University of Illinois at Springfield Employee Reviews

Enjoy helping the students learn life skills and see the progress after graduation
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILAugust 11, 2015
I monitor several CATI stations and employees. The hardest part of the job is the lack of communication between offices. Most enjoyable is the completion of productivity on a project and watching the employees learning work ethics, etc. My co-workers are the best.
Pros
Versatile work schedule
Cons
[art-time/no benefits
My Summary
Admissions and Records Officer (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILMarch 31, 2015
My typical day at work in mostly going through student files and then once they are prepped they get scanned so we can view the images electronically. I have learned more technical aspect of my job title that has made me build my work ethics and do more research. I split the management of our student workers. I have 4 student workers that I supervisor in the process of document imaging. Most of my co-worker are very helpful and friendly to get all with. I go through each and every day and focus on the tasks that I need to complete. The most enjoyable is being able to work with all my co-workers and other department around out campus.
Little Advancement
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILMarch 4, 2015
There was a lot of doing the grunt work and paper work that professors were not willing to do. It was a nice on-campus job that allowed for great networking.
fun place to work and learn
Web Associate- Student worker (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILFebruary 8, 2015
A day when i had to do something i did not know and i had to make a report of it by the end of the day.

I went and googled everything and learnt about that particular work and made the report. Though my report was not as perfect as my supervisor makes but it was satisfactory because i was able to grasp things quickly and effectively make use of it.
keeping work organized is my primary goal as this makes it easy for me to understand what is the next important step that i need to take.
Not only at work, but even in my life i keep my work organized.

My co-workers always guided me. But there were times when it used to get difficult when my co-worker who was also a student did not understand my point. But in a team we have to keep everyones point of view and only then a team can junction.

My hardest part at the job would be when i do not complete my work on time. So i try to finish it before the deadline. I willingly stay back and complete my work if it gets pending.

Every part of my job i enjoyed. Even when i made mistakes and even when i excelled. This job made me learn a lot from my mistakes. later I was able to better understand and deal when i made mistakes.
cooking
Cook/Cashier/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJanuary 15, 2015
I enjoyed my job I got to meet new people each day. I bonded with my co- workers.
Caterer/Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJanuary 13, 2015
This is an on-call position I held while attending school. I continued to work there for several years thereafter.
Great place to work at
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJanuary 6, 2015
Nice place to work, management needed some work liked working around people.
Great mentors, valuable experience
Whitney M. Young Fellow (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILOctober 29, 2014
My fellowship hours were spent developing and implementing projects, keeping journals and other records of my activities and reporting back the the board at fellowship meetings. I learned a lot about being self sufficient and I learned that I could accomplish great things independently as it was my first experience working almost entirely on my own.
Pros
project development experience, independent work
office work
Data Process Production Controller (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILSeptember 29, 2014
I started at UIS as a clerk typist where I dealt with students and their financial aid paperwork. I then moved to the admissions office and worked with students on their admission paperwork. I then moved to the AITS office and worked with the computer system and printing out required paperwork.
Pros
working with students
Cons
pay
Best online and In-class curriculum in the U of Illinois
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILMarch 29, 2014
Very good programs with small class sizes and excellent funding opportunities for graduate students
Worked around my class schedule
Greenhouse Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILAugust 16, 2013
The supervisor did everything in her power to work around and accomodate my class schedule.