University of Kansas Employee Reviews in United States

Volunteer Assistant Volleyball coach while getting masters degree
Volunteer Assistant Women's Volleyball Coach (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSMay 21, 2016
Responsibilities: Assist with recruit mailings, video editing, film break-down with digital video statistical computer, assist with tape exchange, assist with practice plans and training athletes, assist with opponent game plans and assist with home event management.)
Pros
Great learning experience, networking, professional development
Cons
No pay, no reimbursement for education, commute
Good graduate school
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KSMay 17, 2016
I think it is a good graduate school. Great funding opportunities though university fellowships and scholarships. Some improvements can be made in departmental and professor communication with students.
Productive and Rewarding envoriment
Event Planning Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KSApril 26, 2016
Gives you a chance to explore and bring your skills to the workplace.A very open and friendly environment and learned a lot about myself and working as a team
House was in bad need of tender-loving care. Spent the year establishing vendor list and getting the house in good working order
House Director (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KSApril 21, 2016
Very busy most days taking care of repairs
Broadened my organization skills
Co-worker let me do my job. did not micro-manager
The party culture of the house was a difficult adjustment
Having my little dog with me was the best part of my experience here
Fun to work, was productive and learned my academic knowledge and improved my technical skills.
CFD Project (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSApril 17, 2016
My work day is always as usual on time, with a complete plan, hard work and determination. My experience in University was learning and teaching. My co-workers are really helpful. The hardest part of the job is to teach and gather knowledge in a perfect way. I enjoy every part of my work but most of them is interacting with my students.
Pros
Excellent hospitality
Cons
Busy schedule
Research Assistant
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KSApril 6, 2016
Helping with a research project called Investing With Kids. Basically we're trying to teach young kids, following them from K-2cd grade, and hosting different events and programs while sending them packets to do at home as well.
One of the largest research institutes in US
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KSMarch 12, 2016
KU has very good Professors in civil engineering department. The quality of education is really high, specially in grad school. It assess well equipped laboratories in all majors. You can find smart students came from all around the world and a friendly environment among them which helps a lot to enhance the quality of research and education.
I am graduate teaching assistant for EECS 562 and EECS 140.
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KSFebruary 18, 2016
• Introduction to communication systems - Spring 2015 and Spring 2016
1.Communicate basics of analog and digital communication, modulation techniques and effect of noise in system
2.Hands on experience with hardware communication systems such as TIMS 301 modeling system, Agilent spectrum analyzer and Agilent oscilloscope
3. Convert hardware based lab into software based lab with Picoscope data analysis software

• Introduction to digital logic - Fall 2015
1. Discussed basics of logic design and developed experiments
2. Experience with Xilinx ISE and Nexys 2
Great experience
Teaching Assistant and Tutor (Former Employee) –  KansasFebruary 16, 2016
As a teaching assistant for the University of Kansas, I was able to teach the minds of the future about great programs such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access. This was a very enjoyable job as I enjoy teaching others about subjects that I have mastered.
Pros
Loved to teach.
Cons
Good
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KSFebruary 8, 2016
Everyday is a challenging task where I have to communicate the concepts of OOP in C++ to students from non-technical students pursuing bachelors degree at the University Of Kansas.
Pros
I dont have to report to anyone
Cons
hectic
Productive and Busy Work Environment
Director of Operations for Women's Soccer (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KSFebruary 2, 2016
The Women's Soccer staff is very personable and it's a motivating work environment. There're new responsibilities and tasks everyday so it makes it exciting.
Pros
BIG12 work experience, a step towards being a college coach
Cons
No opportunity to move up within the coaching staff at this time
Educating, fun place to learn art in various fields
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KSJanuary 27, 2016
Professors are always helpful. It has a wide range of resources and it's an interdisciplinary program that makes you able to take advantage of working with professionals from different majors
Pros
a very friendly atmosphere with lot to learn
Cons
it's Kansas!
Great Place
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KSDecember 22, 2015
KU is a dynamic and friendly school. You will have a great deal of opportunities to develop yourself and build on your skills to get ready for your future career.
Class assignment for a non-profit organization
Co-leader (Former Employee) –  CMNS 342 classDecember 8, 2015
Fun work place and supportive teacher, Placed with a strong group for my team, not all about numbers but also how we grew as a team and developed better team work skills.
Pros
great group
Cons
time limit
Great Faculty
Graduate Researcher (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSNovember 11, 2015
Professors always willing to push you to excel on your research of your thesis while using the tools that they teach you in their classes.
It is a good place to work for. It offers a significant learning opportunity.
Graduate Research & Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSOctober 24, 2015
Excellent university with lot of funding. It is a good place to work for. It offers a significant learning opportunity.
they are very discriminatory of there employees. Everything was fine with my duties until they figured out how many tattoos I had.
custodian (Current Employee) –  Lied CenterOctober 20, 2015
There is no structure. There were 5 custodians doing the same thing. No one ever discussed what the other was doing so everyone just kept going around and doing the same thing repeatedly
Pros
good benefits
Cons
Horrible bosses
Crimson and Blue
Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Strong HallSeptember 30, 2015
Working for a University is a great opportunity, especially when you can work in-between your classes. That's what I did! I was able to work in the enrollment center and assist students with questions about courses, how to enroll, how to add or drop classes from their schedules and during peak seasons, assisting students with the enrollment process.
Pros
working on campus and around class schedule
Cons
Can only work during office hours.
Flexible hours and interesting work
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSSeptember 22, 2015
As a graduate research assistant, I was funded for my work and education. The faculty is very accommodating for personal life balance.
• Estimated cost of construction including all material, labor and equipment costs using RS Means and hand calculation methods.
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSAugust 20, 2015
• Designed complete site layout and prototype using AutoCAD and wrote technical proposal report detailing site selection, design and major planning.
• Learned and practiced troubleshooting and problem solving techniques in high stress, real-time competition environment with collaborative effort.
• Performed numerous and diverse tests charging chemical procedures pressures and created new procedure focused on allowing temps in most effective and efficient combination of chemical reaction.
• Studied, learned, and executed numerous strategies and systems with proposed planning to determine for further evaluation of the project.

4.4