University of Illinois at Springfield

University of Illinois at Springfield United States Employee Reviews

Little Advancement
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Springfield, ILMarch 4, 2015
There was a lot of doing the grunt work and paper work that professors were not willing to do. It was a nice on-campus job that allowed for great networking.
fun place to work and learn
Web Associate- Student worker (Former Employee), Springfield, ILFebruary 8, 2015
A day when i had to do something i did not know and i had to make a report of it by the end of the day.

I went and googled everything and learnt about that particular work and made the report. Though my report was not as perfect as my supervisor makes but it was satisfactory because i was able to grasp things quickly and effectively make use of it.
keeping work organized is my primary goal as this makes it easy for me to understand what is the next important step that i need to take.
Not only at work, but even in my life i keep my work organized.

My co-workers always guided me. But there were times when it used to get difficult when my co-worker who was also a student did not understand my point. But in a team we have to keep everyones point of view and only then a team can junction.

My hardest part at the job would be when i do not complete my work on time. So i try to finish it before the deadline. I willingly stay back and complete my work if it gets pending.

Every part of my job i enjoyed. Even when i made mistakes and even when i excelled. This job made me learn a lot from my mistakes. later I was able to better understand and deal when i made mistakes.
cooking
Cook/Cashier/Dishwasher (Former Employee), Springfield, ILJanuary 15, 2015
I enjoyed my job I got to meet new people each day. I bonded with my co- workers.
Caterer/Bartender/Server (Former Employee), Springfield, ILJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: .
Cons: .
This is an on-call position I held while attending school. I continued to work there for several years thereafter.
Great place to work at
Groundskeeper (Former Employee), Springfield, ILJanuary 6, 2015
Nice place to work, management needed some work liked working around people.
Great mentors, valuable experience
Whitney M. Young Fellow (Former Employee), Springfield, ILOctober 29, 2014
Pros: project development experience, independent work
My fellowship hours were spent developing and implementing projects, keeping journals and other records of my activities and reporting back the the board at fellowship meetings. I learned a lot about being self sufficient and I learned that I could accomplish great things independently as it was my first experience working almost entirely on my own.
office work
Data Process Production Controller (Former Employee), Springfield, ILSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: working with students
Cons: pay
I started at UIS as a clerk typist where I dealt with students and their financial aid paperwork. I then moved to the admissions office and worked with students on their admission paperwork. I then moved to the AITS office and worked with the computer system and printing out required paperwork.
Best online and In-class curriculum in the U of Illinois
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Springfield, ILMarch 29, 2014
Very good programs with small class sizes and excellent funding opportunities for graduate students
Worked around my class schedule
Greenhouse Student Worker (Current Employee), Springfield, ILAugust 16, 2013
The supervisor did everything in her power to work around and accomodate my class schedule.