University of Kentucky Employee Reviews

Good place to work.
Student center representative (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 12, 2017
Working for the University as a student allows for personal development, time management development , and will get you more involved on campus. I would recommend working for the university to any UK employee.
Graduate Teaching Assistance
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 12, 2017
Demanding work which can be rewarding but has minimal compensation for the hours and effort required, particularly in non-STEM departments. Students come from a variety of backgrounds at this land-grant university, from rural counties to urban centers.
Pros
diverse culture
Cons
minimal compensation
I mean, it's fine...
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 8, 2017
They paid me to go to school, basically. I taught, and I enjoyed teaching, but the pay was not much beyond tuition (which, again, is great, and I'm not complaining about that), and the benefits were essentially nil. But, while I was working on my PhD, it's tough to beat something that will let you graduate with no debt.
Pros
Paid tuition
Cons
Very little free time (or "free time")
n/a
Radiology Attendant (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 8, 2017
work is fine, work is great and great so much fun that it great thanks. balancing a full time job is hard but this allows you to work and go to school at the same time
good school
Student (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 7, 2017
good school. Got to get my degree and had proper classes and teachers that were able to relay information well. The environment was nice but is a bit big so it can be difficult to walk.
A Teaching/Research Assistant's Positive Review
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 6, 2017
I was employed as a graduate student to be a teaching and research assistant for the Mechanical Engineering department. Typical activities included grading papers and holding weekly office hours (3 hours per week required). The position was part time and very flexible. The work environment included many driven and friendly individuals working on research projects and furthering their careers. The hardest part of the job for me was balancing classes with the position's responsibilities, but this rarely was a big problem.
Pros
Flexible hours, enjoyable environment
horrible
Marketing Professor (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 5, 2017
Lack of support, managers hired without providing any direction or guidance or support. Lots of curve balls were thrown that made it the most awful work environment.
Productive and fun workplace
Postdoctoral Scholar (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 5, 2017
This is a nice play to work in. Almost a dream-job place with beautiful surrounding. I love the flexibility of working hours and the freedom to participate in collaborative work.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Job insecurity
Productive and Fun!
ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT INTERN (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 5, 2017
I love working with UK Athletics! It provides me an amazing experience that many don't get! It's a great hands on experience working with man different areas of athletics.
I love working for UK Healthcare
Patient Relation Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 2, 2017
I love working for UK Healthcare I have been with them for four year I just realize is not what you know its who you know. Good benefits I dont like to have to pay to park.
Work Life
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 1, 2017
Worked under a student that thought he knew everything. Other then that the job rocked! I loved working outdoors in the hills of Kentucky but thought the management could have been better!
great job while it lasted
Library Tech, Shaver Engineering Library (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 1, 2017
working at the library was a great experience until it was forced to be shut down by the university. Great work environment for college students during semester.
Postdoc
Lyman T. Johnson Fellow (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYMay 31, 2017
Relaxing place to work. My group is very friendly group. But the overall research facilities are not reliable. You should be ready to use collaboration if you can
Great place to be
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMay 27, 2017
Faculty gets along well. Pay is good. If you don't mind the publish or perish paradigm associated with research schools this is a great place to be. Students in the business school have to meet minimum requirements to get in so there is a high level of competency in business school students.
I do not wish to leave a review.
College Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYMay 16, 2017
Overall, UK is a good place to work. That is apparent, since I've been employed here for over 32 years. Working on campus provides a good overall working experience and great interaction with a diverse group of people.
Pros
getting paid
Cons
no cons
I've really enjoyed my time at UK.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMay 13, 2017
The University of Kentucky is my home away from home. While there may be over 60,000 students who attend UK, it feels like a small, close-knit community. With over 500 student organizations, there are also plenty of ways to get involved and meet people who share the same passions as you.
A great place to work!
Wildcat Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMay 12, 2017
The University of Kentucky works hard to find individuals that represent the university in a positive way. Enjoyed my time working here while attending school.
love my job
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYMay 10, 2017
registered nurse for 6 years in the same ICU. I work 7pm- 7am. for stroke ICU patients. I love the people I work with. Recommended this place to many others
WVU is a great place to work
Custodial Worker I (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVMay 1, 2017
I enjoyed working for WVU. I had to leave the work industry for awhile to completely recover from medical surgery. I feel that I am now ready to fully devote myself to the workplace culture.
Pros
nice hiring staff
Has become more of a big business than it use to be.
Administrative Business Officer (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 28, 2017
Have learned a lot working here and the benefits are great. Lately has become extremely stressful, maybe due to all the layoffs and reorganization across campus.
Pros
Co-workers from around the world. Ability to flex hours.
Cons
Expensive to park and lack of parking

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Kentucky. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2