University of Kentucky Employee Reviews

No comment
CAD Operator (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYNovember 12, 2015
Lack of communication with management. Management needs to communicate more across all levels downwards all the way to the bottom level and find out what's bothering employees who are doing most of the work anyway, and help come up with solutions.
Good people to work with on a daily basis
Staff Support Associate II (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 23, 2015
I enjoyed my time at the University, I felt that during my 15 years there I developed many friendships that still continue as well as matured and learned valuable information for both work and personal.
Pros
Advancement opportunities and continuing education
Cons
The process in which I was laid off
UK Summary
Administrative Support II (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 30, 2015
Fun and very diverse place to work; The most enjoyable part of the job are the students; salary pretty good and learned a lot. Can take training for the most part whenever and on many subjects. Great place to work.
Pros
Diverse
Cons
Pay should be a little better
Fast paced environment and always different never boring
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 23, 2015
When you went in to work is was always unexpected. Something different would happen everyday. This is definitely a job that is fast paced and keeps you on your toes.
Pros
Exciting and great people to work with
Cons
Can be a major safety hazard and a lot of overtime
work enviroment
Customer Access Associate Senior (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJuly 30, 2015
The primary responsibilities of the Customer Access Senior, for the UK HealthCare Patient Access Call Center include: resolution of escalated Patient Access problems; hire, train, coach and supervise Customer Access Associates; monitor work groups performance, as well as volumes, productivity, audits and accuracy reports; commitment to excellent customer service; process standardization activities of workflow and efficiency improvements; ensure compliance with University, federal, state, and local regulations.
Great Workplace with Excellent Benefits
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 21, 2015
In my most recent role, a typical day of work included interviewing patients to schedule surgery, in which I had to review and confirm any medical issues, confirm demographics and insurance, schedule any additional consults or testing needed, obtain additional records required, authorize and precertify surgery with insurance company, and balance and manage the doctor's surgery schedule. I believe my strengths were my organization and detail-oriented skills, and my patient relations and resolving patient issues. Sometimes the job could get monotonous, but I did enjoy meeting with patients and collaborating with my co-workers in order to reach the same goals in patient care. In my years in this office, I was able to learn a variety of skills and serve in many different roles.
Pros
Great benefits, holidays, close to home, great coworkers, decent pay scale
Cons
High stress at times, monotonous at times
Great University
Instructor in the Department of Communication (Former Employee) –  Department of CommunicationOctober 19, 2015
University of Kentucky is great institution. The culture is focused on promoting student education while simultaneously having one of the best research environments in the country.
Great Learning experience
RN (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYAugust 24, 2015
This position is a great learning experience, especially for new graduates. I learned a lot about cardiac patients and transplants. This is not a good job for me because of the work/home balance.
Pros
ability to make your own schedule
Cons
not being able to take breaks/lunches, working long days and not being able to see my family
n
Account Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYDecember 10, 2015
n None none none none none none I have have nothing to say and I have great place to work the work is good the people are very nice nice nice
Stable place to work
COMPUTER SUPPORT SPECIALIST III (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 18, 2015
Although a stable place to work, it is heavily oriented toward faculty. Staff in their various roles have little opportunity for advancement. Merit based raises in the past have been few and far between. For those who have earned the best ratings in their reviews as staff do not necessarily gain anything as their small base pay has little change with only a 2 to 5 percent increase. It is faster to get a pay raise or advancement by seeking lateral moves through out the University.
Pros
Stable work, excellent benefits compared to other businesses in region.
Cons
Low starting pay, little opportunity for advancement, morale is hit or miss depending on department or college.
Excellent work enviroment.
Postdoctoral Scholar (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 3, 2015
Flexible working hours with helpful co-workers. Large group of people are working together but the individual effort is given due recognition.
Pros
Can work iindependently even in a structured enviroment
Cons
Less exposure to industry
Relaxed enviroment
Research assistant (Former Employee) –  Lexington, kyOctober 20, 2015
Worked as an assistant to a masters student research algae. Regrew her algae each week during the summer and measured cell size using a microscope and imaging software.
Ok place.
Lab Animal Technician (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJuly 7, 2015
My biggest gripe is with management. They seem to be quite incompetent. This is not universal, I am sure. DLAR seems to be swamped with inefficiency.
Pros
UK sponsored activites offered free food and gifts. 6 credit hours per semester if you were fulltime, just had to pay for books. Plenty of attractive ladies on campus!
Cons
Managerial ineptitude.
Great for developing skills to use in the future and experience
Researcher (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 28, 2015
I helped with the research of cardiovascular health. Relaxed atmosphere where I felt my opinion mattered and everyone was striving for the same goals.
University of Kentucky
Staff Support Associate I (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 12, 2015
This was a part-time job that showed me after my military career that I could be employable. I learned that I could do my job in another field and that having a good work ethic takes you far. The best part of my job was the people was friendly. I was given a chance and had good hours. The hardest part of my job was the pay and benefits,
Pros
Work Schedule
Cons
Pay & Benefits
Loved my supervisors
MSW Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 30, 2015
I enjoyed working at UK Hospital. My supervisors were wonderful and the work environment was fun! It was important to the practice manager that my practicum experience was enjoyable and comfortable. I gained an immense amount of experience and knowledge of the social work field as well as the hospital environment.
Fun, good place to work
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 9, 2015
Fun work place with good management.
All about the customer service, and employees on how the was with the public.
And was a good work experience.
Pros
retirement
Cons
not enough paid
Go Cats!
Social Media Director (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYNovember 6, 2015
Being a student-athlete ambassador at the University of Kentucky was a pleasure and something I will cherish for the rest of my life.
Fun yet learning environment
Research assistant (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYJuly 7, 2015
A typical day starts with the research assignments to be completed before the weekly meeting. This keeps us on track towards the completion of the thesis. Working environment is very collaborative and helpful with new ideas revolving around the department.
Overall UK is a good place to work.
Staff Support Associate II NEP Office (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 8, 2015
The benefits at UK are very good. The work environment is very team orientated. The best part of the job is that I can work independently, however when needed I am always willing to step in to help co-workers, as well co-workers do the same.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
very low pay scale for experience

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Kentucky. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3