University of Louisville Hospital Employee Reviews

Long dragged out day,
Lining aid (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 15, 2017
One possible two employees work a shift. It long and dragged out 8 hours if you lucky. Some one may call in on the next shift then it makes it a 12 hours shift. If its third shift the you have to hope management answer the phone if not you can be there for 16 hours (2 full shifts)....
Pros
Make tour own breaks
Cons
Can get interrupted by a call you have to leave your break
Productive Environment
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 9, 2017
Fast but steady pace. I enjoyed my co workers and the work environment was stress free. Management was fair .I enjoyed the fast pace of working in the Trauma Hospital
Management in Center for Women and Infants expects nurses to jeopardize their license.
RN (Former Employee) –  Center for women and infantsApril 1, 2017
Not a float nurse but sent to the neonatal intensive care unit to take care of sick babies with no training. Fired when something is said or done regarding patient safety.
Cons
Management is not good
Productive and Fun
linen aide,cook,cashier etc. (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 20, 2017
I enjoyed my time spent at University of Louisville Hospital. The hospital allowed me to have multiple jobs were I got to meet great people. I wish I was still there.
Good stepping stone, management needs improvement
Nurse extern (Current Employee) –  Louisville, kyFebruary 20, 2017
Overall University has been a valuable first step in my employment, but it is time for me to move elsewhere as I am progressing in the professional world.
Exposure to a wide variety of types of patients
STAFF THERAPIST/LEAD THERAPIST/PROTOCOL THERAPIST (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 18, 2017
When you work at trauma/teaching hospital there is no such thing as a typical day at work. A great place for learning opportunities and the majority of doctors and nurses work with the respiratory therapist in a team approach. No room for advancement however. The hospital only gives jobs in education, infection control, etc. to nurses. There are only 1-2 jobs available in the respiratory department and they are given to who management chooses without posting or interviews.
Pros
Good experience
Cons
Lack of opportunity for advancement
a great staring job
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 7, 2017
this place has a lot of room to allow you to grow, a great teaching hospital. very fast paced, long hours , at times can be short of staff but the team will work together to make it thru the shift. the hardest part of the job was being short staffed often
great people, great work
Lead Transporter (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 8, 2016
Passionately enjoyed working here! Friendly staff. Pay was decent. Flexible hours. Easy to work your way up in fields. I learned things that would assist me in my future career.
nice facility and faculty
Anesthesia Technician (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 3, 2016
Steady work pace, enjoyable staff. University is a teaching ospital so its a great place to learn and there is always someone willing to help if things get behind.
Pros
3 12r shifts
Cons
driving to louisville
Great place to work!
Clinical Technician-CNA (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 7, 2016
Would recommend this position to any qualified candidates. The work atmosphere is fast-paced and rewarding. This company is willing to help advance your career with them through education and training.
busy and productive
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 21, 2016
Typical nights at ULH are busy. Multi-tasking is routine.I've learned that communication is the key to success. With a clear vision and strong core values any dept should be successful.Surgery night crew was the best!!
Radiologic Technologist (PRN) (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 16, 2016
I have been working at this hospital since September. It is great. The technologists are easy to work with. Overall great job.
Lots of Experience
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 6, 2016
This is a great hospital to gain a variety of experience. I cared for many trauma patients. Management has changed and seems to be improving. Most of the Co-workers were great although several needed an attitude adjustment. Hardest part of the job was working short staffed, to my understanding they are in the process of filling several positions and hopefully that will improve. I loved the fact that I got to see so many different things at this hospital instead of the same thing day in and day out.
Pros
Experience
Cons
staffing
No stress
Unit Secretary/Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 13, 2016
Typical day at work was a lot of computer inputting, taking doctor and nurses orders. Making the patient comfortable and keeping everyone calm and relaxed so the day would not be so stressful
Pros
free gym
Cons
not always appreciated
I enjoy this job tremendously.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 23, 2016
I enjoyed this position because of the high acuity of the patient population. I also enjoyed this position because of the highly motivated staff and the innovations of working at a research facility.
Pros
Mental challenge
Horrible Management
Patient Flow Coordinator/ Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 20, 2015
After working for the same company for nearly eight years I quit, and it was the best decision ever. Management is ineffective.
Excellent place to work
Float Pool Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lousiville, KYSeptember 26, 2015
Academic medical center, wonderful working environment, co-worker are wonderful, teamwork is essential, face paced environment,
Exciting, you meet everyone from all walks of life.
Telecommunication Speacialist (Former Employee) –  530 S. Jackson St. Louisville ,KyAugust 24, 2015
I truly enjoyed working at the hospital. I truly learned how to work in a stressful environment with it being a trauma 1 hospital and wanting to make sure families got to their love ones safely. Everyday was a learning experience from doctors to vendor, and families. My most memorable time is when a domestic violent victim ran into the hospital screaming, and the abuser right behind her. I was able to remember my training and alert security in a safe and quite manner. The hardest part of my is knowing a patient is in the hospital and we're unable to give out information by looking right in someone's face and saying they're not in this hospital.
Pros
I felt as if I was safe at my job
Cons
We were laid off
Utilized my skills as an ICU RN.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 31, 2015
Co-workers were great. Learned new information regarding stroke patients and their special needs. No feedback from management.
Pros
Skills utilized
Cons
Short staffed many nights.
It was a nice experience exposed to alot
Patient Access Specialist II (Former Employee) –  louisville, KYJune 21, 2015
It was fast paced. It is the level one trauma center in the region. The hardest part of the job was some people did not make it through and it was hard to witness heart break of the families.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Louisville Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

University of Louisville Hospital Reviews by Location