University of Kentucky Employee Reviews in United States

Love my job
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Emergency DepartmentMarch 20, 2015
I enjoy my position as a RN in the ED. There is never a dull moment. However, I am in need of a part time position to work in addition to my full time position ( 3, 12 hour shifts a week) at UK. I do not want to get burnt out, so instead of picking up overtime at UK, I would like a part time position elsewhere for additional income.

I am a very efficient, hard worker and love to learn. I get along easily with others and I believe in advocating for my patients.
Good place to work!
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMarch 13, 2015
I have been working as teaching assistant and instructor at Business School during my Ph.D life here. Overall, it is a good place to live and work.
A great place to teach!
Instructor of Communication (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMarch 9, 2015
For several years, it was a pleasure to teach students in the areas of Persuasion, Public Speaking, Interpersonal Communication, and a new course I developed, "Communication and the Law."
Productive Area Where Students Thrive
Student Projects and Experience (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYMarch 5, 2015
Amazing school for research and a proper education in a degree of your choosing. The Environmental Science programs gives thorough education in all environmental studies and prepares students in real world applications.
University of Kentucky
Computer Science Student (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYFebruary 28, 2015
I Just finished my undergraduate degree in University of Kentucky.
Amazing Campus with awesome people around, definitely a wonderful environment for studying!
Fun work environment
Night Desk Worker (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYFebruary 24, 2015
I worked night shift at a residence hall while in college. It was a fun environment where I was able to study and be with friends.
great place to work
STEPS Office & Clerical (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYFebruary 10, 2015
everyone is very hardworking and willing to teach you what they know. great place to advance with in the company. the hours are are great.
Pros
learning something new everyday
Cons
the office is always cold.
Primary Instructor
DATA ANALYSIS INTERN (Current Employee) –  LExington, KYJanuary 31, 2015
Teach undergraduate courses, including STA 210 and STA 291, about statistical concepts and statistical methods. Usually, two lectures per week and three other labs for divided groups for students.
Great atmosphere and teamwork.
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJanuary 22, 2015
Only left to move back home closer to family in New Mexico. We had been away for five years to care for my wife's father who has dementia. Working at the university was a fantastic experience with it's large medical complex and charters for outings and sporting events.
Productive, innovative
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYJanuary 21, 2015
Excellent work culture. Friendly atmosphere. Independent works can be done. Co-workers are also very helpful. Overall gives a full job satisfaction and research experience.
Research Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, KYJanuary 13, 2015
Great place to work, it's just I had such a long commute. I really enjoyed completing the budgets for Medicaid participants choosing to live in their own homes needs private in home care.
Pros
good benefits with raises
Cons
long commute
productive day
Medical Records Assistant, University of Kentucky (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJanuary 5, 2015
A day working here consisted of office work and I learned a lot. The most enjoyable part of working was interacting with my co-workers and other people coming in for appointments in the internal medicine departments. Management was great as well.
Security officer
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYDecember 12, 2014
Typical security position. Doing patrols, responding to assistance calls in the hospital, etc.
The MCC is Wonderful!
Editor & Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYNovember 20, 2014
The community and teamwork of the Markey Cancer Center is phenomenal.
great place to work with great benefits
Administrative office support (Former Employee) –  Lexington, kyNovember 15, 2014
Pay scale is on the low side, being balanced with 5 day workweek and plenty of time off.
Bad Management
Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYNovember 14, 2014
Restaurant now closed due to management. Worked as jack-of-all trades person.
It depends on where you work
Director, Research & Academics (Current Employee) –  Hazard, KYNovember 12, 2014
I have had great experiences at the University of Kentucky and some that have been less than professional. Overall, it's a pretty solid place to work.
just good
Statistical Consultant and SAS programmer (Current Employee) –  lexingtongNovember 2, 2014
The University is a great place to work if you are wanting flexible scheduling, learning opportunities, and to advance your education. Great people to work with.
Pros
good work/life balance
Cons
low pay
Good Place To Be
Administrative Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 31, 2014
I really enjoy working at the University of KY. The hours are typically normal working hours and the employee benefits are great. Overall UK runs efficiently, however, I have found is that there is not much room for advancement without going through campus wide/generalized steps. This makes it hard to promote within a particular area. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to meet and network with so many people. The Faculty and Staff are so diverse and interesting.
Pros
diversity, benefits, schedules, location
Cons
advancement opportunities, compensation
Great Place For Flexibility, Learning and Education
Performance Improvement Manager (Current Employee) –  Chandler HospitalOctober 30, 2014

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Kentucky. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3