University of Kentucky

University of Kentucky Employer Reviews

It's a good place to work.
Research Administrator - Contract Administrator (Current Employee), Lexington, KYMay 20, 2013
Pros: good workers
Cons: little advancement opportunity
Great people. Work is challenging and interesting.

Job often requires balancing competing internal interests. Often requires finding creative ways to resolve difficult issues. Must be firm but diplomatic in dealing with issues.
Great for research work with lots of resources
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), LexingtonMay 14, 2013
My experience is just related to a particular department. In general though, the university is very professional and has lots of resources for its students and faculty.
n/a
Public Health Clinical Instructor (Former Employee), Lexington, KYApril 30, 2013
Coordinated, oversaw, and evaluated placement of nursing students in public health sites
Fun work environment
Spanish Tutor (Former Employee), Lexington, KYApril 6, 2013
Tutored university students in a subject I love (Spanish) and enhanced my interpersonal skills
Fun place to work
Cook/Baker II (Current Employee), Lexington, KYFebruary 25, 2013
Pros: excellent opportunities for advancement
Cons: limited parking spaces
I ejoyed every minute working for the University of Kentucky. I would not leave it but I am looking for a career in the field of study (Electronics Engineering). I have learned so much from some of the best cooks, chefs, and the mangagement; in how to deal with pressure and stress.
Research Assistant (Former Employee), LexingtonFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: direct customer interaction
Learned how manufacturing company function.
Exposed to different manufacturing concepts such as cell manufacturing, lean manufacturing
Was a great place to work for.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Lexington, KYFebruary 11, 2013
Pros: great benefits.
Cons: parking.
I enjoyed working at UK. They care about their patients and employees as well.
A good school: quality-oriented.
Graduate Research Associate (Former Employee), Lexington, KYFebruary 11, 2013
Pros: low cost of living, beautiful scenery, great city, good program.
Cons: i can think of few.
The courses here are very current, properly challenging, etc. The only drawback is the age and state of the current chem/phys building.
UK is an awesome place to work for, everybody is friendly, knowledgeable and very respectful
Temporary Employment Part time Office Assistant (Current Employee), Lexington, KYFebruary 7, 2013
Great place to work at, challenging requirements, great co-workers and management
Sr. Consultant (Former Employee), Lexington, KYFebruary 4, 2013
Gathering information about the solution to be implemented.
The co-workers were highly knowledgeable and supportive. Implementing the solution and overcoming obstacles was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Good place to work, pay for employees studies
Lab. Technician Senior (Former Employee), Lexington, KYFebruary 1, 2013
Good work place, friendly staff, a good place to learn also.
Great University and Work Place
Peer Tutor (Current Employee), Lexington, KYJanuary 30, 2013
The University of Kentucky is not only a great university, it is a great work place as well. The University of Kentucky offers various jobs to students.
I bleed blue
Student computing services, Consultant (Former Employee), Lexington, KYJanuary 21, 2013
Pros: cheap tickets
UK is awesome, workstudy programs are the back bone of this country
Great place
Staff Support Associate (Former Employee), Pediatric SurgeryDecember 31, 2012
In this position I worked directly with the physicians with daily office duties filing, answering phones, medical transcription. My supervisor was the only person in the office with me so we got along great. Hardest part about this job was the leaving.
the south
Public Relations Intern (Former Employee), Lexington, KYDecember 30, 2012
Pros: peop;e
Cons: race still plays a major factor
If your a chosen staff member its over for you. They eliminated a lot of the minority jobs
Adjunct clinical faculty, Not on campus position. Supervise students at clinic/ hosp setting to meet students' designated clinical hrs
Adjunct Clinical Faculty / MSN Midwifery Level (Former Employee), Lexington, KYDecember 20, 2012
Pros: letters of recommmendation from university deans.
Cons: na
Varied hours.
Student age levels varied, diversified.
Long hours.
Teaching has its rewards.
Exciting Opportunity for Students
Special Event Coordinator (Former Employee), Lexington, KYDecember 17, 2012
Pros: flexible hours, open door policy, respectful and fun
Cons: minimum wage
I worked at the University of Kentucky while I was a student there as well. Co-workers and management were great and respectful at almost all times and were open to suggestions of improvement.

As a student worker, I received minimum wage, however the hours were extremely flexible to accommodate hectic class schedules. With all things taken into account, – more... it was a great place to work while finishing my degree. – less
Great University and great place to work!
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Lexington, KYDecember 12, 2012
A typical day at work was fun and energetic. My students were always excited to be in class and learn. My co-workers were wonderful and very helpful. The hardest part of my job was coming up with different lesson plans to keep things interesting. The most enjoyable part of my job was when my students told me they loved my class.
They were very kind to their employees and treated us fairly.
Patient Relation Assistant (Former Employee), Lexington, KYOctober 22, 2012
Pros: felt good going to work.
Cons: the problems that so many people go through, makes me appreciate what i have.
Liked worked with the people and staff. Learned more about computers. Management and staff were great to work with. The hardest part of job was having to wait on the phone for health insurance companies to approve coverage for treatment, but it is a necessity. Meeting doctors from different parts of the U.S. and different parts of the world and working – more... with the patients was great. – less
Great place to dive into research
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Lexington, KYOctober 12, 2012
Great place to dive into research. Whether it be browsing scholarly articles, measuring samples or running an experiment, I found enjoyment out of it all. I was able to broaden my knowledge of supercritical fluid extraction and the amazing compounds found in plant matter. Management was good and I was allowed adequate time to complete my other studies. – more... The hardest part was composing a final report summarizing my findings, but it wasn't too much of an ordeal and I learned a lot in the process of making it. – less

About University of Kentucky

The University of Kentucky will be one of the nation’s 20 best public research universities, an institution recognized world-wide – Read more

University of Kentucky Photos