University of Kansas Employee Reviews

Peace work environment
Graduate Research Assistant / CEAE Department (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KSFebruary 15, 2018
Working with Kansas University is good in some aspects and bad in others. Sometimes, I feel that everything is good and everybody is friendly. In other times, you feel that every one is rude and racism to you. I do not know why these hit feelings still with some people.
Pros
Peace, friendly, and knowledgeable.
Cons
Racism, not equal of dealing with students, and do not care about your feelings and your culture.
Respectful Place
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSFebruary 2, 2018
As a graduate assistant, you are well respected and the staff in the Communication Studies Department focuses on developing you as a teacher as well as a researcher.
A great academic environment
French Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fort Carson, COJanuary 27, 2018
The University of Kansas is top-ranked academic and research university. I earned my Bachelor and Master degrees at this university and would highly recommend attending or working at this university to friends.
Productive and diverse work environment
Office Manager-Student Edu Services (TRIO Program) (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSJanuary 20, 2018
This employment opportunity was energizing to gain further work experience with the Department of Education TRIO programs through Student Support Services. The working office staff and the student workers were quite diverse. Assisting first-generation college students be successful in school.
Pros
Helping students get through college
Cons
Na
As a student I felt disconnected from teachers, staff, and even students.
Full-time student (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSJanuary 13, 2018
This was not a place of employment but rather where I decided to continue my education. Though connections were hard to make, I found the content stimulating and engaging.
Productive, collaborative and meaningful
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSDecember 26, 2017
I worked for a research project and felt that work I did made a valuable contribution in changing education practices based on the data we collected and the research we conducted.
workable
Student Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSDecember 4, 2017
Perform literature reviews for a professor, was able to work from home which allowed me to care for my newborn daughter. My professor was flexible yet knowledgeable.
Great place to work compared to most food service operations
Director of Catering (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KSNovember 19, 2017
Very good place to work with a wide variety of fellow employees and guests. Given wide leeway to work my department as I deemed necessary.

My only disappointment during my time here was a lack of encouragement of upper management to apply for higher positions
It seemed as if my success with catering made me too hard to replace.,
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Sometime it's just too stressfull.
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KSOctober 30, 2017
The university is an excellent place to work. The salary could be a little more competitive with other companies in the area, however, the employee benefits cannot be beat.
outdated
IT Support Tier I & II - Student Technician (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSOctober 29, 2017
Although the management during my employment was positive, the management has since changed. As a result, my review would not hold true to any current employment seekers who are students.
lots of good lectures to go to. watch sports of basketball.
Research Assistant / Associate (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSOctober 26, 2017
Very good days at university of Kansas. Good environments to work and exercise. I loved working for the university of kansas. My family and I would go to basketballs.
Pros
free seminars
I like it
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KSOctober 23, 2017
Good colleagues and the location is in the beautiful and relaxed city. The sports events are going on every year and active atmosphere to work. I would recommend to work here!
Student Attorney (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KSOctober 21, 2017
I loved my time working at KU legal services for students. It's a great place for anyone to consider. You get to help students, advocate on behalf of their interests, and have fun doing it!
A very friendly place to work.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSOctober 4, 2017
Did telephone calls to borrowers
I contact borrowers to help them become current on their student loans. We offered forebearances and deferments to the borrowers.
.Our department was in the Comptroller's Office.
My supervisor was excellent.

Pros
Had did similar work for over 9 years.
Cons
None.
Great Place for Students
Library Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSOctober 3, 2017
I loved working on campus. Hours were flexible and people were extremely nice. It's a great place to work, would definitely recommend this place to anybody
Nice for a college kid needing a part time job
Museum Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSSeptember 28, 2017
There wasn't much to do some days in my particular job. I often had time to do my homework when no one came into the museum and it was a slow day. Nonetheless everyone I met was nice and it was cool to work in a job related to my major.
Fun place to work
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSSeptember 10, 2017
Part time job
good work culture
good supervisor
flexible hours schedule
Fun to learn the tool handling and watch the testing of the specimens that we built
Great Workplace
Teaching Assistant for Professor Mark Haug (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSSeptember 7, 2017
I worked for the business school as a teaching assistant and the athletic department. I wasn't in any position for advancement but I was a student, I wasn't really looking to stay.
Professors are great to work for. Athletic department is a very inclusive and free workspace.
Balanced work environment
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSAugust 31, 2017
The institution offers a great work environment with extremely helpful people throughout the institution and department. The student body is exceptional and the college itself is stunning. The institution offers a good pay scale and a balanced atmosphere.
Pros
Balanced work enviroment
Cons
Benefits could be better
Typical university setting
Assistant Director of Financial Aid (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSAugust 23, 2017
During my time at KU, there was a tumultuous relationship between upper management and various departments. There was an on-going campus-wide conversation regarding workplace unrest. This was also during the height of the economic downturn.