University of Kentucky

University of Kentucky Employee Reviews

Bad Management
Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Lexington, KYNovember 14, 2014
Restaurant now closed due to management. Worked as jack-of-all trades person.
It depends on where you work
Director, Research & Academics (Current Employee), Hazard, KYNovember 12, 2014
I have had great experiences at the University of Kentucky and some that have been less than professional. Overall, it's a pretty solid place to work.
just good
Statistical Consultant and SAS programmer (Current Employee), lexingtongNovember 2, 2014
Pros: good work/life balance
Cons: low pay
The University is a great place to work if you are wanting flexible scheduling, learning opportunities, and to advance your education. Great people to work with.
Good Place To Be
Administrative Support Staff (Current Employee), Lexington, KYOctober 31, 2014
Pros: diversity, benefits, schedules, location
Cons: advancement opportunities, compensation
I really enjoy working at the University of KY. The hours are typically normal working hours and the employee benefits are great. Overall UK runs efficiently, however, I have found is that there is not much room for advancement without going through campus wide/generalized steps. This makes it hard to promote within a particular area. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to meet and network with so many people. The Faculty and Staff are so diverse and interesting.
Great Place For Flexibility, Learning and Education
Performance Improvement Manager (Current Employee), Chandler HospitalOctober 30, 2014
UK
Sport Management Intern, Faculty Sponsor (Former Employee), Lexington, KYOctober 27, 2014
I dearly and sincerely loved the time I spent working at the University of Kentucky. Coworkers were great, and I have no complaints whatsoever.
very good college
Research and Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), lexingtonOctober 20, 2014
Research and Teaching Assistant work including doing research and provide assistance to college professors.
Productive and fun
Medical Assistant Sr (Former Employee), Lexington, KYSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere to work in.
Cons: having to work on the weekends
Answering phones fileing medical records, Checking in patients It was alot of fun, I always enjoy meeting people. I had great co workers which made for a very easy work day. The hardest part was trying to get everything done by the end of shift. The most enjoyable part was knowing that somebodys life may have been saved because we made sure the doctors had what they needed.
Learned a lot, good place for student to work.
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Lexington, KYSeptember 10, 2014
This job was a great job to have in the beginning of my college career. It had flexible hours and I learned a great deal about lab procedures such as PCR, gel electrophoresis, DNA extraction, etc. I was surrounded by graduate students, which also taught me a lot. Some days at work I did very interesting things such as what I described above, but other days I would be collecting seeds or cleaning plant chambers. But overall this was a great job with great experience.
Productive and fun workplace
Postdoctoral Scholar (Current Employee), Lexington, KYSeptember 9, 2014
Good research and have learnt a lot in this job.
Excellent place to learn.
Higher Education and Medical Facility
Staff Support Associate II (Former Employee), Lexington, KYSeptember 3, 2014
I really enjoy working at UK. Learned a lot in the various area that I worked in. See Resume.
Quiet lab setting with constant schedule
Researcher's assistant (Current Employee), Lexington KYSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: independance, stay busy
Cons: may work alone or with co-workers, monotonous tasks
On a typical day at work I usually sot through samples mix sample to prepare for planting and testing. I learn what goes into research experiments. I also learn a lot about what the research is about. Such as why its being done, what is it for, and how will this help the people. I have worked with co-workers and we get along we even hang out outside work. The hardest part of working in research is staying focused after hours of monotonous labor. It's always good to see the big picture, and realize the purpose of the research. The most enjoyable part of the job is the independence that I have. I work hard and my boss trusts that I will get the job complete in a timely matter.
Interesting Job!
Networking Internship - Unpaid/Class Credit (Former Employee), Lexington, KYAugust 20, 2014
It was surprisingly more fun than I had previously thought.
Great starter job
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Lexington,KYAugust 16, 2014
Great starter job after just moving to the Lexington Kentucky area. Helped me get my foot in the door with the University of Kentucky
to little communication
College Financial Analyst Senior (Former Employee), lexington kyAugust 8, 2014
Pros: limited supervision, come and go as please
Cons: four bosses
communication was limited. no clear guidelines. personality clashes

mgt. did not have the time for their employees. we were scattered to far apart from each other.

enjoyed learning new things, liked seeing campus on the other side
Really Enjoyed it Here
Student Worker (Former Employee), Lexington, KYJuly 17, 2014
Absolutely loved working with this team. You are given a great opportunity to grow and build your experience.
Pretty Nice
Patient Relations Assistant III (Current Employee), Lexington, KYJuly 14, 2014
Will write later, I need to go to work now. It's very nice working here, I have learned alot.
Friendly people, pleasant atmosphere, great work life balance, with educational opportunites.
Laboratory Technician Senior (Former Employee), Lexington, KYJuly 9, 2014
Pros: people, environment, work atmosphere, work life balance, educational opportunities
Cons: annual days sunshine, outdoor activities, such as hiking and biking
Working with friendly people, in an easy going environment, with a pleasant work atmosphere makes for great work life balance in the heart of Kentucky horse country.
Graduate School
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Lexington, KyJuly 5, 2014
Good professors, reasonable expectations. Teaching assistant duties and tutoring were time consuming but well worth it.
Very kind people
Clinical Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Lexington, KYJuly 5, 2014
Pros: great staff
Cons: internship doesn't pay
Most everyone was a consummate professional and spoke kindly even under duress. Hardest part of the job was simply that UK is a very large hospital and one could easily get lost until they learned their way around.