University of La Verne Employee Reviews in United States

out of touch management style
Financial Aid Advisor / Financial Aid Liaison (Former Employee) –  La Verne, CAJune 25, 2016
Assisting students and parents in understanding the federal loan program and reviewing SAP requirements
I gained my primary knowledge of financial aid at this university
Management was non supportive of professional growth
My co-workers were the best part of this job as they were very team driven.
The hardest part of the job was the management style
The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting students and parents and team work efforts in spite of management
Pros
Students
Cons
office enviroment
educational and fun Environment to work in.
Radio/TV Assistant (Former Employee) –  La Verne, CAJune 8, 2016
My typical day at work here included putting in reservations for equipment and studios as well as preparing equipment to be checked out. I had to make sure batteries were charged, cameras were working properly and light kits didn't have any missing or defective parts. On some days my boss would have me do special projects dealing with design. For example, updating web content for the radio station. Through this job I got to learn more about the equipment I was checking out like camera equipment and recording studios. I also learned how to multitask better. The job was pretty simple and to the point. However, there were times when students asked for technical help in studios and I wasn't able to help. Other than that the job was amazing. I worked in my own department so I was always surrounded by my classmates and peers and it was always a fun environment to be in. Most times it didn't really feel like work because I had an amazing boss, awesome co-workers, and everyone in the department was easy to work and get along with.
Pros
Free food, awesome boss and co-workers, fun environment.
Great work environment
Student Mentor (Former Employee) –  La Verne, CAMay 10, 2016
Great work environment
Friendly management and professors
A typical work day would depend on the thesis that one is working on
Ulv
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Main CampusFebruary 8, 2016
Great place to work. People are friendly, benefits are great, and there is a good community base. I'd recommend it to anyone.
Wonderful environment
Building Manager (Current Employee) –  La Verne, CAJanuary 7, 2016
Within the Campus Center is its own environment while serving as liaison, it is the perfect job. The everyday needs a multi-tasker, and great communicator.
Great Place to gain experience
Public Relations Assistant (Former Employee) –  La Verne, CASeptember 2, 2015
I enjoyed working here and gaining the experience in the filed that I was receiving my degree for. I learned a lot and plan to use my experiences to help me in the future.
fun work place with lots of students/faculty engagment
Building Manager/Ticket Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  La Verne, CaliforniaAugust 10, 2015
• Provide exceptional and professional customer service to public and university community
• Input data and maintain updated Excel spreadsheets for lost and found article inventory; research, verify description, and return to owner
• Answer multi-line phone system, provided information regarding events, locations, University programs offered, and directed calls to appropriate faculty, staff, and administration
Pros
Flexible hours, located on campus
Cons
short hours
Productive and fun place to work for. Great management. Fun people.
Graduate IB and MKT Ambassador (Current Employee) –  La Verne, CAMay 8, 2015
Top executives are nice and not micromanaging.
Many people like to work there due to the flexible work hours.
Long breaks and free lunches.
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Working weekends at times
Good first job
Student Employee (Former Employee) –  La Verne, CAMay 8, 2015
This was a great environment to introduce myself to the work force with. It was an on-campus job that worked around my school schedule. I quickly began a trainer for other student employees and could independently and comfortable take charge of any station when necessary. I got to work with fellow students and be in a fun, social environment. The downfalls were that the job was ony seasonal (September-May), paid minimum wage, and did not allow more thatn 20 hours per week.
Productive Work Environment
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  La Verne, CAApril 7, 2015
Such a great learning environment.
There are no typical days at work. It is always different.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the co-workers
Professional and Happy work place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAMarch 9, 2015
Very happy with my experience here. The staff is wonderful and very helpful. I love that I never had a question that they couldn't help me answer. All the people I worked for there were very positive and upbeat. Very pleasant to work with.
Pros
great work environment. no stress.
Cons
only a temp job.
I learned a lot from teaching.
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  La Verne, CAFebruary 19, 2015
Teaching helped to hone my leadership skills. I tried to teach my students stuff they would find useful in the real business world. I think they will appreciate it when they start working.
1982-1983. A very supportive environment for young professors. Also an excellent institution to teach for.
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  City of La Verne, CAJanuary 5, 2015
As a part-time instructor:

> Learned the art of productive teaching;
> Had excellent co-faculty.
> I also learned how to serve on an academic committee and the importance of having good supervision and mentors.

1982-1983
Busy work
Collections Spec / Assistant Student Accounts Supv (Former Employee) –  La Verne, CAJuly 15, 2014
I created and managed Collections Unit, including policies and procedures.
Pros
good fringe benefits
Cons
low salaries
Great workplace with lots of people interactions
Center Supervisor / Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  La Verne, CAJune 16, 2014
A fun and insightful place to work. Truly able to help students and faculty in a way that benefits them, the school, and the community. I was able to pick up lots of technological skills, artistic and creative skills, as well as learning how to better serve a variety of clients.
Unplugged Budz - Chief Officer of Operations
Administrative Assistant (Student Worker) (Former Employee) –  La Verne, CAJune 15, 2014
I was in charge of creating and maintaining an Inventory Management System. In addition, I had to create and establish a relationship with three different suppliers. I was held accountable for creating a weekly inventory report as well as presenting it to my professors and business partners.
Pros
flexible hours for events
Cons
a lot of work outside of the classroom
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  La Verne, CAMay 3, 2014
My position allows for a great balance of job and family life.
Reverie Outfitters
Assistant President of Marketing (Former Employee) –  la verne,caApril 1, 2014
It was extremely rewarding working for this because we chose to enter this program and we got to design and create this company within a semester. We where all enthusiastic about our products and what we were going to accomplish throughout the semester and the end result was our reward. It felt even more great to choose where our profits were going to be donated.
Pros
exceptional & unique learning experience
Cons
too short time
Great place for student workers
Campus Safety Aide (Former Employee) –  Campus SafetyFebruary 7, 2014
University of La Verne made it easy and convenient to work while continuing your studies.
A new and challenging environment, but enjoyable.
Payroll Manager (Former Employee) –  La Verne, CAJanuary 22, 2014
I managed the payroll department with two clerks and two to three student workers. My daily and weekly task were preparing for the next payroll, reconciling accounts, filing reports and taxes. I attended some meetings and gave feedback on payroll improvements.

The hardest task for me was interfacing with the Academic side, but I was able to learn from them as well as to share and introduce some valuable information.

Overall I enjoyed working and interfacing with the majority of staff and students.
Pros
being apart of the university family.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of La Verne. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3