University of Illinois Hospital Employee Reviews

The atmosphere is always plesent and everyone is a joy to work around
House keeping (Current Employee) –  IllinoisFebruary 22, 2017
UIC Hospital is a caring place that I love and look forward to going to every day. The faculty and staff, are always pleasant, eager , and willing to help anyone .its overall a great place to work. I had to make sure the patients rooms and areas were kept clean I learned that taking care of people is one of the most rewarding jobs Ive ever had. I believe the hardest part of the job was seeing the patients leave and go home or watching them expire. To me the most enjoyable part was getting to talk to patients from different walks of live , and some from other countrys
Great Benefits if You Can See Wade Through Apathy
Administrative Aide (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 13, 2016
Staff morale is often low across the spectrum of departments. There are a lot of efforts towards increasing patient satisfaction but I'm not sure if the connection that exists between the low morale of staff and patient engagement is seen by the highest levels of management. On the flip side- there is room for growth or lateral moves around the hospital and the benefits are pretty good.
Benefits
Cons
Management is often poor
Great manual therapy based internship
Student Physical Therapist Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 6, 2016
I was a student intern here in the Physical Therapy department. A great and rigorous program for anyone interested in practicing manual therapy. There are a lot of fellow PTs and SPTs to learn and collaborate with.
a good place.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  IllinoisMay 23, 2016
i really didn't enjoy working here at all i dont think i like workin in this kind of department so i end up leaving to find something that work for me.
Great!
Social Work Trainee (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 2, 2016
I loved working here, but my internship came to an end. I like the outpatient setting and loved the culture at this clinic. The patients were great too.
Productive and exciting
Transporter (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 7, 2014
A typical day for me is the log in to my system receive a job and proceed to the patients room. once at the patients room I explain why I am at the room and let them know where they are going for the text. I then help the patient on the equipment and we proceed to the testing area. I love my job because i love to interact with the patients and just listen to them and let them know somebody is here for them.
Not a place for those that want more out of life
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 12, 2015
Dead end job, stuck in positions with no way out. Everything is red tape and the pay is low. The pension is done for and there is no other reason to work her. I wouldn't recommend to anyone other than a college student that would only work here at most 5 years.
Pros
Free education, paid time off
Cons
low pay, bad management, they work against you.
Very productive
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 1, 2015
I enjoy working at this company my assignment will be ending very soon, I love working on precerts and registration for radiology patients having mri's, ct, pet scan, ultrasounds
Pros
HOURS
Cons
NO CONS
Nice place to start when you first enter the entry level after being off of work.
Medical Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 28, 2012
The benfit package was great. The people I meet was great to work with. they were friendly. There was diversity there. I worked with people in medical records, doctors and other staff members.
Can be a rewarding experience.
Department Information Supervisor (Current Employee) –  ILSeptember 26, 2014
Healthcare can really be a challenge no matter where you work. Simply because your clients come to see you most times when they are hurt or sick and not in their best moments.
Pros
Very steady.
Cons
Pension fears.
This was a teaching facility so residents were always available if needed.
Charge Nurse, NICU (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 29, 2013
I would receive report from night shift. I would then look at the infant's MARs to see when their meds were needed to be given. I would do an assessment on each infant, give meds, suction through the ET Tube PRN, bathe, change linens, and turn the infants. There may be some infants that were not so critical that may have needed NG/po feedings, so I would have fed them. If parents were available, I would ask if they had any questions. If needed, they would speak to the resident or I would help them and if needed and do some education. There may be an admission throughout the day, so I would chart on the infants as soon as possible, so not to get behind. I can not say anything about the management since I worked there so long ago and don't rermember anything. The hardest part of the job was seeing the premies with multiple anomalies and not surviving. The parents were devastated.
Pros
Excellent salary and benefits.
Cons
Hearing gunshots outside when you were leaving work.
Excellent opportunities
Nursing Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 4, 2013
Great diverse place to work at with numerous avenues to advance. Hard to get into this State run job.
Pros
Benefits and advancement opportunities
Cons
Hard to commute to
Exceptional place of employment
Medical Insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 26, 2013
Amazing benefits and flexibility as a civil service employee.
This is a great hospital to work for.
clinical internship (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 4, 2014
The staff is caring and committed to high quality patient care.
Great Place to work!
Volunteer in Baby Cuddlers Program (Current Employee) –  ILAugust 14, 2013
Work schedule is manageable and the work environment is great.
productive
food service and sanitation laborer (Current Employee) –  ILJune 1, 2012
A typical day at work is fast-paced, time framed,andd enjoyable
Loved working here out of all the places I ever worked!
Dialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 27, 2014
I worked as a dialysis technician in a hospital setting taking care of CKD patients in the ICUs of the hospital and also serving the chronic unit across the street from the main entrance to the hospital. I monitored patients' statuses after initiating dialysis and reported any changes to the charge RNs on duty. Management was good...we were unionized employees so the pay was pretty good and so were the benefits. My coworkers were fun, thoughtful, appreciative, and respectful - AT ALL TIMES!!!! Very professional, and took pride in what they did for a living, as well as made sure that they were as up-to-date as possible in their duties by pursuing certifications in this field. The hardest part of my job here was leaving. I relocated to another state for work because at that time, I needed to change my cost of living from higher to lower. The most enjoyable part of my job was watching my patients learn about their disease and really try to make as much progress as possible when we were not with them. I also enjoyed being allowed to train staff in this field, since I did have the experience to do so. And I enjoyed knowing that the managers did not tie one person down for this special task, as they had confidence in all of our abilities to train new staff members.
Pros
Many celebrations going on there, family environment, we did potlucks all the time, and really enjoyed helping eachother...a real team atomosphere.
Cons
I can't remember any cons to be perfectly honest.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Illinois Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2