University of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences System Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Heavy work load
Medical Staff Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 16, 2017
It was productive working in the Medical Staff Office. It was very intense and no down time. Many deadline had to be met. Overall you stayed busy. We were under staff which called for a lot of over-time. The experience of learning credentialing for almost two years was rewarding.
Pros
We closed the office for the holidays
Cons
No breaks, work load heavy
Great Service, flexible and good for a career in the long run
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 7, 2017
The environment is very friendly and professional. So many opportunities for growth. Customer Service is priority and employees are as well . Uic Hospital is a good place for opportunity
Fun place
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 8, 2017
Love working with this company,but job became stressful for me,I had to take a personel leave of absence,and did not work long enough to keep it,overall everyone was plesant to work with and seem to like working here.
Pros
Teaching class
Cons
Learning
Histology tech, I've experienced worst places to work
Histology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 22, 2017
Job security is better than most places. There is really no room for advancement in this position. The pay was much better than your average lab. Management definitely needs work.
Academic Institution
Billing Manager, Graduate Medical Education (Current Employee) –  IllinoisSeptember 28, 2016
Great place to spread your wings and learn from grass roots. You gain experience through collaboration and the communication. This is an effort you must have in order to be successful here at this institution.
Pros
State Institution
Cons
Antiquated Culture
Fulfilling work duties with good benefits but lack of career advancement
Purchasing Officer II (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 8, 2016
What I do love about coming to work is the opportunity I have to make a difference every day. Whether that is saving the University points on the bottom line or assisting patients to, from, and within the hospital. This is a responsibility I take on every day. What is discouraging is the lack of career development within departments.
Very well structured/managed hospital and pharmacy department
Supervisor/staff pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 20, 2015
Excellent opportunity for advancement, team work oriented place, no stress or pressure at all.
Very cooperative staff and middle management.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere, well managed
Cons
all is very good
A great hospital
Dietetic Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 19, 2015
UI Health has a well-rounded and effective dietetics department. I very much enjoyed working with the staff and learning about specialized areas of dietetics.
Organization striving to change healthcare in Chicago and its surrounding communities
Health Information Management Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 1, 2014
Organization has made great strides in providing patient centric healthcare through employee and patient engagement.
Information Management and Analysis through to Day to Day Strategy and Overall Strategy
Business Administration Associate (Current Employee) –  ILMarch 13, 2014
My current employment combines taking hard data and analyzing it and then being able to completely and understandably communicate this information in order to influence future marketing strategies. This work comes through the University of Illinois Health Enterprise Marketing Department and involves everything from registering impacts of advertising to the financial costs of day-to-day activities. This information is then used to decide if current strategy is working or if new directions are necessary. My coworkers look to me more than anything for assistance in organizing information through excel. This includes building several sheets that track the departments’ Project Management, Time Management, and Financial Management. All the sheets, while user friendly, are set up in a way where minimal effort provides maximum information through formulas and key metrics so the information is process and showcased in an understandable format for executives. Through this process I’ve learned how to walk through a project, how to incorporate good and bad feedback, and the significance of clear communication across service lines. My job in the simplest of terms is to make everyone around me successful, I enjoy the challenges that often arise while trying to do my job as well as the opportunity to learn something new every day.
Pros
My coworkers, the learning culture, the continued challenges, walking through processes and then finding ways to improve them, reducing marketing costs while expanding marketing efforts, learning quickly
Cons
playing a "bad guy" role on my own, communication can become frustrating in this setting, overlooked in some strategy sessions, often overlooked for projects, getting to complete some of the more visable tasks
nurturing environment
Marketing Department Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 19, 2012
There was a great deal of support for students.

its a changing institution with a new system in place

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences System. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3