The System Administrator’s role is to manage and tune in-house computer software systems and network connections to ensure high levels of availability and security of the supported business applications. This individual also performs software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages, schedules installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures.
Acquisition & Deployment
· Coordinate with network engineering, business application, and database administration functions to implement server systems that utilize industry best practices to meet corporate objectives.
· Deploy servers, firewalls, encryption systems, and all host security systems.
· Manage all server operating systems and software.
· Ensure the integrity and security of enterprise data on host computers, multiple databases, and during data transfer in accordance to business needs and industry best-practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance.
· Manage end user accounts, permissions, access rights, and storage allocations in accordance with best-practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance.
· Perform and test routine system backups and restores.
· Anticipate, mitigate, identify, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware and software problems on servers, input/output fleet, and workstations. Escalate incidents as necessary.
· Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
· Support application development teams throughout project lifecycles.
· Analyze system, server, application, network, and input/output device performance.
· Recommend, schedule, and perform software and hardware improvements, upgrades, patches, reconfigurations, and/or purchases.
· Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols, and standards in support of systems software procurement and development efforts.
· Create required reports in response to business user needs.
· Participate in negotiations with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure software products and services.
· Develop, document, and maintain policies, procedures and associated training plans for system administration and appropriate use.
· Provide guidance to junior members of the team.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
· BACHELOR'S DEGREE IN COMPUTER SCIENCE OR RELATED FIELD.
· MCTS / MCITP / MCSE – preferred.
· Excellent communication and presentation skills required.
· Must project a professional company image through in-person and phone interactions at all times.
· 6 years of related experience, or 2 years direct experience; or equivalent combination of education/experience. Appropriate certification or licensure (if applicable) required.
· Citrix experience – preferred.
· Allscripts EHR experience – preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
· Working technical knowledge of network, PC, and platform operating systems, including VMWare, Citrix, AIX and Microsoft
· Working technical knowledge of current systems software, protocols, and standards, including Active Directory, ADLDS, LDAP, FTP etc.
· Hands-on software and hardware troubleshooting experience.
· Experience documenting and maintaining configuration and process information.
· Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
· Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
· Strong customer service orientation.
· Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
· Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills.
· Adept at reading, writing, and interpreting technical documentation and procedure manuals.
· Ability to conduct research into hardware and software issues and products as required.
· Ability to present ideas and solutions in user-friendly language.
· Highly self-motivated and directed.
· Keen attention to detail.
· Skilled at working within a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
· Provide after hours’ operations and on-call support.
· Sitting for extended periods of time.
· Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components.
· Occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings.
· Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
Apply online at https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=1192931