University of La Verne Employee Reviews

great place to work
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  La Verne, CAMay 23, 2017
Good place to work but pay is the lowest in the state (so I've heard); This is a good place to get your feet wet and learn how to teach, but unless you luck out, that is all you can expect from the university. Also, there is a lot of pressure to join committees and do other work that you are not paid to do.
Pros
great students
Cons
no ben. no advancement and little warning about employment changes
Fun workplace environment
Orientation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  La Verne, CAJanuary 18, 2017
Coworkers are amazing and great to work with. Ive learned so much management and leadership skills in this job. The most enjoyable part was to be able to work with incoming students and help them transition into college.
Shady management
engineer (Former Employee) –  ULVJanuary 4, 2017
The benefits are great since you get a lot of PTO, however it's not worth the environment there. The management only cares about themselves and not the betterment of the employees. One specific supervisor constantly harasses his team. Micro management is big there, it was very unpleasant and stressful working for them. Also teamwork is discouraged there and some of your fellow "co-workers" will not hesitate to throw you under the bus.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Horrible bosses, lack of leadership, no encouragement
Director, Extended Learning (Current Employee) –  La Verne, CANovember 20, 2016
Management is great and lots of autonomy to do your job well here. Happy to work at a place that is local and close to home. Spent too many years commuting about 3 hours a day.
A quaint and welcoming place to work.
Administrative Assistant/Office Manager (Retired) (Former Employee) –  La Verne, CAOctober 28, 2016
It was a joy to be a part of the University of La Verne staff for 15 years. I learned a great deal in those 15 years, how to deal with the students needs was our main objective. Management was mostly comprised of educators, and my co-workers and myself, worked together to make that happen for our students on a daily basis. the most difficult part of the job was working so closely with the students, and seeing them leave us, after such bonding, this could also be the most enjoyable part of the job as well.
Pros
the holiday break! the retirement benefits, and of course tuition remission!
Cons
No parking..
Student Worker only if you have work study
Student Work Study (Former Employee) –  La Verne, CASeptember 1, 2016
Flexible hours for a student, adequate pay, work depends on what department hired in, good bosses and calm work environment.
Educational Assistance for College Students in a Lab Setting
Teachers Assistant to Iraj Parchamazad (Former Employee) –  La Verne, CAJuly 2, 2016
Predominately, work tasks included supervision of students in the lab for General and Organic Chemistry courses. Aided students with the assigned lab course for that week. Answered questions. Helped operate instrumentation. Aided in analysis of students results. Graded homework assignments. Proctored in lab quizzes. Always worked with an additional TA and the Professor while in the lab. In addition days of work also involved the wet and dry preparation of chemicals needed for those lab courses.

Management was always working with my schedule as a student. Weekly meeting kept us TAs up to date.

The job helped to build my confidence and tactical knowledge in the lab setting.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Student campus job lacked hours
out of touch management style
Financial Aid Advisor / Financial Aid Liaison (Former Employee) –  La Verne, CAJune 25, 2016
Assisting students and parents in understanding the federal loan program and reviewing SAP requirements
I gained my primary knowledge of financial aid at this university
Management was non supportive of professional growth
My co-workers were the best part of this job as they were very team driven.
The hardest part of the job was the management style
The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting students and parents and team work efforts in spite of management
Pros
Students
Cons
office enviroment
educational and fun Environment to work in.
Radio/TV Assistant (Former Employee) –  La Verne, CAJune 8, 2016
My typical day at work here included putting in reservations for equipment and studios as well as preparing equipment to be checked out. I had to make sure batteries were charged, cameras were working properly and light kits didn't have any missing or defective parts. On some days my boss would have me do special projects dealing with design. For example, updating web content for the radio station. Through this job I got to learn more about the equipment I was checking out like camera equipment and recording studios. I also learned how to multitask better. The job was pretty simple and to the point. However, there were times when students asked for technical help in studios and I wasn't able to help. Other than that the job was amazing. I worked in my own department so I was always surrounded by my classmates and peers and it was always a fun environment to be in. Most times it didn't really feel like work because I had an amazing boss, awesome co-workers, and everyone in the department was easy to work and get along with.
Pros
Free food, awesome boss and co-workers, fun environment.
Great work environment
Student Mentor (Former Employee) –  La Verne, CAMay 10, 2016
Great work environment
Friendly management and professors
A typical work day would depend on the thesis that one is working on
Ulv
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Main CampusFebruary 8, 2016
Great place to work. People are friendly, benefits are great, and there is a good community base. I'd recommend it to anyone.
Wonderful environment
Building Manager (Current Employee) –  La Verne, CAJanuary 7, 2016
Within the Campus Center is its own environment while serving as liaison, it is the perfect job. The everyday needs a multi-tasker, and great communicator.
Great Place to gain experience
Public Relations Assistant (Former Employee) –  La Verne, CASeptember 2, 2015
I enjoyed working here and gaining the experience in the filed that I was receiving my degree for. I learned a lot and plan to use my experiences to help me in the future.
fun work place with lots of students/faculty engagment
Building Manager/Ticket Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  La Verne, CaliforniaAugust 10, 2015
• Provide exceptional and professional customer service to public and university community
• Input data and maintain updated Excel spreadsheets for lost and found article inventory; research, verify description, and return to owner
• Answer multi-line phone system, provided information regarding events, locations, University programs offered, and directed calls to appropriate faculty, staff, and administration
Pros
Flexible hours, located on campus
Cons
short hours
Productive and fun place to work for. Great management. Fun people.
Graduate IB and MKT Ambassador (Current Employee) –  La Verne, CAMay 8, 2015
Top executives are nice and not micromanaging.
Many people like to work there due to the flexible work hours.
Long breaks and free lunches.
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Working weekends at times
Good first job
Student Employee (Former Employee) –  La Verne, CAMay 8, 2015
This was a great environment to introduce myself to the work force with. It was an on-campus job that worked around my school schedule. I quickly began a trainer for other student employees and could independently and comfortable take charge of any station when necessary. I got to work with fellow students and be in a fun, social environment. The downfalls were that the job was ony seasonal (September-May), paid minimum wage, and did not allow more thatn 20 hours per week.
Productive Work Environment
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  La Verne, CAApril 7, 2015
Such a great learning environment.
There are no typical days at work. It is always different.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the co-workers
Professional and Happy work place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAMarch 9, 2015
Very happy with my experience here. The staff is wonderful and very helpful. I love that I never had a question that they couldn't help me answer. All the people I worked for there were very positive and upbeat. Very pleasant to work with.
Pros
great work environment. No stress.
Cons
only a temp job.
I learned a lot from teaching.
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  La Verne, CAFebruary 19, 2015
Teaching helped to hone my leadership skills. I tried to teach my students stuff they would find useful in the real business world. I think they will appreciate it when they start working.
1982-1983. A very supportive environment for young professors. Also an excellent institution to teach for.
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  City of La Verne, CAJanuary 5, 2015
As a part-time instructor:

> Learned the art of productive teaching;
> Had excellent co-faculty.
> I also learned how to serve on an academic committee and the importance of having good supervision and mentors.

1982-1983