University of Louisville Employee Reviews

busy but rewarding because you were giving quick attention to people that were ill
Lab Associate (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 9, 2016
would go into other hospitals and pick up lab work, forwarded it to appropriate place for quick analysis. Learned that drug addictions were a disease and the people with these needed direction (help) the hardest part was when the patient didn't make it. I had the opportunity to help with a research program one of the Doctors worked on. Very nice environment with the best of people.
Pros
good benefits, committed people
Favorite job I ever had
Operations (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 26, 2017
The atmosphere is great and the benefits are as well. Employees are offered free tuition as well as their dependents. There is a family feel working there.
Pros
Atmosphere
Cons
low pay
UofL
Program Coordinator Sr (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 17, 2016
A great place to work! The wages and benefits are competitive, and the staff is very friendly. I enjoy that there's such a sense of community in the organization and that the transition has been very easy.
Pros
education
Cons
hours
Great Benefits
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 10, 2016
hard work but great co-workers which made job better. I learned to work hard and get the job done. I enjoyed my co-workers.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Crossing the bridge to Louisville Ky
Great benefits, stay away from drama.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 14, 2016
great place to work, but stay away from drama within your zone. People are crazy. Benefits are really good, and the work isn't that hard if you're not lazy like most. Management is what is terrible though. Managers and "Higher-Ups" have a certain attitude about them, and look down on the custodians.
Pros
Great Benefits
Progressive, positive, and opportunistic
Receptionist, Administration, Class Registration (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 10, 2017
A typical day at work was an opportunity to work with intelligent, progressive like minded people working together to meet or exceed organizational goals.
Pros
tuition reimbursement and work life balance
Benefits
Administrative Associate (Research) (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 28, 2016
Wonderful benefits. Student atmosphere diverse and student achieve education. Your able to obtain education to enter the workforce. Meet new people and develop relationships
Pros
Education benefits
Cons
Public distractions
no thank you
Executive Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 9, 2017
Give us your opinion about the University of Louisville:
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
workplace culture
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable par of the job
working at the univeristy
Supervisor Assistant (Current Employee) –  health Science campusMay 27, 2016
I work in a multifaceted area that has a high customer service requirement. I work Monday through Friday and have excellent benefits. Most co-workers are a fun bunch.
benefits
Cons
pay
Nice People
Director (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 29, 2016
Good co-workers - Long hours - Too much drama at the top of the organization - Acting President wonderful - CFO is a con man - no comopassion for staff - my boss is awesome!
Pros
The people
Cons
pay - Leadership at the top
good company
Postal Worker (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 27, 2016
I enjoyed working here, the management is kind and laid back and everyone helps each other. The job is also fairly easy and the people are very nice.
Friendly and proactive environment
Ph.D. researcher (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 17, 2017
Working as a researcher at the department of civil and environmental engineering was one of the best eras of my life. Very friendly environment and enough space to grow. The dean and faculties are supportive and encouraging.
Falling Apart
Clinical Research Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 22, 2017
Avoid UofL for the next 18 months while it tries to put itself back together. Layoffs imminent due to budget shortfalls and lost revenue. Undergoing a massive reorg.
Pros
Nice benefit
Cons
Unstable
Nice comfortable and laid back enviroment
Coordinator of Physics Technical Service (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 9, 2016
A typical day would be professor would bring a print an instrument that was needed in a research lab. I would review it with them and we would decide what materials was needed for the best performance and durability of the instrument. Then I would draw it up on the CAD system and send it to the CNC machine to be fabricated.. I ordered the material and tools for the job if I didn't have them in the shop.
Pros
There was no pressure or stress
Cons
I really can't think of any cons.
good place to work
Pediatric Clinical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 30, 2017
I was a pediatric clinical instructor here and it was easy money for the amount of work I had to put into the job. Most of the issues were not job related, but more due to the floors that my students did our clinical on.
very nice place to grow your experience
Post-Doctoral Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 19, 2017
working over here will increase your experience and enhance your skills,the university and its hospitals are a big diversity place where everyone is welcomed
working environment is very good.
Post Doc Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 18, 2016
It provides a very flexible working schedule and at the same time requires a very high standard of productivity. The co workers as well as the leader of the group were very nice and friendly.
Exciting, fast paced and very social atmosphere in and out of the office.
Athletic Director for Development (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 10, 2013
I was the Athletic Director for Development, in charge of fundraising for UofL Athletics. Annually, responsible for over $11 million in donations. Also responsible for raising additional funds for special projects, like new facilities and endowments. I directly reported to Tom Jurich and had a staff of 12 employees who worked for me.

Our staff was responsible for all communications to over 10,000 Cardinal Athletic Fund members and new initiatives for raising additional dollars and recruiting new members.
Pros
fast paced, fun, exciting, teamwork and very goal oriented.
Cons
long hours, work all day & every game on weeknights & weekends, tremendous pressure to raise money, find new donors, cultivate current donors.
University has great benefits but advancement opportunities at this level (mid 50's for a mid level professional) are extremely limited.
Unit Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 7, 2014
Cronyism is rampant and merit raises are not usually based on merit. University often will not discipline supervisors that exhibit discriminatory and unprofessional behavior.

The campus has a wonderful student/research vibe and is an exciting place to work. Benefits are top notch and in some areas there is truly a work/life balance but, that is dependent upon the management of that particular area.
Pros
Great Benefits including generous retirement match and free use of gym
Cons
Cronyism and unprofessional management
Computers and internet still new, thus affording on the-job-training opportunity
TECHNICAL SUPPORT CONSULTANT - STUDENT ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Louisville Hall, Stephenson HallMarch 13, 2015
Supported students in the computer lab with computer related issues.
Provided support with office related equipment, for example: printing of documents, lamination machine, copier, fax Machine.
Helped with general document issues: Saving, copy, pasting, and retrieval of “lost” documents
Supported university and laboratory in preparing computers for the year 2000.
Aided university and lab with virus issues, for instance, the Melissa Virus.
Pros
convenience of location to class, great learning environment
Cons
unflexible, long work hours, no benefits, no chance of advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Louisville. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2