University of Louisville Hospital

University of Louisville Hospital Employee Reviews

Great nursing staff, poor management
Registered Nurse-Labor and Delivery (Former Employee), Louisville, KYMarch 23, 2015
Pros: wonderful staff, experienced and talented nurses from which to learn
Cons: poor management, not supportive
The staff on labor and delivery is wonderful. They are educated and experienced. I would trust them with my life. The management degraded quickly after the merger with Kentucky one. They had good intentions, but lacked support.
My workplace
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Louisville, KYMarch 21, 2015
Pros: good benefits, always learning something new
Cons: too busy at times
It mostly busy and fast paced. There is always something to do, and got to know how to work as a team. Tends to be lack of communication when it gets real busy. Fun to work by some pharmacist.Some co-workers are lazy and I have to pick up the slack, but I like to stay busy anyway.
Fair not enough staff
Clinical Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee), Louisville, KYMarch 19, 2015
Pros: hourly wages
Cons: shortage of staff
* Fair
* How to multi task
* Okay
* Fair
* Shortage of staff
* Hourly wages
A typical day at work is fair, what I have learned is to multi task, Management is okay and my co-worker are fair, the hardest part of my job not enough staff. I like my hourly wages
I already did this
Coding Account Specialist (Former Employee), Louisville, KYMarch 5, 2015
I already did this and I don't want to write it again.

Handled difficult accounts. Coded charts on overtime basis. Used the Medicare database to find diagnosis codes that applied to the chart and that Medicare would accept.

Very cramped, hostile environment. Worked very early hours to avoid most of the drama.
helpful place for patients to get results for health
Radiology/Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), 530 So. Jackson StOctober 8, 2014
Pros: talking to patients and coworkers
Cons: stressful at times
checking each patient into the department for tests, learned a lot about each patient, this was a place that a lot of people were really sick, and just talking to them seemed to take their minds off of their problems, and whenever they came they looked forward to seeing me and I looked forward to seeing them as well
good place to work
Charge RN (Current Employee), louisville kyOctober 3, 2014
good place to work. provided with tons of expereince. good learning enviroment
N/A
Emergency Department Admissions Clerk (Former Employee), Louisville, KYSeptember 26, 2014
Really nothing bad or good to say. So that's all.Really nothing bad or good to say. So that's all.Really nothing bad or good to say. So that's all.
CLINICAL ROTATION
CLINICAL ROTATION (Former Employee), Louisville, KYSeptember 8, 2014
AS WELL AS THE FIRST ROTATION I DID PHYSICAL EXAM, VITAL SIGNS , TOOK THE HISTORY ,AND PARTICIPATED IN THE ASSESSMENT AND PLAN .
Most enjoyable part of the job
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Louisville, KYAugust 6, 2014
Working with talented and caring doctors, nurses, and staff from all disciplines to provide excellent care to patients and families.
Level 1 trauma facility
Radiographer (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 9, 2014
You have to think outside of the box to work at a level 1 trauma facility because not every patient can be cared for in a "text book" fashion and require extremely sensitive, quality care.
The Most enjoyable Part of My Job
ER Phlebotomist- Processor (Former Employee), louisville, kyApril 14, 2014
Pros: i love working in a fast pace enviroment
The one thing I enjoy the most about what I do is saving lives. many people think phlebotomist only draw blood but we do more than just that. We assure that we draw the right test for the patients diagnoses and get it back to lab fast and effectively to allow the doctor to get the results back in time to find a medicine for the patient.
I enjoy my job hard work long days, learn many different service
Surgical Technician (Former Employee), Louisville, KYMarch 31, 2014
Pros: good hard working people that overall want good results
Cons: long days and short break
I learn many things I did scope cases, for example Gallbladder, appendix, knee scopes. the staff were hard working people. the hardest thing about my job sometime co-workers, people have different set ups starting out cases. Some people cant deal with changes. The most enjoyable thing on my job is the different personality an skills that people have to get the job done.
Great place
RN Clinician (Former Employee), Louisville, KYMarch 10, 2014
Very challenging, fun, and interesting job. Good support system. Organized. Good learning environment.
Very excellent work experience
Physician Shadowing (Former Employee), Louisville, KYFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: very good experience, wide range of procedures, great staff
Cons: long shifts, non-paid position
The University of Louisville Hospital has a very competent emergency department. My typical day would consist of following an ER physician and assisting him/her in common procedures, examining patients, logging charts, taking medical histories, and helping in the trauma room. I worked with a third-year ER resident who was very competent, who worked directly under a supervising attending. The staff at UL Hospital is very diverse, competent, enthusiastic, skilled, and caring.
Decent first job.
Food Service Specialist (Former Employee), Louisville, KYFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: unprofessional and disorganized management
Unorganized staff. High turnover rate. Must have strong stomach.
management ...
Student Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Louisville, KYFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: patients
Cons: management
Not a fan of the manager and even the secretary, who doesn't know how to treat hard working people.
Chaplain Resident (Former Employee), Louisville, KYFebruary 6, 2014
Stayed very busy
Nice people to work with except for a few exceptions
Challenging, rewarding, educational experience
Health Information Records Manager (Former Employee), Louisville, KYFebruary 2, 2014
In my previous capacity as Health Information Records Manager, my typical work day consisted of leadership of 36 employees, meetings, committee work, collaboration among many departments, and a constant desire to improve upon day to day processes and procedures that supported the work of those providing excellent care to our customers.
Enjoyed clinical experience. Difficult taking call in Louisville, Ky from Lexington, Ky
MRI Technologist PRN (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 24, 2014
Great clinical experience with the type of exams responsible for.

It was very difficult to take call in Louisville while living in Lexington. Ultimately GE convinced me to come back to work with them.
New Kentucky one health taken over all management
Registed Nurse, BSN (Current Employee), Surgical Intensive Care UnitDecember 19, 2013
Pros: never a dull moment, latest technology, learn so much everyday, see the worst trauma patients ever
Cons: chi has changed our entire structure and everyone walks on pins and needles.
I have been at University of Louisville hospital for 17 years, I have been in my unit, SICU trauma unit for 6 month. I love my job, However this new CHI have taken over and things are extremely different. It is just very hard with all the different very harsh changes that have occured. Im not saying this new company is bad, it is just very different than the last 17 years and is very hard to get usto these changes.

1 2 3