University of Illinois at Chicago Employee Reviews

Good starting hopital position
Anesthesia Technician Trainee (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 18, 2017
I like working at the University of Illinois. I learn the in and outs on running an operating room with equipment and turning the surgery room around for the next procedure.
Pros
Cons
no room for advancement
Research
Graduate Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 18, 2017
I was a research assistant at the health policy research center at the University of Illinois at Chicago. My mentors were very nice back in 2003. I am not sure current environment there.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Great place to work.
IT Administrator, Office of the Dean (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 11, 2017
I enjoyed my time here. Wonderful people and culture. I lwas able to work on my masters degree while working for the university and that was a plus as well.
Hard working company.
Cashier/Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 11, 2017
I enjoy working with Compass Group, they are an expanding business and brand. They give you opportunities to grow within the company. I've been with the company for 5yrs and with the university for 10yrs they are a good, hard working company who strive for perfection, I enjoy being apart of their team.
Pros
You're family gets to have lunch with you
Cons
There are no health coverage, no retirement plan.
Good benefits, good co-workers
Graduate Assistant, Dialogue Initiative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 7, 2017
Working at an institution of higher education is typically not the most lucrative, but it can be very rewarding. Staff have the opportunity to also participate in educational programs and events. Also, some positions do allow you to take academic courses. Typical work hours are 9-5.
Absolutely no time for anything else but basketball.
Women's Basketball Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 1, 2017
This job has an expectation for you to be there every back and call. They promise you many perks, however the team gets 1st priority of course. You will basically be their servant.
Challenging and innovative research environment
Visiting Research Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 26, 2017
A very challenging and creative work environment requiring multiple disciplines and a team oriented environment to troubleshoot research methods and problem sets.
Pros
Challenging and stimulating
Cons
Poor salary and tenuous job status
Great to work!
Computer Programming Aide (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 20, 2017
It was amazing to work with the CHECK department. They were extremely welcoming and friendly.

I was also given the flexibility to work whenever I wanted.
Busy environment
Extramural Education Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 17, 2017
Great place to work with people who care about their students.

Dental students consider the their support team and value their help.

Faculty and staff work together as a supportive team to the students.
Pros
Co-workers care
Cons
Benefits have been minimized.
University Position
Teaching Assistant, Community Health Sciences (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 17, 2017
University of Illinois like most academic institutions has limitations on funding and pay options but is always doing advanced research and striving to do more. Employees are treated fairly.
Pros
Research
Cons
Long Hours
Productive and Fun Work Place
Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 13, 2017
Awesome Experience in work. More chance to work as a developer and got to know how things are working beyond the concepts studied in class. Flexible timing.
great place to learn
PhD Candidate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 12, 2017
This is a world class University in a world class city. The best part was the wonderful people I met and interacted with, especially at journal clubs.
Great Urban University Experience
Visiting Research Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 11, 2017
High quality university in the heart of Little Italy in Chicago.Great faculty and student mix on two campuses separated by Little Italy. Easy Metra ride from either of major train stations in Chicago loop.
Pros
great faculty
Cons
no free parking
Productive and fun workplace
Writing Center Tutor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 11, 2017
The staff is very encouraging and hands-on. They help guide you so that you can do better each day. If I ever had a problem I felt no hesitation to ask anyone a question -- great atmosphere. I enjoyed helping students with their writing pieces (resumes, cover letters, essays, speeches, and other pieces of writing).
Pros
experience and flexible
Cons
spent a short amount of time there
fun place to work
SummerHousing Assistant/Office Desk Attendant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 10, 2017
great place to work, meet lots of people, learn a lot aBout the college life . students are friendly and easy to serve. hours are fine and management is great
Pros
great management
Cons
low pay
Comfortable environment
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 5, 2017
I tutored at the Math and Science Learning Center. The workplace is very pleasant, where other students come for help. The workplace taught me to be patient and understand. Also, it helped me further boost my knowledge in Math and Statistics. The place is managed by a director, who keeps track of time and working hours. The hardest part of the job is when students come for help that is completely unrelated to what you know. The most enjoyable part is interacting with fellow students and looking at problems from their perspective.
Awesome environment
Aquatics Water Safety Instructor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 4, 2017
I loved working here, it's just the hours weren't consistent enough for me to live comfortably.
Very flexible hours for anyone looking to work here though!
IT helpdesk job
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 30, 2017
Typical day would involve helping out people with the problems that would come up with desktops, laptops and presentation/conference setups. This includes installing OS, essential software, resolving connectivity problems, setting up printers etc. The helpdesk also maintains the inventory of systems and services them when needed.
Graduate Assistant at University
Graduate Assistant, DHD - UIC (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 30, 2017
I worked as a graduate assistant at the Applied Health Sciences College - Department of Disability and Human Development.
I learnt a lot about windows administration. My manager is a very practical and straightforward person. I enjoyed working in the department.
Productive fast past environment with great personell.
Clinical Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 24, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of making appointments with patients, telling patients to come in for their medical pick-ups, filing and documenting them in the system and helping them fill out state health grants. I learned a great deal of what the patients went through and how to maintain a great deal of professionalism while giving empathy towards their situation. Management was very helpful and courteous with any questions i had regarding the patients. The workplace environment was very professional and fast paced but also diligent into helping the patients with any questions they had. The hardest part was trying to diagnose the patients and filing them under certain categories so the doctors wouldn't get confused. The most enjoyable part was all the experience I learned with my co-workers and my bosses.
Pros
Great management and personell.
Cons
Could get a little confusing with certain aspects of patients scenarios.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Illinois at Chicago. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2