University of Illinois at Chicago

University of Illinois at Chicago United States Employee Reviews

Comfortable Workplace
Supervisor (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 20, 2014
Cons: salary, no advacement opportunities
Co-workers are like a working family. The environment is comfortable and easy going. Work is flowing but has its down times while still keeping busy and productive.
Excellent Work Place
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 18, 2014
I enjoyed all of the work done and completed at University of Chicago
Engaging Research
Facilitator - Health Promotion Arm (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 18, 2014
Surveying participants as part of a research study. Getting out into the field was the most enjoyable part of the job
Nice people to work with
Office of Research Services (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 14, 2014
Enjoyed working here, nice people, interesting work. People worked really hard to help other people.
Great working atmosphere in an erudite organization
Advisor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 8, 2014
Its been a pleasure working under such great expertise and immersing enough experience and learning through the exposure.
A day began with lectures and classes followed by assisting professor in conducting labs for Pharm D students and grading their assignments.
Worked on several projects individually as well in group. Working in group has its own flavor, imbibing different ideas and understanding new creativity and in achieving together the best outcome.
The most difficult thing during this academic career was to manage graduate classes complete self assignments, assist and grade students' assignments, complete projects and take exams. It requires immense planning in multi-tasking and trying excel in all of the fields.
Busy and challenging work place. Lots to learn on a daily basis
CMA (Current Employee), Chicago, IlMay 4, 2014
Pros: lots to learn. working with physician's and helping patients. salary
Cons: not much. wish i started sooner
Started here over a year ago after a short stint working at another clinic/company. Its like night and day. The level of health care is so much better here. Busy clinic but work with a great team of clinicians. Never a dull moment. Theres always something new to learn and staff is great. You do work hard but management is flexible with work/life balance and are supportive of continuing education. So blessed to be a part of a great team and look forward to many years here. Great benefits. Better pay than other medical facilities.
Review as a resident and fellow
Infectious Diseases Pharmacotherapy Fellow (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 1, 2014
Pros: good clinicians and a department that cares about the residents
Cons: low pay, long hours
Residency life is no different at UIC. You do have the on-call program which can make it a little more challenging than other programs. The college respects its residents however, and you never feel taken advantage of.
Encouraging work Place
Research assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 23, 2014
Lot of chances for advancement in your project. Supervisor is always ready for providing his point of view and always allows us to think independently. My project was focused on development of peptide against viral entry using phage display technology.
Fast pace environment
Case Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 21, 2014
Pros: this is a great opportunity to understand older adults.
Cons: unfortunately not enough time to cover the case management needs of so many.
Excellent opportunity to become an expert on Adult care issues. reviewing participants files during the morning period every day and home visits in the afternoon. Administration keeps a close overlook on staff for work issues,the hadest part of the job is the amount of paper work required and the most rewarding or pleasant is to see seniors getting their meals, medical services and pharmacies needs covered.
Interesting place to learn biology
Reaserch Specialist (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 15, 2014
I am going to miss this place.I worked with very professional people there.
Productive and fun work place.
Receptionist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 10, 2014
Pros: friendly people, staff and management.
Cons: no health benefits and job security.
I was the front desk receptionist so the day started by checking voicemail and email. I learned alot at this particular job, how to be a better receptionist and how to manage any situation. Management was very helpful and always available when needed. My co-workers were great made the job and day more enjoyable. Hardest part of the job was the high volume of visitors to the facility. The most enjoyable part was meeting new people and having a great working environment.
Good Learning Experience
Projects (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 9, 2014
-Good Course work.
-Excellent Faculty
-Resources available like designing tool (Cadence, Hspice etc)
Great teaching and instrumentation experience
NMR Technician (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 7, 2014
This position has been a great opportunity to teach students about NMR spectroscopy and proper use of the instrument. In addition, I became familiar with new methods and basic instrument maintenance.
Great Place to work
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 5, 2014
Acted as student web administrator small department in UIC. Working at UIC was fun.
Part time work at the university
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 24, 2014
Learnt ASP.Net fundamentals.
Management has been very good.
Hardest part of the job is to work during exams in college.
Interesting and stimulating atmosphere
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 12, 2014
Pros: meeting and helping patients
Cons: management changed directions
My day was pretty typical with assigned duties on certain days but overall manageable. Some days different physicians needed help with different projects but they could always be fitted in and added to my daily duties.
Flexible and good work environment
Research Associate (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 11, 2014
I was working in a research laboratory which tends to be secluded from the university. I liked the flexibility of the job and it was mostly low pressure job.
Good place of work for students
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 2, 2014
Decent place for an assistantship. Tough management.Good place of work for students.
Learning experience
Patient Navigator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 21, 2014
Assisted patients with cancer studies. Worked in various hospitals.
I love teaching. UIC gives me this opportunity to find my favorite job.
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 20, 2014
As a TA, I am also a PhD student. I have to spend some time in my learning. But I enjoy my teaching job. I give students discussion sessions on Tuesdays and Thursdays, I also need to grade their quizzes and exams, and record their scores. I like discussion sessions the best, my students and I have positive and active interactions.
Sometimes, when I made more efforts to explain, my students got more confused. I was very upset about that. Fortunately, I got ideas from my students, and I realized many details that I didn't pay attention at first. For example, My teaching should be consistent with their professor's teaching, I shouldn't skip too many algebra steps.
I hope I can have a job of teaching after I graduate from UIC.

University of Illinois at Chicago Salaries