University of Indianapolis Employee Reviews in United States

Great working environment!
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 2, 2015
Good working environment and good work culture. Very supportive management and co-workers. The most rewarding part of the job is teaching young adults and seeing them learn and grow over the course of the class.
Culture has Changed
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 31, 2015
This was once a very nice place to work, but since the new administration, it is not. It has become very corporate and no job is safe. You are at a constant risk to lose your job due to "reorganization". Benefits are not as great. You can't treat every industry like a corporation. Customer service and quality suffers due to money becoming the primary objective.
Pros
Vacation time
Cons
Reorganization
Was a great place to work
Koval Clinic -management, front office duties (Current Employee) –  1400 E Hanna AveOctober 31, 2015
Was a great place to work, but new management leads a lot to be desired. New President not involved in employees at all. This was to be a Health and Wellness Clinic...never allowed to go anywhere with it. Now clinic is pretty much gone for the employees.
Pros
Time off
Cons
Health care
A place to make a difference
Graduate Assistant Men's Basketball Coach (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 2, 2016
Garden Hills Elementary gives you the opportunity to teach and connect with families and students from all walks of live. This is definitely a place where you will be planting seeds for the future.
Adjunct Professor
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 6, 2016
Taught a semester here. Had a lot of fun and it was a great experience. The administration gave me a lot of room to create my own experience for the students. Very organized.
football player
College Athlete (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 3, 2016
i was a college athlete so it was the best time of my life
i loved my coaches and the relationships we built
ultimately i am very thankful
University of Indianapolis Tennis
Student Athlete on Scholarship (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 16, 2015
Inspired by a hard-working environment, the University of Indianapolis provided me with so much opportunity to better myself. As a 4-year member of the collegiate tennis team, I learned more about the game and more about myself than ever before. With the support of my teammates, family, administration, and coaches, I was able to excel in our conference and become one of the top tennis players in the Division II Midwest Region.
Fun to work with children on stories.
Tutor/Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 21, 2015
It was fun to work with the children and help them develop interesting characters within their writing.The work mainly consisted of trying to make their characters more relate-able and interesting; as they were writing about super heroes they tended to give them super power type abilities and made them little more than those abilities. I had fun explaining to them how a character can be interesting. Mainly they needed to understand that their character having no weaknesses, no flaws, and nothing they need to improve on or learn as they effortlessly defeated villains was not interesting or relate-able. I likened it to a machine easily crushing things they are designed to crush, neat to look at for the first time or two but most will quickly lose interest.
Pros
Fun, researching fiction writing
Cons
hard explaining difficult concepts to children, not a lot of time to do so
course instructor
Course Instructor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 23, 2015
I enjoy being a professional learner and teacher. I educated on the basic principles of pharmacology, pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, drug interactions, adverse drug events, in general, how drugs produce their effects. It rewarding to see students progress thru the program and gain the confidence and competence to revolutionize health care knowledge development with an emphasis on practice knowledge and translation. My personal mission is to lead change and advance health in populations by focusing on preventative health that will lead to preventable deaths. This has and will continue to be accomplished by empowering others through leadership and education.
I am delighted and humbled to have been introduced to the brilliance, passion, and energy of future advance practice nurses They are sources of countless innovations that will enrich and improve our lives.
Pros
It offered stimulating dialogue
Cons
none noted
Excellent small, private university campus and culture.
Associate Adjunct faculty (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 6, 2012
Nuturting culture, gorgeous campus, lots of academic freedom, superior support staff.

I love teaching and UIndy is providing a wonderful opportunity for me.
Pros
academic freedom, excellent support staff, good facilities, caring family type of culture.
Cons
lack of adequate a-v and it in many classrooms, hesitancy to evolve curriculum and teaching methodology, lack of benefits for adjunct faculty, relatively low compensation.
Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant in Publications (Current Employee) –  University of IndianapolisMay 12, 2014
* Manage daily operations
* Work with printers to oversee jobs
* Work with departments to create and submit jobs for publication
* Manage marketing ads-submit for approval to outside sources
* Manage email, correspondence and some departmental calendars
* Edit, write and aid others within department to get jobs done
* Some billing and invoicing
Pros
great benefits, lousy pay
Cons
no room for advancement in career
Internship- learning environment
Athletic Services Intern (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis IndianaJune 16, 2014
Work Day,
-Responsible for pregame set up of all home games
-Assist visiting teams to locker rooms and provide a professional demeanor to coaching staff
-Create a personal checklist of tasks to be completed before & after the sporting event
-Must be able to work independently or with others for hours at a time
-Assist with half time promotions/giveaways
Pros
flexible hours, learning environment, networking
Cons
non pay due to nature of internship
University of Indianapolis
Full-Time Student (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 3, 2015
Is the college I attend, full-time. I pay to attend and like going to school at UIndy. I don't have an honest review as this is not an employer and I wanted to show what I have been doing during this time.
Productive place where we set-up for events and help guest
Student manager of Conference and Scheduling (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 21, 2013
We set up for events that are happening on campus. This ranges from tables and chairs, to audio equipment. Also we are an information center for the university and answer questions for guests. The workers are mostly all students who currently attend the University of Indianapolis and there is A director and assistant director who schedule all the events who are graduates of the University. One of the hardest parts of the jobs is getting everything perfect for very high profile events on campus but overall its a perfect job for a student to get their homework done when not doing a setup for an event
Pros
study time
Cons
some very complex setups and sometimes quick turn over rates for events
a fun place to work with excellent co workers
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  indianapolis indianaDecember 3, 2014
the day would start with setting up labs or preparing for class and involved considerable amount of quality learning since the classes were conducted by some of the best in the field. The hardest part was to be quick and spontaneous in your response to students. The best part about the job was the ability to be a team player and also getting the opportunity to work with some of the best co workers.
Friendly managment
3rd shift custodian (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 20, 2015
I have learned to stay ahead of my job from hiring manager and Director. The hardest part is just being in a building by oneself throughout the shift but it also allows me to focus on what I need to get done.
Pros
training
Cons
time
Worked with other students; laid back atmosphere
Greyhound Message Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 9, 2013
I was a part-time student worker. I called prospective high school students and marketed the University of Indianapolis to them. We had a supervisor but they trusted us to get our work done, so they were hands-off for the most part. I would say the most enjoyable part was working with other students and the flexible schedule. The hardest part was dealing with the parents or the people who were upset when you called.
Pros
laid back atmosphere, positive working place
Great University with an extremely helpful Math Department
Math Lab Tutor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 21, 2014
The University of Indianapolis is a great place to learn and study. The professors in the Math Department are very helpful, and their instruction and guidance makes the tutors in the Math Lab as great as they are. I am very fortunate to be part of this tight-knit group.
Duties for the nursing department.
Nursing Department (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 4, 2014
I scan, print, and make copies for the faculty in the nursing department. I also run errands, complete miscellaneous tasks, answer phones, fill in spreadsheets, and create classroom rosters. I have learned to take initiative and find tasks to keep myself busy. Although I have a set schedule, the faculty is flexible and allow me to switch hours if necessary.
Enjoyable work as a student assistant
Student assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis INFebruary 11, 2014
Job tasks included organizational filing, documentation creation, documentation editing, publication creation, working with confidential information, calendar work, meeting preparation, campus wide communication both written and verbal, answering phones, as well as miscellaneous office tasks.

4.4