University of Indianapolis Employee Reviews in United States

Good Time Off Schedule-OK Place to Work as Long as You Have College-Aged Children Otherwise Think Long and Hard
Transcript Advisor, Center for Advising (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 15, 2016
Children of university employees get free undergraduate tuition, and employees get a fairly similar vacation schedule as students do. Otherwise, there is a wide atmosphere of paranoia & lack of confidence & appreciation & trust from university leadership towards its employees, and those attitudes filter down to departmental supervisors. Most annual salaries are not that great, and spouses are no longer covered in university health insurance. That wasn't always the case; that change happened in the last couple of years.
I was a student
Student Business Leadership Academy --President (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 22, 2016
Great for growing networks and establishing connections within businesses. It was probable the best decision of my life. Got to plan events, meet CEOs and network within the community. Scholarship opportunities also available
Adjunct Professor
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 6, 2016
Taught a semester here. Had a lot of fun and it was a great experience. The administration gave me a lot of room to create my own experience for the students. Very organized.
A place to make a difference
Graduate Assistant Men's Basketball Coach (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 2, 2016
Garden Hills Elementary gives you the opportunity to teach and connect with families and students from all walks of live. This is definitely a place where you will be planting seeds for the future.
football player
College Athlete (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 3, 2016
i was a college athlete so it was the best time of my life
i loved my coaches and the relationships we built
ultimately i am very thankful
Culture has Changed
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 31, 2015
This was once a very nice place to work, but since the new administration, it is not. It has become very corporate and no job is safe. You are at a constant risk to lose your job due to "reorganization". Benefits are not as great. You can't treat every industry like a corporation. Customer service and quality suffers due to money becoming the primary objective.
Pros
Vacation time
Cons
Reorganization
Great working environment!
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 2, 2015
Good working environment and good work culture. Very supportive management and co-workers. The most rewarding part of the job is teaching young adults and seeing them learn and grow over the course of the class.
Was a great place to work
Koval Clinic -management, front office duties (Current Employee) –  1400 E Hanna AveOctober 31, 2015
Was a great place to work, but new management leads a lot to be desired. New President not involved in employees at all. This was to be a Health and Wellness Clinic...never allowed to go anywhere with it. Now clinic is pretty much gone for the employees.
Pros
Time off
Cons
Health care
University of Indianapolis Tennis
Student Athlete on Scholarship (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 16, 2015
Inspired by a hard-working environment, the University of Indianapolis provided me with so much opportunity to better myself. As a 4-year member of the collegiate tennis team, I learned more about the game and more about myself than ever before. With the support of my teammates, family, administration, and coaches, I was able to excel in our conference and become one of the top tennis players in the Division II Midwest Region.
Fun to work with children on stories.
Tutor/Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 21, 2015
It was fun to work with the children and help them develop interesting characters within their writing.The work mainly consisted of trying to make their characters more relate-able and interesting; as they were writing about super heroes they tended to give them super power type abilities and made them little more than those abilities. I had fun explaining to them how a character can be interesting. Mainly they needed to understand that their character having no weaknesses, no flaws, and nothing they need to improve on or learn as they effortlessly defeated villains was not interesting or relate-able. I likened it to a machine easily crushing things they are designed to crush, neat to look at for the first time or two but most will quickly lose interest.
Pros
Fun, researching fiction writing
Cons
hard explaining difficult concepts to children, not a lot of time to do so

Want to know more about University of Indianapolis?

Ask a question
course instructor
Course Instructor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 23, 2015
I enjoy being a professional learner and teacher. I educated on the basic principles of pharmacology, pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, drug interactions, adverse drug events, in general, how drugs produce their effects. It rewarding to see students progress thru the program and gain the confidence and competence to revolutionize health care knowledge development with an emphasis on practice knowledge and translation. My personal mission is to lead change and advance health in populations by focusing on preventative health that will lead to preventable deaths. This has and will continue to be accomplished by empowering others through leadership and education.
I am delighted and humbled to have been introduced to the brilliance, passion, and energy of future advance practice nurses They are sources of countless innovations that will enrich and improve our lives.
Pros
It offered stimulating dialogue
Cons
none noted
University of Indianapolis
Full-Time Student (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 3, 2015
Is the college I attend, full-time. I pay to attend and like going to school at UIndy. I don't have an honest review as this is not an employer and I wanted to show what I have been doing during this time.
Friendly managment
3rd shift custodian (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 20, 2015
I have learned to stay ahead of my job from hiring manager and Director. The hardest part is just being in a building by oneself throughout the shift but it also allows me to focus on what I need to get done.
Pros
training
Cons
time
a fun place to work with excellent co workers
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  indianapolis indianaDecember 3, 2014
the day would start with setting up labs or preparing for class and involved considerable amount of quality learning since the classes were conducted by some of the best in the field. The hardest part was to be quick and spontaneous in your response to students. The best part about the job was the ability to be a team player and also getting the opportunity to work with some of the best co workers.
Great University with an extremely helpful Math Department
Math Lab Tutor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 21, 2014
The University of Indianapolis is a great place to learn and study. The professors in the Math Department are very helpful, and their instruction and guidance makes the tutors in the Math Lab as great as they are. I am very fortunate to be part of this tight-knit group.
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 2, 2014
Great University! This is a great university to attend. They are highly accredited and respected for their Nursing program
I worked with real professionals who worked well with each other
Visiting Assistant Professor (Doctoral Student) (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 11, 2014
I was only there one semester while the "real" professor was on sabbatical. I was well liked by students & faculty alike. I was asked upon leaving to apply for the Assistant Director position, but had to turn it down because I had just begun my PhD program. I was given a lot of positive feedback.
Pros
a great working team!
Cons
they used mac computers:(
Great place to go to school, and work.
Event Staff (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, InJune 19, 2014
Really didn't realize I was working. I was having so much fun that time went by so fast.
Internship- learning environment
Athletic Services Intern (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis IndianaJune 16, 2014
Work Day,
-Responsible for pregame set up of all home games
-Assist visiting teams to locker rooms and provide a professional demeanor to coaching staff
-Create a personal checklist of tasks to be completed before & after the sporting event
-Must be able to work independently or with others for hours at a time
-Assist with half time promotions/giveaways
Pros
flexible hours, learning environment, networking
Cons
non pay due to nature of internship
Excellent Place to Work
Director, International Division (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 21, 2014
Work days are 8:00am to 4:30pm. Most contracts are 12 month except for faculty positions which may be 9, 10 or 12 month contracts.

4.4