University of Indianapolis Employee Reviews

Good job but not very fun.
Phonathon Student Caller (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 13, 2017
Since the job consisted of calling donors there was much time to interact with other employees and have fun. Needed to make work experiences more entertaining.
Pros
Meet new people
Cons
Short breaks
Friendly and family like atmosphere
Curriculum Advisor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 11, 2017
UIndy has been a great place to work for as they have been flexible and accommodating with employee needs. Micromanagement is at a minimum and you are free to grow in your position.
Pros
Free education
Cons
Very low pay based on eduaction and experiecne
Summary
Site Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 5, 2017
A small campus environment makes for a sense of community among staff. It is nice working for this company. The tuition benefits and the amount of time off is very nice.
As a student, having this part time on campus job was very convienent
Student Ambassador / Office of Alumni Engagement (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 26, 2017
I really enjoyed being a student worker for the alumni house. It allowed me to have a little extra cash in my pocket during the school. They work with your class schedule and I never had to work more than 10 hours a week. I think on campus jobs are great for students who don't need to work to pay for college but still want to have some money to go out to eat or do fun activities.
Great Job
Grad Assistant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 4, 2017
Love coaching and working with college athletes. I am getting grad school paid for, but other than that there is no compensation so I need a job in order to live out ehre
UIndy Football Team
Student Athlete (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 4, 2017
Great team and culture to be apart of. Learned from some great upperclassmen and had great coaches and mentors from day 1. Really enjoyed my time with the team.
Great for a student
Student Crew (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 3, 2017
There are times where you can do homework and chill and there are blocks of time where you are SLAVING non stop with Event Services. If you are a student.. on campus employment is good sometimes but not always.
Graduate Assistant
Graduate Assistant Coach (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 14, 2017
Great opportunity for anyone interested in connecting coaching with getting a good education. The academic level is really good and the staff and athletic department is very nice and helpful.
Upbeat workplace
Lab prep assistant (Former Employee) –  Biology departmentFebruary 2, 2017
My experience working at the University of Indianapolis was one of a kind. It allowed me to work independently and feel secure in myself. I transferred to a different college which is why I no longer work there.
Typical Student supervisory job
Student Coordinator/Student Mentor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 9, 2017
As a coordinator and mentor, I felt my compensation was quite poor. I was making the same amount as my employees. There was no motivation to work harder than my comrades. However, I got great personal satisfaction with my job and made a lot of friends.
Pros
on campus
Cons
poor pay
Excellent Work-Study Opportunity to Advance Skills!
Sound Technician (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 6, 2016
A typical day as a sound technician at the Ruth Lilly Performance Hall was most stressful during setup before the event and the very start of the event to make sure the recording process is smooth. Usually only one or two technicians are working in the sound booth or downstairs on the PA board at a time, depending on the complexity of the event. However, the job does offer development in troubleshooting skills while also pushing for independence and creativity. Pro Tools editing skills, as well as basic archiving were of importance. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to truly have a "behind the scenes" feeling while experiencing a multitude of phenomenal concerts and/or productions.
Pros
Flexible schedules, friendly environment, productiveness and growth positively encouraged
Cons
No benefits, not enough shifts
Good Time Off Schedule-OK Place to Work as Long as You Have College-Aged Children Otherwise Think Long and Hard
Transcript Advisor, Center for Advising (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 15, 2016
Children of university employees get free undergraduate tuition, and employees get a fairly similar vacation schedule as students do. Otherwise, there is a wide atmosphere of paranoia & lack of confidence & appreciation & trust from university leadership towards its employees, and those attitudes filter down to departmental supervisors. Most annual salaries are not that great, and spouses are no longer covered in university health insurance. That wasn't always the case; that change happened in the last couple of years.
I was a student
Student Business Leadership Academy --President (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 22, 2016
Great for growing networks and establishing connections within businesses. It was probable the best decision of my life. Got to plan events, meet CEOs and network within the community. Scholarship opportunities also available
Adjunct Professor
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 6, 2016
Taught a semester here. Had a lot of fun and it was a great experience. The administration gave me a lot of room to create my own experience for the students. Very organized.
A place to make a difference
Graduate Assistant Men's Basketball Coach (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 2, 2016
Garden Hills Elementary gives you the opportunity to teach and connect with families and students from all walks of live. This is definitely a place where you will be planting seeds for the future.
football player
College Athlete (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 3, 2016
i was a college athlete so it was the best time of my life
i loved my coaches and the relationships we built
ultimately i am very thankful
Culture has Changed
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 31, 2015
This was once a very nice place to work, but since the new administration, it is not. It has become very corporate and no job is safe. You are at a constant risk to lose your job due to "reorganization". Benefits are not as great. You can't treat every industry like a corporation. Customer service and quality suffers due to money becoming the primary objective.
Pros
Vacation time
Cons
Reorganization
Great working environment!
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 2, 2015
Good working environment and good work culture. Very supportive management and co-workers. The most rewarding part of the job is teaching young adults and seeing them learn and grow over the course of the class.
Was a great place to work
Koval Clinic -management, front office duties (Current Employee) –  1400 E Hanna AveOctober 31, 2015
Was a great place to work, but new management leads a lot to be desired. New President not involved in employees at all. This was to be a Health and Wellness Clinic...never allowed to go anywhere with it. Now clinic is pretty much gone for the employees.
Pros
Time off
Cons
Health care
University of Indianapolis Tennis
Student Athlete on Scholarship (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 16, 2015
Inspired by a hard-working environment, the University of Indianapolis provided me with so much opportunity to better myself. As a 4-year member of the collegiate tennis team, I learned more about the game and more about myself than ever before. With the support of my teammates, family, administration, and coaches, I was able to excel in our conference and become one of the top tennis players in the Division II Midwest Region.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Indianapolis. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4