University of Louisville Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

No stress
Unit Secretary/Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 13, 2016
Typical day at work was a lot of computer inputting, taking doctor and nurses orders. Making the patient comfortable and keeping everyone calm and relaxed so the day would not be so stressful
Pros
free gym
Cons
not always appreciated
Horrible Management
Patient Flow Coordinator/ Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 20, 2015
After working for the same company for nearly eight years I quit, and it was the best decision ever. Management is ineffective.
Excellent place to work
Float Pool Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lousiville, KYSeptember 26, 2015
Academic medical center, wonderful working environment, co-worker are wonderful, teamwork is essential, face paced environment,
Exciting, you meet everyone from all walks of life.
Telecommunication Speacialist (Former Employee) –  530 S. Jackson St. Louisville ,KyAugust 24, 2015
I truly enjoyed working at the hospital. I truly learned how to work in a stressful environment with it being a trauma 1 hospital and wanting to make sure families got to their love ones safely. Everyday was a learning experience from doctors to vendor, and families. My most memorable time is when a domestic violent victim ran into the hospital screaming, and the abuser right behind her. I was able to remember my training and alert security in a safe and quite manner. The hardest part of my is knowing a patient is in the hospital and we're unable to give out information by looking right in someone's face and saying they're not in this hospital.
Pros
I felt as if I was safe at my job
Cons
We were laid off
Utilized my skills as an ICU RN.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 31, 2015
Co-workers were great. Learned new information regarding stroke patients and their special needs. No feedback from management.
Pros
Skills utilized
Cons
Short staffed many nights.
It was a nice experience exposed to alot
Patient Access Specialist II (Former Employee) –  louisville, KYJune 21, 2015
It was fast paced. It is the level one trauma center in the region. The hardest part of the job was some people did not make it through and it was hard to witness heart break of the families.
Low Ratio Nurses
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KyMay 18, 2015
It is a school hospital.As the academic hospital at the heart of the Louisville Metro area, University Hospital is quite literally the center of the latest developments in patient care. Doctors, nurses and staff are pioneering the treatments that are shaping the future of health care.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Low Ratio Nurses
Great nursing staff, poor management
Registered Nurse-Labor and Delivery (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 23, 2015
The staff on labor and delivery is wonderful. They are educated and experienced. I would trust them with my life. The management degraded quickly after the merger with Kentucky one. They had good intentions, but lacked support.
Pros
wonderful staff, experienced and talented nurses from which to learn
Cons
poor management, not supportive
My workplace
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 21, 2015
It mostly busy and fast paced. There is always something to do, and got to know how to work as a team. Tends to be lack of communication when it gets real busy. Fun to work by some pharmacist.Some co-workers are lazy and I have to pick up the slack, but I like to stay busy anyway.
Pros
good benefits, always learning something new
Cons
too busy at times
Fair not enough staff
Clinical Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 19, 2015
* Fair
* How to multi task
* Okay
* Fair
* Shortage of staff
* Hourly wages
A typical day at work is fair, what I have learned is to multi task, Management is okay and my co-worker are fair, the hardest part of my job not enough staff. I like my hourly wages
Pros
hourly wages
Cons
shortage of staff
I already did this
Coding Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 5, 2015
I already did this and I don't want to write it again.

Handled difficult accounts. Coded charts on overtime basis. Used the Medicare database to find diagnosis codes that applied to the chart and that Medicare would accept.

Very cramped, hostile environment. Worked very early hours to avoid most of the drama.
helpful place for patients to get results for health
Radiology/Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  530 So. Jackson StOctober 8, 2014
checking each patient into the department for tests, learned a lot about each patient, this was a place that a lot of people were really sick, and just talking to them seemed to take their minds off of their problems, and whenever they came they looked forward to seeing me and I looked forward to seeing them as well
Pros
talking to patients and coworkers
Cons
stressful at times
good place to work
Charge RN (Current Employee) –  louisville kyOctober 3, 2014
good place to work. provided with tons of expereince. good learning enviroment
Clinical rotation
CLINICAL ROTATION (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 8, 2014
As well as the first rotation I did physical exam, vital signs , took the history ,and participated in the assessment and plan .
Most enjoyable part of the job
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 6, 2014
Working with talented and caring doctors, nurses, and staff from all disciplines to provide excellent care to patients and families.
Level 1 trauma facility
Radiographer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 9, 2014
You have to think outside of the box to work at a level 1 trauma facility because not every patient can be cared for in a "text book" fashion and require extremely sensitive, quality care.
The Most enjoyable Part of My Job
ER Phlebotomist- Processor (Former Employee) –  louisville, kyApril 14, 2014
The one thing I enjoy the most about what I do is saving lives. many people think phlebotomist only draw blood but we do more than just that. We assure that we draw the right test for the patients diagnoses and get it back to lab fast and effectively to allow the doctor to get the results back in time to find a medicine for the patient.
Pros
i love working in a fast pace enviroment
I enjoy my job hard work long days, learn many different service
Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 31, 2014
I learn many things I did scope cases, for example Gallbladder, appendix, knee scopes. the staff were hard working people. the hardest thing about my job sometime co-workers, people have different set ups starting out cases. Some people cant deal with changes. The most enjoyable thing on my job is the different personality an skills that people have to get the job done.
Pros
good hard working people that overall want good results
Cons
long days and short break
Great place
RN Clinician (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 10, 2014
Very challenging, fun, and interesting job. Good support system. Organized. Good learning environment.
Very excellent work experience
Physician Shadowing (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 18, 2014
The University of Louisville Hospital has a very competent emergency department. My typical day would consist of following an ER physician and assisting him/her in common procedures, examining patients, logging charts, taking medical histories, and helping in the trauma room. I worked with a third-year ER resident who was very competent, who worked directly under a supervising attending. The staff at UL Hospital is very diverse, competent, enthusiastic, skilled, and caring.
Pros
very good experience, wide range of procedures, great staff
Cons
long shifts, non-paid position