University of Louisville Physicians Employee Reviews in United States

Medical Receptionist/Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 6, 2016
I love assisting the public with their needs and the network that is available to help some one. I love the co-workers and their personality that is shown and given to the public.
Pros
Free lunch from the drug representatives
Cons
Constantly busy
CBO is so poorly managed, no one works there long
Certified Coder (Former Employee) –  Central Billing OfficeFebruary 11, 2016
The medical side of ULP sounds like it is a better culture than the CBO. Turnover was much more than half of the coding staff in 2015. Employees are wonderful and want to do well. If you have another prospect, take it. You will be looking for a new job before long if you take a position in the current environment. Hopefully they will address problem executive resources and it will get better.
Pros
Good employees who care about others
Cons
Worst management I have seen in many years of medical billing
Review of ULP
IT Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 27, 2016
Typical work day consisted of troubleshooting laptop/desktop/tablet/iPhone/Android devices.

I learned a lot about how the IT industry ties in with the health industry.

Management was fantastic.

Hardest part of the job was dealing with the demanding issues that would arise that needed immediate resolution.

The most enjoyable part was working side by side with physicians.
This is a great place to work for
OB/GYN (Current Employee) –  louisville,kyOctober 22, 2015
I have been apart of UofLP for two years now and have loved working here. It has great people to work with and the managers and very caring and understanding. I have enjoyed being apart of Uof L
Patient care come first
Certified Medical Assistant/ Clinical Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 23, 2015
Patient care is our number one priority. We do whatever it takes to make sure the patients are taken care of appropriately and that they are satisfied when they leave our office.
We see up too 100 patients a day between our faculty Doctors and residents. We couldn't ask for better staff! Such caring and amazing people.
Unfortunately, there is a high turnover rate which leads to having a short staff. Employees get overworked and burnt out, management should be better about these issues.
Pros
Wonderful staff, faculty and residents.
Benefits
total chaos
Credentialing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 17, 2015
Organized chaos.
benefit package is horrible, it depends on who you know to get ahead at ULP. Management is knowledge, if you do find a manager that is informed and is knowledgeable about your job, they become jealous.
Pros
great people
Cons
ULP does not want to invest in it's staff. No room for growth
The CBO is the most unorganized place I have ever worked. The employees are very nice and do good work, but the management is the worst
Medical Coder (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 8, 2015
This is a very chaotic place to work. Management has no idea what is going on. All they care about is controlling breaks and lunches. They should be more concerned about training people correctly. There have been several people with a lot of years with the company to quit because upper management has no idea how to run a company. I would try to find a job somewhere else if I were you.
Pros
Cons
controlling
Review
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 22, 2015
My review of this position was wonderful, everyone there was wonderful to work with and to work for as a company. I would recommend this position to anyone. You can not work for a better group of physicians
All about Success
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  louisville,kyJuly 22, 2015
Very family oriented, the most enjoyable part of my job was just being around the people that loves to work together.Fast growing company.
Lots of available OT potential
CERTIFIED CODER (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 20, 2015
Plenty of opportunity to work overtime, not much personal freedom in use of PTO. Benefits package could definitely be improved.
Pros
OT potential
Cons
PTO
prison
University Child Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 8, 2015
it is like working in a prison. management turn employees against each other and give false promises if they don't like you they fire you or make it unbearable for you to stay. they have there pick of employees and they can do no wrong. they treat the hard working people like dodo and keep pushing them for more work.they threaten them with out sourcing there jobs or we can find better workers than you for the job it gets old after a while. everyone breaks at the same time and lunch. no room in the lunch room and microwave. terrible conditions.
Pros
salary
Cons
too much for this line
Great place to work.
Clinical Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 25, 2015
Family like environment, great place to work. Teaching facility so It's always room to learn new things. Large fast paced practice.
position eliminated as reduction in workforce transition
do not wish to divulge (Former Employee) –  ULP down downApril 9, 2014
Disorganized, during the acquisition and transition to ULP employment, we were verbally told many things. For example; if you were professional staff you would not lose you educational benefit, you were told you would still maintain benefit to fund in order to attend conferences and seminars. You were told the insurance benefits would be the same. All the verbal promises were untruthful. ULP did not put in writing what they verbally explained in meetings. I leaned nothing, and it was an unpleasant experience working for them. The job description did not change, but responsibility increased. Very poor retirement benefits, management was difficult to contact in order to get questions clarified.
Cons
healthcare setting, was not paid for being on call.
Rewarding but overwhelming
Switchboard/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 1, 2014
The job was definitely rewarding working with children but overall, the job was not organized and caused a lot of chaos. Busy from the time you got in till the time you got off, co-workers were the best we worked as a good team, enjoyed working with them. Management could use some improvement. Most of our staff has been with our office over 3 years or more and has not had a raise.
Pros
definately enjoyed free lunches and the bonus that we received
Cons
short breaks and lunches
Pretty Laid Back
University Child Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 15, 2013
I really enjoy doing what I do, as well as the flexibility of my hours and the overtime. However, I just wish that there was opportunity for advancement within the company, in which there is not, (not in my department). Also, I feel that for what I do, I am worth more than I am getting paid
Pros
overtime, no set schedule, no dress code, great position
Cons
the pay, management
Summary
Charge Entry Associate (Current Employee) –  lou, kyMarch 27, 2013
Since the merge there have been many lay offs and more continue to occur.
Pros
free health insurance if your single and not sickly
Cons
no career advancements
ok
Help Desk Support (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KentuckyJanuary 26, 2013
nice desk to work on and a nice soft chair with good working phones and computers.
Chaotic and Dysfunctional
Manager (Current Employee) –  LouisvilleJanuary 8, 2013
Organization is very dysfunctional in its attempts to bring centralization and unify all the various areas. Leadership and management are not trained and many are plain incompetent, though loyal. Archaic processes and managers demonstrate strong attempts to avoid any sort of change or improvements.
Pros
very rewarding to make a difference in people's lives.
Cons
generally poor benefits and low pay, poor managment and leadership, no communication, no training except it

2.9