University of Indianapolis Employee Reviews

fun place with long hours
Strength & Conditioning Coach Intern (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 23, 2017
the hours were way too long and there is no pay. you are also obligated to spend the entire semester there even if you have reached your class hours. it was great experience though.
Pros
workout for free
Cons
no pay
Simple work for students
Telecounselor & Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 26, 2017
Good place to work if you are a student living on campus.

Immediate management is generally grad students and next level is whoever is in charge of that particular department.
Educational Experience
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 3, 2017
If I am on a crew for a show, the crew and I have to report to the theater an hour and a half earlier than the actors. Our job was to get everything set up; from the set and props to the lighting and sound. What I have learned is that there is a lot more to the theatre than most people think. It is not just putting on a performance. It requires a lot of focus, communication, and team work. The best part about this job is the bonds I have made with those that I have had the pleasure of working with.
Pros
Bonds, experience
Cons
Anxiety to make sure everything runs smoothly
Good job but not very fun.
Phonathon Student Caller (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 13, 2017
Since the job consisted of calling donors there was much time to interact with other employees and have fun. Needed to make work experiences more entertaining.
Pros
Meet new people
Cons
Short breaks
Friendly and family like atmosphere
Curriculum Advisor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 11, 2017
UIndy has been a great place to work for as they have been flexible and accommodating with employee needs. Micromanagement is at a minimum and you are free to grow in your position.
Pros
Free education
Cons
Very low pay based on eduaction and experiecne
Summary
Site Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 5, 2017
A small campus environment makes for a sense of community among staff. It is nice working for this company. The tuition benefits and the amount of time off is very nice.
As a student, having this part time on campus job was very convienent
Student Ambassador / Office of Alumni Engagement (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 26, 2017
I really enjoyed being a student worker for the alumni house. It allowed me to have a little extra cash in my pocket during the school. They work with your class schedule and I never had to work more than 10 hours a week. I think on campus jobs are great for students who don't need to work to pay for college but still want to have some money to go out to eat or do fun activities.
Great Job
Grad Assistant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 4, 2017
Love coaching and working with college athletes. I am getting grad school paid for, but other than that there is no compensation so I need a job in order to live out ehre
UIndy Football Team
Student Athlete (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 4, 2017
Great team and culture to be apart of. Learned from some great upperclassmen and had great coaches and mentors from day 1. Really enjoyed my time with the team.
Great for a student
Student Crew (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 3, 2017
There are times where you can do homework and chill and there are blocks of time where you are SLAVING non stop with Event Services. If you are a student.. on campus employment is good sometimes but not always.
Graduate Assistant
Graduate Assistant Coach (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 14, 2017
Great opportunity for anyone interested in connecting coaching with getting a good education. The academic level is really good and the staff and athletic department is very nice and helpful.
Upbeat workplace
Lab prep assistant (Former Employee) –  Biology departmentFebruary 2, 2017
My experience working at the University of Indianapolis was one of a kind. It allowed me to work independently and feel secure in myself. I transferred to a different college which is why I no longer work there.
Typical Student supervisory job
Student Coordinator/Student Mentor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 9, 2017
As a coordinator and mentor, I felt my compensation was quite poor. I was making the same amount as my employees. There was no motivation to work harder than my comrades. However, I got great personal satisfaction with my job and made a lot of friends.
Pros
on campus
Cons
poor pay
Excellent Work-Study Opportunity to Advance Skills!
Sound Technician (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 6, 2016
A typical day as a sound technician at the Ruth Lilly Performance Hall was most stressful during setup before the event and the very start of the event to make sure the recording process is smooth. Usually only one or two technicians are working in the sound booth or downstairs on the PA board at a time, depending on the complexity of the event. However, the job does offer development in troubleshooting skills while also pushing for independence and creativity. Pro Tools editing skills, as well as basic archiving were of importance. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to truly have a "behind the scenes" feeling while experiencing a multitude of phenomenal concerts and/or productions.
Pros
Flexible schedules, friendly environment, productiveness and growth positively encouraged
Cons
No benefits, not enough shifts
Good Time Off Schedule-OK Place to Work as Long as You Have College-Aged Children Otherwise Think Long and Hard
Transcript Advisor, Center for Advising (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 15, 2016
Children of university employees get free undergraduate tuition, and employees get a fairly similar vacation schedule as students do. Otherwise, there is a wide atmosphere of paranoia & lack of confidence & appreciation & trust from university leadership towards its employees, and those attitudes filter down to departmental supervisors. Most annual salaries are not that great, and spouses are no longer covered in university health insurance. That wasn't always the case; that change happened in the last couple of years.
I was a student
Student Business Leadership Academy --President (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 22, 2016
Great for growing networks and establishing connections within businesses. It was probable the best decision of my life. Got to plan events, meet CEOs and network within the community. Scholarship opportunities also available
Adjunct Professor
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 6, 2016
Taught a semester here. Had a lot of fun and it was a great experience. The administration gave me a lot of room to create my own experience for the students. Very organized.
A place to make a difference
Graduate Assistant Men's Basketball Coach (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 2, 2016
Garden Hills Elementary gives you the opportunity to teach and connect with families and students from all walks of live. This is definitely a place where you will be planting seeds for the future.
football player
College Athlete (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 3, 2016
i was a college athlete so it was the best time of my life
i loved my coaches and the relationships we built
ultimately i am very thankful
Culture has Changed
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 31, 2015
This was once a very nice place to work, but since the new administration, it is not. It has become very corporate and no job is safe. You are at a constant risk to lose your job due to "reorganization". Benefits are not as great. You can't treat every industry like a corporation. Customer service and quality suffers due to money becoming the primary objective.
Pros
Vacation time
Cons
Reorganization