 2016
Great place to work, job security and fun. Co-workers from around the world. Things are never the same. I have the pleasure to improve the campus' landscape.
Unsafe work environment, unorganized management, dietary department has high turn over due to poor management and unfair treatment to staff.
Food Service (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 4, 2016
Kitchen department was unsanitary, working condition was very unsafe everything from large bugs, ticks , wet floors, broken equipment , and flies. management treated staff very bad. All sorts of harassment and retailition between staff and management. No room for career growth. All State guideline was never followed. Large infestation of bugs. Discrimation to staff with disabilities. Staff and management very stressful environment. Needs of immediate attention.
benefits
Cons
poor management, hostle work enviroment, no room for growth
Great benefits, no raises.
Medical Photographer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 20, 2016
Working for the State of Illinois has limited advancement or increase in salary, despite an increase in job duties and performance. Esteemed University and Doctor to have the privilege of working for but a higher salary needs to be offered for this position and all it requires.
Better management
Environmental Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 15, 2016
Performed basic housekeeping duties
Responsible for adhering to set safety standards at all times
Assisted with training of new hires.
In charge of proper disposal of waste
Pros
Doing the job and nice students.
Cons
Students not getting along seeing how I worked around them everyday.
Learning Expierence
Histology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 5, 2016
Great learning experience of all medical fields, doctors were always willing to teach.
Staff was great, management was okay.
Co-workers got along with fine.
Hardest part not being able to fulfill a request.
Most enjoyable was the care of each other.
Pros
Friendships
Cons
Nothing really.
Can be alot better....
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 30, 2016
I worked for UIC Police Department and I believe the company could be so much better. You have so many power hungry people on top who don't pay attention to their staff and the needs of the department. There is a big revolving door. During probation, which is 6months, don't make any mistakes because they will let you go. And be prepared to work forced overtime at least twice a week. Heads up, they do not care about the needs of you or your family. When you're forced to stay, you have to stay.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Bad union and forced overtime
Great clinical location
Student (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 16, 2016
Best learning hospital to have clinical rotations at. Staff is helpful and patients are friendly. The skills learned there are some that you will use for ever.
The community is Key
Adjunct Faculty/Guest Director (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 15, 2016
The best part of the job are the students. Watching them become adults and putting my experience to good use is invaluable. My colleagues are genuine people who are supportive in all of our outside endeavors, new ideas and growing our department.
Pros
Environment, students, Independance
Cons
compensation, security, benefits
Great place to work.
Research Associate I (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 12, 2016
Great place to work. You will learn something everyday! Interact with very intelligent people where you can learn what is going on in the medical field.
Excellent place to work with a great community atmosphere
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 12, 2016
UIC has provided many opportunities for continuing professional development, including volunteer roles such as Laboratory Manager and Student Facilitator. The atmosphere is relaxed but hard-working, with individuals always pulling together to meet deadlines. Being a school and a healthcare provider presents unique advantages as well as challenges. For example, the clinic is an excellent resource for patient enrolment and the acquisition of research samples, but project students require additional training and supervision when it comes to laboratory/research skills. Students always appear happy and eager to learn, which makes mentorship enjoyable!
Director of Corporate Partnerships (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 13, 2016
Good workplace environment with great benefits and really good people that work there. It was a valued place that continues to grow and expand.
Enjoyable and Productive Work Days
Design Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 28, 2016
In both my jobs, they allowed for productive work to be achieved as well as design opportunities with an enjoyable work culture.
Great Campus!
Chief Plant Operating Engineer (Current Employee) –  UICJune 22, 2016
I enjoy working at this location and there is a great team of management in place. The faculty is top-notch as well as the hospital staff.

4.2