University of Louisville Employee Reviews

Fine
Student Assistant (Dock) (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 8, 2017
It's fine it's a mediocre work environment but the people there make it or break it. They don't let you work as many hours as you would necessarily like to work.
Cons
Thrilling to be part of a successful academic research institution.
Industrial Hygienist/Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 4, 2017
Working at University of Louisville was about constantly learning and being challenged. Became specialized in areas where there were not many knowledgeable professionals at the time. Thrilling to be part of a successful academic research institution.
Great place, great people
Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 30, 2017
I thought it was an amazing environment and the people were so nice and understanding about their research. I was young and they weren't particular about age.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Far Away from home.
Competitive environment driven to win and be the best athletic department in the country.
Associate Head Coach & Defensive Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 30, 2017
Typical day for me was 7am-530pm
I learned how to think on my feet, problem solve and drive people to perform their best. Would like to do this with a more willing audience.
Pros
Compensation and perks
Do not come here for chemistry
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 28, 2017
Not only was I poisoned in my lab, but the year I spent in the hospital and recovering was not paid. Additionally, despite not even being conscious six months, I was informed upon my return that the statute of limitations expired a few days from my return (to obtain legal council and to pursue legal disputes).
I had an extension for the statute of limitations filed, and the day after the extension expired I was terminated. This has been the most troubling and difficult graduate school experience I can imagine, and would not wish it upon anyone.
Pros
Cons
Poor pay, benefits, unhelpful faculty
work is suspended when college is on vacation.
Chef. Ville Grill (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 18, 2017
was promised full time work. But they close the food service when the University is closed for any break and all holidays. so there is not enough work to pay me to stay.

Of fall break, thanksgiving week Christmas two weeks or more etc.
Pros
fast paced
Cons
not enough hours
Stressful and Fast Paced
Research Technician I (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 14, 2017
Management was poor and micromanaged constantly. Overall stressful environment, and only people that really want to do research should be technicians there.
good benefits/low salary
PROGRAM ASSISTANT SENIOR (Former Employee) –  Louisville KYNovember 12, 2017
I like my job,.my boss a micro manager, she was a friend when I started no any more, liked working with the doctors, just not a good situation, not sure what else to write
Pros
good insurance
Cons
low salary, not good boss
wonderful place to work
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 8, 2017
I loved taking care of the patients. And the staff was just like family. It was one of the best places I have ever worked. We were busy all day but it wasn't bad because I loved what I was doing.
very nice university
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 8, 2017
Uofl is a good place to work in. We are improving in all aspects. I really enjoying working here. And the school is very diverse. The working environment is great.
Pros
balanced
Compensation
Unit Business Manager / Accountant III (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 7, 2017
Work extremely hard for less than market wages.
Good work/life balance.
Advancement is not encouraged.
Excellent Co-Workers
Time for a change/challange
Good to work
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 26, 2017
The timing is flexible for graduate research assistants. You get a chance to work on various projects and increase knowledge. It gives a good industry grade experience.
Fun place to work
Student Manager, Men's Basketball Team (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 9, 2017
I enjoy my time working for the University's Basketball team as it is a fun and healthy environment. We don't have the most glamorous job in the world, but they aim to make us feel appreciated.
Temp Employee
Enrollment Counselor (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 20, 2017
The university is in a tough position currently but the culture is great and the staff is doing the best they can with limited resources. I recommend this institution to work at.
Great place to work, if you don't mind uncertainty
Research Technologist II (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 19, 2017
Great place to work with lots of friendly people and opportunities to get involved around campus. Unfortunately, most research work is grant-based and decreased funding can quickly lead to loss of employment.
Pros
Awesome benefits, excellent work environment
Cons
Jobs are typically for only a year and continuation depends on funding
Boring political driven work place
Technology Specialist 3 (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 19, 2017
Clicks and bad politics control the higher end of this workplace, if you don’t want to grow or move up the ladder time here should be wonderful and stagnant.
A lot of work for terrible pay
Humanities Instructor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KY 40204September 12, 2017
There is very little room for advancement, below-average benefits, no incentives, and terrible pay. Colleagues are brilliant but under-paid and under-appreciated. Education quality is slowly deteriorating with its business model to get bodies in seats.
Loved the opportunity to teach at this prestigious institution
Lecturer Instructor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 11, 2017
This college offered me opportunities to learn and to grow. I taught 90 students per semester, and although it was challenging, I enjoyed the work. I learned to be independent, to organize my classroom, to use smart technologies in the classroom and to incorporate current events into my teaching.
Pros
Exposure to faculty, friends and a great college.
Cons
The Spring semester did not offer as many opportunities to teach.
U of L was a great place to work. Many perks in every area.
Program Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 10, 2017
A typical day would require you to do the tasks set forth in the job description. Their IT department is excellent and are always upgrading equipment and programs to better help employees successfully perform their job.
Great environment
Associate Investigator (Current Employee) –  Fellow, Surgical OncologySeptember 5, 2017
The hospital is a very enjoyable environment and very educational. The faculty is world class and allows you to practice your autonomy. The level of care given at the University of Louisville is excellent and proud to treat patients.