University of Louisville Employee Reviews

Productive, well kept up! friendly people and Great Benefits, nice Pay, Great Security
Maintinance (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 31, 2015
Management was considerably there for Our needs, I learned many new things like Cleaning the Plant because the School provided its on resources for their heating and air the hardest of the job was shoveling Coal into the heating system the most enjoyed was going from building to building you never in the same spot in one area everyday was about the same as any! I can say a pretty descent job it was! reason for moving I moved out of town because of my wife work traveled to their final destination in Tampa, Fla to stay for good
Pros
free lunches
Cons
breaks, meetings
Great university with great people
student (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 9, 2015
I enjoyed every minute of my college experience at the University of Louisville. It was extremely diverse and a great place to earn an education.
Pros
Great school
Great place to work!
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 4, 2015
I was able to do my work base learning at UofL Hospital and it was amazing! I was able to learn so much and the staff was great! Everyone there really seemed to like working there and I truly do miss it!
Pros
Great experience!
A stable work environment and supports ethical work standards
Assistant Treasurer (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 4, 2015
Each day is challenging although your skill set is enhanced through professional development offerings. There exists a team atmosphere among most staff along with clear management direction. The emphasis of Treasury is to maintain an optimum cash position to support the operations, which is fulfilling when accomplished.
Pros
Tuition remission for employees and immediate family members or dependents.
Cons
Progress on projects or new endeavors involves delays usually due to funding.
Great workplace with awesome people
Student Football Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 28, 2015
Dealt with day to day operations with a college football program in a fast paced environment with highly motivated people working toward the same goal.
Great way to make money in-between classes
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 9, 2015
Working in the library as a benefit of federal aid, it was a great way to make a little money in-between classes and at the end of the day.
review
Lab Tech Assistant (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 2, 2015
My jobs at uofl was very nice. I would clean animal cages daily. I stayed on my feet most of the day. My co workers worked hard and were very reliable. The job was very enjoyable. The hardest part was getting ready for inspections.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
The inspections.
Amazing
Tier 1 Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 30, 2015
Good work environment and a good place to work. The staff is very friendly and it is very laid back atmosphere. The bosses are great and very flexible with work schedules.
Would recommend as an employer
Payroll Director (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 22, 2015
Would recommend most departments as good places to work. The central business offices are significantly understaffed and insufficiently automated with overworked staff.
Overall Good Environment to Work In
Dept. OB/GYN (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 19, 2015
Comfortable working conditions, good and flexible schedule. Positive effort to get things accomplished. Great mission.
Good place to Work
Admistrative Assistance (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 23, 2015
University of Louisville is a very flexible place to work. Also there are room to further your education. The department I work in we work as a team.
Pros
Child has can go to school free.
Cons
Very little work required of me.
College of Business Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 20, 2015
My typical day at work requires me to scan documents, make copies, and search for documents for professors and adjuncts in the CIS and MGMT department. This job was very easy but majority of my time was spent sitting at the front desk doing homework for my classes, very little time was needed for doing tasks related to the job.
Pros
Learned about my professors
Cons
Lots of downtime
Its very fun place to work
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 19, 2015
A typical day starts with my classes. I need to take care of the Laboratory myself and to help the students who are facing difficulties in their work and make sure they were in the right track. I have learnt a lot how to tackle a problem and how to communicate with others when they face some problems are the major. The most enjoyable part is to teach and the hardest part of the is to make every student to attend all the labs.
Pros
I have learnt a great deal about the subject
Cons
nothing
Wonderful faculty, staff and students
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 29, 2015
A 2 person office where the work load is minimal now as my boss is retiring. Coordinate, schedule and arrange bi-weekly and bi-monthly meetings. Good collegiality among others on the floor. I have thoroughly enjoyed my job and at one time found taking minutes a bit difficult during 2 hour meetings.
Pros
Good 401K
Cons
Nothing comes to mind
Enjoyable Company and a pleasant work enviornment
AUS Course Reserves Specialist (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 7, 2015
A laid-back work environment with hands on management who know how to step back and let you do your work. Everyone is part of the team and we all work together in order to provide a pleasant, helpful experience for our patrons. The hardest part of the job would be when the programs we use glitches and we want to help out patrons, but there is literally nothing we can do at the moment. However the best part of the job would be my co-workers who i can collaborate with on different tasks.An excellent place to get started working, or to continue working in the library.
Pros
excellent co-workers and getting paid holidays
Cons
not much room for advancement
It is a school
interpreter (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 23, 2015
I love interpreting for the deaf it is my passion. I left because I am too close to it. i love the deaf community and do it for the love not as a career
Outstanding experience.
DIRECTOR DISEASE MANAGEMENT (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KentuckyJune 19, 2015
University of Louisville has been and continues to be on the forefront of academic excellence in the community. I was surrounded by intelligent professionals and a management team who were extremely supportive with my role and career.
A good place to work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 7, 2015
I gained some very good work experience. I enjoyed working their. I learned a great deal about working in the emergency room. I learned a great deal working with trama nursed and doctors.Thank you.
Was not what I was looking for.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 6, 2015
This was the first job I took out of nursing school and although I got to see and do a lot of things I would not have experienced anywhere but a trauma center, it was not why I went into nursing. My plan when I decided to go into nursing was to work with children and I did not get that there.
Rewarding position
Coordinator of 55 works (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 21, 2015
Excellent working relationship with all other managers and employees. I enjoyed most working with many diverse groups and listening to their needs and what they wanted to accomplish from this training.
Pros
Excellent work environment

4.2