University of Kentucky

University of Kentucky Employee Reviews

Great Learning experience
RN (Current Employee), Lexington, KYAugust 24, 2015
Pros: ability to make your own schedule
Cons: not being able to take breaks/lunches, working long days and not being able to see my family
This position is a great learning experience, especially for new graduates. I learned a lot about cardiac patients and transplants. This is not a good job for me because of the work/home balance.
Productive place to work that taught me about leadership and being humble
Student Center Manager (Former Employee), Lexington, KYAugust 12, 2015
Typical college informational job. It was a good place located at the student center on The university of Kentucky's campus
Great people
Safety Specialist (Current Employee), Lexington, KYAugust 4, 2015
Benefits are awesome, pay is above average, and time off is more than adequate. Co-workers are all great. UK allows you to go to several trainings to advance your knowledge.
work enviroment
Customer Access Associate Senior (Former Employee), Lexington, KYJuly 30, 2015
The primary responsibilities of the Customer Access Senior, for the UK HealthCare Patient Access Call Center include: resolution of escalated Patient Access problems; hire, train, coach and supervise Customer Access Associates; monitor work groups performance, as well as volumes, productivity, audits and accuracy reports; commitment to excellent customer service; process standardization activities of workflow and efficiency improvements; ensure compliance with University, federal, state, and local regulations.
12 Hours shifts
Nursing assistant/Patient clerical assistant (Former Employee), Lexington KYJuly 29, 2015
Balancing 12 hours shifts and a family are very hard. I wouldn't get home until late in the evening and had no time to help my children with homework or cook supper.
Excellent pay, benefits and mission
Administrative Assistant to the Chief (Current Employee), Lexington, KentuckyJuly 26, 2015
I appreciate and admire the work we do at UK Healthcare. Pay, days off and retirement are excellent benefits. Working with great people is also an excellent benefit.
Fun yet learning environment
Research assistant (Current Employee), Lexington, KYJuly 7, 2015
A typical day starts with the research assignments to be completed before the weekly meeting. This keeps us on track towards the completion of the thesis. Working environment is very collaborative and helpful with new ideas revolving around the department.
Ok place.
Lab Animal Technician (Former Employee), Lexington, KYJuly 7, 2015
Pros: UK sponsored activites offered free food and gifts. 6 credit hours per semester if you were fulltime, just had to pay for books. Plenty of attractive ladies on campus!
Cons: Managerial ineptitude.
My biggest gripe is with management. They seem to be quite incompetent. This is not universal, I am sure. DLAR seems to be swamped with inefficiency.
UK's PA program prepared me for life after grad school
Physician Assistant Rotations (Former Employee), Lexington, KYJuly 2, 2015
Pros: dedicated professors, great resources
Cons: disorganized
I enjoyed my time at UK but am excited to start my new career. I met some pretty great people. My professors were dedicated and always there to help
Loved my supervisors
MSW Student Intern (Former Employee), Lexington, KYJune 30, 2015
I enjoyed working at UK Hospital. My supervisors were wonderful and the work environment was fun! It was important to the practice manager that my practicum experience was enjoyable and comfortable. I gained an immense amount of experience and knowledge of the social work field as well as the hospital environment.
Great People to work with
Interim Assistant Coach/Support Staff Associate (Former Employee), Lexington, KYJune 20, 2015
Work closely with Interim Recruiting Coordinator/Director of Basketball Operations and graphic design staff member in developing recruiting materials. Assisted with mail outs.
Stable place to work
COMPUTER SUPPORT SPECIALIST III (Current Employee), Lexington, KYJune 18, 2015
Pros: Stable work, excellent benefits compared to other businesses in region.
Cons: Low starting pay, little opportunity for advancement, morale is hit or miss depending on department or college.
Although a stable place to work, it is heavily oriented toward faculty. Staff in their various roles have little opportunity for advancement. Merit based raises in the past have been few and far between. For those who have earned the best ratings in their reviews as staff do not necessarily gain anything as their small base pay has little change with only a 2 to 5 percent increase. It is faster to get a pay raise or advancement by seeking lateral moves through out the University.
Was a good experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Lexington, KYJune 13, 2015
Pros: Excellent place to do plant research
Cons: Teaching experience is scarce/non-existant
Research assistantship to do full time research is great. The school of agriculture is huge and is well equipped and has large faculty pool doing quality research.
University of Kentucky
Staff Support Associate I (Former Employee), Lexington, KYJune 12, 2015
Pros: Work Schedule
Cons: Pay & Benefits
This was a part-time job that showed me after my military career that I could be employable. I learned that I could do my job in another field and that having a good work ethic takes you far. The best part of my job was the people was friendly. I was given a chance and had good hours. The hardest part of my job was the pay and benefits,
Good Job Not So Good Supervisor (4H Agent)
Former Staff Assistant (Former Employee), Lawrence County KYJune 12, 2015
Pros: Time off and five day work week.
Cons: Salary. Increases were not comparable to cost of living.
Loved the job and the variety of doing different things was great. Loved working with clients and their clubs. Some problems with a rude agent and area supervisor.
Overall UK is a good place to work.
Staff Support Associate II NEP Office (Current Employee), Lexington, KYJune 8, 2015
Pros: Good benefits
Cons: very low pay scale for experience
The benefits at UK are very good. The work environment is very team orientated. The best part of the job is that I can work independently, however when needed I am always willing to step in to help co-workers, as well co-workers do the same.
Great opportunities with great benefits.
Health IT Advisor (Current Employee), Lexingtont KYMay 27, 2015
UK has many opportunities for employees to sustain continued growth as a professional. They provide a great benefits package along with the opportunity to continue your education to further your career.
Absolutely love working at the University of Kentucky.
Personal Trainer (Current Employee), Lexington, KYMay 24, 2015
I have learned so much through continuing education at UK. We constantly have work meetings with guest speakers offering their services. The Personal Training department at the University of Kentucky is set up to make you grow as a trainer and an individual inside and outside of the classroom.
= (Former Employee), =May 21, 2015
it is a great school with a decent engineering program that is built on solid foundation with little room for improvement.
N/A
Senior Resident Advisor (Former Employee), Lexington, KYMay 18, 2015
The reslife program is fair, all coworkers were excellent. A well run program and a great way to get through college without debt.