University of Kentucky Employee Reviews in United States

Uk
Sport Management Intern, Faculty Sponsor (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 27, 2014
I dearly and sincerely loved the time I spent working at the University of Kentucky. Coworkers were great, and I have no complaints whatsoever.
very good college
Research and Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  lexingtonOctober 20, 2014
Research and Teaching Assistant work including doing research and provide assistance to college professors.
Productive and fun
Medical Assistant Sr (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 26, 2014
Answering phones fileing medical records, Checking in patients It was alot of fun, I always enjoy meeting people. I had great co workers which made for a very easy work day. The hardest part was trying to get everything done by the end of shift. The most enjoyable part was knowing that somebodys life may have been saved because we made sure the doctors had what they needed.
Pros
great atmosphere to work in.
Cons
having to work on the weekends
Learned a lot, good place for student to work.
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 10, 2014
This job was a great job to have in the beginning of my college career. It had flexible hours and I learned a great deal about lab procedures such as PCR, gel electrophoresis, DNA extraction, etc. I was surrounded by graduate students, which also taught me a lot. Some days at work I did very interesting things such as what I described above, but other days I would be collecting seeds or cleaning plant chambers. But overall this was a great job with great experience.
Productive and fun workplace
Postdoctoral Scholar (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 9, 2014
Good research and have learnt a lot in this job.
Excellent place to learn.
Higher Education and Medical Facility
Staff Support Associate II (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 3, 2014
I really enjoy working at UK. Learned a lot in the various area that I worked in. See Resume.
Quiet lab setting with constant schedule
Researcher's assistant (Current Employee) –  Lexington KYSeptember 1, 2014
On a typical day at work I usually sot through samples mix sample to prepare for planting and testing. I learn what goes into research experiments. I also learn a lot about what the research is about. Such as why its being done, what is it for, and how will this help the people. I have worked with co-workers and we get along we even hang out outside work. The hardest part of working in research is staying focused after hours of monotonous labor. It's always good to see the big picture, and realize the purpose of the research. The most enjoyable part of the job is the independence that I have. I work hard and my boss trusts that I will get the job complete in a timely matter.
Pros
independance, stay busy
Cons
may work alone or with co-workers, monotonous tasks
Interesting Job!
Networking Internship - Unpaid/Class Credit (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYAugust 20, 2014
It was surprisingly more fun than I had previously thought.
Great starter job
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lexington,KYAugust 16, 2014
Great starter job after just moving to the Lexington Kentucky area. Helped me get my foot in the door with the University of Kentucky
to little communication
College Financial Analyst Senior (Former Employee) –  lexington kyAugust 8, 2014
communication was limited. no clear guidelines. personality clashes

mgt. did not have the time for their employees. we were scattered to far apart from each other.

enjoyed learning new things, liked seeing campus on the other side
Pros
limited supervision, come and go as please
Cons
four bosses
Really Enjoyed it Here
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJuly 17, 2014
Absolutely loved working with this team. You are given a great opportunity to grow and build your experience.
Pretty Nice
Patient Relations Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYJuly 14, 2014
Will write later, I need to go to work now. It's very nice working here, I have learned alot.
Friendly people, pleasant atmosphere, great work life balance, with educational opportunites.
Laboratory Technician Senior (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJuly 9, 2014
Working with friendly people, in an easy going environment, with a pleasant work atmosphere makes for great work life balance in the heart of Kentucky horse country.
Pros
people, environment, work atmosphere, work life balance, educational opportunities
Cons
annual days sunshine, outdoor activities, such as hiking and biking
Graduate School
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KyJuly 5, 2014
Good professors, reasonable expectations. Teaching assistant duties and tutoring were time consuming but well worth it.
Very kind people
Clinical Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJuly 5, 2014
Most everyone was a consummate professional and spoke kindly even under duress. Hardest part of the job was simply that UK is a very large hospital and one could easily get lost until they learned their way around.
Pros
great staff
Cons
internship doesn't pay
Productive competitive and fun place to work at
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJuly 4, 2014
A typical work day contains several lectures and then office hours. Time is flexible and coworkers are extremely nice.Le
good school
reseracher (Former Employee) –  lexington, kyJune 25, 2014
research hours are given to sr students that need extra hours to graduate - normally someone will let you work in their department
Productive solid state physics lab
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 24, 2014
Research base lab on Carbon base materials
Study the elctrical properties of 2D materials
Carbon Nano Tybe synthesis
Structured program for graduate students
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 10, 2014
Organic Chemistry recitation section is one hour before labs, at 1 PM; so I arrive 45 minutes before the students arrive to make sure all materials are laid out. Any reagents that need to be made, I do at that time, or it has already been made at an earlier date, by me, prior to the lab date. All the TAs rotate who teaches the recitation section prior to convening in the lab.

I learned that having a firm structure can make instructing the labs a facile experience. The recitation teaching materials were already created by our lab coordinator. As TAs we just pretty much follow the PowerPoints. The quizzes were created by our lab coordinator also, so our only outside job requirements were to grade the labs and quizzes. There's no need to re-invent the wheel here.

I really enjoyed working with my fellow TAs. They were very thoughtful and gave a rookie like me great advice to instructing the labs.

The hardest part of the job is grading the lab reports. They can be pretty long and overly detail oriented. All the TAs met with our coordinator once a week to go over how the labs would be graded, and I found the meeting necessary to figure out what needs to be spelled out in a lab report.

The most enjoyable part of the job was getting paid. When you are on your feet for four hours, you want the remuneration.
Pros
practice organic chemistry!
Cons
clean up organic chemistry labs.
Challenging job, good workers, good benefits
Computer Technician (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 6, 2014
Challenging job, good workers, good benefits, and great learning experiences.

4.3