University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Employee Reviews

Great people, great place to work
Counseling Center Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILJuly 1, 2017
I worked as a paraprofessional in the Counseling Center. They prepared me extremely well for professional work upon graduation. The clinicians were friendly, professional, and cared about my professional growth. There is a lot to be done in the Counseling Center and I was regularly busy, but it was all very rewarding. I highly recommend working in the Counseling Center.
Productive and friendly environment
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILJune 28, 2017
I worked at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign as research assistant during my graduate study. All of the professors I've met are really helpful and knowladgeable. People are very friendly. I couldn't be more happy there.
Typical day at work
Office Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Urbana-Champaign, ILJune 6, 2017
Became very routine. No room for much change within the work role from day to day. When there was change it quickly ended. The pace became slow and work became less frequent.
Productive and Educational
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Urbana-Champaign, ILJune 4, 2017
Learned the proper steps to complete a research study. Thorough training to make sure everything required was learned and if any questions arose it was made sure to be answered.
Great University
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Urbana-Champaign, ILJune 4, 2017
Great study environment and lab facilities. Friendly professors and brilliant students. People love research and sharing knowledge here. If you want to develop your research skill, here is a really good place.
Researcher, not employee
Undergraduate Independent Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILMay 22, 2017
I was an Undergraduate Researcher, not an employee at the University. It was a very enjoyable experiece to work under Dr. Berenbaum though. The research experience was very enjoyable.
Relaxed environment as a graduate student
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILMay 19, 2017
My duties included teaching undergraduate level courses, grading, attending meetings, and proctoring exams. Overall, I would say I worked about 12 hrs a week for a 50% FTE job. Not too bad. Compensation is fair.
I was a Research Assistant
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Urbana-Champaign, ILMay 2, 2017
Not a paid job but more for the experience which helped me down the road in healthcare. I helped a PhD candidate with his thesis on transnational immigrants and their health practices.
Pros
education
Good School
GRADUATE RESEARCH/TEACHING ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Urbana, ILMay 1, 2017
Good school. Worked as graduate research assistant (student). Decided to change paths so I left. Your experience will be entirely dependent on your field/advisor.
Pros
good reputation, good education
Cons
location
Great Experience
Residential Advisor (Current Employee) –  Urbana-Champaign, ILApril 10, 2017
Great experience for Undergraduate students. Gives you an opportunity to explore social justice issues not only just through class, but on a personal level with your residents.
Good place to do research
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Urbana-Champaign, ILMarch 30, 2017
This is a good place to do research, with less interference. Also, the living cost is very low. One can live very comfortably. Also, people here tend to be nicer than those in big cities.
Good environment
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Urbana-Champaign, ILMarch 27, 2017
This is a really good working and studing environment that I enjoyed so much. My supervisor is kind and helpful. I got fully traning before I start working and I learned more during my working period.
Good place to work and study
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Urbana-Champaign, ILMarch 12, 2017
An excellent place to work and study, I have learned a lot from here including team work, critical thinking, technical writing and presenting skill whihc are important in career.
The professor I work with is considerate
Grader (Current Employee) –  Urbana, ILMarch 5, 2017
I help to prepare the course material, answer emails from students
I also help to grade in-class quizzes, assignments, group projects, midterm and final
productive and nice place to live
Postdoc, Professor Satish K. Nair Group (Current Employee) –  Urbana-Champaign, ILFebruary 23, 2017
In research lab working time is dependent on your own arrangement and the pressure from different professors.
I have learnt new skills like protein crystallography in UIUC.
In general UIUC is a friendly working place.
Simple student opinion
HPPT (High Performance Plasma Thruster) (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILJanuary 17, 2017
The university gave me a great opportunity to work on projects well beyond my years. As an employee, they helped me interact with some of the brightest minds in my field.
Inclusive and professional
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Urbana-Champaign, ILJanuary 14, 2017
Great environment. I have worked at the College of the Education (the most inclusively professional in my mind). The staff is very aware of the different backgrounds employees come with.
Great
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Urbana-Champaign, ILNovember 30, 2016
Great work environment and good professor to work under. Time is flexible and pay is decent. Work-life balance is good.
The best place for doing research
Graduate Research Assistant and Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Urbana, ILNovember 11, 2016
The best place for doing research. No other distractions. People are nice and willing to collaborate. Many resources. The only con is that the winter is too cold.
Many learning and networking opportunities
Public Relations Intern (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILOctober 24, 2016
During my time as an intern for iVenture Accelerator, I was able to meet successful entrepreneurs, various university faculty, and impressive students! I learned valuable skills in business writing and communication and fine-tuned my strengths in interpersonal skills in the office.