University of Kentucky Employee Reviews

Allowed to work independently but high stress and high expectations
Reasearch Student (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJanuary 10, 2018
Allowed to work independently on projects, but supervision from instructors when needed. The expectations were very high for the skills needed. Workplace culture was slightly high stress.
relaxing environment
Assessment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 9, 2018
I am responsible for making my daily schedule to see participants. A typical case load is approximately 20-30 participants who are seen individually at a minimum of once per month. I have learned to manage my time wisely to allow for report writing, home visits, office visits, and other office related meetings. UKTAP workers do not work in the same building and is often the most difficult part of the job because you don't have on hand co-workers. the most enjoyable part of the job is being able to create individual case plans to participants.
Pros
great insurance
Staff Support II (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJanuary 5, 2018
I worked at UK for 10 years and the management combined my section and another. Was given the opportunity to learn new skills but was never paid like the other staff.
na
Patient Clerical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYJanuary 4, 2018
Everyday on the job is a little different, I must be prepared for surprises and difficult patients everyday. The hardest part of my job is keeping communication between patients, nurses and other employees open, calm and reliable.
Great Experience
Engineering Peer Mentor (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYJanuary 4, 2018
Working at the University of Kentucky has been a fantastic experience. The staff here is very collaborative and nice. Would recommend working here 10/10
University of Kentucky / great place to work!
Custodial I (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYDecember 29, 2017
University of Kentucky is a great place to work. Lexington, KY is a great place to live along with working for the University of Kentucky.

I lived in Lexington, KY and worked for the University of Kentucky for 17 years of my life which is the highlight of my life.

Working for the University of Kentucky gives back to the employees like 100% some form or another.
Pros
Great work / life experience.
Cons
Everything is wonderful at University of Kentucky.
Summary
Quality Administrator (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, KY 40621December 18, 2017
Working for the University of Kentucky was a good, life long experience but the travel was very hard and was constant. The mileage reimbursement was low and there was very little instruction from supervisors or oversight,
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
No opportunites for Advancement
fine
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYDecember 16, 2017
as a graduate student it is as good a place to work as any. probably better. i am quite confused why i have to fill this out. i was a student there, i graduated.
Enjoyed the people.
Staff Associate (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYDecember 12, 2017
I enjoyed my job. I liked most of the people I worked with. I also the students. I typed a few thesis and ma papers for students. That was a lot of fun.
Pros
The education
Cons
some of the people
A day at the University of Kentucky Medical Center
NCT (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYDecember 9, 2017
Obtain vitals, patient care including activities of daily living, obtain blood sugar readings and phlebotomy. Time management skills, caring for up to (12) patients, prioritizing, able to work independently and as a team.
Loved this position
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYNovember 28, 2017
This was a great job the Administrator was the best person to work for. I truly miss the job. It just was never going to be a full time position and I needed the benefits.
Pros
Great Boss, Great Environment
Cons
Temporary
Student Worker
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYNovember 21, 2017
I was only a student worker who worked athletic events. Seemed like a great place to work in actual career settings. Would recommend to others if I had the chance.
Proud to have worked for the University of Ky
Administrative/Staff Support (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYNovember 21, 2017
The staff were very supportive. All kinds of job opportunities were available. Fantastic benefits. Wonderful place to work. Very grateful for my experiences.
Pros
Great place to grow!
Cons
Can't think of anything, parking maybe!
Interesting, educational, great place to work
Distance Learning Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYNovember 17, 2017
Worked with Frankfort to find a more productive way of scheduling all the Interactive Television Video transmissions on UK's campus. I would schedule classes, meetings and interviews, they needed to have rooms that would accommodate all their needs, working with satellite sites to connect to. Anywhere there was a room with ITV capabilities and were available to receive the transmission, we would schedule their location. Learned how to manage my time better, and found a computer program that would hold all the sites and transmissions better than a book. Workplace was friendly, an enjoyable atmosphere and great people to learn from and work with. The hardest part was when others didn't do their job and how devastating it would be and the how it affected others. Most enjoyable was being apart of changing lives at the University of Kentucky.
Pros
Make a passing grade receive paid education
Cons
Not close to home
Graduate Assistant- Dr. Olivier Thibault's Lab (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYNovember 17, 2017
safe, quite place to work. Not very advance techniques are there for medical research. I didn't feel fit in as a international student, not much support system.
Pros
safe
Best Grad Assistantship Expierience
Graduate Assistant - Research + Instructor (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYNovember 7, 2017
I learned so much in this Assistantship experience. My advisor and Supervisor was incredible! Not only did we have just enough freedom to develop the curriculum for the classes, we have supervisor input that was educational and eye opening.
Good public school
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYNovember 5, 2017
I was a graduate student, so honestly my employment was different from most employees. UK is a nice place. My work was in a research lab, and it was great preparation for my future career.
Straightforward work in a bureaucratic setting.
GRAPHIC DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  Fayette County, KYNovember 5, 2017
Not much to praise. The work is simple and straightforward, though the institution is a highly bureaucratic and sometimes stifling enterprise, like any other.
Worked as dishwasher and grounds maintenance
Dishwasher/Grounds Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYNovember 1, 2017
fast paced job. Good boss. good hours, not the greatest pay. Only left because of a family dilemma. I worked as dishwasher on days they needed me, otherwise I worked as ground maintenance outside.
Quality Administrator
Quality Administrator (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, KY 40621October 30, 2017
Excellent employer with great benefits and mileage reimbursement. The driving became difficult after several years. The management was poor with little empathy for those we supported through the waivers.
Pros
Excellent benfits and hours. Great Flexibility, had a home office
Cons
Driving up to 1000 miles per week.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Kentucky. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2